Dark Souls Page 748

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 24 Apr 2013 09:05:56 13,593 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm going to do a spell based character for DS2. Really fancy going for that over my light armoured rogue type. By the time I get to the end of the game, I always start wanting to drift over to magic, so why not go that way first. Get a modicum of strength for a good enchant weapon and then magic it up!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Elathron 24 Apr 2013 10:09:46 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hope they make some perks so to speak, I know that sounds backwards, but something that is auxilliary (and only does the smallest of buffs) would suit the series really well. Say you join a co-op covenant, your perk would be a buff to healing spells (perhaps 10% better heal?). And a thief/assassin based cov would have a 5% increased critical or ninja flips...
    Either way, don't make the buffs have a massive effect, just enough to be a slight benefit which runs parallel to your chosen alignment?

Edited by Elathron at 10:19:50 24-04-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• mumtoucher 24 Apr 2013 10:46:08 285 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DSCfix is totally awesome right!!
  • AcidSnake 24 Apr 2013 11:04:04 7,275 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I always imagined personalising weapons a bit more...Maybe being able with a lot of effort to smash the rare weapons and use tiny bits of them...
    So you could smash the Server and reforge one of it's pieces into another weapon giving you an ever so slight HP return when you damage someone, but less than Server would and maybe debuffing something else...

I need a greatsword with stamina recovery you see?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Elathron 24 Apr 2013 11:31:22 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @AcidSnake - Indeed, stamina recovery would be a very helpful tool, I think they made it purposefully difficult to buff that stat. Green herbs don't really cut the mustard as you can't use another buff on top, the best is the Grass Crest Shield as you can wear it on your back for a modest weight. Enchanted armour would be nice too, some additional magic/lightning defence for the encumbered among us...
    But this is conjecture for the DaSII thread haha!

Edited by Elathron at 11:31:48 24-04-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• TenderChicken 24 Apr 2013 12:42:29 1,137 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Accessing the DLC is quite the effort! I didn't even know the Darkroot area with that Hydra existed - and I've just killed Seath the Scaleless.

PSN: TenderChicken
    Xbox Live: TenderChicken1

• Widge Moderator 24 Apr 2013 13:32:55 13,593 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And thus the joy of Dark Souls. Poking around through a door to find yourself peeling away the veil of a new area.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• AcidSnake 24 Apr 2013 13:33:28 7,275 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ask Lake...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• SomaticSense 24 Apr 2013 13:41:42 8,321 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why would Lake know?
  • Elathron 24 Apr 2013 14:01:45 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are we talking the Undead Prince Riccard Lake? Who, after taking out wannabe kinghts, runs his own talk show with the snakemen in Sen's?

• LeoliansBro 24 Apr 2013 14:03:19 44,245 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How do you kill that fecking chimaera from the DLC?

(If I was being honest, it would be 'how do you damage it...?)

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• TenderChicken 24 Apr 2013 14:11:55 1,137 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any 'light' armour recommendations? Currently rocking the 'crimson' set.

• King_Edward 24 Apr 2013 14:14:14 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dingy Robe is good. The other other Dingy stuff's a bit naff though.
  • SomaticSense 24 Apr 2013 14:18:09 8,321 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I personally loved the bandit set (found on the hellish bridge with all the mini-drakes) fused with pieces of Jerimiah's fetching yellow number and black leather. I think it's technically 'medium', but it's towards the lower end of the category IIRC.

I think Lake'll probably have a more knowledgeable opinion on the subject though. You should ash him...

Edited by SomaticSense at 14:22:24 24-04-2013
  • TenderChicken 24 Apr 2013 14:21:01 1,137 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Goodfella I've heard good things! I'm a pyro so it's a good fit. I think Demon Ruins is my next stop anyway

• Architect_z 24 Apr 2013 14:41:37 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I used the bandit set quite a bit, its a decent light armour set, but i'd imagine theres probably better. What I normally do, is have a special head piece (mask of the father/mother/son or dusk crown) and then heavy chest, and light everything else. Makes you look like a badass while also making you quite formidable and light on your feet. Hope this helps. ^_^
  • Elathron 24 Apr 2013 14:41:38 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wanderer Cloak, Elite Knight Gauntlets, Black Leather Boots & either the wanderer hood or the Thief mask for the win... That gives a nice, all-round defence at less than 10 weight if I remember rightly?

• LeoliansBro 24 Apr 2013 14:45:52 44,245 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Light armour tends to be a bit more role-specific doesn't it?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Mr_Sleep 24 Apr 2013 14:48:49 17,067 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    I personally loved the bandit set (found on the hellish bridge with all the mini-drakes) fused with pieces of Jerimiah's fetching yellow number and black leather. I think it's technically 'medium', but it's towards the lower end of the category IIRC.
    That's what I used, in combination wit the crimson robe skirt thing, Big Hat and the wanderer gloves. Not a bad combo.

You are a factory of sadness.

• AcidSnake 24 Apr 2013 14:55:08 7,275 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Why would Lake know?
    :)

I meant Ash Lake obviously...

• Elathron 24 Apr 2013 19:43:21 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just thinking back again, blue titanite is gained in the Crystal Garden fairly easily? Failing that, Darkroot Basin is a safer but longer option. Another build people rarely play is yonder mage-assassin, using all the concealment spells on offer can be quite rewarding as you can pretty much evade every mob along the way to a certain location. Just pick up Hush from Sen's/Lingering Dragoncrest Ring and you'll be well away. This class benefits the most from the Thieves Dagger/Hornet ring combo if you use CMW...

• geeza2020 24 Apr 2013 21:02:37 1,887 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Any tips for Kalameet? Summons seem tough to find nearby, and the one time I did get one, he was burned to death instantly :) Im wearing the gold-hemmed set and a crest shield for the fire def, and a +15 Iato. SL 94
  • AcidSnake 24 Apr 2013 21:34:05 7,275 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think after having challenged and failed kalameet you can talk to Gough and he'll wound it for you...Otherwise if you manage to gain about 30 soul levels you can try summoning me :)

• Architect_z 25 Apr 2013 09:08:03 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @geeza2020 - Have you spoken to gough?

Summons are normally found before you head down the hill to take on the dogs. Speak to gough tho.
    Kalameet is a dousche though. Good luck

Edited by Architect_z at 09:14:26 25-04-2013
  • geeza2020 25 Apr 2013 13:15:47 1,887 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I spoke to Gough and got the cutscene where he shoots Kalameet out the sky, allowing you to fight him on the ground - he still kicks my ass though. I'm tempted to just try the Four Kings trick - Havels armour, grass crest shield on back and hammer away with a two handed weapon. Not sure it would work though, considering how much he moves about the place.... stay still and let me kill you goddamnit! :D

I really have come to love this game, like no other. While trying to beat Kalameet last night, I had one of those 'moments' and started shouting at the screen and swearing, while sitting there with my flatmate:
    Me:"Aaarrgh I dont see how you're supposed to beat this crazy motherf*cker!!"
    Flatmate:"Yeah, its almost like your fighting a massive fire breathing dragon on your own or something"
    *silence*
    :D
  • pepe 25 Apr 2013 13:24:06 20 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I could help out if you're playing on the PC, I have a lvl 83 build for post O&S co-op.
  • Architect_z 25 Apr 2013 14:19:57 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Me:"Aaarrgh I dont see how you're supposed to beat this crazy motherf*cker!!"
    Flatmate:"Yeah, its almost like your fighting a massive fire breathing dragon on your own or something"
    *silence*
    :D
    ^ lol
    True dat.

Erm i'd say. Armour preferably light to evade and get more hits in.
    A shield with good magic and fire defence if you can find one. (think I used the eagle shield?)
    Weapon - Dragontooth works, it also boosts your magic and fire defence.

Depends on your character
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last