Dark Souls Page 832

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 16 Jul 2013 21:43:20 41,863 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lost my dex build save as well. Ragequit turning off of the console: not clever.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 16 July 2013 22:00:55
    I pussied out each time. Then I realised she was pretty easy!!
  • Dr_Mech 16 Jul 2013 23:43:14 940 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Be warned PvPing with a Mage of man who has cities for fingers!

There is one hard counter to all your magic shizwaz, Sir Havel of Rockington cosplayers.

Havel's greatshield combined with Great Magic barrier = fuck all magic damage and this will affect your enchanted sword to. With the amount of poise they have, expect them to just stroll up to you while you're casting and layeth the smacketh down on your candy ass with that big old dragontooth.

Also highly nimble guys who dodge like pros, the be bastards for casters especially if they can use the terrain to their advantage.

Now non-havel tanks aren't going to be a problem though.
  • GuiltySpark 17 Jul 2013 00:59:00 6,279 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Widge wrote:I understand that a PC *could* do lots more, but that is losing the essence of the game.
    I honestly don't understand this comment. I'm aware it is a really good game, but improving on its flaws in no way loses the "essence" of a game.

No game is immune to criticism, no matter how good it is.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 17 July 2013 07:56:06
    @Dr_Mech ha ha. That's my fear. I've put all my eggs in the magic basket I don't really have a back up! Mind you I haven't met one yet. Just done new Londo ruins and found a few more cracked red eye orbs so back to AL I go...

The one thing with this setup is not being as powerful when I have to take the ring off as my other ring is favour and protection so had to take off my dragoncrest to fight the four kings. Still didn't last too long though...
  • Ironlungs76 17 Jul 2013 08:01:37 4,930 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As nice as the FAP ring is, I quickly found out that restricting characters to using it was a real pain in the arse, especially in PvE.

I'd advocate never using it and learning to use items/armour etc within your 'natural' stat restrictions so you can have more flexibility when it comes to ring selections over the entirety of the game.

But there again, I do roll an awful lot of characters just to PvP/PvE around the SL50 mark so heavy armour is rarely something I bother with at all.
  • PenguinJim 17 Jul 2013 08:58:25 5,450 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:

I think people were just pointing out how to fix the problems (use a controller, use DSFix) rather than arguing with you (out-of-the-box Dark Souls absolutely should be much better than it is in terms of graphical options, as has been mentioned millions of times before - well done you for noticing!), but as you've gone on to say that you were purposely starting an argument rather than looking for fixes to make playing the game more enjoyable, what else is there to say?
  • Deleted user 17 July 2013 09:01:49
    @Ironlungs76 I know... I'm used to having it on now. I knew at the time when I put it on I shouldn't have done. I had it on on a previous playthrough and actually made myself take it off as I really hate the restrictions, esp since I can't really survive without the dragoncrest ring on!

I'll take it off by the time I fight the centipede demon I think.
  • Dangerous_Dan 17 Jul 2013 13:16:22 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd advocate never using it and learning to use items/armour etc within your 'natural' stat restrictions so you can have more flexibility when it comes to ring selections over the entirety of the game.
    I second that, eh edit, third that. Once you put it on you just don't want to break it ever and so you restrict yourself heavily.

Right now I have a sorceress with bellowing ring, crown of dusk and DWGRing - she's fast and deadly in PvP with her black magic. Yes... I have turned to the dark side... again !

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 13:16:48 17-07-2013
  • WoodenSpoon 17 Jul 2013 13:27:27 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What kind of SL do I need to make the Smough/Ornstein fight fairly straight forward? Last time I played this a kind soul warped in and pretty much did the boss for me, this time I don't have any humanity.
  • Dr_Mech 17 Jul 2013 14:05:13 940 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I recommend everyone takes on O&S solo at least once just for the experience, nothing quite matched my triumph of beating it solo on my Soul Level 1 run character.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2013 14:36:19
    I was so close to beating them solo with my magicface. Ballsed it up and took the cheap option second time with Solaire. Next time dammit, next time.

Oh, question:
    I have a blue eye orb now. I want to do some venegeance invading. I tried using it in AL and it couldn't invade and it's been blacked out ever since, any reason why? Does it need to recharge?
  • LeoliansBro 17 Jul 2013 14:43:46 41,863 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Need to be human?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 17 July 2013 14:50:30
    As far as I know you don't need to be human to use it, but I am human anyway.

I used it and it searched for a world to invade before saying it couldn't find one. Ever since then I can't use it. The "Use Item" bit is crossed out in my inventory and if I have it in my quick items it's dark.

Hmph.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2013 15:04:59
    Ha ha. Not in this playthrough!
  • Deleted user 17 July 2013 15:15:41
    So I have about 4/5 boss-specific golden souls. Where exactly do I trade these in for awesome weapons?
  • GuiltySpark 17 Jul 2013 15:21:53 6,279 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:

but as you've gone on to say that you were purposely starting an argument rather than looking for fixes to make playing the game more enjoyable, what else is there to say?
    I don't remember saying that at all! Whilst some people did suggest the fixes (cheers for that!), "fixing" a game that I've just bought isn't really acceptable, is it?

Some of the comments about the lazy barebones port being moot because the game is awesome kind of borders of Nintendo fan levels of crazy.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 17 July 2013 15:26:47
    Aaah. Apparently I need to find the giant blacksmith in AL.
  • azurelas_2 17 Jul 2013 15:35:22 1,095 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @HairyArse The Giant blacksmith in Anor Londo.
  • Dangerous_Dan 17 Jul 2013 15:47:59 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @BillCityfingers Are you in an area where you can invade? I mean, for example you can't invade at the Firelink Shrine or in the tower where Andre the blacksmith has his shop.
    And you are in the covenant, right?
  • Deleted user 17 July 2013 16:05:15
    @Dangerous_Dan Yeah. I was standing in AL just out on the walkway leading up to the cathedral.

Now I'm starting to doubt I actually tried there after the very first time. Hmmm you know what you may be on to something there.

Will check again later in case I really am that stupid.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2013 16:06:08
    @HairyArse Yeah he can do it. Get the furysword, it's awesome.
  • Dangerous_Dan 17 Jul 2013 16:29:04 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @BillCityfingers
    It's not always that obvious - If you have never seen the fog gates, which appear in a particular area, during an invasion, then there is no way of knowing for sure if a certain place is a safe zone or not.

Well, actually there is, one can try to place his own summon sign to see if it's invadable but you know what I mean.

*quits the rambling*

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 16:31:24 17-07-2013
  • BTBAM 17 Jul 2013 16:38:19 1,515 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ordered this yesterday and it's in my post box as I get home from work! Do I start now or wait until summer holidays next week? I'm very much a casual gamer who loves easy RPGs and turns the difficulty down to easy on almost every game I play. Fancied a challenge. Can I start a game for a few hours or will I regret it and find it hard to get back into after?
  • oldschoolsoviet 17 Jul 2013 16:45:48 5,413 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's probably your best bet: to play for an hour or two, find your feet, then scrap it and start a new character with a bit of knowledge.

Assuming you make it through the first few hours......

/evil chuckle
  • AcidSnake 17 Jul 2013 16:56:40 7,138 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BTBAM:
    Also, when you get to the first real new area be sure to go right, not left...

That mistake cost me about an hour before I realised it was wrong... :)

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Page

of 1190 First / Last