Dark Souls Page 749

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• Elathron 25 Apr 2013 14:42:07 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Black Iron armour is king against Kalameeet, use a shield like Artorias's or Havel's. Sure you'll be encumbered if you have regular END, but you'll have a nice amount of protection/poise vs. everything he can throw your way. Alternatively use the Black Knight set and a shield of medium weight, but if he hits you when you're cursed then good luck surviving it!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• geeza2020 25 Apr 2013 16:16:42 1,857 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My attributes might be a bit off as I started just focusing on dex for the weapons, and put whatevers left in vit/end. At the mo DEX 45 VIT30 & END also 30. I've pretty much ignored the other stats apart from attunement so I could get 5 spell slots. I dont think any pyro spells are of any use against Kalameet, apart from maybe flash sweat?
  • geeza2020 25 Apr 2013 17:31:18 1,857 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, just tried a few more times and I have to say, fuck Kalameet. I admit defeat. I cant see any way of beating him without just pouring souls into vit & end which just feele cheap compared with some of the earlier boss battles. He hits too hard and his reach is too long. Pyro spells are useless and bows even more so, so melee it is. Which is where he fucks me every time. Right, which way to Manus?
  • Elathron 25 Apr 2013 17:43:58 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @geeza2020 If you didn't like Kalameet then Manus will annoy you yet more! With Kalameet it shouldn't be a problem to tank him. Just watch for the opening and make sure you have a lightning weapon as a 2ndary

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 26 Apr 2013 10:04:16 2,302 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Manus is easily the most annoying boss. Kalameet is freaking hard though.

OK geeza2020, try-

Gold-hemmed set (for fire defence / light armour)
    Grass crest shield (for magic defence / stamina)
    Uchigatana+15
    Lightning Pine resin.
    Pyro: Power Within.
    Rings: Speckled Stoneplate ring // Clorathy ring

Might give you a sweet diversity of attacks for a dex character.
    Make sure you have shed loads of estus flasks. You're gonna need em.

Edited by Architect_z at 10:05:02 26-04-2013
  • fiery_jackass 26 Apr 2013 11:36:01 372 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    starting to get some problems with hackers on the PS3. I believe that this is linked to Dom's Mega Mule. Infinite HP, infinite rolling, mad damage etc etc. I hope they all get leprosy.
  • geeza2020 26 Apr 2013 13:24:21 1,857 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z thanks for the tips. Using a similar set up to your suggested one I did manage to beat Kalameet last night in the end. I just wasn't rolling in the right way lol. I was so tense while fighting him that I was sprinting around the arena and jumping into his attacks like a dumbass instead of rolling away! On to Manus now, I fought him once last night, got a single hit in and was then brutally tossed around the place like a rag doll :) gonna take a few goes methinks...
  • Architect_z 26 Apr 2013 13:55:30 2,302 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @geeza2020 - Good stuff, well played. As for Manus you're on your own, I don't have any great tips. I tried to kill him with my best player, and he just seems to have an insane amount of HP, either that or he's completley resistant to all my attacks. I dunno.
  • Architect_z 26 Apr 2013 15:11:24 2,302 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hate to admit it, but I did aswell. I've tried to many times to kill him myself, I think even after I summoned 2 other people, the fight took a good 20 minutes.
  • geeza2020 26 Apr 2013 15:24:38 1,857 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is Manus tougher than the final boss of the main game then? Crikey.
  • Elathron 26 Apr 2013 15:46:14 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @geeza2020 - Manus is like 4 kings and gwyn had some freaky titanite demon baby. It's not a pretty sight.

Edited by Elathron at 15:46:23 26-04-2013

• OneLove. 26 Apr 2013 19:14:29 10 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    First playthrough as a bandit. Just been lifted to the bonfire by a giant crow.

Says in the wiki that I should have a spider shield in my initial equipment, but I don't see it. Was I supposed to pick it up somewhere?
  • fiery_jackass 26 Apr 2013 19:50:44 372 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    should have picked it up near the cell where you started off. There is a way back to the Asylum but at a low soul level it could get rather... complicated. Best not.

You'll get a chance to pick one up in The Depths a bit later on. In the meantime you'll soon get a chance to buy a different shield: don't really need the Spider's winning feature until after The Depths when you're tackling Blighttown.
  • KinkyDragon 27 Apr 2013 23:12:00 5 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Hey can any one give me a darkwraith armor set on xbox, im level 118 and i'll give microsoft points and an item from my inventory in return, my gamertag is MasterNinja2015
  • PenguinJim 28 Apr 2013 02:39:42 5,455 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My main 360 character was a big, heavy but fairly agile fighter with pyromancy, and my PC character was an agile but fairly heavy fighter with pyromancy, I thought I'd try a proper sorcerer class.

Started as pyromancer anyway (I always do, with Master Key), thinking I'd be able to get spellage as soon as I reached Firelink, but couldn't find any and couldn't remember where there was any, so I just plodded on. After five hours I'd rung a bell and found my first catalyst and two spells. Sixth hour in Blighttown turned up some REALLY nice (twinkly-upgradeable!) red magey robes. It looks a bit like I'm playing Magicka, but the gear is great. (Also picked up a Baldur Side Sword without trying for one, which is sure to annoy some people :D)

As this'll be a high-INT high-DEX character (a sort of spellrogue), I have this dream of catalyst/shield and knife/knife set. Any recommendations for a good offhand knife? Or recommendations against doing such a thing?

Oh, and I got that tin catalyst in Blighttown (wasn't it?) too, and loved that until I got my lightning spear. Spells + reasonable thwacky damage! \o/
  • King_Edward 28 Apr 2013 07:26:02 11,454 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd find an off hand knife impossible to recommend. The one in your let hand would just be wasted.
  • PenguinJim 28 Apr 2013 09:39:36 5,455 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Noooo! I played with a scythe for a few hours in my last playthrough. I want DOUBLE KNIVES! Or double small swords! It's called the Baldur SIDE SWORD, shouldn't it be in my left hand? Or the parrying dagger or something? I don't think I've ever actually parried in DS. D:

I might farm for a second Baldur Side Sword and try two of them at the same time. I've also got the shotel, which might be worth trying out. And I'm about to get some tail from Priscilla. Or I could go to the Undead Burg and farm some bandit knives...
  • PenguinJim 28 Apr 2013 12:45:46 5,455 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oooh, that would look good! Still some ways off, though, as I've got the O&S wall ahead of me soon. Well, they're always a wall for me. Hours and hours of agony, usually. Hopefully they'll insta-die on contact with Soul Spear. I'm being optimistic.
  • quadfather 28 Apr 2013 13:46:16 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fucking balder side sword drop rate for other people ffs

/mumbles

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 28 Apr 2013 14:29:49 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuck off :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Elathron 28 Apr 2013 20:45:18 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Quaddy still has troubles with the bane of his life... A good side dagger isn't the parrying one, you're better off having the gold tracer in your left and the silver tracer in your right. That way you can take advantage of the increased critical damage as well as looking "cool" :cool:

• King_Edward 29 Apr 2013 07:48:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there any benefit to Solaire's equipment at all? I have his sword up to +10 now and it still does an almost pointless amount of damage.
  • Ironlungs76 29 Apr 2013 07:51:40 4,930 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The benefit to be able to RP as Solaire? Damage is overrated, it's all about the RP these days.
  • King_Edward 29 Apr 2013 07:55:39 11,454 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That is the biggest payoff. I need to get in the sunlight covenant and do it properly.
  • Page

of 1190 First / Last