Dark Souls Page 825

• Page

of 1210 First / Last

• Architect_z 5 Jul 2013 11:45:53 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    With 50 int, I would have personally gone for enchanted modifying, that means the Balder Sword would scale with your intellegence stat. ^_^
  • quadfather 5 Jul 2013 11:52:37 12,869 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• LeoliansBro 5 Jul 2013 11:56:15 44,506 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can have my BSS if you want it qf, it's just gathering dust...

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• ProfessorLesser 5 Jul 2013 12:05:26 19,358 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    With 50 int, I would have personally gone for enchanted modifying, that means the Balder Sword would scale with your intellegence stat. ^_^
    Well yeah, but I already have three enchanted weapons.
  • LeoliansBro 5 Jul 2013 12:12:48 44,506 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does Gwyn bleed?

• Architect_z 5 Jul 2013 12:28:00 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He aint got time to bleed!
  • Architect_z 5 Jul 2013 12:29:03 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather , just take comfort in the fact that only fags use the B.S.S.

Real men use clubs!!!
  • SomaticSense 5 Jul 2013 12:32:16 8,691 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think we should all have a whip round to gather all our spare BSSs for Quad.

It'll have the added benefit of clearing out a ton of space for our Bottomless Boxes as well. Personally I'm getting sick of scrolling through a bunch of identical swords.

A Quad In Need
  • quadfather 5 Jul 2013 12:33:18 12,869 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    heh

• SlackMaster 5 Jul 2013 12:48:40 3,134 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ProfessorLesser Where do you pick up the Balder Side Sword? I farm and kill the Baldur knights in the undead parish quite often to get tranite and souls, and I've only ever got a rapier from them or baldur armor parts.
  • quadfather 5 Jul 2013 12:49:45 12,869 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SlackMaster - tell me about it :)

It's either the sword wielding balder knights in the parish, or the two near the top of sens

• SlackMaster 5 Jul 2013 12:57:57 3,134 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'me moving on in Sen's fortress now, and managed to save Big Hat Logan so have access to some more powerful magic, although they are very expensive... 40,000 for the soul spear! :s

Picked up soul mass last night but lost about 14,000 souls by getting eaten by a mimic chest... the bastardo!!! It was one one at the bottom of the second rolling boulder slope.

Going to play a bit more tonight to farm for green tranite and souls for some more spells. Any good areas to farm for souls?

I tried the dark root forest and get my arse handed to me, but am ok killing a few drakes in the valley of the drakes for 1000 souls a piece.
  • LeoliansBro 5 Jul 2013 13:01:31 44,506 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Soul farming - you're not going to beat Darkroot Garden through the Artorias gate.

• Architect_z 5 Jul 2013 13:07:47 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd say the best way to get souls is to do co-op on the bosses, Other than that, running and killing everything in the darkroot will get you atleast 10's of thousands. If you kill all trees, stone giants, NPC's.
  • SlackMaster 5 Jul 2013 13:17:10 3,134 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @LeoliansBro I was watching Mike, on cinemassacre, farming for souls in the darkroot forest area, and he was just down the side of the steps by the Artorias door holding his shield up and all the forest guardians were just runnign up the stairs then jumping down and falling off the cliff.

I have the prepare to die edition on the ps3 and I haven't been able to repicate that.
  • oldschoolsoviet 5 Jul 2013 13:25:46 5,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @SlackMaster

That's funny, because it was supposed to have been patched out, but it still occurred for me (thankfully) in a bravado moment of stupidity (thought I was still in covenant). PTD edition too, so I'd guess the AI pathing has a possibility that it'll still happen, but not a certainty as before.

Me ? Farming AL, parrying Silver Knights, flambe the two Sentinels, about 11k and Titanite chunks with the Gold Serpent ring, along with O&S summons mixed in.
  • Deleted user 5 July 2013 13:59:46
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:

Me ? Farming AL, parrying Silver Knights, flambe the two Sentinels, about 11k and Titanite chunks with the Gold Serpent ring, along with O&S summons mixed in.
    Me too, after beating O+S, spawing at that bonfire and doing a run for the royal sentinels and the knight got me about 7000 every few mins plus chunks with the ring. Excellent spot.

@SlackMaster That's once you get to that bit of course.

Personally I'm off to do some farming of Forest Hunters before I join the Forest Hunters so I can meet thingy in stinkville and buy a demon machete. Yessir. That's my plan.

Also. I have the Dragon Greatsword from Ash Lake. Need 50 str to wield the bloody thing and it doesn't scale so... Is it actually worth using?
  • LeoliansBro 5 Jul 2013 14:46:24 44,506 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @SlackMaster

The main problem with this approach to the Darkroot Garden is that you need to MAN THE FUCK UP. Get stuck in, if you can't fight and win against these pussies then an exploit will not make your willy one atom larger. Go hit the mage twat to death with your Zweihander, let the invisible thief dance all he likes in front of you before blanging off your shield (at which point you may proceed to hit him to death with your Zweihander). The cleric doesn't like taking damage, he will pray to his Gods for relief after a couple of hits, at which point you can hit him to death with your Zweihander. The Bandit Barbarian Bastard is a little more tricky. Wait for him to make his move and miss, and while he's recovering be sure to be two-handed when you hit him to death with your Zweihander.

I assume you've dealt with the two knights and the girly archer? If not I have a seven word strategy for them too.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 14:47:21 05-07-2013

• SlackMaster 5 Jul 2013 15:12:17 3,134 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet Are you talking about the path towards the Moonlight Butterfly or the area of the forest with the guardians?
  • SomaticSense 5 Jul 2013 16:25:44 8,691 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Am I the only one who gets that annoying Dolmio ad in my head whenever the game gives you a Titanite Chaaaaank?

It drives me crazy.
  • quadfather 5 Jul 2013 17:41:11 12,869 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @LeoliansBro - you've made me relive the zweihander again - thanks for that :)

• Widge Moderator 5 Jul 2013 18:39:59 13,698 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Architect_z Also co-op runs are a bit more fun too, if you're not in the mentality for an OCD circuit of an area repeatedly.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• ProfessorLesser 5 Jul 2013 18:53:17 19,358 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I waited for about 45 minutes to get a co-op go of Artorias in last night, with no successful summons/summonings whatsoever :(
  • Widge Moderator 5 Jul 2013 19:15:55 13,698 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    I waited for about 45 minutes to get a co-op go of Artorias in last night, with no successful summons/summonings whatsoever :(
    Hard place to get summons as people with bodies there tend to get set upon by other players being summoned to take them on.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• ProfessorLesser 5 Jul 2013 19:28:39 19,358 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    playing PC version :(

EDIT: There were plenty of summon signs coming and going...

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 19:29:04 05-07-2013
  • Rajin 5 Jul 2013 19:47:15 631 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Goodfella

Yes another reason i went back to PS3, that and hackers.

@proffessorlesser

Could help you with artorias next week if you'd want or if you're still not past him by that time.

Edited by Rajin at 19:48:31 05-07-2013
  • oldschoolsoviet 6 Jul 2013 00:25:56 5,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @SlackMaster

Regarding farming ? I'm talking Anor Londooooooooooo ! My bestest, favouritest place evah. That's yet to come for you if you're still in the Gardens.

What level are you ? 55 myself, so anything around 35+ and I could, by the slimmest of margins, be of possible help.
    Need to balance the karma after a day of invading, and trying to re-introduce some BP etiquette.....

/bows, drops one Humanity, backs away

/host eyes shiftily, quickly grabs drop, backs away, realisation

/two complimentary bows, then RUMBLE !
  • zoranzelenika 7 Jul 2013 11:41:18 30 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sif was simpler then expected and I've done him first try.
    Didn't explore down there much further, i'll get back to it eventually.

Then I've farmed that single black knight on the roof of Sen's fortress for at least 20 large titanite shards - upgraded my Wanderer gear then hit Anor londo.Got into some church infested with medic-ninja's and then my curiosity got the better of me so now I'm stuck inside a painting with seemingly no way out.

Why oh why did I have to poke?
  • Page

of 1210 First / Last