Dark Souls Page 814

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• ProfessorLesser 26 Jun 2013 19:44:44 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    I'd argue badly-designed locales with little or no clues as to available paths, but hey-ho.

:D
    To be fair, I think you didn't explore enough this time ;)

Equally though, I would never, ever have found my way back to Undead Asylum without a guide.
  • King_Edward 26 Jun 2013 19:51:54 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
  • Widge Moderator 26 Jun 2013 20:09:46 13,436 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just love those moment when you poke around and find somewhere new though! When I let myself down into the Depths, I'd been banging around the Burg for ages... I was like "WHAT".

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• matrim83 26 Jun 2013 20:24:12 5,587 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There are two more place you can go to from Firelink shrine aside from the three you found. One is a shortcut.

The other one, well.......

If you thought the New Londo bit was badly designed with no clues, you are gonna love the other one. :lol:

Valar morghulis.

• Deleted user 26 June 2013 20:26:48
    Oh I also know about the lift down to Firelink...
  • -Eks 26 Jun 2013 20:44:36 60 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ok, I started again (again) now I know what I'm doing.

Got fed up of Bert and Ernie in Anor Londo so I thought fuck it, lets start again. Going well so far and it's fun again, got me a Balder Side Sword which is kinda cool. Gonna go for a Faith/Dexterity build cos Occult weapons sound pretty sweet. Already finding places I never knew existed on my first run. Haha!
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Jun 2013 20:48:07 16,930 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Love it.

Oh and faith/dex is a good build to go for, I quite enjoyed it, you can also get going pretty quickly with a certain sword that you can get really early on if you took the master key at the start. If you want to know then ask, it'll make the catacombs much easier.

You are a factory of sadness.

• -Eks 26 Jun 2013 20:57:18 60 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think I know which sword you mean. It awoke something very angry. Dumped it for the Balder sword for now, don't have the materials to upgrade it yet.
  • Widge Moderator 26 Jun 2013 20:57:59 13,436 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    There are two more place you can go to from Firelink shrine aside from the three you found. One is a shortcut.

If you thought the New Londo bit was badly designed with no clues, you are gonna love the other one. :lol:
    That's where he was initially!

_ _ _

• Deleted user 26 June 2013 21:49:14
    I killed Dark Sun Gwyndolin, was that a good idea? I didn't mean to. I joined the covenant then thought I'd take a nose through the fog and she attacked me. Was self defense, honest! TO be honest she killed me a few times so I was gonna leave it til she killed me twice and I lost 14 humanity. THEN she had to die.

Also, Pinwheel was a bit of an anticlimax to say the least! Now, Tomb of the Giants with no light... Hmm. Pretty sure I was meant to get a lantern from the catacombs.. But I didn't. Balls.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 21:53:23 26-06-2013
  • Rhaegyr 26 Jun 2013 22:05:27 1,560 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The 'torch' I used is found in the area beyond Demon Ruins. Not sure what path you've taken so it's hard to judge. I'm sure there are other light sources though.

Pinwheel really surprised me - I found The Catacombs (and TOTG) one of the more difficult areas. Expected a tough boss to match, though it's followed in TOTG with something far more difficult - enjoy :D
  • ProfessorLesser 26 Jun 2013 22:07:42 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are you talking about Lost Izalith? Shit, I didn't find anything down there. Maybe I should have a look before I blindly stumble back into the horrible dark.
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Jun 2013 22:24:36 16,930 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    -Eks wrote:
    I think I know which sword you mean. It awoke something very angry. Dumped it for the Balder sword for now, don't have the materials to upgrade it yet.
    Aye, that's the one, it has a lovely thrust attack but if you've found something better then more power to you. Keep it in mind for the catacombs though as it makes things much easier.

You are a factory of sadness.

• King_Edward 26 Jun 2013 22:32:49 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers
    Gwyndolin is actually a guy (there's a story behind this), and killing him has little baring on anything. Be careful the next time you try using the bonfire in Anor Londo though. :)
  • ProfessorLesser 26 Jun 2013 22:39:56 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    -Eks wrote:
    Aye, that's the one, it has a lovely thrust attack but if you've found something better then more power to you. Keep it in mind for the catacombs though as it makes things much easier.
    I have no idea what sword you're talking about... subtle hint?
  • Deleted user 27 June 2013 00:03:47
    Jesus. How many Taurus and capra demons ARE there down here?? And what the hell is that clinging to the wall? I DON'T like this place.
  • ProfessorLesser 27 Jun 2013 00:22:02 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That thing clinging to the wall is the only one of the things that cling to walls that is easy to kill, so savour it. It's also the only one worth killing as a matter of urgency...

Oh and that fog gate? Not safe.

EDIT: I thought it was safe :(

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 00:22:26 27-06-2013
  • quadfather 27 Jun 2013 02:44:53 11,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @quadfather none. That was a feeble attempt at humour...
    Ah. You might want to rethink going there for a bit then

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• matrim83 27 Jun 2013 03:13:12 5,587 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    matrim83 wrote:

Return to Undead Asylum, crows nest?

Valar morghulis.

• Dr_Mech 27 Jun 2013 04:25:47 1,017 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    I killed Dark Sun Gwyndolin, was that a good idea? I didn't mean to. I joined the covenant then thought I'd take a nose through the fog and she attacked me.
    *snickers* ah the mistake everyone makes when they first encounter Gwyndolin,Gwyndolin is a guy, a very effeminite guy with snakes for legs but a guy none the less.

Also don't worry too much, When you get into the tomb of giants, go talk to Trusty Patches, then go have a look at the treasure he wants to share with you, one of the items down there is a Skull Lantern.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 04:26:17 27-06-2013
  • LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 09:06:49 43,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sigh. So, internet was down last night. I had a go at CCD and wandered round AL a bit trying to kill Lautrec with my Zweihander but it wasn't the same.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 27 June 2013 09:10:27
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    I killed Dark Sun Gwyndolin, was that a good idea? I didn't mean to. I joined the covenant then thought I'd take a nose through the fog and she attacked me.
    *snickers* ah the mistake everyone makes when they first encounter Gwyndolin,Gwyndolin is a guy, a very effeminite guy with snakes for legs but a guy none the less.

Also don't worry too much, When you get into the tomb of giants, go talk to Trusty Patches, then go have a look at the treasure he wants to share with you, one of the items down there is a Skull Lantern.
    Ah. Well, whatever, tentacle footed twat! Ok well I'll head back to TotG after I get killed a few times in Demon Ruins. SO annoying. killed all the Capra's got invaded by Kirk the Cleft, killed him too, got invaded by some other guy, ALMOST killed him and he back stabbed me at the last minute critical hitting me to my doooooom.

I love the random nature of the multiplayer element in this game! You're never safe.
  • Widge Moderator 27 Jun 2013 09:21:50 13,436 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Jesus. How many Taurus and capra demons ARE there down here?? And what the hell is that clinging to the wall? I DON'T like this place.
    4000. The Taurus and Capra's actually turn out to be less of a problem. A bit of luring or straight up avoiding works wonders.

It is the wormykins that proved to be my greatest challenge.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 27 Jun 2013 09:23:03 13,436 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    matrim83 wrote:

Return to Undead Asylum, crows nest?
    Oh not that, I forgot about that!

I was so pleased I found that off my own back after a merry old jaunt around Firelink. There are a surprising amount of nooks and crannies to that place.

_ _ _

• LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 09:33:56 43,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    @BillCityfingers
    Gwyndolin is actually a guy (there's a story behind this), and killing him has little baring on anything. Be careful the next time you try using the bonfire in Anor Londo though. :)
    Killing him fucks the pre-kindled AL bonfire, and makes the lady firekeeper VERY angry. Gets you access to a sweet armour set though.

• Deleted user 27 June 2013 10:03:24
    Damn will that firekeeper attack me then? Curse my curiosity! I should have never gone through the fog! Got the armour... I'm carrying TONS of armour that I'll never use ha ha. Actually, nothing so far apart from two sets is better than my +5 Black Iron Armour. I now have that and the skirt and hood from beside the Ceaseless Discharge. I look a bit mental to say the least.
  • LeoliansBro 27 Jun 2013 10:05:16 43,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lategame armour (boss fights aside) becomes almost cosplay. I'd love to rock a full Ornstein set but I didn't get him this time. Maybe full Lautrec.

• Architect_z 27 Jun 2013 10:11:13 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    S***!!!

I might need some help. I've decided to go into the DLC areas.
    Defeated the white lion. But my 4million souls are currently in the Artorias arena, along with my 52 humanity.

Can I get anyone willing to help me retrieve them and defeat old Artorias?

PS3 - SL: 125
  • PenguinJim 27 Jun 2013 10:31:14 5,824 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't you recover and bone it?
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last