Dark Souls Page 824

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 4 Jul 2013 10:37:59 41,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there a beard option in the character build?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 4 July 2013 10:40:20
    I thought the Firesage was easy but then again it all went by in a bit of a blur.

Finding different bosses hard this time through. Actually struggled with the gargoyles this time wheras the other char I had I got them first time easy. Actually needed another two folk this time and all three of us had a pretty hard time with them.
  • Buztafen 4 Jul 2013 10:40:25 15,957 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Someone email From to include this option in DS2.

Beards should come with a stat bonus.
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Jul 2013 10:59:50 16,236 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I always found I had to do a running jump with Taurus to then be able to use the plunge attack. I also once tried the go left and then right thing and he whacked me off the side, right where the crack in the wall is.

You are a factory of sadness.

• SlackMaster 4 Jul 2013 11:15:57 3,132 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep I've rang the second bell of awakening and just killed off the Hydra in dark root basin. I've tried the revisit to the undead asylum and wonder around most of it but cannot kill the boss in that area as it's fire attack kills me almost instantly.

I knocked that on the head for now and then tried the dark root rorest but incorrectly answered the questions of that cat thing so didn't join the covenant.

I can wonder back to complete those areas later but now have been trying to make my way through sens fortress. Dropped into the pit and killed all those statue demon things but when I climb out of the pit, and push on I always get killed by serpent men.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• Mr_Sleep 4 Jul 2013 11:30:18 16,236 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Which boss are you talking about? Is it the Drake dragon? In regards of him, you have to wait for him to come down from his perch, which he does if you wait by the stairs and hide behind the wall on the right. You can then run past him. He's a bugger to kill though, I've never quite got the hang of it. He's not a boss really, you can avoid killing him if you want.

Don't worry too much about the cat, that covenant is so that you can work to protect the garden from invaders.

Sen's is the right direction, Sen's is my favourite part of the game, first time through is epic. Really reminds me of Knightmare. It's a tough job though, good luck. It's also a maze of sorts and you have to open up certain areas to progress. There's also a number of traps. In regards of the serpent men, they are very susceptible to back stabbing because they are slow so try and circle them and get the backstabs in. If you're having problems with the one on the bridge then you can keep circling him until he falls off. Oh and also, there is a bonfire at the top, if you want to know where when you get there then ask.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 11:32:22 04-07-2013

• LeoliansBro 4 Jul 2013 11:31:22 41,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Stray Demon is a real pain, just stay behind him (you can run through his legs). If he's backed into a corner you're fucked.

Can you summon in the Asylum? If so I've always thought the best way to kill him was to have someone fall down and then your summons do plunging attacks on him when he walks under the hole.

• SlackMaster 4 Jul 2013 11:38:01 3,132 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @LeoliansBro Yeah, I think it's the Stray Demon... he's a tougher version of the first Asylum boss.

The fire attack he does usually either kills me or takes off a huge chunk of health. I tried using that pyromancer spell to protect against fire but I still have a lot of trouble with him.

• SlackMaster 4 Jul 2013 11:44:19 3,132 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep Not got to a boss in sen's yet. I generally get to the bit with that rolling bolder's, then about halfway up in a small room get rushed by a lizard man with no space to fight. This usually kills me.

• LeoliansBro 4 Jul 2013 11:44:53 41,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you stay in and around his legs he's much more likely to take off and go for the buttslam. bes advice I can offer, sorry.

• Mr_Sleep 4 Jul 2013 11:46:13 16,236 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, sorry, I misread. Yeah, he's a bugger to kill. I found the up close and personal is the main way of dealing with him but he is always one of the harder fights imo. Especially as the drop causes a loss in health straight away. One might want to consider two handing against him too.

• Mr_Sleep 4 Jul 2013 11:50:14 16,236 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep Not got to a boss in sen's yet. I generally get to the bit with that rolling bolder's, then about halfway up in a small room get rushed by a lizard man with no space to fight. This usually kills me.
    Is that directly after a pressure pad that shoots you in the back if you don't avoid the arrows?

• SlackMaster 4 Jul 2013 12:28:19 3,132 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep Yeah that bit. I've talked to the fat knight guy then headed up the bolder area.

I think I've missed a bit out as I have heard there is a magic wall when you exit the pit that has a ladder that leads to the roof and the stone giant.

• JonFE 4 Jul 2013 12:48:47 1,384 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @SlackMaster

The shortcut in Sen's Fortress is an elevator that's enabled near the Iron Giant (meaning that you must first reach the top) and takes you from there to the very first narrow path with the swinging blades and the serpent. You will also need the cage key.
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Jul 2013 12:51:56 16,236 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep Yeah that bit. I've talked to the fat knight guy then headed up the bolder area.

I think I've missed a bit out as I have heard there is a magic wall when you exit the pit that has a ladder that leads to the roof and the stone giant.
    As I say, backstab will be your friend against them. You're probably best off using a reasonably fast weapon against them too. What shield are you using?

That particular stone giant is not necessary to vanquish, so don't worry too much about missing that one.

• -Eks 4 Jul 2013 13:04:09 60 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    In the Catacombs, what a fun place. Divine BSS is the future. Love my bow, poison dudes that throw fire and wait till they drop then move on slowly.

Found a wall with 'treasure' message next to it, I was playing offline so I assume it was a developer one...I ignored it, I don't trust them after everything I've seen so far!
  • Deleted user 4 July 2013 13:15:18
    @-Eks it is yes, don't ignore it it speaks the truth :-)
  • Rajin 4 Jul 2013 16:47:20 580 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought the DLC for my ps3 version(bought the pc edition for improved framerate and earlier acces to dlc)

Left the pc community because of excessive hacking that goes beyond immortality(stat draining of my character, permanently throwing me in the abyss to name two example's)

I know which edition i will buy when Dark souls 2 arrives...

What's everyone opinion on the gargoyle halberd and scythe? Both seem like incredibly powerfull weapons.
  • LeoliansBro 4 Jul 2013 16:53:01 41,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gargoyle Halberd was mentioned earlier in this thread as a great candidate for a fire / lightning weapon, as it has a relatively high base damage and doesn't scale well. The R1 attack is particularly useful for killing the giant sentinels in AL as it comes in at an angle guaranteed to be over their shield, and if you do a follow on attack they'll have stood up and often as not it catches their legs.

Scythe I've never used.

• ProfessorLesser 4 Jul 2013 17:01:14 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Going back to a discussion I missed... I actually have at least 7 attunement slots! For a pyro/int build the extra slots give me some room to carry chaos pyros and still have a decent spell stock for cutting through frustrating mobs.

It also seemed important early on, because the pyro stock is quite limited, and my melee sucked, so I figured I'd be needing those attunement slots just to make it between bonfires. In retrospect 6 would have been a better number, but it is pretty fun to have 4 CSS and 8 SS spells to chuck at invaders/demons if I lose my footing in meleee :) Homing soulmasses stop things leaping out at me in ToG as well!
  • Deleted user 4 July 2013 17:33:31
    @Rajin I used a great scythe to do from AL to the end of the game. Can't comment more than it is immense.
  • ProfessorLesser 4 Jul 2013 17:38:40 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nobody else loves the hand axe like me :(
  • matrim83 4 Jul 2013 18:21:18 5,585 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Sadly no. I really wanted to do a dwarf playthrough. Heavy armor, Big axe, Short guy with beard. There are even a couple of armors that would go nicely with that. But character customization is pretty bare bones.

I guess it makes sense since height would also affect PvP.

Doing a Legolas playthrough is pretty viable though. :p

Edited by matrim83 at 18:22:04 04-07-2013

Valar morghulis.

• zoranzelenika 4 Jul 2013 19:02:32 30 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    That third section of Darkroot Garden with the talking cat is souls farming paradise.
    Those guys before her are simple enough to kill once you work out their styles and locations and two runs earn me a soul level. Easy money.
  • ProfessorLesser 4 Jul 2013 20:30:24 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just upgraded my Balder Side Sword to +5 Chaos and my Great Scythe to +5 Enchanted.

Scythe seems very worth it... feel like I just wasted a slab on chaos BSS though :/
  • Deleted user 4 July 2013 20:47:33
    OW! Ash Lake is NOT as easy as I thought it would be. That Hydra is tough man... And how many HPs do the big mushroom pricks have? A million? Oh god I just want out of here.

I think I came in FAR too early. As usual, Dark Souls punishes the over confident.
  • Rajin 5 Jul 2013 00:07:51 580 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    scythe is +5 now, love the run attack and heavy, but the weak attack leaves something to be desired
  • Architect_z 5 Jul 2013 08:03:43 2,301 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ProfessorLesser - Depends on your build, if you're a dex build, it should have been made into +15 ideally due to the stat scaling.

If you're not though, chaos or lightning would have been the way I would have modified it.

Although my occult balder side sword +5 was a beast with my faith class.
  • ProfessorLesser 5 Jul 2013 09:41:14 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have 50 int and very low str/dex, I've no need for +15 anything. Just disappointed in the chaos line really, nothing seems to beat the furysword.
  • quadfather 5 Jul 2013 09:46:21 10,547 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    hm, that's odd, because a fully upgraded chaos shotel should piss over the furysword

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Page

of 1190 First / Last