Dark Souls Page 757

• Page

of 1202 First / Last

• AcidSnake 20 May 2013 08:48:54 7,278 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So something strange happened yesterday, twice...

I went up against (DLC spoiler) Kalameet and managed to take him down on my own after 20 odd minutes only to have Gough then hand me his greatbow...Only I couldn't pick it up!...And I'm sure I haven't got it in my inventory yet...It just shows me the "sack of gold" icon...
    I tried dropping my dragonslayer greatbow but nothing changed...

Also I left my white sign and after a few co-op sessions I suddenly invaded through my white sign? I spawned as a red phantom and everything...Quite strange...

Then I died and lost my 73 humanity...I ran to where I died in the invasion but nothing, then going back to the bonfire I saw my souls/humanity behind it...Not where I respawned nor where my white sign was...I'm quite confused...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Deleted user 20 May 2013 09:26:27
    AcidSnake wrote:

Also I left my white sign and after a few co-op sessions I suddenly invaded through my white sign? I spawned as a red phantom and everything...Quite strange...
    I've had that happen before now (a fair while back on X360). There must be some glitch in the matchmaking system that rears it's head every now and again is all I can put it down to.
  • AcidSnake 20 May 2013 09:34:44 7,278 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Odd...I wasn't too bothered though, the other thing displeased me more...Seems I'll never be able to get rid of that stupid Hellkite...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• jimmac 20 May 2013 10:00:11 229 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just started this a couple of days ago again after picking it up on Amazon for a fiver. Cheaper to buy the whole game again on PC than the DLC on PS3.

So, on my PS3 games of Demon and Dark Souls I've always used dexterity build with fast swords and the bows. No magic or miracles.

Wanted to try somethnig different so decided to go for a faith build. Dont know why, just fancied trying miracles.

Have dispatched Taurus, Gargoyles and Capra so far but still haven't used a single miracle, just my trusty mace.

Is it worth sticking with it or am I just going to be a mace wielding melee fighter?

Got invaded for the first time on PC, still made my heart pound when I realised what was happening. Got killed as usual even though I managed to summon some help (he died first).
  • Deleted user 20 May 2013 10:07:21
    @jimmac

Faith usually pays off at higher levels (imo). When you can cast Wrath of the Gods (28 faith iirc) and you can buff your weapon with either Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade (both 30 faith) that's where the power of faith builds exceed.

Lightning Spears are pretty useful in PvE, less so in PvP but the faith heal spells are always useful.

You can easily make a melee focused character with faith buffs to fall back upon (only 1 or 2 attunement slots required).
  • Architect_z 20 May 2013 10:36:52 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I need some opinions if possible. I used an occult rapier+5 on my faith build last night and I was kicking ass with it. Is there a better rapier to use? I wanna try Ricards Rapier+15 with my faith buffs.
    But i've heard Estoc is a sound choice aswell.
    I think all the rapiers provide a critical bonus above other weapons (even when it states 100).
  • SuperBas 20 May 2013 12:36:51 1,453 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can never seem to use cracked red eye orbs, how do I invade other people's games?
  • matrim83 20 May 2013 12:47:20 5,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    I can never seem to use cracked red eye orbs, how do I invade other people's games?
    You have to be human. Thats the big condition.

Other than that, you have to be in the level range of the area you are in. So if you are SL 60 and invading in undead burg you will very rarely find someone to invade.

Valar morghulis.

• King_Edward 20 May 2013 13:00:30 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z

I'm fairly sure a Divine Rapier does more damage than an Occult one, even with ridiculously high faith.

Ricard's Rapier is my favorite poker though. Heavy attack spamming invaders never gets old.
  • fiery_jackass 20 May 2013 13:16:32 476 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Then I died and lost my 73 humanity...I ran to where I died in the invasion but nothing, then going back to the bonfire I saw my souls/humanity behind it...Not where I respawned nor where my white sign was...I'm quite confused...
    whenever that invasion glitch happens you're invading as if you'd used a red orb, therefore your souls will have dropped where you were standing when you got the message that you were invading as a dark spirit.

the Gough thing's a bit weird. Is this an NG+ run? It's possible, I guess, that the bow is stacked underneath one of his speaky stones as you can't pick up multiples of those
  • TheRum 20 May 2013 13:16:48 12 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Had my first invasion this morning but unfortunately it was a hacker. He gave me a stupid amount of souls and also a weird egg thing on my head that couldn't be removed.

Started again now with dsfix backing up my saves every ten minutes. Just seems weird that idiots actually spend time ruining other peoples enjoyment.
  • Architect_z 20 May 2013 13:19:25 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheRum, try using an egg vermifuge or whatever they're called?
  • TheRum 20 May 2013 13:25:42 12 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was only about 2 hours in so I'm guessing that magical wotsit you speak of is quite far in. I was more annoyed with the stupid amount of souls he gave me. I want to work for my power! I even refuse to get the dragon tails sword because I read about it rather than finding it by myself.
  • TheRum 20 May 2013 13:25:44 12 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jimmac 20 May 2013 13:47:50 229 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thanks @Ironlungs76. I'll start putting all my points into Faith for a while.

Just heading into the Depths again, I hated that place first time around. Kept getting lost and going in circles, plus stupid frogs obviously.
  • Deleted user 20 May 2013 15:07:51
    Just had an amusing couple of hours in the Depths myself, Gravelording and farming for Eyes of Death.

This one poor sod felt the brunt of it but he persevered and on about the 10th attempt he managed to kill me. He sent me a msg over Live saying he thought his world was going to be infected for life :)
  • Metalfish 20 May 2013 18:30:46 8,819 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My first invasion was a bit anticlimatic -a naked bloke dancing around with a bow in each hand. I ignored the hell out of him on the way to the gargoyles, which was hard with him jumping in front of my weapons. I was rewarded with a +15 spear I refuse to use.

Is backing up my savegame a thing I should do to save against hackers?
  • Deleted user 20 May 2013 18:40:19
    @Metalfish - not sure how it works on PC but hackers are invariably dreadful at the game.

You won't get invaded if you're not in Human form and on a first playthrough the chances are you won't be in Human form too often anyhow (unless you are godly at the game ofc!).

As far as I know you can't lose anything by being invaded by a hacker (other than souls but they come and go) so I wouldn't have thought it necessary really.
  • Elathron 20 May 2013 21:24:25 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Easy way to defeat hackers? Run to the boss & use a homeward bone when inside. Or get used to kicking people off ledges, not an easy feat.
    I've had the white sign invasion glitch before too, kinda goes awry when you die trying to find your souls again. I wonder if that's ever been officially reported to From?
    Someone mentioned rapiers earlier, they're my thang :) but mainly along the enchanted/magic route. By far and large it's better to have a high level weapon buff and a +15 rapier, the damage is insane on the riposte/counter. Combine with a Hornet/Leo ring and Slumbering Dragoncrest ring and you're onto a winner. I only recommend having an occult if you have high faith over dex, and vice versa with divine. Even then use these as secondary weapons, there're enough bonfires in the single player to refresh your spells more often than you'll need. There is a downside to faith buffs however... But I can't spoiler it on my phone so don't read on if you don't want to find out lol

You can only get 1 buff spell per play through (SLB) & only ever have 1 DMB given to you by the hermaphrodite God :p

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 22 May 2013 15:07:26 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Its quiet on this forum today.
  • Elathron 22 May 2013 15:43:53 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Everyone's lamenting the incoming death of the Xbox methinks... No news about DaS II?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Dr_Mech 23 May 2013 11:22:05 1,027 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well in personal news finally completed the game in my Soul level 1 run, Think I'll turn him into a Dex/int spellblade build in NG+.
  • Deleted user 23 May 2013 11:25:20
    @Dr_Mech - congrats! Did you go pyro heavy presumably? I'll wager that you joined Daughters of Chaos to skip Centipede if that's the case?

You could just hang around in the Burg at SL1 and ruin lowbie invaders for lols :)
  • Deleted user 23 May 2013 11:30:18
    Lots and lots of Pyro spam. It's fairly straightforward as you start with 10 Str so you can at least use all the small 100% block shields/Grasscrest. The Hand Axe is decent if you get a Lightning enchant too.

SL3 sorcerer run though is rather more difficult ;)
  • Deleted user 23 May 2013 11:43:53
    Yeah it's the only one that starts at SL1. Sorcerer starts at SL3 but with worse overall starting stats.
  • Deleted user 23 May 2013 11:58:25
    Yeah that's how I became after a while. Role-playing your way through or setting yourself challenges keeps the game fresh and (more importantly imo) challenging.

SL3 Sorcerer using only the starting Dagger and no Pyro has been my toughest so far (much harder than a naked Deprived with starting gear and no pyro).
  • LeoliansBro 23 May 2013 11:59:29 44,277 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How the fuck do you kill the four kings with that?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Page

of 1202 First / Last