Dark Souls Page 752

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• INSOMANiAC 30 Apr 2013 14:30:33 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I cant get any fucker to spawn on me in the PC version, theres no one about it seems. And I wanted to bash through it to FINALLY get to play expansion.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• pepe 30 Apr 2013 14:41:46 20 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Install the dscfix and add me (pepe tugg) and I'll join you.

Edited by pepe at 14:42:43 30-04-2013
  • Elathron 30 Apr 2013 14:46:42 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FourSevenZero - The way you're doing it works if you're in a "good" cov. But the vagrants spawned don't attack so are even less obvious than the aggressive ones...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 1 May 2013 09:32:53 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sorry guys, Is anyone currently playing Demon's Souls?

I need some help.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

On a side note, my girlfriend completed dark souls yesterday. Who said the souls games were too hard. Pfft!
  • Elathron 1 May 2013 09:51:46 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - Nice, I've been trying to get my better half to try but she can't quite get the handle on not spamming attacks and leaving herself open to death by straight sword... handle...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• FourSevenZero 1 May 2013 10:03:06 82 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron Cheers mate, I am a Sunbro so good to know I might have created some somewhere :D

On a side note this graphical glitch on the PS3 is a pain in the arse, have had to put a co-op playthrough on hold it was so bad last night, everything is flickering and you can't see spells or health bars, what is going on??
  • Architect_z 1 May 2013 10:14:44 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - My girl had that issue. At first, She thought full on assault was the best way. I told her to enter boss fight, don't attack, and see how long you can last by just rolling. She got the hang of it, there was still some attack spamming at times, but due to the mass of endurance upgrades/equipment I told her to use, she was able to roll at the last second if the boss was attacking.
    Its always funny hearing "tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap" from the person spamming the R1 button, and looking and seeing someone with an angry & determined face, sitting forward, wishing for glory through button bashing. ^_^

Edited by Architect_z at 10:15:16 01-05-2013
  • Elathron 1 May 2013 14:18:14 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Goodfella - Have you cleared your cache and re-DL'd the DLC/patches? My buddy is having no issues on PS3 but he only recently got the game so all the patches just came on fresh, rather than patching over the previous patch that had patched over.... and so on.

• Elathron 1 May 2013 16:11:33 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My buddy is playing online, getting invaded, has the PTD edition of the game, it updated one patch at start. I'll give him a shout tonight and ask if he's having any issues not previously seen :confused: perhaps it's summit to do with all demz hakkerz...

• Architect_z 2 May 2013 09:30:28 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Beat the Flamelurker first time, I cannot believe it, it took me like 20/30 tries on my first playthrough.

Anyone who hasnt played Demons Souls, seriously play it, its fluffing brilliant. ^_^

I know this is the Dark Souls forum, but I had to tell somebody!
  • PenguinJim 2 May 2013 09:40:54 5,854 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    OK, everyone was right - knife dual-wielding is rubbish! I expect that means that dual-wielding in general is rubbish, unless you're dual-wielding shields. :p

Tried Velka's Rapier for my sorcerer-with-dex, and it was effective enough for me to keep using it (rather than using the lightning spear again). At 36 Int 20 Dex it was nice, but then I got to the Giant and found Velka's Rapier was twinkly-upgradeable! At +5 it's a real beast. Can't see it being replaced for some time. *Think* it's A for Int, C or D for Dex scaling, which suits me.

O&S went down super-fast. :D Homing soul mass + Soul Spear is nice. Really enjoying this magic build. Finally replaced that crimson robe hat with a gargoyle helmet to increase my physical and lightning defense, and to stop looking like the guy from Magicka, but keeping the Crimson Robe and Skirt (also twinkly-upgradeable. Ahhh, you new players won't remember the pain of farming/sourcing twinkling titanite before the Giant was patched to sell it).
  • King_Edward 2 May 2013 09:45:57 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They patched that in? I knew it felt easier to get hold of now than when I was trying to +5 my Catarina set.
  • Elathron 2 May 2013 10:03:15 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @PenguinJim - Velka's rapier also deals occult damage, meaning it scales better against living enemies. Bosses, dragons and other players mainly? Try 2Hing it for better DPS as you can roll in/out and stab before the enemy has a chance to react.

• Dr_Mech 2 May 2013 10:58:19 1,024 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alright motherlovers, after a much extended break from Dark Souls (due to burnout..completed the game 6 times within the space of about a month) I'm now back and bringing it in style.

Soul Level 1 run biotches.

Going well so far, got upto Anor Londo now and dreading Pikachu and Snorlax. Kept my Pyromancers starting armour and got it to a point where it needs chunks, got a +5 Fire club (because I find the idea of beating someone to death with what is essentially a flaming torch hilarious) and using the Heater shield. Rings I'm using the FAP ring and Steel Protection and my Pyromancy glove is +12.

Was surprised how quickly I burned through it, while certainly not a speed run took me about 5 hours to go from start to Anor Londo (mostly due to detours like getting a fire club and going back to the Asylum).

Most difficult fight so far was Stray demon. I don't think I've ever had a character hit for a massive 29 damage on that boss (with Regular club +5 at the time). The fight took AAAAAGGGEEES.
  • PenguinJim 2 May 2013 11:03:57 5,854 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ooh, I hadn't realised about the occult damage. Thanks. :) I'm a bit of a shield whore, rarely 2Hing, but I'll try to use it more.

I've been using the Grass Crest Shield for the adequate stats, low-ish weight and useful stamina regen - is there a better shield for a sorcerer? Like... an Attunement Shield? :D Or something..?
  • Dr_Mech 2 May 2013 11:15:40 1,024 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    During my Sorcerer run I was using the Balder Knight Shield because it offers pretty much the best stability for the weight out of any shield in the game and has a pretty low stat requirement.

If you use the 'massive overpowered in regular game' equipment build, stuff usually dies before you need to block (on bosses).

Dusk Crown, Bellowing Dragonscrest ring + Power Within = bosses dead with about 6 shots of Homing Soulmass or about 4 Crystal homing Soulmass (or two of the DLC version of Homing Soulmass).

Be warned though, the DLC bosses are heavily magic resistant as I found out, my Strength/Faith build (Demons Greataxe, Greatshield of Artorias, Full set of Solaire gear) had a much easier time of it. Especially with the Power Within/Sunblade combo.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 11:16:35 02-05-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 2 May 2013 11:24:46 17,062 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    For my sorcerer I tended to use a mixture of the Balder shield, Spider shield or one that slips my mind. All of them fairly low weight but I always find it important to have 100%.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Elathron 2 May 2013 11:38:08 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just found out the MLGS adds 40 to your magic defence, interesting.

• matrim83 2 May 2013 11:39:59 5,587 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Anyone been watching DarkSide Phil with his return to Dark Souls?

This video cracks me up, his laugh makes me laugh. He gets 'trolled' by another player when trying to fight Manus.
    Yeah been following this. Really funny stuff, esp if you happen to catch it live on Twitch, he gets salty as fuck and keeps blaming the game and its hilarious.

Favorite part was when he defeated Paladin Leroy Dark Spirit in ToTG and thought that was some invading player and not an NPC.

Valar morghulis.

• PenguinJim 2 May 2013 11:58:18 5,854 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know what y'all mean about the 100% physical - this is the first time I've had a shield without, and found it surprisingly OK. I might keep my stamina regen at the expense of the occasional sliver of lost health for the moment, then, if the boring :p Balder Shield is the only good alternative.
  • Architect_z 3 May 2013 11:03:52 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @PenguinJim - My preference is 2-hand weapon, grass crest on back for endurance increase.

But it depends what you want your shield for. If you want it to simply block attacks, go for a great shield for good defence. If you want to parry, choose a very small shield, if you want something that does a bit of both, choose a medium shield.

PvP is where shield choice is slightly more important, I think the normal crest shield is totally lame, however I need one for PvP because alot of people are using dark magic which to me is pretty overpowered.
  • Mr_Sleep 3 May 2013 11:49:18 17,062 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    I know what y'all mean about the 100% physical - this is the first time I've had a shield without, and found it surprisingly OK. I might keep my stamina regen at the expense of the occasional sliver of lost health for the moment, then, if the boring :p Balder Shield is the only good alternative.
    I think it's okay to use one that isn't 100% if you are more likely to be dodging rather than blocking. I actually think at my skill level now it would help me to use a stamina regen shield. Then again, I almost always have the Colorathy ring on so regen is usually fine.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Widge Moderator 3 May 2013 12:43:32 13,561 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Presumably cause they went multi-platform?
    I'm assuming that. Getting to grips with delivering over 2 platforms. Hoping they now have the skills to deliver the goods across 3.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Page

of 1201 First / Last