Dark Souls Page 804

  • Page

    of 1218 First / Last

  • Dr_Mech 20 Jun 2013 20:27:03 1,050 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @quadfather I have a Furysword+4 or the uchigatana+10. Furysword not as potent now I'm down humanity a fair bit but still decent enough. Am I right in saying O is weak to lightning? Is it worth upgrading my lightning spear?

    I hate that lightning bum groundpound! The other attack I can never dodge is when he rushes me with his hammer then sweeps it.

    Right. Dammit. I can do this. Focus... Focus...
    Ornstein is NOT weak to lightning, quite the opposite infact, he resists like 90% lightning damage.

    However Smough is weak to lightning in his normal form. Orns is strong against lightning, weak to fire. Smough is resistant against Fire (though not as heavily as Orns is lightning, something like 20-40% resistance) but weak to lightning. Super Orns remains weak to fire but Super Smough gains resistances to both Lightning and Fire.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 21:05:36
    Ha ha thanks that probably saved me a lot of deaths figuring that out!
  • quadfather 20 Jun 2013 23:11:03 13,379 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Which is why I said go for physical + a buff :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • ProfessorLesser 21 Jun 2013 00:04:18 19,417 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm having a lot of trouble picking an armour set and a shield to upgrade. There seems to be no clear winner worth focusing on... I have Eastern Armour+5 working quite nicely for me, and everything else I seem to chop and change when the mood takes me.

    Am I missing something important I should be looking for? I'm sort of playing Int/pyro.

    As an aside, anyone have difficulty summoning Dusk in Darkwood Basin? I can't see her summon sign anywhere :/
  • Bremenacht 21 Jun 2013 00:16:21 19,663 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    As an aside, anyone have difficulty summoning Dusk in Darkwood Basin? I can't see her summon sign anywhere :/
    I hope I won't cause insult when I ask if you're in human form?
  • ProfessorLesser 21 Jun 2013 00:29:17 19,417 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Bremenacht I've tried human, hollow, online and offline, save and quit, searching around, can't see it anywhere. The only thing I can think is that I've already done it and forgotten - but I don't have the antiquated set, and can't see it anywhere.

    Weird.
  • Dangerous_Dan 21 Jun 2013 00:53:21 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Weird.
    I assume you have already killed the golem who captured her. In that case I'd just Quit and Reload. The summon sign should appear.

    Maybe behind that rock - it should be next to the place where you found that Knight armour.

    If not then it seems to be some weird glitch.

    *drunk posting*
  • ProfessorLesser 21 Jun 2013 00:56:10 19,417 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    ...the golem who captured her.
    And another thing: why the fuck is there so much story that isn't in the game? Am I being a twat and missing it all? Why's it all on a Wiki but not the fucking game itself? This really irritates me.
  • PenguinJim 21 Jun 2013 05:40:02 6,010 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ProfessorLesser NEVER PLAY RESONANCE OF FATE!
  • Deleted user 21 June 2013 07:12:09
    I've left AL for just now. Mucking about in darkroot. Killed the hydra which was a piece of piss then thought may as well get sif as well. Took a couple of goes til I figured out just to evade his attacks by rolling into him and third attempt killed him without getting hit.

    Nice wee confidence boost so heading to depths to farm some humanity next then back to AL with some charcoal resin.
  • quadfather 21 Jun 2013 08:36:12 13,379 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    ...the golem who captured her.
    And another thing: why the fuck is there so much story that isn't in the game? Am I being a twat and missing it all? Why's it all on a Wiki but not the fucking game itself? This really irritates me.
    It is there but its not going to hand it to you on a plate. You have to figure shit out. Agreed some is well hidden and some is cryptic but its there

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Architect_z 21 Jun 2013 08:43:24 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ProfessorLesser - I actually prefer lack of story, it means you have to piece it together yourself, and work out the intricate detailing, instead of games like Skyrim that force feed you every chapter.
    The less you know, the more strange and mysterious the world is. ^_^
    God I sound like a right geek.
  • LeoliansBro 21 Jun 2013 08:57:23 44,956 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I couldn't find Dusk at all, I don't remember having to be human to fight the golem...

    With this and CCD's glitching arm I think strange things have been patched into the game. Deliberately?

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 21 June 2013 09:16:23
    Who's Dusk?
  • LeoliansBro 21 Jun 2013 09:18:13 44,956 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ghost of a Oolacile lady, she sells some of the best magic gear in the game. And it sounds like you're right on her doorstep.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Dr_Mech 21 Jun 2013 10:06:29 1,050 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    She is also important for accessing the DLC, much like the game itself, the way to access the DLC is kind of obtuse as well.

    Search the lake with the Hydra in it, exploring the edges will lead the way.
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Jun 2013 11:41:30 17,381 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    She's just by a rock iirc. Don't follow it through before the fight with O&S.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • ProfessorLesser 21 Jun 2013 12:46:39 19,417 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    ...the golem who captured her.
    And another thing: why the fuck is there so much story that isn't in the game? Am I being a twat and missing it all? Why's it all on a Wiki but not the fucking game itself? This really irritates me.
    It is there but its not going to hand it to you on a plate. You have to figure shit out. Agreed some is well hidden and some is cryptic but its there
    I'm actually fine with the world as it is, there's obviously some story there from chatting with NPCs and so on. And I'm quite happy with a game designed with minimal exposition. But I look on the Wiki page and there's reams of backstory and I don't have a fucking clue where it comes from. That sort of thing's just silly.
  • ProfessorLesser 21 Jun 2013 12:48:00 19,417 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can you only summon Dusk once or something? Maybe I did it and forgot. Isn't the antiquated set supposed to be in a chest though? It just doesn't exist in my game :(
  • quadfather 21 Jun 2013 12:50:57 13,379 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    ...the golem who captured her.
    And another thing: why the fuck is there so much story that isn't in the game? Am I being a twat and missing it all? Why's it all on a Wiki but not the fucking game itself? This really irritates me.
    It is there but its not going to hand it to you on a plate. You have to figure shit out. Agreed some is well hidden and some is cryptic but its there
    I'm actually fine with the world as it is, there's obviously some story there from chatting with NPCs and so on. And I'm quite happy with a game designed with minimal exposition. But I look on the Wiki page and there's reams of backstory and I don't have a fucking clue where it comes from. That sort of thing's just silly.
    Understand what you're saying, but the game is over 2 years old now and because it's cryptic, people have naturally put bits and pieces together and the wiki is a logical place to put it all really.

    I still don't know what's going on if it's any consolation :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • LeoliansBro 21 Jun 2013 13:19:03 44,956 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There have been a fair few things odd or missing in my latest run through. I could have sworn I knew where the first mimic was - same room as the Ring Of Steel Protection no?

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • LeoliansBro 21 Jun 2013 13:26:32 44,956 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, isn't it in the same room though at the top of Cannonball alley?

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • LeoliansBro 21 Jun 2013 13:32:10 44,956 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aaaaaaaaaaah.

    Ta.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Arcturas 21 Jun 2013 13:50:07 123 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Goodfella Off topic - but i can't help but think of your replies being said by David Mitchell. I keep expecting him to talk about O&S on Would I Lie to You:DDDDD

    Edited by Arcturas at 13:50:25 21-06-2013
  • Page

    of 1218 First / Last

Log in or register to reply