Dark Souls Page 837

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• Architect_z 22 Jul 2013 09:41:54 2,302 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Or for a dex build the B.S.S. is really good. I put this in a spoiler because one of the forum posters gets a little sensitive about this.
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 09:41:56 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right, I cannot find the way to the Power Within tunnel. I found it smooth as arseholes the first run through, but now I'm almost convinced the route has changed. Any help would be appreciated.

(Quelaag's being a cunt this time as well for some reason).

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Ironlungs76 22 Jul 2013 09:51:40 4,930 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You're looking for the tunnel near the huge grub thing near the 1st bonfire in Blighttown (the 'proper route' via the Depths not from the swamp). There's one of those big fat roaring things in it. Off this tunnel and down 1 ladder is another tunnel where you go to reach the grub face-to-face to kill it safely. There's a whip around the ladders too (sort of a cylindrical area).

Alternatively you can shoot the grub from safety with arrows until it dies, OR suicide run from the 1st bonfire to the grub and grab it before you get killed. Much faster!
  • Architect_z 22 Jul 2013 09:55:10 2,302 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Isnt power within under the big squid?
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 09:56:23 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gah, that's exactly where I thought it was but I could not find it to save my life. I've found the cave with the club wielding fat bastard in it, killed hi and then dropped down inside the big well thing the cave leads to. There are two levels down from where you come into that well, I take it I want the middle level? The one with the corpse on it?

• Ironlungs76 22 Jul 2013 09:59:51 4,930 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I seem to recall it's the middle one, so either up one or down one ladder depending on which way you approach the area.

It's definitely down from the big fat roaring guy, not sure if down 1 or 2 ladders though without having it in front of me, sorry but I *think* it's only 1.
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 10:00:45 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll check again tonight, cheers.

• Dangerous_Dan 22 Jul 2013 10:18:22 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I'll check again tonight, cheers.
    Don't pass the club wielding roaring guy. Before you enter the cave, a few steps up that ramp is a ladder. You have to climb it and then you'll make your way into the giant rock cavern and slide down a ladder behind that monster. There you can kill it from behind.
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 10:21:30 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aaaaaah.

Nice.

• quadfather 22 Jul 2013 10:23:45 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Or for a dex build the B.S.S. is really good. I put this in a spoiler because one of the forum posters gets a little sensitive about this.
    I honestly don't know what you mean

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 22 July 2013 10:40:08
    @Architect_z @Dr_Mech

Well, I have a +5 chaos shotel now too after discovering a way that I could get another red slab. Blue orb wouldn't find anyone for PvP last night when I had a quick gander so might put my red soapstone down later so I can test it.

Tried it out PvE though and it's awesome so I think it will be really handy.
  • Deleted user 22 July 2013 11:14:19
    So this weekend I navigated my way through the Duke's Archives, killed Seath the Scaleless - didn't get the moonlight sword - and have lowered the water level in New Londo Ruins.

Crystal Caves is another example of Dark Souls' shockingly bad level design, I'm afraid. Invisible walkways? GTFO.

Those skeletor-like mother-fuckers at New Londo are killing me all too easily, though. Level 75 and still using the +5 Black Knight Sword. Still can't work out how to trade in my boss souls and haven't been rewarded by the blacksmiths yet for cashing in my embers.

Also struggling to kill those three bastards I had to use the Black Orb to fight in the Anor Londo great hall.

Finally, I also can't get past those shitboxes in the fiery depths - the ones with the big right-angled blades.
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 11:16:09 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Boss Souls go to the giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo if you want to know hairy. And those skeletor types are easy, you need to hit them to death with your Zweihander.

• LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 11:17:01 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The rest will come with time, and practice.

• Deleted user 22 July 2013 11:17:20
    He doesn't seem to want to take my boss souls. Also, not using the Zweihander, still on Black Knight's Sword.
  • ProfessorLesser 22 Jul 2013 11:19:58 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Finally, I also can't get past those shitboxes in the fiery depths - the ones with the big right-angled blades.
    The Capra demons? You've killed one already! How can you not have used an ember yet?
  • Deleted user 22 July 2013 11:23:41
    No I've killed the big fuckers outside, the non-respawning ones with the giant hammers whose legs you just roll through. It's the ones that line the path as you go down into the temple I haven't yet got past. Could go farming and buy lots of poison arrow and pick them off from a distance I suppose but long-term that's not a viable strategy.

I think my overall level is high enough to complete the game, I just worry that I've spread my upgrades out too thinly. No one single skill-set is particularly high level. I think I have endurance at 30 but then everything else ranges from 12 to 28.
  • Ironlungs76 22 Jul 2013 11:27:09 4,930 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Crystal Caves is another example of Dark Souls' shockingly bad level design, I'm afraid. Invisible walkways? GTFO.
    Yeah, that are exists to no other purpose other than to frustrate. Wait until you try to get the treasures that are dotted around that require navigating curving invisible pathways...

/shudders
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 11:27:25 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Capras only have four moves (overhead smash, two handed swing, one handed swing, two swings in succession) and all are easily dodged as they are hugely telegraphed. Basically as soon as it stops moving towards you it's going into an attack animation, make sure you're out of range and then get your hits in after the swing has missed and the demon is recovering.

• Deleted user 22 July 2013 11:29:55
    I can take the odd one or two of them, but where I died yesterday there were about 5/6 of them in a row.
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 11:31:05 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How are you attracting so many at once? Just get them to notice you one at a time and kite them away from the others.

• Deleted user 22 July 2013 11:37:49
    I'm not, it's just where they are.

I start at the Demon Ruins bonfire, run past the Eingyis, down the hill and to the right past all the lava and there's one by himself, but then the path continues and there are another 5 blocking my way.
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jul 2013 11:48:14 41,866 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, and you can draw them off one by one if you're careful. They do two animations as you approach. The first, a twitch and turn to face you, does not mean you've aggroed them. The second can be as harmless as them starting walking, but they will chase after you and attack from that point.

Try to hover at the bottom of the rockface stairs going into that passageway and get them to come to you one at a time.

• quadfather 22 Jul 2013 12:07:31 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you can't take two on at a time, you could poison arrow one of them and then wade in when it's almost dead

• quadfather 22 Jul 2013 12:08:46 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also, re boss souls - you need a specifically upgraded weapon in addition to the boss soul.

So take Quelaags soul. You'll need that and an upgraded scimitar (to +10) in order for the Furysword to be available to be made

Different unique weapons require different upgraded weapons

• Architect_z 22 Jul 2013 12:11:53 2,302 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Throw s*** at them. That normally grabs their attention.
  • Deleted user 22 July 2013 12:17:02
    Capras: Arrows to the head. That gets them. They just stand there and take it. I kill one in two shots with my upgraded bow and moonlight arrows.

Also, Darkwraiths in the lower level new londo ruins I always find backstabbing being the way to go. Watch out as one of their attacks has about 4 swings.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 12:17:59 22-07-2013

Edited by BillCityfingers at 12:18:25 22-07-2013
  • Widge Moderator 22 Jul 2013 12:28:32 12,599 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I seem to remember you can drop down to where the bonfire would be, bypassing all of them. Is that right?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deleted user 22 July 2013 12:35:46
    @Widge Yeah, easier if you take out maybe the first three (one up top and first two lower down), but you don't really have to. You can run and roll off and hey presto.
  • Architect_z 22 Jul 2013 13:00:08 2,302 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Question: The Avelyn has no stat scaling. I don't have any titanite slabs and few chunks. I have plenty of white slabs and chunks, aswell as red chunks and slabs.

If I was to modify the avelyn to a fire+10, could that be a stupid idea? The total damage output is higher than any other modification (by default, due to the non stat scaling).

Does it depend more on the ammo?

I'm a faith build if this helps.

Edited by Architect_z at 13:01:43 22-07-2013
  • Page

of 1190 First / Last