Dark Souls Page 802

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 June 2013 15:19:19
    @quadfather sounds good! I need to do some farming anyway. Oatmeal & Sunshine smacked all my humanity out of me. Only one fight. lost 12 flipping humanity as I died, then a bloody royal sentinel killed me on my way back there. Bollocks.
  • quadfather 18 Jun 2013 15:39:06 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - aye, it's annoying isn't it. You'll eventually get desensitized about it and won't worry about the never ending streams of death soon :)

Farming is nice and chilled and hones your fighting a little bit. Take some dark souls R & R :D

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 18 June 2013 21:22:48
    Just spent the best part of 2hrs Gravelording in Undead temple and had some fun experiences :)

Best fight was a 3v1 (2 blues 1 red) which I narrowly lost on the last guy cause I fk'd up a parry. I also lost to a Drake Sword nab though for much the same problem :'(

Once I wrote off Gravelording, nowadays it's bloody ace (with the knuckles obv)
  • Dr_Mech 18 Jun 2013 21:47:50 997 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @quadfather sounds good! I need to do some farming anyway. Oatmeal & Sunshine smacked all my humanity out of me. Only one fight. lost 12 flipping humanity as I died, then a bloody royal sentinel killed me on my way back there. Bollocks.
    Ah the one thing that all Dark Souls players do, adopting alternative names for Smough and Ornstein. I think it is a tradition now. My personal favorites are Snorlax and Pickachu and Super Londo Brothers.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2013 22:34:00
    @Dr_Mech Ha ha. I'm keeping it light just now. Pretty soon they'll be Fucknut & Arsecandle.
  • oldschoolsoviet 18 Jun 2013 22:54:28 5,457 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BillCityfingers

Some inspiration.

Back when I was doing some assists before tackling O&S myself, filming for a laugh, I ended up in that NG++ in the vid. Think I was carried through (despite the miracle dodge rolls), especially as it was only my fourth or fifth attempt !
  • Deleted user 18 June 2013 23:14:22
    @oldschoolsoviet Brilliant! So, where's the best place to look for summons? The bonfire at the top? Or near the fog gate? Only found one at the actual fog gate before now.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2013 23:37:06
    @BillCityfingers the second bonfire and make sure you have opened the short cut to the boss then you only deal with two knights before the fight.
    Why not summon two?
  • oldschoolsoviet 19 Jun 2013 00:31:25 5,457 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I always found I was frequently summoned at the bottom of the AL elevator, as you'll pick up folk who haven't unlocked the turntable bridge. That does require the annoyance of having to do that however.....

Currently still having a blast in the Depths. Frequent summons, and frequent invasions. Nice attempt by one to troll me into the hidden drops, leaping across and emote dancing to goad me over.

I just switched to a bow and headshot stunned him while the other ally phantom had run round and backstabbed him easily. The host, cowering behind me, just sent a one word message....."excellent". Seems I'll be making a trip to Nito for my Pyro's 'work equipment' and returning if the Gravelord stuff actually works half-decently now...
  • Deleted user 19 June 2013 02:23:34
    Invasions in AL are a bit irritating. Keep trying to stay human long enough to summon some allies and keep getting invaded. Fought Output and Shuffle another twice. Second time one more hit would have ended it but I cocked up. Not too fussed to be honest. Could kill sentinels all day for their lovely souls. I have I +4 lightning spear to thrust into Smut the next time I see him.

Edit: yes. My week off didn't last a day.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 02:23:58 19-06-2013
  • Dr_Mech 19 Jun 2013 03:06:25 997 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right I'm going to be trying a fist weapon run, this time not restricting myself to no shield and making it a more buff orientated build.
  • Dr_Mech 19 Jun 2013 05:30:39 997 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kind of sad about PC, Xbox is still alive and kicking in a serious way. Any time I hit Anor Londo there is like 4+ summon signs all over the place, hell even for Gargoyles there are a crapton of summon signs.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2013 08:56:18
    @Goodfella 360, and yeah, seems as though there's still a fair few folk playing. Judging by the amount of times I got invaded anyway! Always a few summon signs around too.

Can't get too annoyed at the invaders as that's part of what the game is, mostly it's quite amusing as they appear and we wave/bow at each other. Only once I got really pissed when some sneaky prick appeared behind me and stabbed me in the back as I was finishing off a royal sentinel.

That's my back up weapon sorted now. +10 Uchi.
  • Architect_z 19 Jun 2013 08:58:38 2,374 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've been invading the burg recently, still lots of online activity (PS3) however i'm finding no one bows. Its really annoying. If they bow back i'll play fair, however 8 times out of 10 they wont do anything, and if they defeat me they just do cursing animations.

So now I put my back to a wall and keep bowing, if they start attacking then i just wrath of god -> backstab -> repeat.

These kids have no respect.
  • Widge Moderator 19 Jun 2013 09:08:30 13,259 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    It's so incredibly lifeless on the PC version
    Concerning, especially as I was hoping to go PC for DS2.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• quadfather 19 Jun 2013 09:11:49 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dunno, I get invaded quite a lot on PC version. Though thinking about it, its normally in the dlc area. Town area specifically

• LeoliansBro 19 Jun 2013 09:34:14 43,227 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, 360 online activity is way up, problem is summon signs and invaders tend to be in the same few areas so you run a real risk when you're unhollowed.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• King_Edward 19 Jun 2013 09:45:34 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My PC playing has been a lonely experience too. The PS3 is comparatively buzzing.

Edited by King_Edward at 09:46:06 19-06-2013
  • King_Edward 19 Jun 2013 09:49:04 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I've been invading the burg recently, still lots of online activity (PS3) however i'm finding no one bows. Its really annoying. If they bow back i'll play fair, however 8 times out of 10 they wont do anything, and if they defeat me they just do cursing animations.
    I was summoning black phantoms in the burg recently. Ended up with 3 as the same time, by two of them just queued up and practised parrying.

Much respect for Smough.
  • oldschoolsoviet 19 Jun 2013 15:03:52 5,457 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    My PC playing has been a lonely experience too. The PS3 is comparatively buzzing.
    20-odd summons this morning in The Depths, 17 humanity from boss defeats, about another 20 from rats.
    Tons of Large Titanite farming slimes in between, and around 250k souls. A productive morning, and I'm comfortable running with a Claymore+9/Pyro+15 combo, shields be damned !

Funniest host was a naked JP fellow who badassed his way solo through the level, killed all and sundry without effort, and launched into a succession of joy/dance emotes......

....watching him being eaten and killed by that third slime on the roof as he strayed under it- priceless. I can only imagine his reaction. :D
  • LeoliansBro 19 Jun 2013 15:07:35 43,227 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I foresee an evening spent sitting outside Quelaag's silk ball building up enough humanity for her sister...

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• quadfather 19 Jun 2013 15:21:49 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

....watching him being eaten and killed by that third slime on the roof as he strayed under it- priceless. I can only imagine his reaction. :D
    Glol

• Mr_Sleep 19 Jun 2013 15:21:49 16,841 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I always managed to fail to do the bow as I would forget how to properly use the gestures and then panic and select some kind of dance or something!

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 19 June 2013 16:20:31
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:
    I always managed to fail to do the bow as I would forget how to properly use the gestures and then panic and select some kind of dance or something!
    I just wave alot. I know I'm going to get my ass handed to me so may as well remain upbeat!
  • Deleted user 19 June 2013 21:42:20
    Having a right old time with this. Just can't get the hang of Big Smough at all. By the time I get to him typically my two allies are dead and I have to face him myself. Just can't seem to get his health down quick enough before he kills me. Been really close to killing him a few times but just can't seem to get the knack. Any advice? I'm down to my last 2 humanity and lost all my rings of sacrifice :(

Still can't find it in me to be pissed off by now, although I should be. I just like the game too much. Wouldn't mind moving on though. My fear is I'll spend too long here and start to get a bit bored...
  • oldschoolsoviet 19 Jun 2013 21:50:32 5,457 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My fear is I'll spend too long here and start to get a bit bored...

Which is par for the course for a lot of folk, I'd reckon.

Tried being summoned yourself, helping other players, so you'll get more comfortable with them ? It'll get your humanity up a bit too hopefully. I've no idea how many runs I did, but were talking 70+ at least.

I fucking love Anor Londo. It's one big playground.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2013 22:03:56
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:

Tried being summoned yourself, helping other players, so you'll get more comfortable with them ? It'll get your humanity up a bit too hopefully. I've no idea how many runs I did, but were talking 70+ at least.

I fucking love Anor Londo. It's one big playground.
    Good idea sir good idea. I think I may just do that. I'm still having fun here. Why's it so popular for duels? I suck bad at PvP. Only ever killed about 2 guys.

Edit: Shit, getting a bit tedious now. I have to go farm to try get humanity as don't get summoned (I think I'm too high a level? I'm 67... :S), then I go back, go human, kill one or two sentinels, get close then get invaded and die. Humanity down one. Rinse and repeat til all gone.

I think what I'm going to do is just do endless faceoffs myself against Owen and Simon until I kill them.

Hopefully I manage that before March 2014

Edited by BillCityfingers at 00:21:22 20-06-2013
  • oldschoolsoviet 20 Jun 2013 00:53:58 5,457 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whereas I'm hoping my new nickname is "Flame Handed Scourge of the Gaping Dragon".

27th down. Last two hosts just sat back healing me as I wailed on it.

Just need to get these 270k+ souls to the smith. Pronto. Without invasions. A few laggy teleporting BPs tonight that I didn't even bother fighting *sigh*. Liked the cheeky Chamelon using guy though, disguised as some lumpy muck, who got nowt from me but a pointing finger and a roughly aimed fireball to the face. Nice try....

I'm guessing you're 360 Bill, but my PS3 stint took me all the way through to the early Lv80's with plenty of action. That was a while ago, but yep, it'll come together eventually. Having WPs who know how to aggro and separate them, using the pillars as a barrier, deciding the order etc are a godsend. Unfortunately they're few and far between.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 07:21:58
    @BillCityfingers yeah maybe too high, nearly level 70 there!
    Think I was 50 and there were loads of summon signs.
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last