Dark Souls Page 741

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• Tricky 20 Mar 2013 15:00:49 4,485 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Tricky wrote:
    (plus my PC at work blew up so I haven't been able to play it at lunchtime on the shitty 'pool' laptop that I've been having to use).
    You can play Dark Souls at work!?
    :-)

We do make game peripherals so it's kind of a Busman's Holiday but... yeah.

It does also highlight how fantastic Dark Soul's online play/syncing is - I can quit the game and pick up on my home PC with my character in the exact same place that I left him in.
  • Architect_z 20 Mar 2013 15:44:31 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What kind of peripherals
  • Tricky 20 Mar 2013 17:03:25 4,485 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    All kinds - I work for Mad Catz
  • Deleted user 21 March 2013 14:41:14
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 21 March 2013 19:17:17
    Hey guys, just got to Anor Londo for the first time! After months of not playing it seems i'm hooked again! I'm hoping there's a bonfire closer to the part with the two archers who knock you off straight away, as it's taking me ages each time to get there from the bonfire with the Fire Keeper :(
  • King_Edward 21 Mar 2013 19:21:40 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's a (slightly) closer bonfire at the bottom of the rotating staircase.
  • puddleduck 21 Mar 2013 20:20:54 1,854 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can run all the way to the archers as well if you're getting bored of killing everything on route.

Edited by puddleduck at 20:21:29 21-03-2013
  • puddleduck 21 Mar 2013 21:08:28 1,854 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Once you know how to take on the Archers, they're really easy. Just get to the one on the right as quick as possible, roll through any arrows he fires at you, and then parry him when he gets his sword out and OHKO him reposte. Then go kill the other one because he used to piss me off :p
  • King_Edward 21 Mar 2013 21:19:58 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I stopped failing it when I realised you get pushed back in the opposite direction to what you're facing, rather than the direction the arrow hits you. Block with the Havel Shield, smush with the Dragon Tooth.
  • puddleduck 21 Mar 2013 23:19:21 1,854 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know, more a tip for anyone lucky enough to be new to the game ;)
  • Architect_z 23 Mar 2013 13:45:53 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Throw dung pie at the archers. Thats the only way to get past that bit in Anor Londo. Make sure they eat it aswell, lots of chewing!
  • Deleted user 23 March 2013 14:13:36
    Done Anor Londo! Killed O&S (with two others, first time) and I kinda wish i'd tried it by myself as i don't feel i deserved the victory :( Just entered the Painting World, I'm now obsessed with the game..
  • Elathron 23 Mar 2013 14:19:36 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @WaitingJohn - Well done with O&S. There's no shame in summoning help!!! Along with the 4 Kings and The Bed of Chaos (for uber-cheese reasons - you'll see), they rank as some of the hardest bosses I've come across in a game.
    Have fun in the painted world, make sure you don't miss any of the loot as some of it is kinda vital to the MP element of the game.
    Havne't been on Dark Souls in a while now, the MP was beginning to stagnate a little with all the hackers floating about. Has it changed in the last 2 months or is it still a hotbed of Jtags?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 23 Mar 2013 16:15:37 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've never come a across a hacker, done over 500 invasions and have been invaded countless times and never had a hacker.
    I am on PS3 mind.

I can't quite understand people hacking on this game, surely it would be really boring.
  • Azazel 23 Mar 2013 17:29:37 726 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You'd think that with hacking in any game really, and yet thus it has always been and will doubtless continue until the end of time...

I've encountered only one hacker in Dark Souls so far in several hundred hours of play - not too bad all things considered.
  • puddleduck 23 Mar 2013 19:01:54 1,854 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought it was pretty much limited to the 360, the home of the delightful teenage gamer :p
  • Mr_Sleep 23 Mar 2013 20:39:56 17,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    I thought it was pretty much limited to the 360, the home of the delightful teenage gamer :p
    Yeah, I haven't had any on the PC where you'd expect it to be rife. I even played through later than release and in all the early areas I was invaded by cheese bags but not hackers.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Koshares 23 Mar 2013 22:11:27 16 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Had a long break from gaming but just picked up an xbox for some Tomb Raider frolics and snared a copy of the prepare to die edition of this for the paltry sum of £7.99! Right, I know full well this game is as hard as nails and will no doubt chew me up and spit me back out but I'm going to give it a go if nothing else. Anyway, I'm sure it's been asked a 1000 times before but I'm going to ask again can somebody point me in the direction of the best class to start with being a total newcomer (never played Demon Souls) have heard conflicting stuff and would like some decent advice. Cheers. :)
  • quadfather 23 Mar 2013 22:34:53 13,360 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup, \\nd erx im drhnjk

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• puddleduck 23 Mar 2013 22:41:36 1,854 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    First playthrough, either Pyromancer or Knight. Don't ignore vitality and endurance. Level up weapons/armour as well as character. Explore everywhere. If it's too hard, try a different route. Keep your shield up (but put it down when you can as stamina recovers quicker). Equip burden will effect your ability to dodge roll... aaaand go :)
  • FourSevenZero 23 Mar 2013 23:00:26 82 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd go Pyro for the extra fire power :) or cleric for the Heal miracle. Definitely take the master key and remember Pine Resin is your friend :D
  • Mr_Sleep 23 Mar 2013 23:09:04 17,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, the heal miracle is incredibly useful for the first 50% of the game especially as bonfire kindling is a bit of a mystery early on and health can be hard to maintain, especially before learning when and when not to block. Although it does kind of mean you go down the faith class, which isn't necessarily the best option. Although faith mixed with melee is pretty decent.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 23:19:53 23-03-2013

• Koshares 23 Mar 2013 23:18:40 16 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks for the advice chaps...I'm swaying towards the pyro methinks.
  • Mr_Sleep 23 Mar 2013 23:32:25 17,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd say if you take nothing else from the advice on offer then focus on endurance. It dictates stamina and equipment load which are both absolutely key as stamina dictates how much you can block and equipment load dictates how fast you move, as well as how much and what type of armour you can wear. Stamina is probably more important than vitality really as your task is to not get hit :-)

I'd say for every other level you want to be putting one into endurance with the odd vitality here and there, at least the first twenty levels or so, then you can go more towards your chosen type of characters' stats. A lot of it is to do with the weapons, shield and armour you want.

Oh and if something looks properly bad ass then it probably is and so treat them with respect :-)

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 23:33:16 23-03-2013

• Architect_z 24 Mar 2013 16:29:32 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Agree with Mr_Sleep.

Basically, for any new players:

-Block (you can block more than you imagine, keep an eye on the green bar, allow for your stamina to regenerate)

-Attack (do not get too greedy when attacking, allow for your stamina to regenerate.)

-Evade (if you run out of stamina during blocking/attacking, or you are stunned by an attack, use the roll to evade the next attack, you may not have enough stamina to block the next enemy attack.)

-Strength/Dex (in this game, its best to choose one or the other, if you are thinking of using magic/faith/pyro and fast light weapons and simple shields, level up Dexterity. If you want to have massive powerful weapons and weild huge shields that barely dent your stamina, go for strength.)

-Explore (you can find special weapons,magic,items and even materials for upgrading your equipment.Exploring is key and you'll enjoy the experience more. Also you can find different or secret areas.)

Edited by Architect_z at 16:29:57 24-03-2013
  • Deleted user 24 March 2013 17:16:41
    How many hours of my life am I looking at losing to this ?

Only at the Taurus Demon so far...
  • Lotos8ter 24 Mar 2013 17:31:57 2,366 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    How many hours of my life am I looking at losing to this ?
    Probably about 30h
    Unless it really gets it teeth into you and then you're probably looking at 300+hours over several characters...

Fiat Lux

• Page

of 1218 First / Last