Dark Souls Page 734

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• RedSparrows 27 Feb 2013 22:28:20 24,235 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am in the sewers in the Depths. If ever there was a place I didn't want to go in this game, it's somewhere called 'Depths'.

Am building vit/str/end/res really. Being a bit dull, tanky melee. Seems effective so far - shield + halberd +5 is nice.
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Feb 2013 22:42:13 17,370 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    spindle8888 wrote:
    Aye it does seem to take a bit of the tension out of fights, that said, i really wouldnt like to try Manus as a relativly pure caster type
    I can confirm that I found it nearly impossible to the point where I didn't bother. I just couldn't see how I would be able to do him in as he squashed me in about two hits. Even summoning ones companion for that fight did little as he just focused on me. I did watch a youtube video of how to do it as a spell caster but I just don't have the skill to do it.

You are a factory of sadness.

• bantamenace 27 Feb 2013 23:06:27 73 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally back on -shame about the result at Wembley - but I have to say the Bradford fans were just incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded
  • bantamenace 27 Feb 2013 23:07:21 73 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just need to beat O and S now! Is my Halberd 11 good enough?
  • bantamenace 27 Feb 2013 23:07:55 73 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is what Swansea could see at Wembley... incredible!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded
  • bantamenace 27 Feb 2013 23:09:12 73 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOSJInnljs
  • quadfather 27 Feb 2013 23:10:03 13,377 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I am in the sewers in the Depths. If ever there was a place I didn't want to go in this game, it's somewhere called 'Depths'.

Am building vit/str/end/res really. Being a bit dull, tanky melee. Seems effective so far - shield + halberd +5 is nice.
    Depths isn't as bad as blighttown, trust me

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• puddleduck 27 Feb 2013 23:26:14 1,854 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just one thing Double D ... They changed the Pyro glove thing. It no longer takes away more health when it's more upgraded so just having a maxed out glove to cast power within isn't an issue ;)
  • Dangerous_Dan 27 Feb 2013 23:29:23 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm getting old...
  • puddleduck 27 Feb 2013 23:43:31 1,854 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haha, memories...
  • Dangerous_Dan 27 Feb 2013 23:52:18 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good ones.
  • puddleduck 28 Feb 2013 00:17:33 1,854 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Indeedy. I fully expect you to be fighting alongside me in Dark Souls 2... while flagging somewhere in the distance having taken a wrong turn Quaddy is trying to figure out which build he loaded :p
  • RedSparrows 28 Feb 2013 09:27:02 24,235 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got cursed. Cba.
  • Lotos8ter 28 Feb 2013 09:40:44 2,366 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RedSparrows - stay cursed for a while, its not a game breaker, just be careful. When you want to break it, head out of the Depths, carefully past all the torch undead and dogs as you can't afford to be swarmed. Opposite the Depths door is a staircase, past a single archer. The merchant just above there sells the Purging Stones that cure curse. You can also unlock a really handy shortcut back to Firelink.
    There's other ways too but for where you are, that probably best.

Edit - be wary of putting points into Resistance. Its generally the worst stat. My 2p is put some in DEX for a ranged option with bows and it also opens up some alternative weapons to STR builds, like katanas...

Edited by Lotos8ter at 09:45:09 28-02-2013

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 28 Feb 2013 10:02:28 13,377 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @RedSparrows - don't worry about it. It's more important to try and memorise the route of the depths. You can go from start to finish without encountering too many of those cunting frogs. And don't fall down any small square holes - that just leads back to them

• sport 28 Feb 2013 10:06:43 12,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cursed? Off to New Londo :-P
  • evild_edd 28 Feb 2013 10:30:37 3,198 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got another couple of hours in yesterday. I love the way all the little short cuts open up in this game.

Progress Report:

1. Took down the big silver knight who opens a shortcut between the darkroot basin and the undead burg (he dropped a key which allows me to carry more equipment).
    2. Found a bonfire in the depths of the basin in a path which led to the Valley Of The....something. Dragons? Whatever, it took a lot of effort to take one down and there were a few more giving me hungry stares, so I retreated.
    3. Went back to the darkroot forest area and found the hidden path by cutting through a tree. Fought off some fish/lizard type things and a couple of big, slow knights who were able to cast some magic that slowed you down to a helplessly slow pace. Following that through I found another ring which gives me loads of poise, which I assume is the item I was recommended to find to make life easier in the underground of the undead burg...?
    4. Then headed back and explored the area beneath the undead burg. Killed some big, dual-wielding horned demon on my first attempt (turns out he didn't like fire) and worked my way to find a second merchant and then unlocked another shortcut via the gate that brings you back to Firelink - ace!
    5. Now just heading back deeper, hacking up torch wielding hollows as I progress, but ran out of time.

Feeling pretty invincible at the mo, taking out a couple of bigger enemies without too much trouble. In fact, think I've got this game sussed. Reckon I'll probably clock it now without suffering another death! ;0)

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• JonFE 28 Feb 2013 10:38:11 1,457 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RedSparrows

If you happen to have the Antiquated Set, you can wear it to improve your curse resistance - highly recommended for the Depths...
  • Dangerous_Dan 28 Feb 2013 10:45:40 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:

Feeling pretty invincible at the mo, taking out a couple of bigger enemies without too much trouble. In fact, think I've got this game sussed. Reckon I'll probably clock it now without suffering another death! ;0)
    Sounds like you are making good progress. Now you almost cleared half of the game ;)

But truth be told, NewGame is not that hard if you keep it up being patient and careful.
  • JonFE 28 Feb 2013 10:45:40 1,457 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:
    That's the beauty of Dark Souls, my friend. The moment you get too cocky, you'll be handed your arse back on a plate...
  • evild_edd 28 Feb 2013 11:04:50 3,198 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, I've absolutely no doubt the rug shall be pulled from under me, possible within the next 10-15 minutes of game time.

Reading some of the above posts, I'm NOT liking this talk of curses...

Oh, and my jaw dropped a little when I read about someone walking around with 130k souls. I get nervous and head for the nearest fire when I'm carrying 9k.... but then I suppose later enemies will be offering larger xp and be more manageable as I level up.

Glad to hear I'm nearing the halfway point ;0)

Edited by evild_edd at 11:05:22 28-02-2013

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Dangerous_Dan 28 Feb 2013 11:06:51 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    130k, that's cute ;)
  • quadfather 28 Feb 2013 11:09:57 13,377 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Half way point my arse :)

It's the simple things that will kill you now you've got some of the combat sussed.

You'll be too busy concentrating on getting that awesome hit in, when you lose awareness of your surroundings and suddenly plunge to your death accidentally - keep an eye out for your surroundings at all times to minimise this.

Cursed isn't that bad. It just makes you extra cautious till you can get rid of it.

Pitch black places with yawning chasms left right and centre, riddled with 10 foot tall hard bastards is another story entirely :)

• Dangerous_Dan 28 Feb 2013 11:28:15 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Reminds me of the time when I was doing Coop with PD. I had lost all my souls and humanity because we got invaded by some laggy bastard and I died - now there were a lot, a freakin lot of souls and humanity lying at the bottom of that dark pit almost in front of the boss fog gate.

But because we were excellent and wanted to win an oscar in the category thrilling action (or tragic-drama, we didn't know our fate beforehand) I got back into human form, used the dried fingers (to bring on more invaders), summoned PD and we made it back down into the dark, being constantly at risk of being invaded. I should have recorded that one - sigh.

At the end we ended up in the area in front of the boss gate, while being chased by one of those laggy invader bastards. There was just pure chaos going on down there - fireballs from the mages were hurling all around, the frame rate was dropping into the single digits at times because we had collected a tail of enemies, chasing us while we ran down to my soul spot.

I did collect it and we did take that invader and all the mages out, all in NG+ or ++ I think. The boss fell and I was content.

Today is being an old geezer week for me.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 11:28:56 28-02-2013
  • spindle8888 28 Feb 2013 11:28:48 11 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    id feel better about having all the souls if it had got me slightly more than 5 stat points, pesky expensive things :p
  • spindle8888 28 Feb 2013 11:32:46 11 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    on a slightly different note the stray demon wiped the floor with me last night, i dont remember him being so tough first time around..
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Feb 2013 11:33:31 17,370 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Beware of chasing rats!

I think it was trying to learn how to parry that killed me the most. I'm still not very good at it!

You are a factory of sadness.

• mumtoucher 28 Feb 2013 11:33:56 299 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds like you guys had some awesome co-op with this game, I have a buddy who I purchased the game for a couple of weeks ago as I felt as his friend it was my duty to not let him miss out on this awesome game plus it was only 15quid ffs!! I take it co-op really comes into its own once you reach NG++ and beyond.
  • SparkyMarky81 28 Feb 2013 11:36:33 567 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spindle8888 wrote:
    on a slightly different note the stray demon wiped the floor with me last night, i dont remember him being so tough first time around..
    I do.

Took me a few attempts to finish him off. The trick is to get behind him and have some decent magic defence to fend off his AOE attack.
  • Page

of 1218 First / Last