Dark Souls Page 737

• Page

of 1195 First / Last

• Deleted user 6 March 2013 18:18:46
    @Goodfella When youíve been playing it for a while you learn to look out for it. Their health is as important as your health if you want to defeat someone. In short, people who donít are cotton-headed ninny muggins!
  • bbvDJC 6 Mar 2013 23:54:17 1,690 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How to strength/faith builds hold up in 1.07?
  • Architect_z 7 Mar 2013 08:10:04 2,374 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Has Dark Balls been patched again?
  • puddleduck 7 Mar 2013 08:12:57 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't know about it, but wouldn't be surprised if Dark Magic got a bit of a nerf.
  • Architect_z 7 Mar 2013 11:57:55 2,374 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Aye, I hope so too. I'd like it if Karmic Justice was modified slightly.
    I've tried using it in PvP and it just never goes off even if i'm taking lots of damage and multiple hits, I think you have to be attacked like 8 times in a row or something.
  • fiery_jackass 7 Mar 2013 13:48:41 462 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1.07 was graphical glitches-only fix that came out around Christmas. Not heard anything about a 1.08. Doubt there'll be one

in other news, exasperated by the amount of SL100/200 players desperate to win, rather than have fun (and still win), I turned back to SL1/crap armour, crapper weapons. Fun and interest re-ignited. Stil get a bit irked by the levels one can invade at though: last night ended up with someone fast-rolling & wielding a dragon tooth, who cast sunlight blade on a high-end shotel even though he knew I was SL1. Tit.
  • Dangerous_Dan 7 Mar 2013 14:25:28 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, the invasion mechanic is coocoo, a SL 300 spirit of vengeance may invade a SL1 bro.
  • Architect_z 7 Mar 2013 15:12:11 2,374 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hehehe, I thought I was killing groups of 3 too easily when invading
  • Dangerous_Dan 7 Mar 2013 16:29:42 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's how you play it the right way.
  • bbvDJC 7 Mar 2013 23:23:55 1,690 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I hate the BSS drop rate :(
  • Deleted user 8 March 2013 08:17:47
    @bbvDJC Iíve been playing for 75 hours and the Balder Knights have only dropped one. I tried farming them for a long time but couldnít find one. Chaos BSS will do.
  • evild_edd 8 Mar 2013 10:33:35 3,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheeky DS update from me:

Still yet to ring the second (lower) bell, but have been doing a little exploration and character development. In summary:

1. I'm now at (about) level 31. Been upping dex, vit, endurance, and a little bit on attunement so that I gained an extra magic slot.
    2. Found the guy who allows me to upgrade Pyro. My pyro glove is now +9 and I've unlocked a few extra spells: sweat (which I plan to use against that dragon who I've yet to tackle), exploding fireballs/orbs, and Iron Flesh which seems a bit of a disappointment but I imagine might be useful in certain areas or against certain enemies.
    3. Been upgrading some weapons: Spider shield is +5, short bow also +5, and I've found my first katana (Iaido?) which I've also upgraded to +5. Haven't actually used the katana yet, but excited to try it against a boss as it has a bleed effect which I imagine will be useful against larger enemies...?
    4. I've killed the hydra (easier than it looked), and done some exploration of the area above waterfall, which leads to the woods and back to Darkroot Forest (and that door I unlocked with the things bought from the Blacksmith).
    5. I took out the flying butterfly type thing in the ruins in the middle of Darkroot Forest. Was really easy once I'd summoned the witch who's sign was hidden at the bottom of the staircase.
    6. I've been right through the Depths and Blighttown now.
    7. I have revisited Undead Asylum and got the rusty ring (though the dragon that attacks you when you fall through the floorseems beyond my current abilities). I originally cleared blighttown, including the boggy bit at the bottom, without having the rusty ring. Found it hard going getting constantly poisoned so, having checked a guide to see what I was doing "wrong", have now returned with said item to tackle those rock hurling giants!

Question: I've found a couple of rare elements which the blacksmith has asked for when visiting him. I've given both of these to him - which he promised would give me some decent weapons "later" - but I've seen nothing more. Have I done the right thing? If he's screwed me over then I'm tempted to go back and deal with him in the same way I did Lautrec!

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• sport 8 Mar 2013 10:38:27 12,572 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you've given the Blacksmith the ember, you can now "Modify" your equipment which means you can level up your +5 stuff, or modify them to Raw etc etc. Check the "Modify Equipment" option when you speak to him again.
  • evild_edd 8 Mar 2013 11:05:25 3,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah nice, I see - so once I've upgraded weapons to +5 I can then ascend them as long as I've discovered the appropriate ember. That divine ember means I can now get some divine weapons....

Question: Is the divine ember a one-use thing, or can I use it on multiple weapons?

Just taking a quick look at the dark souls wiki, it looks as though my Iaido blade might be worth ascending to divine status :0)

Why look, it's a blog:

• Dangerous_Dan 8 Mar 2013 11:27:18 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No, the ember just enables you to upgrade weapons along the divine weapon path. All you want. The large emeber allows you to upgrade your weapons up to +10 - modify to a +6 weapon then do the usual upgrade up to +10.

7. That demon is very very vulnerable to bleed damage, you have to get behind him and stay behind him. Then you'll find openings to attack him. Key is to not lock on to him, you can run much faster behind him if you are not locked on to him. Being locked on to him will make this fight much more difficult than it needs to be.
  • evild_edd 8 Mar 2013 11:38:01 3,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan

Cheers for the tips! I'll be sure to head back to the Undead Asylum then and test out my Iaido blade once I've upgraded it to divine....

Why look, it's a blog:

• quadfather 8 Mar 2013 12:33:26 11,864 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Skeletons don't like divine weapons

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 8 Mar 2013 12:44:32 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's why they use profane ones ;)
  • Physically_Insane 8 Mar 2013 12:49:30 8,649 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Man, after reading some of the posts on this thread, I feel completely overwhelmed by everything. I have no idea what a divine weapon does, don't know what the point in humanity is, no idea what stats to level up...

Only played it for an hour or so. Hope everything just clicks after I log in a few more hours.
  • bbvDJC 8 Mar 2013 13:04:07 1,690 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @lukejones

Luckily I had one drop this morning, took long enough on my sl6 pyro. 40k souls farmed and 23 titanite shards. I think this is the longest it's taken though, I have a couple on pretty much every character I've made since release!
  • quadfather 8 Mar 2013 13:08:58 11,864 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Physically_Insane - don't worry about it. There's loads of cryptic things hidden away. It's taken us the length of this bloody thread to get it all written down :-)

Without spoiling anything,

Stats - go with Endurance and Vitality. Then you can compliment those with say, strength or dexterity. For massive club type weapons or swift katana type weapons respectively. (Heavy hitting weapons normally do more damage with the more strength you have, whereas Katana type weapons benefit more from dex).

Keep humanity for a while. It's basically used to make yourself human instead of hollowed. There's various things that you can come across and/or do when human. Kindling bonfires is one of the most useful things. If you kindle a bonfire, you'll get 10 estus flasks when you rest at it, instead of the standard 5. (The one at Firelink Shrine always gives you 10, so you don't need to kindle that one initially.)

The divine thing is all about upgrading weapons down a certain path. There's various different type of embers that give weapons different abilities. Divine is just one of them. And different blacksmiths will accept different types of embers.

If you're an hour in, don't worry about it for now, just keep any that you come across and when a blacksmith takes it off you (you'll see what I mean about that when it happens) have a play and see what you could create, if you wanted to.

I'd concentrate on upgrading your favourite weapon to +5 first. (Plus you can't make anything divine or any of the other options without first having a weapon upgraded to at least +5)

And don't neglect upgrading your armour too - just as important as upgrading your stats.

And don't consume "Firekeeper Souls"!

And keep your shield up! (Except when you're behind someone and want to backstab them)

And make sure your shield has 100% physical protection

And most importantly, have fun!

Now get on with it :)

• evild_edd 8 Mar 2013 13:10:00 3,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Physically_Insane

Don't worry, you only have to go back a few pages to find me in that situation. The game doesn't do a very good job of explaining things to you though, so I'd very much recommend asking questions on here or visiting the dark souls wikia (but try to resist reading too much).

Humanity is massively important. You will do yourself a lot of favours by using your humanity to kindle bonfires (an option when resting at them) which will mean you gain 10 estus flasks instead of 5 every time you visit a bonfire. This makes progression much, much less frustrating and was something that passed me by at first.

Note that to kindle a flame you'll have to be human which you can do by reversing hollowing at a bonfire - requiring another humanity.

There are other uses for humanity as well, but that's the primary one IMHO.

I've spoiler tagged some very basic/early stuff there but I didn't know how much you wanted to know, and how much you wanted to figure out yourself :0)

Why look, it's a blog:

• evild_edd 8 Mar 2013 13:14:09 3,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LOL - quadfather said the same but without the spoilers, which is cool (it really is early stuff).

Oh, and his tip on the shield protection is useful (you can see a shield's protection by toggling the stats in the menu). I was using a shield which was only offer 75%-80% protection for ages, which meant I was taking damage even when blocking....which is annoying!

Why look, it's a blog:

• Physically_Insane 8 Mar 2013 13:39:16 8,649 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers guys, I feel a bit more prepared now. I've got no plans this weekend so I'm gonna have a DS marathon! Quick question: when you kindle a bonfire, does it last forever? For example, if I kindle a bonfire, go off and get myself killed, will it will respawn me with 10 flasks again?
  • evild_edd 8 Mar 2013 13:42:01 3,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Cheers guys, I feel a bit more prepared now. I've got no plans this weekend so I'm gonna have a DS marathon! Quick question: when you kindle a bonfire, does it last forever? For example, if I kindle a bonfire, go off and get myself killed, will it will respawn me with 10 flasks again?
    Yes. The effects are permanent, which gives you even more incentive to get those bonfires kindled :0)

Why look, it's a blog:

• quadfather 8 Mar 2013 13:51:20 11,864 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @evild_edd - great minds etc :)

• Architect_z 8 Mar 2013 15:45:41 2,374 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kindle the F*** up!
  • evild_edd 8 Mar 2013 15:50:00 3,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Kindle the F*** up!
    Just suffered a complete brain fart for a moment there, and spent several seconds trying to figure the link between Amazon and Dark Souls...

Must be time for another coffee!

Why look, it's a blog:

• Architect_z 8 Mar 2013 15:54:36 2,374 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @evild_edd

Uh! YEAH! Biggie Smalls!
  • Page

of 1195 First / Last