Dark Souls Page 793

• Page

of 1219 First / Last

• Deleted user 13 June 2013 19:56:54
    Lol you can now tell it's Japanese developers! Why do her breasts need to be like that?
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 20:04:54
    I joined her covenant, how do you cast miracles?
  • Dr_Mech 13 Jun 2013 20:10:49 1,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Took 43 minutes and four attempts. The fourth I cough cough summoned someone. :)
    On my third solo I killed the small one and got the big one down to quarter health and the rage was so immense when I died there was no way I was doing it again solo. :).

Got three level ups out of that :) 55 now.
    Bah I'm deducting you one attempt due to summoning! Some of us did that fight solo without NPC or PC phantom help the first time through :p...and yes it was balls hard for me.

The successful fight took me 30 minutes due to playing ultra-carefully (moreso than I needed too) and I was doing the hard mode option (Super Orns, Super Smough is the easy mode option apparently, though Smough is more of a pain in the arse because all his attacks get additional lightning damage BUI he is ridiculously easy to dodge, where as Orns is mostly physical BUT he is vastly more mobile and has a more varied moveset). So we shall say it is five and that your second guess (and thus myself) was correct, therefore I win the wager? *cough*

Imagine doing that fight at Soul Level 1, meaning you don't have the stamina to block Smoughs charge fully (which any decent shield can but it will cost you all of your stamina unless it is a greatshield), your armour sucks balls because levels actually increase your defense and your best weapon is a club with nails in it.

Like spells, miracles require a Talisman to cast and have a Faith requirement, the fat guy at Firelink will sell you miracles. If you're not looking to push too much into faith, I say stop at 12 just to get the heal miracle.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 20:18:04 13-06-2013
  • Dr_Mech 13 Jun 2013 20:20:34 1,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh and by the way Choppi, I hope you've been practicing Parrying, a lot of new players make the mistake of not learning to read enemy tells for when to parry. You'll need it for the final boss, you're only half way through the game BUT the last 4 areas of the game are kind of short and kind of gimmicky.

In the words of someone from the Internet on the subject of the final boss.

"Oh you didn't learn to parry, well you're going to need to learn now and learn real fucking fast!"
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 20:26:29
    I can parry, use it on black knights. Where do I get heal spell? Just lowered the water level in the ruins.
  • Dr_Mech 13 Jun 2013 20:33:37 1,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You know the fat guy in Firelink Shrine? He will offer to sell you miracles. Depending on where you are with his quest line he'll either ask you to join a covenant (if you're not in one, there is no harm in doing it) and he'll sell you the heal miracle.

Also for your next encounter boss wise I'll give a few hints.

1) DPS matters, a lot, you don't hit hard and fast, you'll end up in trouble.

2) You need a special ring equipped in order to enter the actual boss area or you'll die the moment you jump down the hole. You get the ring by beating a very big wolf, if you haven't done this yet, go do it now, heed the words of the old man when he tells you to 'seek out Artorias' and think where you've seen that name before if you haven't already gotten the required item.

3) Explore the area fully, this is where the Very Large Ember is located

The next few 'end of area' bosses are basically sort of gimmick fights, I'll list the gimmick but not for which boss.

1) DPS race (to use an MMO boss term).
    2) Puzzle Boss.
    3) Boss + reviving Minions (unless you know how to kill them permenantly).
    4) Weaksauce boss (he is kind of a pushover).

Edited by Dr_Mech at 20:37:55 13-06-2013
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 20:59:14
    I can't change covenants!!

Guess who has got the very large ember?
    Yes that is right bitches. :).
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 21:43:47
    Clearly I've done the game in the wrong order. Just obliterated everything past the forest door first attempt and only got hit twice vs sif. Oops.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 22:03:02
    Yeah it's all backwards, just embarrassed hydra snake thing too.
  • King_Edward 13 Jun 2013 22:22:16 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Choppi

Met Pinwheel yet?
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 22:27:56
    @King_Edward maybe not but I have no idea of names. Not sure where to go now, I can only think of lava land and the ruins.
  • King_Edward 13 Jun 2013 22:42:46 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Choppi
    Try the Catacombs near Firelink with the Skeletons. You'll learn a thing or two about being over powered.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 23:19:57
    Oh shit

Edit: oops didn't mean to press post. Eh. Right. Big blades. A titanite demon below. Bloody hell.

Oh. Just found a secret wall to take me up to kill the big guy that opens the gate. Any other point being up here?

Edited by BillCityfingers at 23:31:40 13-06-2013
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 23:26:46
    @King_Edward isn't that a stitch up!!? There is no need to be mean.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 23:36:10
    Catacombs next I think, then ruins, then lava world then tomb of giants.

Although I'm +14 sword and want to get three more chunks to +15 and apparently the best place is in the ruins from the magic knights. That came across as a good place to grind for souls too as they are perfect for my fighting style so low risk/high reward.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 23:54:20
    Hmm sens fortress is a bit of a dick

Also. Dark souls does not favour the inpatient player. Goodbye 26000 souls :-(

Edited by BillCityfingers at 00:31:25 14-06-2013
  • PenguinJim 14 Jun 2013 05:12:13 6,020 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Oh and by the way Choppi, I hope you've been practicing Parrying, a lot of new players make the mistake of not learning to read enemy tells for when to parry. You'll need it for the final boss...
    I've defeated the final boss three times with three different characters and I still don't know how to parry! First time took a couple of attempts, but last week's was done in a single run with my Int/Dex sorcerer. :p
  • quadfather 14 Jun 2013 08:49:19 13,423 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Took 43 minutes and four attempts. The fourth I cough cough summoned someone. :)
    On my third solo I killed the small one and got the big one down to quarter health and the rage was so immense when I died there was no way I was doing it again solo. :).

Got three level ups out of that :) 55 now.
    Have to say well done :) its not what you expect is it. I fully understand that particular rage you're on about too!

Still, its a handy item you get isn't it?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 14 Jun 2013 08:53:36 13,423 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:

Have you, er, found any chests yet?

• Deleted user 14 June 2013 08:59:18
    quadfather wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:

Have you, er, found any chests yet?
    Well. Ha. Yeah. But I got the prick. Something struck me as odd with the way it was placed so I hit it.

Course, I knew already there were mimics so was being extra careful with chests as didn't know when or where they would appear. Just had a gut feeling!

To be fair the level and bad guys are not too bad. Totally doable. Hadn't died til I got up to the top really narrow walkway, tried to pass all four blades in one and got knocked off. Tried to hurry back there and made a stupid mistake hence losing my souls. Snake guys seem an easy 500 souls each though so might have a couple of runs through.
  • Widge Moderator 14 Jun 2013 09:00:11 13,746 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From that point on, I hit every chest I came across.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• quadfather 14 Jun 2013 09:08:27 13,423 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - yeah you pick it up quite quickly. There's a shortcut you can open too which helps. In fact there's a few things to do in the level and some good items. The bonfire is in an annoying place but once you get it, it makes clearing the level a doddle. Its worth being patient and exploring it all slowly

• Deleted user 14 June 2013 09:08:51
    @Widge I think I'll do the same! Still got a shock when it stood up though, didn't expect it to be so massive!

(she said)
  • Deleted user 14 June 2013 09:15:28
    @quadfather Yeah I realised slowly is the best way! You can avoid a messy death just by keeping your peepers peeled. Like the lift with blood on it...
  • quadfather 14 Jun 2013 09:23:11 13,423 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - Yes, that lift is a twat :)

I was showing my mate the game the other day, waltzing around sens, and I showed him that mimic - killed it nonchalantly and then headed to the lift, carefree

I'm sure you can imagine what happened :)

• Deleted user 14 June 2013 09:26:45
    @quadfather Splitting headache? :-P
  • Page

of 1219 First / Last