• Page

of 1205 First / Last

• SYS64738 1 Mar 2013 19:00:22 1,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    TOOTR wrote:
    Azazel wrote:
    So anyway, I unlocked The Dark Soul at the weekend. I was all like, "Right, I'm done now. Time to get on with my life."

Last night I rolled a new character.
    Lol - I did the same :D
    Ah, so I'm not alone then. That's nice
    Darn it just done it too:-P

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• Deleted user 1 March 2013 19:01:08
    @Tricky The Depths are a great place to have some Humanity to hand. You can get cursed down there which is a bitch. Humanity increases your curse resistance.

Youíll also be at max item discover with 10 Humanity and the serpent ring if you have it, so youíll be able to farm a tonne of Humanity down there.
  • Bahamafish 1 Mar 2013 21:16:42 378 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm going to start playing this tomorrow. I've only got the normal version - should I buy some DLC as well?
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Mar 2013 21:19:02 17,097 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In regards of the DLC, it adds a new area that you wont tackle for quite some time into the game. Nor should you as it is rock hard in places. I'd say it's not necessary with one caveat that you can't access the DLC after a certain point too. So, I'd see how you go with the game and then think about the DLC.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Azazel 1 Mar 2013 21:57:17 726 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    TOOTR wrote:
    Azazel wrote:
    So anyway, I unlocked The Dark Soul at the weekend. I was all like, "Right, I'm done now. Time to get on with my life."

Last night I rolled a new character.
    Lol - I did the same :D
    Ah, so I'm not alone then. That's nice
    Darn it just done it too:-P
    As long as the burg hollows keep swinging at me, I'll keep parrying them and I will fecking LOVE it.
  • SYS64738 1 Mar 2013 22:28:07 1,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Helping some newcomers with Taurus, quite busy at level 8. It's quite funny how gung-ho people storm at the Black Knight for example, rather than luring him out into the open first.

Also had a hilarious slide down the back of Taurus when I wanted to perform the drop attack, went straight past the bridge into oblivion:-)

And some guys dont realise they need to advance to trigger the boss sequence, was waiting for one lad who tried so send me ahead, gave up in the end. And please, dont forget to heal your summons people!

• Deleted user 1 March 2013 23:33:00
    @SYS64738 People probably donít realise their Estus heals you too :(. I always have Humanity at hand and use it if I need health.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2013 11:32:16
    If anyone needs any help on this, I can create and level up a character quite quickly. Just give me a shout. Iím on PS3.

Edited by lukejones at 11:32:35 02-03-2013
  • Bahamafish 2 Mar 2013 14:39:37 378 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I've played the game for like 3-4 hours, and I've used all my souls every time I got to a new bonfire. Is it wise to save some for later, or should I just use them to level up whenever it's possible?
  • SYS64738 2 Mar 2013 14:59:17 1,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @lukejones

True. One guy was pretty much on his last leg healthbar wise, but tried to take on the boss anyways. It's quite fun though giving some noobs a hand, people are quite appreciative and the etiquette in game is spot on. Most pleasant online experience in any game ever.

• Deleted user 2 March 2013 15:00:40
    @SYS64738 Yeah, the nice greeting of a bow when you connect to game is nice :).
  • Deleted user 2 March 2013 15:02:03
    @Bahamafish Use them to level up where possible but save some to upgrade your weaponry so itís stronger. Read up on what you should upgrade for your character here: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/
  • SYS64738 2 Mar 2013 15:04:27 1,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Bahamafish

You're probably better off using them up straight away unless you're saving for something expensive. You can always keep found soul items for a rainy day. Plus later in the game the souls you earn will make you laugh at the pityful amount of souls you'd get earlier in the game. Think in NG++ I once lost over 100k due to a silly mistake, was more of a meh moment for me at that stage:-)

• SYS64738 2 Mar 2013 15:08:54 1,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @lukejones

Started as a Depaved last night, decided I try to stay in human form as much as possible as I was too risk averse before. Didn't take long to get invaded in Undead Burg, was a very fair bu super tense fight. Lost out in the end as I got overrun by AI enemies in a tight corner, but if fights are this fair and satisfying I don't mind losing:-) Game has hooked me again and I already managed to get the Platinum few weeks ago... Amazing game, nothing comes close this gen for me in terms of depth and sheer replayability.

• RedSparrows 2 Mar 2013 20:36:23 22,904 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just beat the skanky dragon vagina boss.

Summoned a guy to help (a player) and he was cool, helped me a lot.

I also got invaded by another, whilst I was sorting something out. I wasn't moving, so he approached and hit me. I moved, and he scarpered like a scared deer. Odd.
  • ZuluHero 2 Mar 2013 20:38:27 4,175 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stop making me want to play it through again..i have too much other stuff to do!! :)
  • RedSparrows 4 Mar 2013 09:53:38 22,904 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rang the second bell. Now in someone's big castle, being killed by snake men.

After loving it at first, the game has definitely diminished somewhat. It's still a great play, and I am enjoying it all very much, but there is most definitely something lacking for me. I can't quite work out what.
  • Tuffty 4 Mar 2013 11:17:10 1,609 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was this close to defeating Kalameet yesterday. I fucked up, without any estus flasks and I paid the price. Someday I will defeat you Kalameet! Someday!!!
  • evild_edd 4 Mar 2013 11:33:37 3,123 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You've overtaken me RedSparrows. Haven't had much of a chance to play over the past few days. Snuck in a cheeky hour yesterday making my first tentative steps into Blighttown and only succeeded in frustrating myself as I lost 10 humanity due to an unfortunately fall death.

Leech-like shambling zombie things are a right pain, as are the blow-dart snipers. Think the time constraints of my game time were affecting my usually patient play, which led to a frustrating 'lost' hour or so. Will return when I have some proper time to dedicate to it.

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Deleted user 4 March 2013 11:33:44
    @RedSparrows Senís Fortress! Itís horrible, but actually quite short. Just take your time and lure people out one by one, using the traps against them and youíll smash through it in no time. The game is about to open up for you, once you get through that section youíll find yourself in Anor Londo :)

Edit: By Ďquite shortí†I mean very short. There arenít any bosses, and if you manage to get to the top of the fortress through the fog (can probably clear in 10 Ė†15 minutes if patient), thereís a balcony you can drop down onto with a bonfire on it :).

Edited by lukejones at 11:35:56 04-03-2013
  • Deleted user 4 March 2013 11:34:25
    @Tuffty Keep trying and have lots of Humanity at hand to heal yourself with. I had my Estus flasks at +2 or +3 and had 20 at hand but still needed to use ~10Ė15 Humanity to keep myself intact.
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Mar 2013 12:40:53 17,097 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    After loving it at first, the game has definitely diminished somewhat. It's still a great play, and I am enjoying it all very much, but there is most definitely something lacking for me. I can't quite work out what.
    Sen's fortress was probably my favourite area in the game, the atmosphere in there is brilliant, it's so dicey. Funny thing is that I can breeze through there with little trouble now but the first time was a real test. As has been said, get past there and finish the next area and it's a different game.

You are a factory of sadness.

• SparkyMarky81 4 Mar 2013 12:43:42 565 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Rang the second bell. Now in someone's big castle, being killed by snake men.

Things open up a bit once you get to Anor Londo, and especially once you beat a certain duo.

I didn't enjoy Sen's Fortress much either but it won't be long until you know the loaction of every trap and every enemy inside, and once that happens, it's a plain sailing.

If you have the capacity to indulge in some magic, there is an important NPC to rescue in the Fortress. I'm saying no more!
  • Deleted user 4 March 2013 14:19:03
    @SparkyMarky81 Big Hat!
  • Architect_z 6 Mar 2013 08:11:56 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @RedSparrows - Aye, if you try Sens Fortress a couple of times, you'll find you can run and jump your way around it without even thinking about it.
  • Architect_z 6 Mar 2013 12:55:31 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've now become the generous invader. I've started invading people and then running through the level to unlock all the doors, and then proceeding to slap them to death
  • Tuffty 6 Mar 2013 12:57:43 1,609 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Beat Kalameet last night. Thank God! Now there's just Manus left to go and that's it I guess.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2013 14:26:10
    @Architect_z Aye, very generous. One of those invaded my game the other day and I just stood by the bonfire until he left. (20 mins or so)
  • Architect_z 6 Mar 2013 14:31:13 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @lukejones - Was it in the Painted World by any chance?
  • Deleted user 6 March 2013 14:35:45
    @Architect_z This was on Demonís Souls, so a totally different game. Iím in the wrong thread. When it comes to Dark Souls I just run head on into invaders (I are powerhouse).
  • Page

of 1205 First / Last