Dark Souls Page 738

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 8 Mar 2013 17:47:32 16,933 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    (The one at Firelink Shrine always gives you 10, so you don't need to kindle that one initially.)
    Just a quick note, this is true of any bonfires that are attached to a Firekeeper. So Anor Londo will also give you 10.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Mr_Sleep 8 Mar 2013 17:50:17 16,933 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't remember but don't kindling's also transfer over to NG+ and also if you rest at a fire that someone else has just kindled you gain extra flasks. I think. Something along those lines anyway.

• Puppaz 8 Mar 2013 18:39:42 323 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kindlings do transfer to NG, also if someone kindles everyone? active in the area get an extra flask up to their own max I think, you hear a sound like the bonfire activating noise.

Trying out a helpful sunbro faith/dex build with no endurance. Going well so far. If anyone around lvl 30 needs a hand with any boss/area on PC let me know...
  • Lotos8ter 10 Mar 2013 09:04:57 2,355 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I'm addicted, just bought this on PS3 and using a "glass cannon" build with 40 Dex but only 12 Vitality and a +15 Uchigatana. Had a fair amount of trouble with O&S for the first time in a while, got one shotted rolling into a lightning bolt and then lost 36K souls getting twatted on the way back with the Temple Knight and Silver Knight Archer combo.
    Won my first invasion and toying with the idea of going for a Platinum to go with my 1000G.

/need humanity

Fiat Lux

• Deleted user 10 March 2013 09:56:23
    Praise the sun!
  • TOOTR 13 Mar 2013 18:05:29 9,526 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/13/getting-dark-souls-all-wrong/

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Azazel 13 Mar 2013 20:56:27 726 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Old story, happened a month or two ago.

So I was going through Anor Londo towards O&S - two summons in tow.

I get invaded. The dude is invincible, like really obviously hacking. He takes out both my co-op pals.

He just stands there and let's me backstab him ineffectually for a while until he eventually gets bored and finishes me off.

Now I get a message on Live: "Think about this the next time you try to gang gank."

Srsly? Like this is now my fault somehow? Well, obviously.

In the words of Tim from Spaced, WHAT A PRICK.

Just another day in Lordran.
  • RedSparrows 13 Mar 2013 21:15:25 22,300 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just went back on this. I have lost all impetus to play it. Weird. I got eaten by a chest in Sen's Fortress and that was that. Cba.
  • evild_edd 13 Mar 2013 22:08:15 3,076 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I just went back on this. I have lost all impetus to play it. Weird. I got eaten by a chest in Sen's Fortress and that was that. Cba.
    Weird, because earlier today I just got eaten by a chest, and found myself laughing at the game's cruel treachery! I'll be nervous with every chest I near now....

I've got near the top of Sen's Fortress with some dude lobbing firebomb things around. ON my last Estus flask and in dire need of a bonfire..... fear I'm facing another respawn when I next get back to it :/

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Mr_Sleep 13 Mar 2013 22:15:52 16,933 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Every chest should get a whacking as standard, the mimics are pretty consistent after that point. Also, there's a bonfire at the top, have a look around where that guy was lobbing the bombs at you, it's just off one of the edges.

• evild_edd 13 Mar 2013 22:21:43 3,076 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh yeah. I'll just "look around" whilst I'm getting flaming vats of death lobbed at my head!!! :p

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Mr_Sleep 13 Mar 2013 22:25:15 16,933 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hah, well, from the fog gate, go left, up two sets of stairs then it's off the edge on your right. Hope that helps, I had to look it up myself as it's not really clear there is one.

• TOOTR 15 Mar 2013 06:03:54 9,526 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Push on man! That was a moment most of us shared - an absolute rage against unfairness. Mrs TOOTR thought there's been a home invasion...

BUT - you will never be eaten by a chest unawares again.

AND - a few more goes and you will fly through that section and get to view it as an old friend that has taught you it's lessons well.

The game opens up beautifully very shortly.

• Lotos8ter 15 Mar 2013 07:50:42 2,355 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't get the Channeller's Trident drop - no way, no how. There's only five of the fuckers in the entire game, and farming them is hard work to say the least. If you need this weapon for the trophy, why can't it be a guaranteed drop once a playthrough?

/bollocks

Fiat Lux

• RedSparrows 15 Mar 2013 07:52:52 22,300 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not rage. It's ennui. I don't get it :/
  • Telepathic.Geometry 15 Mar 2013 07:54:20 11,293 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I totally hear your pain. Sen's Fortress was an absolute torment for me the first time through. It was the first, and I think it's probably fair to say last, time I felt genuinely set upon by the game.

But now, I fly through it in about 5 minutes. Once you get to the top and find the bonfire, it's a piece of fucking cake. Also, Logan is in there if you're a magician, and some really good fucking loot (rings and spells).

Hang in there man, that really is the one point of the game where it seems to be impossible, and you will scream the word "CUNT!" over and over, but when you get through to the other side and join our noble ranks, we'll be waiting with arms open...

...and then we'll stab you. ;D

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Telepathic.Geometry 15 Mar 2013 07:57:00 11,293 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Lotos8ter The best place to farm this is after you get out of prison and line up the staircases right. There're two of the fuckers there, and for some reason, it seems to be more likely there anyway. I tried elsewhere like 25 times, but then when I moved, I got it on like my third try.

I've heard that they recently patched it to drop more frequently. Is that right?

• Telepathic.Geometry 15 Mar 2013 08:00:48 11,293 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was thinking before about loot drops. I think that if there are 5 guys in the level, they should do something like give the 1st guy a 1% chance, the 2nd guy 3%, 3rd guy 9%, the 4th guy 27% and the last of them 81%. I'd be cool with that even if they scaled up the power of the fuckers each time to make the grind a challenge.

I hate this percentage drop-rate bullshit for "necessary" items.

• TOOTR 15 Mar 2013 08:13:52 9,526 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    It's not rage. It's ennui. I don't get it :/
    Hmm that's odd but then peoples feelings are never wrong :)

I think it was because Buz had completed it that I felt compelled to do the same - after nearly tossing the thing away after the skeletons at the beginning.

But then I got swept up in it myself and was lost in it's world, completely, to the point of buying Japanese art books on it and all sorts - and then on my second playthrough did some sections with Buz as co-op and had some absolutely hilarious times. Truly.

I'd only urge you, or anyone really, but especially you as you are a true seshhead over a variety of game genres, to carry on and beat it as it gave me some of the best enjoyment and satisfaction this gen and that was my experience.

But if it's not resonating matey - what can you do eh?

Co-op for a bit with mates? Or park it and sesh something else maybe?

Plenty more fish in the digital sea.

• Tuffty 15 Mar 2013 09:03:51 1,554 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I get so close to killing Manus then he pulls off some bullshit move that I'm not ready for and kills me straight away. *sigh*
  • Architect_z 15 Mar 2013 09:36:50 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I love being an invader, but i'm never a malicious one. I actually invaded someone the other day who has 2 people co-oping with him.
    I managed to kill off the 2 co-op people, then just helped the guy complete the painted world. He sent me a message saying "thanks" and I felt like such a nice guy.
  • fiery_jackass 15 Mar 2013 10:33:05 471 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I, too, am a relatively benevolent invader, especially at sl1. Bare hand parry training, materials drops etc. Every now and then I get to kick some asshole off a cliff or something, just to keep my edge etc
  • Lotos8ter 15 Mar 2013 11:25:29 2,355 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry - cheers, farmed for about an hour and got plenty of crystal swords (on the way up) but no trident drop. Don't remember struggling like this on my 360 character but I gave up in the end and went for NG+.
    Sometimes its almost like DS is sentient and knows when you're farming...

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 15 Mar 2013 11:26:14 11,979 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    don't say that. Do Not Say that! You know about my bss ocd...

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• SomaticSense 15 Mar 2013 11:50:17 8,159 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I love being an invader, but i'm never a malicious one. I actually invaded someone the other day who has 2 people co-oping with him.
    I managed to kill off the 2 co-op people, then just helped the guy complete the painted world. He sent me a message saying "thanks" and I felt like such a nice guy.
    I'm far too polite to be an invader.

My only attempts thus far were ones where I was trying to have fun with the Chameleon spell (when they found me I just bowed and let them kill me), and one intance which played out like this via XBL messages:

Victim: Please no. I'm trying to kill Artorias.

Me: Ok, no probs. I'll jump off the cliff to give you the souls if you want.

Victim: Erm... sure.

Victim: Wow, you really did it. Thanks!
    /world's worst invader

Edited by SomaticSense at 11:50:59 15-03-2013
  • Lotos8ter 15 Mar 2013 12:11:53 2,355 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    don't say that. Do Not Say that! You know about my bss ocd...
    I never got one of them either :)

Fiat Lux

• Deleted user 15 March 2013 13:19:12
    WOO. Got another Balder Side Sword. Two handed Chaos BSS battle COMMENCE.

Edited by lukejones at 13:19:57 15-03-2013
  • Architect_z 15 Mar 2013 13:25:02 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @SomaticSense - Hahaha, I never really allow them to kill me, recently i've just been invading in the painted world and i'm opening all the important doors in the level. People message me saying "thanks so much for that." And then I backstab them and finish them off, I mean I am an invader after all.
  • SomaticSense 15 Mar 2013 13:28:28 8,159 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck me. I really wish the game would tell you what the loot is before you pick it up.

It's getting to be a right ballache having to go into the inventory to drop all the swords I'm getting from those goddamn cathedral Balder knights.

For gods sake sort it From!
  • quadfather 15 Mar 2013 13:37:44 11,979 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense - chuck em all in your bb

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Page

of 1199 First / Last