Dark Souls Page 828

• Page

of 1196 First / Last

• Architect_z 11 Jul 2013 08:49:06 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @zoranzelenika

Is this your first playthrough? At level 70, you should almost be overpowered for O+S, your equipment is easily good enough to take em down too.
    If you wanna further upgrade though, very large ember is hard to find, deep into New Londo ruins
  • Deleted user 11 July 2013 08:58:19
    So I've left my big hitting zwei maniac in AL for now and started a pyro class and a sorcerer class. My aim is to take one of these guys up for PvP. Any tips for what class I should focus on and how I should go about it?
  • zoranzelenika 11 Jul 2013 09:39:59 30 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Architect_z

Yeah, my first playthrough so I'm taking it really slowly, soaking up the scenery and clearing levels in depth. I'll summon Solaire then give it a go against those two soon enough.
  • Architect_z 11 Jul 2013 09:57:17 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    zoranzelenika wrote:
    @Architect_z

Yeah, my first playthrough so I'm taking it really slowly, soaking up the scenery and clearing levels in depth. I'll summon Solaire then give it a go against those two soon enough.
    I was the same on my first go. By the end I coud kill alot of things in one or two hits.
    Good luck anyway. If you need any help, we're always happy to assist.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2013 10:05:25
    @zoranzelenika Me too. I went and cleared Darkroot Garden and Basin and was about 60-70 by the time I did O+S and they weren't too bad.
  • ProfessorLesser 11 Jul 2013 10:27:23 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    So I've left my big hitting zwei maniac in AL for now and started a pyro class and a sorcerer class. My aim is to take one of these guys up for PvP. Any tips for what class I should focus on and how I should go about it?
    I find pyro spells much easier to connect in PvP. If you want to cast against invaders, I'd say stick with the hand axe - does sizeable damage and is quick to whip out and swing if they decide to start rolling around your fireballs. I've hacked one guy to death with a full bar of stamina as he just stood there after coming out of a roll!

The reality is casting just doesn't work that well for PvP. But it can be a useful side-arm.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2013 10:43:54
    So maybe stick with the pyro?
  • ProfessorLesser 11 Jul 2013 10:53:40 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pyro is kinda stupid on its own as it doesn't scale with anything except souls spent on the glove. I'd hammer the INT and have fun with a caster class, but you'll need an enchanted weapon you like to fall back on. Sorcery is most useful for PvE, or at least that's what I've found. Miracles may be different, I haven't touched them.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2013 11:11:23
    Right, I'll do that. Am I correct in saying that dex increases cast rate?
  • ProfessorLesser 11 Jul 2013 11:27:06 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have heard that yeah, but unfortunately only quite late into my game!
  • quadfather 11 Jul 2013 11:28:05 11,874 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes, up to 45 Dex.

I *think* that the pyro glove scales with int possibly, but only when it's ascended and gone to +5

That could all be bollocks, but I'm sure someone mentioned something about this once, eons ago

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• LeoliansBro 11 Jul 2013 11:31:47 43,304 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pyro doesn't scale with anything. And with regards to miracles, Oolacile (I think) catalyst makes them scale with int rather than faith so you never need to build your faith stat for that reason.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Dangerous_Dan 11 Jul 2013 11:34:57 2,380 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I *think* that the pyro glove scales with int possibly, but only when it's ascended and gone to +5
    The pyromancy damage itself does not scale with intelligence.
    Pyromancy + dexterity + health and endurance is a very strong build.
  • ProfessorLesser 11 Jul 2013 11:35:11 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do you mean Velka's Talisman?
  • quadfather 11 Jul 2013 11:36:30 11,874 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ah, but -

Notes

In comparison to Sorcery, Pyromancies has shorter range and slower casting speed. However, many Pyromancy Spells have a large area of effect and deal residual damage. Pyromancy also has several unique utility Spells. These Spells boast a wide range of effects that cannot be found in Sorcery, such as inflicting status ailments and transforming enemies into allies.
    It takes 149,500 souls to upgrade the first path (Pyromancy Flame+15) and another 191,000 for the 2nd path ("Ascended" Pyromancy Flame+5)
    It takes 340,500 souls to fully upgrade all 21 levels of the Pyromancy Flame. For comparison's sake, this is enough souls to gain 55 Soul Levels (starting at SL 1).
    Although the Pyromancy Flame has INT scaling, this scaling does not affect the Flame's MagAdjust (which governs the damage spells inflict). The INT scaling is only for the strong attack's Fire damage. The only way to increase the MagAdjust is by upgrading the Flame.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• ProfessorLesser 11 Jul 2013 11:36:31 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Actually the confusion is that Pyro glove melee damage scales with INT. But if you ever punch someone with your pyro glove, you're doing it wrong!
  • LeoliansBro 11 Jul 2013 11:40:17 43,304 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Do you mean Velka's Talisman?
    Yep.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 11 July 2013 12:28:29
    Christ. So really ignore all kinds of stat scaling for a pyromancer and focus on +ing the actual flame and spells? Meantime put into dex, end and health? Keep the axe as a melee weapon?
  • Dangerous_Dan 11 Jul 2013 12:35:14 2,380 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Christ. So really ignore all kinds of stat scaling for a pyromancer and focus on +ing the actual flame and spells? Meantime put into dex, end and health? Keep the axe as a melee weapon?
    Hm, depends what you want to use. If you want to make a strong pyromancer then you should up dexterity to at least 40, the rest into health, endurance and the glove upgrades (very expensive).

Eventually you should use a dex scaling weapon and go the normal upgrade route.

Weapons to use - Balder Side Sword, Uchigatana, Iaito, Falchion, daggers, normal bows,...

To increase the pyro damage even more I'd use the crown of dusk and the bellowing dragoncrest ring.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 12:36:55 11-07-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 11 Jul 2013 12:38:29 2,380 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can even make a powerful mage out of him with just 16 intelligence and the oolacile catalyst. The Dark Beads spell is very, very powerful at close range, in combination with the ring and the crown.
  • ProfessorLesser 11 Jul 2013 12:56:46 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got the +5 ascended flame and it's a beauty. Never found the crown but bellowing ring boosts it nicely. Bit of a glass canon though, as I went for 50 INT instead of vit/end/dex.
  • Architect_z 11 Jul 2013 13:15:45 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I kind of hope they get rid of pyromancy for Dark Souls 2. To me it was overpowered and as it ddnt scale with anything it meant that someone could build an incredible class and have the pyro glove.

If they don't get rid of it, I hope there is a stat you have to use to scale it,
  • Rajin 11 Jul 2013 13:33:02 619 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z

Yes, pyromancy is a bit overpowered in the early and later stages(when you have it at +7-10 for andor londo it is fine balance)

Finally seeing the beauty in the heavy/jump attack with the scythe. Killed someone with a far higher soul level simply by doing the attack and then retreating.
  • ProfessorLesser 11 Jul 2013 14:00:18 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I kind of hope they get rid of pyromancy for Dark Souls 2. To me it was overpowered and as it ddnt scale with anything it meant that someone could build an incredible class and have the pyro glove.

If they don't get rid of it, I hope there is a stat you have to use to scale it,
    It definitely hurts the PvP balance, but I think it works for PvE pretty well. In the early game your pyro stock is very restricted - there weren't many bosses in the first half I could completely pyro my way through.

It would be nice to see it scale though. Maybe as some product of end/att/int, rather than any straight stat.
  • Architect_z 11 Jul 2013 15:25:35 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeh I don't mind pyromancy as part of something, like in Demon's it was a spell (and seems that way in Dark Souls 2 possibly - looking at the gameplay video).

In Dark Souls it just meant that any old moron with a enough souls could become a master of fire based attacks. Which is kinda sucky if you're like me and made a pure faith class. lol
  • Dr_Mech 11 Jul 2013 23:58:58 1,009 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:

It has been pretty much confirmed that Pyromancy is now rolled into the Sorcery label.

There is a lore reason for this, since Dark souls II is a prequel, set however many years before the original game this means it takes place between Gwyn sacrificing himself for the bonfires and the Bed of Chaos incident (nobody is quite sure which comes first though) since the Fire sorceries were lost in the Bed of Chaos incident and became the pyromancies of Dark Souls.
  • SlackMaster 12 Jul 2013 11:13:22 3,132 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I accidentally fed my ninja pants to that snake thing just off of Firelink shrine... :.( Is there anyway of getting this back?

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• Deleted user 12 July 2013 11:19:18
    Whooo, finally got to Anor Londo.
  • Page

of 1196 First / Last