Dark Souls Page 820

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 30 Jun 2013 12:35:22 16,977 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Also, there's a hidden bonfire right by the entrance on the left. Well worth it as that area is great for grinding if you need to.

You are a factory of sadness.

• ProfessorLesser 30 Jun 2013 13:57:31 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Imminent illusory wall
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 14:19:20
    Yeah. I spent an hour farming for souls earlier. Got those guys nailed no problem but can't get past the giant rats or the Grey Wolf boss.
  • zoranzelenika 30 Jun 2013 14:50:20 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Goodbye Queelag and goodbye Blighttown, it hasn't been a pleasure.

Special mention goes to those dweebs with blowdarts - hope you choke on them.
    Now off to Sen's fortress - I already know it'll be a challenge but at least I won't be getting poisoned from weird angles by near invisible sack-men.

Anything of interest in Demon ruins below Queelag's living room?
    Might pop back there later.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 14:53:09
    zoranzelenika wrote:

Anything of interest in Demon ruins below Queelag's living room?
    Might pop back there later.
    Uh, I would pop by there MUCH later...
  • zoranzelenika 30 Jun 2013 14:56:21 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    :) Got it.
  • PenguinJim 30 Jun 2013 15:24:32 5,837 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I'd go down there now! Even those big bastards are easy enough (and haven't they even been nerfed since 1.00?). The thing I seem to remember killing me on my first jaunt down there was thinking I could cheese it through the lava to grab that item. Nope. I need a ring that is massively resistant to burning (which I have in real life, coincidentally enough).

Edited by PenguinJim at 15:30:09 30-06-2013
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 15:28:18
    Goodfella wrote:
    I dunno, Ceaseless Discharge is a piece of cake at any level, if you know the trick. ;)
    That's true, there's a knack for it that means you don't get hit.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 15:40:01
    The hiding behind the rock like a girl and running out to hit his big limb trick?

That's what I did anyway.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 15:40:26 30-06-2013
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 15:54:36
    Oh. Ha ha just youtubed it. Didn't know about that! Damn. That is a useful trick.
  • zoranzelenika 30 Jun 2013 21:39:09 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sen was a sadistic bastard.
    That's all.

It'll take some learning this.
  • ProfessorLesser 30 Jun 2013 21:58:58 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pro tip: try despair.
  • -Eks 30 Jun 2013 22:09:25 60 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ****SPOILERS****

What do I do now I've got the Lordvessel from Anor Londo? I've been messing around for a few hours trying to get some Large Titanite Shards and I've totally forgot what I was doing...

Also, fuck Invaders. Especially those bastards that doubled up on me. I will actually beat (or y'know, hit one) a Invader one of these days!
  • ProfessorLesser 1 Jul 2013 00:23:03 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Once you've got the Lordvessel, you CAN give it to Frampt back in Firelink Shrine to progress the story.

However, if you want to (covenant spoiler) join the Darkwraith Covenant, I suggest you get yourself to New Londo Ruins BEFORE speaking to Frampt!

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 00:23:21 01-07-2013
  • ProfessorLesser 1 Jul 2013 00:49:34 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bloody hell, either Nito and Sanctuary Guardian really hate fire, or the +5 ascended pyro glove is just brutal!
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 01:07:44
    -Eks wrote:
    ****SPOILERS****

What do I do now I've got the Lordvessel from Anor Londo? I've been messing around for a few hours trying to get some Large Titanite Shards and I've totally forgot what I was doing...

Also, fuck Invaders. Especially those bastards that doubled up on me. I will actually beat (or y'know, hit one) a Invader one of these days!
    Kingseeker frank at firelink will tell you.

But yes. Fuck invaders. I also pissed off about four covenants so every time I went human if it wasn't an invader it was a spirit of vengeance.

Needless to say they kicked my ass every time.
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 01:08:58
    I went to play battlefield and worms tonight. My hand still shakes as I pass over dark souls. Some pull that game has.
  • LeoliansBro 1 Jul 2013 08:09:57 43,829 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scored me a Black Knight Greataxe didn't I. Bloody hell that thing hits hard. +5 and it's giving my +15 Zwei a real run for its money.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Dr_Mech 1 Jul 2013 09:53:47 1,021 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    I went to play battlefield and worms tonight. My hand still shakes as I pass over dark souls. Some pull that game has.
    It whispers to you does it not? When you're alone and in the dark you hear the voice whispering, "play me..." rising from the dank corner of the room in which Dark Souls has made its home, twisting the enviroment to better suit itself. When you close your eyes images of Demons and Dragons sweep infront of them.

Dark Souls is not a game, it is an eldritch abomination that has manifested itself as a game one that requires pain and suffering to fully judge a mans worth but once judged worthy, no man can truly escape the grasp...

...or it is just a really good game with a difficulty curve that is at that sweet spot between trial and error and the cakewalk modern games have become.

Either option is good.
  • Architect_z 1 Jul 2013 15:14:40 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    (in PvP)

My new favourite weapon is Ornsteins Spear +5.

Its not greatly powerful, but its fun to use. I'm trying to master each weapon type for invasions.
    So far, Bladur Side Sword is king, Ricards Raper is pretty good.
    Crescent axe is bollocks, and pretty much everything else I own.

Ornstein Spear is decent (unless I make the stupid mistake of forgetting to 2hand it (as I dont have enougth strength to wield it)

Edited by Architect_z at 15:31:40 01-07-2013
  • Dr_Mech 1 Jul 2013 16:03:39 1,021 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spears in general make decent PvP weapons due to the shield poke ability and Ornsteins is great because it also has the option of a ranged attack if you 1 hand it. Though if you 2hand it the strong attack leaves you waaay to open for backstabs.
  • Architect_z 1 Jul 2013 16:57:35 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeh can only 2hand it unfortunatley, never use the R2 attack, just 2 handed poke and rolling uppercut. If they have very low HP, the back-step attack is quite handy.

I wish it scaled 'A' with faith though, it would make it more of a contender for a decent PvP weapon, but saying that, it is one of the best spears.

Not tried Silver knight spear yet though. Not for PvP anyway.
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 17:19:31
    @Dr_Mech I'm sure it's the former. A day off today so had a blast of battlefield and then it was almost like I blacked out. When I came to I had started a new dark souls character which I am about to confront the first boss with after having just obliterated undead burg with my old char in new game plus.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!

So... Going for a big hitting strength build now. Any tips?
  • Dr_Mech 1 Jul 2013 17:30:02 1,021 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Strength, vitality, endurance are your three key stats, make a run for the Zweihander in Firelink shrine and get your strength to 24 as quickly as possible to use it one handed, start out as the Bandit class for this reason.

Once you hit 24 in strength begin focusing on vitality and endurance, once they hit 20-25 move back to strength and bump it up to 40, then move back to vit/end and bump those up to 30. Switch weapons from Zweihander to Demon great Machete (if you're lucky Capra will drop one, if not ye can purchase it from Shiva once he moves to blighttown).
  • LeoliansBro 1 Jul 2013 17:40:13 43,829 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GDM underwhelmed me, not really any quicker to kill most enemies than the Zwei and the strong attack is so long in winding up you end up using the jump attack instead, which is less precise and riskier.

Also Havel's armour is the tits, I just wish it didn't make me look like such a penis.

• LeoliansBro 1 Jul 2013 17:57:03 43,829 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm in Havel's vest and trousers with MotC and wanderer gloves, can still fast roll with GDM or BKGA and shield.

• Page

of 1199 First / Last