Registered 8 years ago
    /backflips out of range

/backflips off cliff

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• King_Edward 8 May 2013 13:02:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    Getting barer and barer nowadays :( makes me sad that I'm only really getting 1 invader at a time in Darkroot Garden now. Anyone up for some PvP practice tonight on XBL?
    Try Dark Anor Londo. Was an invasion fest on Monday while I was trying to summon a buddy to help out with Gwindolyn.
  • Elathron 8 May 2013 13:06:25 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dark Anor? I'm a bloomin level 3 DMB and can't invade with either my 156 or my 452 using that stupid ring the hemaphrodite gave me. I'll try later with my 80 but this is getting silly. The arena is kinda pointless too as there's no EXP gain from it, only bragging rights on a leaderboard that is shown nowhere?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 8 May 2013 16:07:12 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think in the arena mode, when you win, you can claim an item off someone. I.e. if they are carrying a Large titanite shard, you can steal it if you win.
    And if someone has no items, then the victor can take the persons weapons or armour.
  • Elathron 8 May 2013 23:36:09 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z That's not happened so far :confused:

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• senso-ji 8 May 2013 23:44:06 5,914 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All PvP is now done in the DLC. Forget looking for opponents elsewhere, even in the Arena.

Also, have the glitches been fixed yet? Bamco put out a press release saying the servers were going through maintenance today.
  • fiery_jackass 9 May 2013 00:07:39 476 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm getting tons of activity at SL125 in Undead Burg and Oolacile Township. Can barely clear the first five enemies in Oolacile township (anti-runner activity) before an invasion.

powerful lot of them relying on one cheap tactic or the other though. Was ever thus, but seems to be getting worse.

no fix for flicker for me tonight.
  • King_Edward 9 May 2013 06:17:00 11,454 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was invaded by a Maneater Mildred roleplayer last night. Must've thrown at least 200 dung pies at me before I got her. :)
  • Architect_z 9 May 2013 09:41:28 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wish you could give your character a beard, I'd love to play/invade as Gwynn. ^_^
  • Dr_Mech 9 May 2013 16:35:59 1,026 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm fancy taking a break from my Soul Level 1 character because...well..I miss levelling.

May go for a proper Strength/faith build, my original one was more very strength focused with enough faith to use Sunlight Blade.

Thinking of starting as a Cleric just because faith focused is something I've not done yet, I've done Strength, Sorcery and Pyromancy, tried Dex but by god starting out as one is horrible (currently soul level 17).

What Stats would you recommend capping in a Strength/Faith?

Thinking Faith as the main stat and being a Sunbro at heart enough to hurl Gwyn's lightning bolt in NG+ with Strength as Secondary and then the usual vitality, endurance and a bit of attunement.
  • romelpotter 9 May 2013 16:56:37 148 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I rolled a cleric and found it massively frustrating to start off with. My best tip, start again.

Start afresh with a new cleric and save all souls until you have enough for 25 levels.
    Then plough them all into faith and join the Warrior of the Sunlight Covenant. Then grab the Lighting Spear Miracle and save more souls to upgrade your wep of choice to Divine Wep (after defeating the huge Butterfly Boss). Then its away you go really, I am levelling the Uchigatana and finding it great for some things, but not others, its currently Divine +5 and I can hit for around 120 to 150 per hit (Quick Hit that is), 350 to 450 per backstab. I am level 59 now and have points in STR and DEX (enough to be able to use the Uchigatana).

Anyhow getting the Lighting Spear is really fun although it gets less useful as you get into Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo.

Also I am yet to have anyone summon me for Co-op so upgrading my status to gain access to the Greater Lightening Spear Miracle difficult. I keep however, getting invaded by Red Phantoms, ha.

Edited by romelpotter at 16:59:44 09-05-2013
  • Dr_Mech 9 May 2013 17:47:52 1,026 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm hoping the Faith/Strength hybrid (with greater emphasis on Faith over Strength) will allow for better combat abilities than pure Faith.

First order of business will be bump Dex up to 10 right out of the Tutorial, grab the Astora Straightsword and probably get OHKO'd by the Undead Dragon but that should give me a decent damage from the off.

Get Twinkling Titanite from the first Crystal lizard to bump it to +2 Using the blacksmith down in New Londo Ruins before hitting the Tarus Demon, kill some of the walking trees for the moss and trade that to Snuggle. It should see me through all the way upto Sens, allowing me to focus on upgrading a Zweihander or Claymore to divine status along the way.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 17:48:57 09-05-2013
  • bantamenace 9 May 2013 17:54:07 73 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Help! I'm at Orstein and Smaugh....tried MANY times to beat them. Now I've run out of Humanity for summoning. Really, really stuck!
  • pepe 9 May 2013 18:02:03 20 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    what system are you playing on and what level are you?
  • Dr_Mech 9 May 2013 18:27:40 1,026 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bantamenace wrote:
    Help! I'm at Orstein and Smaugh....tried MANY times to beat them. Now I've run out of Humanity for summoning. Really, really stuck!
    S&M is considered at least the 2nd hardest fight in the entire game (only the end boss of the DLC is considered harder, the bonus boss of the DLC is a contender but he is all about learning his moves). I must have done the fight at least 10 times but I've only ever oneshot it on my overpowered Sorcerer who could kill them in two casts of her best spell.

Use the pillars to your advantage. Try to line of sight at least one of them, Orns is easier to take out first purely because he is the most mobile and the easiest to seperate from his partner.

Smough is strong to Fire but weak to Lightning, Orns is strong to Lightning but weak to Fire. Smough gains resistance to Lightning in his superform but Orns maintains his weakness to fire in his.

Super Smough is the easier of the two because he keeps his normal moveset and is fairly predictable while Super Orns gains a whole new selection of moves.

The first time I did the fight it took me 30 minutes, you just have to wait for the opportunity to hit one of them without being punished by the other.

A high stability shield is pretty much required, the Balder shield is great for this, has the highest stability for weight out of any of the shields (the highest stability shield is the Artorias Greatshield).

This fight isn't about trial by error as virtually all the other bosses are (until the 2nd part), you have to simple be patient, wait for your moment to strike, don't swing if you're not sure you can get away with it without being punished by one of them.

What weapon/shield/armour are you using and what is your soul level?
  • SuperBas 9 May 2013 20:42:55 1,453 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just beat this for the first time, I am pleased. The final boss is piss easy when you know how to parry.
  • King_Edward 9 May 2013 21:18:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    Just beat this for the first time, I am pleased. The final boss is piss easy when you know how to parry.
    One day I will master this.
  • SuperBas 9 May 2013 21:28:07 1,453 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @King_Edward
    Most attacks are pretty simple to read. It begins with an enemy pulling his arm back to strike, and then the actual strike. During that actual strike, hit the parry button, and you will parry. Those black knights in Anor Lando are pretty easy to practice on.
  • King_Edward 9 May 2013 21:31:56 11,454 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I'll happily parry Silver knights with swords, and hollow soldiers with spears, but parrying anything that can 2 hit kill me is a bit riskier. I lack the balls and will stick to ninja flipping. :)
  • Dr_Mech 9 May 2013 23:39:48 1,026 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well things are going swimmingly!

Yeah the Astora Straight Sword beats out the Drake Sword for early game crutch with faith characters, especially at +3, around 210+ damage which is nice.

Been doing some Jolly Cooperation which both lowered the faith requirement to join the Sunbros and helping people with the Gargoyles, was quite funny since on at least 2 occasions I ended up being the meatshield for casters to hide behind.

Also..what is it with naked characters, helped two people who were stark naked, one of them was bright red and dual weilding. I'm guessing they were challenge characters.

It is quite fun seeing people who are obviously new at Dark Souls just charge into the Channelers' room, all I could picture was my character shouting out "No! Wait!" just before they did it.

Also Sunbro action with both of us hurling Lightning Spears did ridiculous damage to the Gargoyles, shaving off a third of their health every time both of us hit.

Oh and who is it I need to mock with Balder side swords again? Doing some farming and I got two of them to drop, one after the other...worse is I don't even need them so I gave one away to a host during Coop.

There is definitely something satisfying hearing the bells toll and knowing just who it is that has rung them.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 23:40:39 09-05-2013

Edited by Dr_Mech at 01:14:58 10-05-2013
  • Elathron 10 May 2013 10:04:44 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My main is laughing coz he killed O&S with the armour of thorns last night :D
    Only took an hour...

Edited by Elathron at 10:05:08 10-05-2013

• Architect_z 10 May 2013 11:10:45 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can't wait for Fast and the Furious 6
  • Elathron 10 May 2013 12:18:40 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z 6 or 12? Which one are we on now? :p

• Page

of 1201 First / Last