Dark Souls Page 819

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• zoranzelenika 29 Jun 2013 11:44:32 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Fun, fun, fun...
    Finally departed from the Undead Parish, strolled through the Lower Undead Burg, killed the Capra demon in first try then off to the Depths. That first area was simple enough, didn't die once, lower area after the bonfire is also not that bad though I did get cursed by those moronic frogs. I was a bit casual, killing them with ease and laughing at what a stupid looking enemy they are and then up pops 'CURSED'. Ah you silly game, do you have a telepathic sense for when a player drops his guard? Managed to cure it though, then got the Pyromancy glove from the Conan at Firelink shrine and upgraded it to +4 so I can handle those frogs easier from a distance. i've killed that Kaptain Kirk and the silly priest on the balcony but I'm yet to tackle the Giant rat. He looks fierce and I'll rather wait a bit before I commit.

Is the boss in the Depths tough?
    I'm at soul level 40 and have a +6 Balder side sword that does 175\200 damage.
  • Dr_Mech 29 Jun 2013 11:50:10 1,021 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The boss of the depths is probably the 2nd easiest boss in the game.

Remember to cut off his tail if you're achievement hunting though.
  • zoranzelenika 29 Jun 2013 11:53:11 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sold!
    He's going down today and I'll be drinking mead in Blightown by sundown.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 12:19:13
    I seem to be incredibly powerful all of a sudden. I love this scythe! Stray demon, firesage and centipede demon all down in one sitting. Got enough strength for my dragonslayer bow too. At a dilemma though. I have that, black bow of pharis and a darkmoon bow. What should I be upgrading? Izalith looks awesome. I'm going to kill everything I see.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 12:47:18
    I've maxed my dex at 40 so that sounds good! I'll upgrade it a bit. Think I should really put into vitality now but don't seem to need it. Using spider shield too which I like.

I started dark souls on the 1st of June. I'm going to finish it before July damnit!
  • Dr_Mech 29 Jun 2013 14:31:16 1,021 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    I seem to be incredibly powerful all of a sudden. I love this scythe! Stray demon, firesage and centipede demon all down in one sitting. Got enough strength for my dragonslayer bow too. At a dilemma though. I have that, black bow of pharis and a darkmoon bow. What should I be upgrading? Izalith looks awesome. I'm going to kill everything I see.
    Word of warning..this WILL come back to bite you in the arse. You know those giant monsters that are just legs? Yeah they can one shot you pretty easily.

It really is advisable to take a path around them (just follow the burnt branches you walk on and then make a dash across).

Oh and there is a secret bonfire in Izalith...where...not going to tell you muwahahaha!
  • matrim83 29 Jun 2013 15:26:55 5,587 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Ha ha ha ha. God... 4 Kings. That was awesome. I had put them off as was worried about them. My scythe took them out in four hits each. Got hit a few times but my iron armour absorbed most of it so lost little health. Shit. I feel like a badass.
    Apparently they are approximately 50 billion times harder on NG+, I'm heading there later, wish me luck.
    They are tough but not that tough. I did them a couple of times (both times on a SL 55 char). You will need power within though. Esp at lower levels.

Valar morghulis.

• matrim83 29 Jun 2013 15:38:57 5,587 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I was talking about NG+ too.

On NG they are a joke. Just stand there and whack away. On NG+ its actually a fight.

Valar morghulis.

• zoranzelenika 29 Jun 2013 16:03:22 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Tonked the Gaping Dragon, second attempt. He's easy but had more health then previous bosses. I guess it's Blightown now, no way around it. All mossed up and ready to go.

Also got the Rusted ring from the Undead Asylum, I'm just about good enough not to have problems with those Black knights however I have once fallen into the pit with the new area boss and got obliterated. Second bell, here I come.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 17:16:40
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Word of warning..this WILL come back to bite you in the arse. You know those giant monsters that are just legs? Yeah they can one shot you pretty easily.

It really is advisable to take a path around them (just follow the burnt branches you walk on and then make a dash across).

Oh and there is a secret bonfire in Izalith...where...not going to tell you muwahahaha!
    Found it! I'm in the habit of hitting every wall I come across now!

Avoided the big stomping arseholes and after four tries put the bed of chaos to, eh, bed.

Next stop, final lord soul, nito. In the tomb of the giants. I one shot the big boys so I'm just being careful not to get hit til I get my strike in as the scythe is quite slow.

Loving the upgraded pharis bow. Looking forward to slamming nito and moving on to the end game. This game has consumed me the last four weeks. Time to get it done!!!
  • ProfessorLesser 29 Jun 2013 17:42:50 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Damn, Bill is going to over-take me! Better have another crack at Nito later... but MTG2014 is pulling me in
  • zoranzelenika 29 Jun 2013 18:14:25 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Blightown is a bit shit isn't it?
    I've really hit a wall here, dying a lot, trying to remember the area as much as possible.
    Also the game runs very poorly in some areas.

Ah, well.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 19:25:02
    zoranzelenika wrote:
    Blightown is a bit shit isn't it?
    I've really hit a wall here, dying a lot, trying to remember the area as much as possible.
    Also the game runs very poorly in some areas.

Ah, well.
    Yeah. Not the best there. Once done you never really need to go through the place again much so it's worth just firing through!
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 19:51:53
    @BillCityfingers oi slow coach, you done tomb of giants yet?
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 21:25:31
    @Choppi ha ha. Yeah. Nito on the second attempt. Didn't like my big flaming scythe.

Kiln now. Presume this is the last area...
  • -Eks 29 Jun 2013 21:53:06 60 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Haha! Back in Anor Londo, much better prepared than my last attempt. Time for another showdown with the Chuckle Brothers me thinks. I may have better weapons but the outcome will probably be the same...lots and lots of death.

Need to find this Lautrec dude too, he fucked my shit up and according to google he will be around somewhere...
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 22:05:23
    It... It's done. I only ever dreamt of this moment. It's, it's over.

And lo, June 2013 shall hereby been known as the dark month of souls. The month where I lost 70 hours of my life.

What a fucking game! Jesus. Top fucking notch!!!!!

I wouldn't have done it without you guys :-D
  • -Eks 29 Jun 2013 22:16:27 60 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well done! I'll be joining you over that finish line sometime between now and when Dark Souls 2 is out. Hopefully....
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 09:41:34
    I'm clearly terrible at this game. Can't get to the bonfire at BlightTown without being poisoned. I've been farming for purple herbs at darkroot so will tackle it again later.

Also, opened up the soul door at darkroot and keep getting destroyed by all the ghost knights in there.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 09:47:32
    @Goodfella feels great! Well. I'm having a dark souls holiday now but then... Not sure whether to start again with a different build or carry on with ng+...?
  • ProfessorLesser 30 Jun 2013 09:52:42 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Also, opened up the soul door at darkroot and keep getting destroyed by all the ghost knights in there.
    It can be really hard in there, but it's a good opportunity to practice your 1-1. If you want to minimise encounters, hug the left cliff and you should only come up against a caster and an axe guy, both of which are relatively easy. You can lure then back to the stairs for some more strategic footing as well if needed!

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 09:53:11 30-06-2013
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 09:58:28
    Yeah that's I'm trying right now. At least if I die I can keep re-collecting my souls. Trying to isolate them 1 on 1 but keep getting outnumbered.
  • hunterMEGA 30 Jun 2013 10:13:12 10 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't be afraid to change your armour often to fit your surroundings, so in Blighttown, see if you have anything with more poison resist.
  • captainlk 30 Jun 2013 10:53:03 33 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @HairyArse you can fish one of them out without the others by giving him an arrow in the head from near the bottom of the stairs. Then he'll come to you and you can fight him on his own so long as you don't venture far from the stairs.
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last