Dark Souls Page 815

• Page

of 1195 First / Last

• Architect_z 27 Jun 2013 10:52:52 2,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My character isnt too happy getting to Artorias, let alone trying to homeward bone while being sworded every 3 seconds.
  • captainlk 27 Jun 2013 10:58:49 33 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I waste a lot of tea because of this game. For example

1. Die trying to beat O&S
    2. Make some tea
    3. Try again to beat O&S
    4. Tea is cold

I want it known though that I did eventually beat O&S on my own for the first time.
  • Dr_Mech 27 Jun 2013 11:07:05 1,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well that was intense, restarted my strength fisty build with the allowance of a shield this time and just bested Stray Demon using a +10 Caestus with 20 strength.

How humiliated would that demon be...beaten by someone basically using a knuckle duster...
  • Deleted user 27 June 2013 11:08:54
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Well that was intense, restarted my strength fisty build with the allowance of a shield this time and just bested Stray Demon using a +10 Caestus with 20 strength.

How humiliated would that demon be...beaten by someone basically using a knuckle duster...
    Damn I forgot all about going back to kill that big bag of poo. So you basically punched it to death?
  • Dr_Mech 27 Jun 2013 11:52:39 1,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Dr_Mech wrote:

Damn I forgot all about going back to kill that big bag of poo. So you basically punched it to death?
    Yup using this weapon because manliness...that's why *punches*

Just spent the last...nearly an hour punching the Hydra in Ash Lake to death as well, gots to get me those Dragon scales...

I found the claws to actually be pretty good if short ranged, decent for a dex build but the Caestus, it has even less range than the claws, no bleed and deals less damage with worse scaling.
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Jun 2013 11:56:05 16,852 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    -Eks wrote:
    I think I know which sword you mean. It awoke something very angry. Dumped it for the Balder sword for now, don't have the materials to upgrade it yet.
    Aye, that's the one, it has a lovely thrust attack but if you've found something better then more power to you. Keep it in mind for the catacombs though as it makes things much easier.
    I have no idea what sword you're talking about... subtle hint?
    I'm not sure one can be too subtle, however I'll try, if you get the master key at the start and take a journey down a lift and go right, there's a shortcut to a blighted area, however if you carry on to the left then you will find a sleeping but rather angry creature and there's a useful sword in front of it.

You are a factory of sadness.

• ProfessorLesser 27 Jun 2013 12:40:43 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are we talking about Astora's Straight Sword? Is that a divine weapon?
  • Deleted user 27 June 2013 12:41:45
    @Dr_Mech I just love that you're running around punching everything. Makes me feel a proper wimptard relying on a big spiky sword.
  • LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 12:42:31 43,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does divine damage but not a divine weapon as such.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Mr_Sleep 27 Jun 2013 12:52:05 16,852 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Indeed, it's a bit of a funny weapon in that regard. I do find it useful for a time though, it's a unique weapon in the same way as the silver knight sword and can only be upgraded to +5 iirc so it is of limited use in the long run.

• LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 12:55:30 43,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, here's a question. What weapon should I build into a fire weapon? Stat scaling is gone so it could be anything. Katana of some kind maybe (do they still cause bleeding?). Spear?

• Mr_Sleep 27 Jun 2013 12:56:50 16,852 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great scythe?

• ProfessorLesser 27 Jun 2013 12:58:34 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Haven't actually found a fire weapon that's better than +5 Quelaag's. I'm sure there is one though.
  • LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 12:59:53 43,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stacks with dex though, and I have the dexterity of the Himalayas.

• LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 13:00:20 43,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Great scythe?
    Oooooh.

• King_Edward 27 Jun 2013 13:05:10 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think a Fire Demon Great Axe gives the most damage per hit. Never used one though, so I have no idea about the move set/range.
  • zoranzelenika 27 Jun 2013 13:22:48 30 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hey guys, help a noobie out please.
    Is it worth farming for and then swapping the Drake sword with the Balder side sword?
    If it's the weapon of choice for melee dexterity characters then I better do it straight away right?
    Also can it be dropped in the Undead parish and how much humanity should I equip to have any chance of getting it? Is there any logic behind it or is it all just voodoo?
  • Dr_Mech 27 Jun 2013 13:32:41 1,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It does drop in Undead Parish but only off of three Knights there, if they're using a Rapier, you won't get the sword. I'd say it is worth it to swap out the Drake sword for the Side sword.

The side benefit of the low drop chance of the Side Sword is that the knights also drop Titanite Shards, you'll more than likely end up with enough to +5 the sword before you get it, if not all those souls you build up means you can usually just blow the 7200 souls to buy the 9 shards off of the Blacksmith.

For Humanity I'd say just stick to 1 (biggest increase from 0 to 150) but if you're really determined then pop as many humanity as you can (upto 10 Humanity which gives you the maximum item find you can get purely with humanity).

Now since the Knights not only drop the sword but titanite shards and pieces of armour along with the shield that the Side Sword using ones have (if it does drop, use it, best medium shield in the game), it means that the drop will still be kind of rare and you may farm upwards of 1 hour to get one if you're unlucky.

If you're really unlucky you can suffer the Quadfather Curse and have to spend several hours farming for one.
    In regards to best elemental weapons, Zweihander, +5 Fire (or Chaos Zweihander with 10 Humanity, even more damage) is a BEAST...of course you'll need a backup weapon since there is a boss that is completely immune to fire damage but thems the price you pay for Elemental weapons.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 13:37:01 27-06-2013
  • LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 13:36:32 43,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My Zwei is staying with me to +15. Greatsword?

• zoranzelenika 27 Jun 2013 13:36:33 30 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks a lot.
    Quadfather curse doesn't sound fun at all. ;D
  • quadfather 27 Jun 2013 13:40:40 11,864 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @quadfather none. That was a feeble attempt at humour...
    ok - get that light spell then before you go.

You haven't gone already have you? :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dr_Mech 27 Jun 2013 13:40:40 1,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm how much Strength does ye have?

If you've got 40 then a +5 Fire Demon Great Machette is bloody good, 372 physical and 372 Fire damage.

If not then I'd say the Greatsword since it'll do the same amount of damage as the Zwei would anyway but gives you the benefit of poke with good range on it, which is probably more useful than the slam of the Zwei.

zoranzelenika wrote:
    Thanks a lot.
    No Problem, just remember to donate any spare Balder Side Swords to the Quadfather sword fund, eventually we'll build him a Game of Thrones style Throne to sit on made entirely of them!

Edited by Dr_Mech at 13:45:30 27-06-2013
  • quadfather 27 Jun 2013 13:48:34 11,864 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    zoranzelenika wrote:
    Thanks a lot.
    No, it's fucking not, I can tell you :)

Far too much bss talk going on around here nowadays!

• quadfather 27 Jun 2013 13:48:50 11,864 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Hmm how much Strength does ye have?

If you've got 40 then a +5 Fire Demon Great Machette is bloody good, 372 physical and 372 Fire damage.

If not then I'd say the Greatsword since it'll do the same amount of damage as the Zwei would anyway but gives you the benefit of poke with good range on it, which is probably more useful than the slam of the Zwei.

zoranzelenika wrote:
    Thanks a lot.
    No Problem, just remember to donate any spare Balder Side Swords to the Quadfather sword fund, eventually we'll build him a Game of Thrones style Throne to sit on made entirely of them!
    glol

• LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 13:54:17 43,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have 40 str. Demon Great Machete it is, thanks.

• Deleted user 27 June 2013 13:55:32
    Can someone explain how humanity works please as I have no idea other than that I need it to Kindle.
  • Dr_Mech 27 Jun 2013 14:02:41 1,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right Humanity has many uses, you know the obvious ones, turning human and kindling flames.

Now there are two types of Humanity, 'hard humanity' which is the item form of it and 'soft humanity' which is what you see increase next to your health bar when you use hard humanity. You can also gain soft humanity by killing enemies in an area before the boss has been killed, the amount increases for each 1 humanity you recieve.

Soft Humanity increases your item find upto a maximum of 10 humanity (210 Item find) it also increases your defenses by a little and also increases your curse resistance by quite a bit, there isn't a cap on the defense increase IIRC apart from the cap of Soft Humanity itself.

Soft humanity is capped at 99.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 14:03:33 27-06-2013
  • Deleted user 27 June 2013 14:04:30
    Define item find?
  • Deleted user 27 June 2013 14:07:27
    Also, how the fuck does anyone figure this shit out in the first place?
  • Page

of 1195 First / Last