Dark Souls Page 750

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• Dangerous_Dan 29 Apr 2013 08:06:16 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    His sunlight sword is on par with an iaito but it takes 40 strength and 40 dexterity at upgrade-level +15.

It's fun to look like a low level player in the Burg with a normal sword in hand while invaders are in for a nice surprise when they engage you.

But I agree it's all about RP, always has been.
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 08:12:38
    @Goodfella

I've seen this too, it's the latest game hack. You can be "invaded" by a white phantom to help you out despite not clicking on any summon sign.

Example seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVNPXjGVYac
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 08:16:22
    Not sure if using Black Separation Crystal banishes them though :(
  • convercide 29 Apr 2013 09:07:17 6,032 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather The balder side sword is my main's weapon. Invaluable. Unbelievably fast with a great secondary attack. I fluked it early on but have never got another to drop.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Deleted user 29 April 2013 09:52:14
    Broken Sword Hilt FTW
  • senso-ji 29 Apr 2013 10:08:06 5,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Gargoyle Halberd is a beauty. At +15 and 40 dex and str, it deals more base damage than a +5 Black Knight Halberd, weighs only 6.0, is buff-able and gives you 25% more resistance to bleeding, poison and toxin.
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 10:09:36
    Isn't that the Gargoyle Tail Axe (the bendy one?). Not used either to any degree but I thought only the tail axe gave you the status resistances?
  • LeoliansBro 29 Apr 2013 10:13:46 44,246 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I always liked the Estoc. Great reach for such a super quick sword and striking from behind your shield is nice to have as well.

Problem is I'm all about landing a one hit kill, so Zweihander always wins out for me in the end.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Architect_z 29 Apr 2013 10:18:57 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I actually decided to upgrade the Dragonking Great Axe. Its an absolute beast. Theres no stat scaling. but the base damage is huge, the 2h-R2 attack is a stupidly powerful AoE attack, and to finish it off, if can be buffed aswell!!! This weapon eats bosses or groups of enemies. Its amazing!
  • fiery_jackass 29 Apr 2013 11:00:07 476 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Some weird shit last night.
    there's some ass-hat on the PC that's got a hack running allowing him to invade as a White Phantom and kill your NPCs e.g. Giant Blacksmith. Can also create all manner of shenanigans such as spawning black phantom variants of Bosses and so forth. Best advice seems to be to back up your save files

Edited by fiery_jackass at 11:00:28 29-04-2013
  • quadfather 29 Apr 2013 11:19:33 12,152 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be fair, I don't use the bss much nowadays. It's always been about style over substance for me :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• fiery_jackass 29 Apr 2013 11:42:58 476 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    a question I ask myself almost every night on PvP.

will confess to some delight the time that I scampered off into the Burg with three gankers in hot pursuit, resulting in the host aggroing the Merchant with his Wrath spam. Hope that ended badly for him. Poor little Yulia.
  • Elathron 29 Apr 2013 11:47:38 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can the MLGS be buffed in line with the other Dragon weapons??? Just had a very alarming thought about CMW on it....

Edited by Elathron at 11:47:53 29-04-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 29 Apr 2013 12:07:58 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - Its wierd with some of the weapons. The Black Knight halberd cannot be buffed, or the Silver Knight spear..But the silver knight straight sword can be?

I also found it odd that the dragon tooth can be buffed aswell. I know dragon bone fist can be buffed and the dragon great king axe. I'm assuming the dragon great sword can be buffed too. But its best not to assume, it makes an ass of u and me.
    (Sorry thats really bad).

As for MLGS, i'd expect you can't, but not 100%
  • Elathron 29 Apr 2013 12:16:39 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Indeedy, I haven't come across a Dragon Weapon that cannot be buffed yet which is why I found it a little odd. Even the Obsidian Greatsword can be buffed to good effect. Also, do any buffs affect the R2 power attacks and the damage that they deal? That would make the Dargon Weapons actually worth uising.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• senso-ji 29 Apr 2013 12:57:44 5,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Isn't that the Gargoyle Tail Axe (the bendy one?). Not used either to any degree but I thought only the tail axe gave you the status resistances?
    No, the Gargoyle tail axe is the one you get for cutting off the Gargoyle tail. The Gargoyle halberd is a rare drop for killing the Gargoyles outright (Although I believe it's now a guaranteed drop from the Gargoyles in Anor Londo).

Edited by senso-ji at 13:06:47 29-04-2013
  • Widge Moderator 29 Apr 2013 14:18:07 13,593 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Why would Lake know?
    :)

I meant Ash Lake obviously...
    Amusingly... I have never been there. Completely missed that section.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Dangerous_Dan 29 Apr 2013 14:24:25 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wasn't that fixed in the latest patch?
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 15:30:59
    senso-ji wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    No, the Gargoyle tail axe is the one you get for cutting off the Gargoyle tail. The Gargoyle halberd is a rare drop for killing the Gargoyles outright (Although I believe it's now a guaranteed drop from the Gargoyles in Anor Londo).
    Yeah I know what weapon you're on about, I just didn't realise that the halberd gave the same resistances as the tail axe did. Will have to give it a whirl some time.
  • Azazel 29 Apr 2013 20:24:34 726 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The move set of the gargoyle halberd is also excellent - and it's incredibly fast. One of the best weapons in the game I'd say.
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 20:35:54
    Goodfella wrote:
    It puzzled the hell out of Lobos in that video, lol.

He's a bloody good PvE player though, didn't he have the world record for a speed run?
    AFAIK he holds several (the shield only one for sure) but never the global one. I just find it interesting to pick up on some of his challenges and do them myself. Other than the blindfolded game I think I'm exhausted.

My SL3 sorcerer game was somewhat inspired by him, but I finished 75mins faster than him.....
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last