Dark Souls Page 791

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• quadfather 12 Jun 2013 16:13:16 11,808 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes! or kick them :) Probably more satisfying!

Edited by quadfather at 16:13:43 12-06-2013

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• matrim83 12 Jun 2013 16:19:17 5,587 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I always found that farming way really dull and boring. Always much more fun to put your summon sign down and help people beat bosses.

You dont even have to be good at the game. Just having two people against a boss can make a HUGE difference.

Valar morghulis.

• quadfather 12 Jun 2013 16:27:35 11,808 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, you can certainly do that too.

Personally, I play mainly single player, and I just put some chilled out music on some headphones and get into a zone of doing it quite a few times though - helped me fight better too.

• quadfather 12 Jun 2013 16:32:11 11,808 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I found that I'd always lead them to their deaths, but after a while, I'd get a bit bored as well, especially with twatty sorcerer, so I ended up taking him on, before leading the rest back.

Then I just upped it a bit more over time killing more and more via melee and now I just run in, pull 2-3 and go for it toe to toe :)

• Deleted user 12 June 2013 19:41:08
    I've learnt two things in the past thirty minutes.

1) you can equip most of havels armour and move the same as my thief robes!! Even though it's several times more defence.

2) the black knights that are everywhere are extremely easy to parry kill. :)
  • Dr_Mech 12 Jun 2013 19:45:04 991 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    With Havel's ring and the FaP ring, depending on your Endurance you can usually get away with wearing the legs and the gloves and still fast roll.

With my GiantDad build I can medium roll at level 50 with 35 endurance using that setup and Mask of the Father.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 19:46:00 12-06-2013
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 19:45:55
    I am, I was practicing in the room I found his armour. Got his body armour and gloves on, gargoyle helm and a dress. I roll fast still.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 20:12:51
    Met Ornstein and Smough, nice guys.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 20:22:33
    Yeah I have both of those rings equipped.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 20:34:00
    I've been hooked on this since I started but suddenly thinking I can't be bothered to continue. We'll see, I might go farm for ages to make my character really powerful as want to see the stuff I haven't come across without having to snail through the game.

Yet again I come across something where I need to travel for ages to enable me to use it.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 20:34:40
    O&S naked with a dagger is the way to roll these days, so I hear....
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 21:22:43
    Pissed around in blighttown. Not too bad. Think I've seen it all. Poison dart guys are annoying but don't seem to respawn. Took a look at thingy's domain but don't fancy going through the fog gate. Thing is, I found a route up to firelink via the valley and ruins and I can't rest at uhe bonfire as the firekeeper has fucked off / died? Bloody annoying. Got a firekeepers soul as well!! Do I need to invade whatshisface?
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 21:34:26
    @BillCityfingers don't worry, someone else can upgrade your flask within the next two or so hours.

The boss in blightown is very easy if you keep moving and blocking. Just one major area attack you need to learn.
  • King_Edward 12 Jun 2013 21:48:24 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Choppi

What requires travelling so far now?
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 22:00:50
    Blacksmith, can't upgrade my weapon as the very large ember is in an.area miles away with ghosts etc.

Excluding parry attack my +10 sword doesn't kill fast enough. I need +15.
  • King_Edward 12 Jun 2013 22:06:41 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You shouldn't need a +15 weapon yet, or at all really. You've met Ornstein and Smough yes? Travelling won't be such a burden soon.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 22:33:23
    Just checked what you meant, depending on how limited that ability is depends on if I keep playing. If you could use it to all of them I would 100% finish the game.

I find many areas of this game just a time waste, if you want a real hard game play ninja gaiden on Xbox. Dark souls is way easier but just seems hard because of the bonfire situation.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 23:18:33
    Had to kill spider lady by summoning the crazy sack head lady. Just made it all the more painless. I just shot her with arrows while she was distracted with mental bint.

Went through that door in Darkroot Garden. Not as bad as I thought actually. Killed knight dude and magic arrow dude pretty easily. I then fucked up and got an axe through my skull from warrior fellow. Hmph.

Fatigue worn in tonight. Gonna flex my brain muscles writing now then go back tomorrow. Try the garden again then see if I can chop up that Hydra.
  • King_Edward 12 Jun 2013 23:21:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Choppi
    You can use it from any bonfire, but not too any bonfire.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 06:56:55
    @Goodfella ha ha yeah I noticed she did sweet bugger all but serve as a distraction.
  • quadfather 13 Jun 2013 10:13:26 11,808 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Just checked what you meant, depending on how limited that ability is depends on if I keep playing. If you could use it to all of them I would 100% finish the game.

I find many areas of this game just a time waste, if you want a real hard game play ninja gaiden on Xbox. Dark souls is way easier but just seems hard because of the bonfire situation.
    I'd recommend that you beat O and S before stopping playing. Reason being that after that fight you get something that changes the dynamics of the game. At least have a butchers at that before you stop

• quadfather 13 Jun 2013 10:13:54 11,808 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - So you've rang the second bell, yes?

Heh

Hehehehehehe

:)

• Widge Moderator 13 Jun 2013 10:20:31 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, the O&S section of the game is an unusual point... almost like you have to steel yourself to push forwards. I did a lot of summoning help in that bit there.

I believe you are stuck there once you go there for the first time? Although there is THAT place you can go to. Wonder if Choppi has found it...

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deleted user 13 June 2013 10:21:01
    Oh god. What am I in for... I go through that big gate now I  think...?

I'm currently happily killing these guys in the garden. Not too hard at all now and loads of souls!
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last