Dark Souls Page 809

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• Rhaegyr 24 Jun 2013 15:06:19 1,716 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dragon Scales can upgrade a few rare weapons in the game that are dragon type, the Drake Sword being one of these. There are infinitely better dragon weapons than the Drake Sword though so I'd advise to wait until you find a decent one.

You can turn the soul into a weapon or feed it to yourself/someone else for souls.

Save the shards/chunks as they don't count for weight and they're used to upgrade weapons into specific types depending on the shard. Best to wait for a weapon you really like using then buffing it with them.

Hope that helps!

Edit - beaten to it.

Edited by Rhaegyr at 15:07:27 24-06-2013
  • LeoliansBro 24 Jun 2013 15:06:50 44,246 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilka: yup. Ever been in the Anor Londo Cathedral when unhollowed?

Also, can you:

a) make a crystal weapon
    b) use the crystal weapon for MASSIVE DAMAGE
    c) break the crystal weapon
    d) reverse the process back to a normal weapon (effectively starting over)?

Edited by LeoliansBro at 15:07:52 24-06-2013

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 24 June 2013 15:16:55
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Each Firekeeper Soul is slightly different if you check their descriptions (very subtle and easy to miss). This makes me think they're unique to the person who has/drops them.

I can only offer my sympathies - I can't imagine what it'd be like not having a bonfire in Firelink, especially when up against the 4K (though easy once you get in close). Unlucky mate :(
    I know, I should have read the descriptions to be sure. I'm just not sure how it all happened to be honest. I as really careful not to do anything with her soul and only did as I had two and thought they'd be the same :(

ProfessorLesser wrote:
    How did you fight Lautrec without knowing Anastacia was dead? Definitely sounds like the game confused your Firekeeper souls :( That's a massive pain in the arse.

Maybe you'll get more use out of the Darkroot Basin shortcut? Depends how much Drakes bother you I suppose. They are quite annoying.
    I knew she was dead, I was carrying her soul. I got another soul after killing Lautrec, that's when things got all confused, I had two souls, went to upgrade my estus, where the game automatically used one then it wouldn't let me bring Firelink.

Yeah wondered about the Darkroot shortcut. Not tackled a Drake yet so not sure how much they'll bother me...
  • LeoliansBro 24 Jun 2013 15:18:56 44,246 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The big red wanker on the roof of the church in the undead parish is a Drake. The blue lizards in the Darkroot bit are Wyverns. They're pretty easy so long as you take them one at a time and know what you're doing.

There's something else down there as well...

• ProfessorLesser 24 Jun 2013 15:21:45 19,357 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh my mistake. The name of the area confuses me! I find it irritating as there's about 6 of them on the shortcut within close aggro proximity of each other.
  • LeoliansBro 24 Jun 2013 15:23:52 44,246 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Individually they are slow, telegraph slower than a mountain range, get staggered easy and don't have any particular defenses. All this goes out of the window when they're all on you at once and it goes a bit shower-scene-from-American-History-X though.

• Deleted user 24 June 2013 15:24:43
    They look like dicks. Might stock up on poison arrows and see how they like that.
  • LeoliansBro 24 Jun 2013 15:30:56 44,246 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've never played as a ranged character.

Or a magic user.

Or a dex build.

Or anything that didn't let me hit things with my Zweihander until they are dead :)

• Deleted user 24 June 2013 15:33:22
    Ha ha, I really need to try that next playthrough.

I have 40 Dex with a +10 Longbow and +10 Bow so my arrows are pretty potent. Once I get this very large ember my longbow will be taken to +15 soon as I can.
  • LeoliansBro 24 Jun 2013 15:47:01 44,246 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ha! Listen to this:

If you wear a Leo ring, the counter damage (when you hit the target when it is recovering from an attack, or about to make one) against 4K applies to the individual King but not the boss health bar.

This disconnect means you'll sometimes see a fifth King appear...

• ProfessorLesser 24 Jun 2013 15:55:24 19,357 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've seen a fifth king plenty of times :(
  • King_Edward 24 Jun 2013 16:30:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I thought they appeared infinitely until all their health is gone.
  • oldschoolsoviet 24 Jun 2013 16:35:50 5,478 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dunno, but I had to wait a good 30sec+ for the fourth to appear. Never knew what hit them !
  • Lotos8ter 24 Jun 2013 16:36:42 2,360 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:Also, can you:

a) make a crystal weapon
    b) use the crystal weapon for MASSIVE DAMAGE
    c) break the crystal weapon
    d) reverse the process back to a normal weapon (effectively starting over)?
    a) Yes
    B) Yes, used the crystal halberd in AL against O&S myself a few times, its a decent weapon. (I got the tip from a speedrunner)
    c) You can break them and they have low durability and can't be repaired
    d) No you can't. You can't take a crystal weapon to a Blacksmith and "degrade it" to a +10 unfortunately. Once its crystal, it stays crystal.

Fiat Lux

• Deleted user 24 June 2013 16:42:12
    Do the 4K hate fire? I'm going to run at them waving my Furysword around like a lunatic. I hope they hate fire.

I've got to wear that stupid ring though don't I? Balls. Evil game. Making me choose between either going like a slow ass by removing Havels ring (I like wearing my +5 Black Iron Armour as it's the balls) OR removing my ring of favour & protection thereby, erm, breaking it.
  • LeoliansBro 24 Jun 2013 16:43:44 44,246 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you're going for the fatness might as well so for Iron Flesh as well. But I wouldn't advise it at all, you want to be fast...

• King_Edward 24 Jun 2013 16:46:44 11,454 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd go fat rolling for the 4 Kings. Good high poise and the best dps weapon you can manage.
  • Dangerous_Dan 24 Jun 2013 16:48:01 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers Wear the heaviest armour and use power within. Use the crest shield, maybe upgrade it. Just stand in front of them and block, heal, attack -> easy mode.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 16:48:27 24-06-2013
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 21:54:06
    Well. As I suspected I would, I pussied out after picking up the Very Large Ember. In truth I was quite low on Estus Flasks so didn't see the point in pushing on needlessly. Got a Jagged Ghost Dagger +2 & 7 Transient Curses to deal with any ghosts when I go back and the Darkwraiths go down in two swings so wasn't too bothered.

Anyway got my +15 Uchi now, which is nice. A +14 Longbow which is also nice and a +2 Lightning Short bow. I got all that in half an hour wearing my covetous Serpent ring and having 15 humanity in AL farming those two Royal Sentinels. I got one titanite chunk off each one nearly every time. Farming pays off!

So just killed the little greeting party at Dukes archive and I'll leave it there I think. A good evenings work.

The Four Kings will have to wait a while...
  • oldschoolsoviet 24 Jun 2013 21:57:31 5,478 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Roll up, roll up !
    It's time to announce.....

All new Catarina 'Onion' Knight Tours of Anor Loooooondooooo !

Come see the amazing sights, the panoramic views, all with your own personal guide ! Visit the pristine chapel, the glorious cathedral hall, and rest in our sumptuous quarters after a weary day. Our personal Onion service will keep those pesky knights at bay !

Ahem. Yep, after 70+ GD runs, I felt it was time to move on, so 16 O&S runs, with hosts of variable quality. So many of them are too eager to wade straight in, without separating them, without using pillars, or avoiding that ass slam. A few have learned the hard way.

I feel I'm going to be here a while (again), before levelling up and getting on with my game.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 22:02:21
    @BillCityfingers so you have fourteen weapons at plus fifteen, you are soul rank 200 and you've not even killed a lord soul boss yet? ;)
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 22:22:27
    @Choppi Pretty much being over cautious I think. I've not levelled up for a bit now though I just wanted to upgrade my gear a bit. I think I'm pretty much ready. The only reason I pussied out of New Londo is because... Eh, well, I'm a coward.

I think I need to grow a pair and get stuck in!
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 22:24:53
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    so 16 O&S runs, with hosts of variable quality. So many of them are too eager to wade straight in, without separating them, without using pillars, or avoiding that ass slam. A few have learned the hard way.
    It's quite funny while doing that Sentinel farming how many bloodstains were appearing at the Onion + Salami boss area. I'm glad it's a while before I have to fight those two again.
  • Metalfish 24 Jun 2013 22:34:33 8,818 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My character is a slightly overlevelled 100 at Anor Londo with Lenard and Orangutan still to kill. I half-heartedly tried them with Brolaire, but he'd already been half-healthed by by a cheeky invader on the way there.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 22:53:42
    @Metalfish I don't feel too bad now...
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 23:20:59
    So I let the blacksmith ascend my Claymore into a fire Claymore and now those fucking catacomb skeletons take 3/4 hits to die.

Those spiky wheel bastards murder me everytime, too.
  • zoranzelenika 24 Jun 2013 23:32:12 30 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've really enjoyed my first dozen hours with this game.
    Cleared the Burg and the Undead Parish and am prepping myself to go meet the bastards on the roof.
    Playing it offline but I might change that later on, so far I see no need for summonings. I think the game is a bit more forgiving then Demon's souls, still though it doesn't tolerate rushing at all - like quicksand, if you try to power through you only sink faster. Looking forward to having some more time for it - lovely game.
  • quadfather 24 Jun 2013 23:44:03 12,152 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @Choppi Pretty much being over cautious I think. I've not levelled up for a bit now though I just wanted to upgrade my gear a bit. I think I'm pretty much ready. The only reason I pussied out of New Londo is because... Eh, well, I'm a coward.

I think I need to grow a pair and get stuck in!
    Marathon, not a sprint. Remember that. Different people play it in different ways. You're playing it exactly as I did.

End of the day, just make sure you enjoy it

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• puddleduck 24 Jun 2013 23:48:51 1,854 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @HairyArse

Upgrade it more... Goes all the way to +10 fire if I remember correctly.
  • Dr_Mech 25 Jun 2013 04:13:37 1,026 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    My character is a slightly overlevelled 100 at Anor Londo with Lenard and Orangutan still to kill. I half-heartedly tried them with Brolaire, but he'd already been half-healthed by by a cheeky invader on the way there.
    Slightly overlevelled, SLIGHTLY?

Jesus I normally do Fatboy and Slim at around level 40-50.

Unless you're in NG+, in which case, that is only slightly overlevelled.
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last