Dark Souls Page 729

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• FanBoysSuck 21 Feb 2013 09:11:32 1,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z I don't think I could bring myself to kill Sun Bro. He's my favourite character in the game.

Yeah pure faith is definitely the hardest route to go down. I think they decided that it was way too powerful in Demon's with the regen on top and went overkill on the nerf. Hopefully DS2 will balance things out a bit again.

For the emperor!

• Architect_z 21 Feb 2013 10:55:00 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - I know, I can never bring myself to kill him. I'm actually determined to complete a playthrough where I save him. Plus i've not completed the onion guys storyline before.

Theres a few things I want from Dark Souls 2. But if I was in charge, the main feature i'd add would be modifications to the class system. I'd make it that a particular class would have relations to certain covenants.

For example, if you started as a cleric, you'd be immediatley excepted by holy covenants, but hated by magic covenenants. But you could buy your way into other covenants by offering a number of ..... whatever.

It would mean there would be more stratergy to achieving the perfect build, and would expand playtime aswell as choosing your class carefully.

Although I would also think it would be fun if you had to pick a key at the very start of the game, and that key would unlock a random door with a random class inside, instead of you choosing one. But the community would probably be like "nah, that idea is whack!"
  • quadfather 21 Feb 2013 11:00:00 11,808 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And only certain weapons are available from certain covenants

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• FanBoysSuck 21 Feb 2013 11:08:41 1,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z Saving Solaire is a right pain in the arse without a guide. I've saved him on two play throughs now, it's a real boon to have someone help with Gwyn! Onion Bro is just as hard actually. I've only managed to save him once. There's a reason you get a slab out of it ;)

That's a really cool idea for covenants! They ended up winding me up quite a bit by the end of NG++ as you needed to be chaos servant+2 to save Solaire, which meant lots of warping about so you wouldn't lose your other covenant levels.

Having your group decided by your starting character would add a bit more flavour to the game IMO, rather than just having half the starting classes be part of way of white. Having covenants strictly for one purpose eg invading or helping as well as having them easily accessible from the start would improve things greatly.

Maybe they could bring back a hub like the nexus with all the groups you can join!

/dreams on

For the emperor!

• Architect_z 21 Feb 2013 13:43:38 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I miss the Nexus in demons souls. :'(
  • bantamenace 21 Feb 2013 22:13:56 73 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just tried Orstein and his mate a few times - I reckon that could be my limit - I may have to give in.... Hardest Boss I've come up against - HELP!
  • puddleduck 21 Feb 2013 22:20:05 1,853 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bantamenace

Couple of things you could consider.

Firstly, if you're online, summoning someone can make that a whole lot easier. If not online, then you could try and summon Solaire when in human form from the stairs in the final main room, just where the archer is that shoots at you whilst killing the two massive chaps.

If you're determined to tackle it solo, then a couple of tips. Keep them seperated. Killing Ornstein first can be easier for some people, especially if you haven't yet figured out Ornstein's moveset.

What SL are you? Do you have any of the decent skirts that when upgraded can give good lightning defence? What weapon are you using? They can be weak to fire and both suffer bleed damage. If you're a dex character one of the uchi/iaito can be a good weapon with fire applied to it.
  • mumtoucher 21 Feb 2013 22:24:19 263 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Magus is down. That is all. There has been much rejoicing.
  • bantamenace 21 Feb 2013 22:26:44 73 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for reply Puddleduck - I will use my eagle shield and any other lightning bits - tried online with a couple if summons (3 of us in total) managed to kill fatty - but got blasted on the end - it looks rock hard - ice just turned ps3 off but will get back to you with soul level (maybe 42ish?) - should I go grind back via Firelink? Only of the bloody rooftop archers don't respawn! (that bit tool me ages) my favourite ever game - but hard! Also I had not even noticed Sun Bros summon sign for O and S!
  • MrV333 21 Feb 2013 22:27:04 108 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gwyn down on 3rd attempt, NG+ commenced!

Finally!

I did it!
  • johnson81 21 Feb 2013 22:37:52 373 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bantamenace wrote:
    Just tried Orstein and his mate a few times - I reckon that could be my limit - I may have to give in.... Hardest Boss I've come up against - HELP!
    I managed it solo on the PC the other day. Kill the Skinny one first. I used Havel's armour along with the Black Knight Sword +5. Took about 10 attempts and don't get greedy, run, 1-2 hits then run again. The fat one would kill me in 1-2 hits, so hit him then run to avoid his blast.
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Feb 2013 23:05:49 16,838 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    bantamenace wrote:
    Thanks for reply Puddleduck - I will use my eagle shield and any other lightning bits - tried online with a couple if summons (3 of us in total) managed to kill fatty - but got blasted on the end - it looks rock hard - ice just turned ps3 off but will get back to you with soul level (maybe 42ish?) - should I go grind back via Firelink? Only of the bloody rooftop archers don't respawn! (that bit tool me ages) my favourite ever game - but hard! Also I had not even noticed Sun Bros summon sign for O and S!
    Make sure you open up the shortcut near the blacksmith as this means you don't have to take on the archers again. Also, assuming you are intending to grind, there is a merchant back at the top of sens fortress that sells a lightning ring that may be useful to you. You have to leap over the broken bit of pathway near the golem that is putting the indiana jones boulders down the chute.

My personal method for O&S has always been to summon Solare, then have him occupy Smough while I deal with Ornstein, then in Ornstein's next form I have always found it most beneficial to use rolling more than blocking. Block his more minor attacks and roll away from is big lightning arse ground pound. If stamina is your problem then you should either get the Colothary ring or stock up on green moss which can be farmed, let us know if you want the location.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 23:08:08 21-02-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• puddleduck 21 Feb 2013 23:45:12 1,853 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bantamenace

I would say SL42 is actually quite low for a first attempt at O and S. Do-able, but definitely anything up to 60-70 is a good level without being massively OP. So, don't be too frustrated by your lack of success, that is a fairly low level to take them on :)

You'll get it though, what kind of build are you? If you have a decently levelled pyro glove with some high level spells like great fireball/great combustion they can take out O and S fairly sharpish.

Also, going backwards from Anor can be a bad thing. If you want to grind and level a bit, just use the bonfire that's just after the two archers where Solaire sits. From there, you can kill four silver knights and then just return to bonfire and repeat. If you get good at parrying them and use a weapon that OHKO's them, you'll get 5,000 odd souls a run. If you want to increase the chances of big money, big prizes; then stick a summon sign of your own down whilst doing this. Can end up getting a nice healthy 50,000 souls for helping someone else kill O and S, not to mention the practice at killing them.

Other than that, I'm a bit of an O and S expert, and I think I have a SL50 character on PS3 knocking about somewhere that could stick a sign down for you. Probably even has a spare weapon or two floating about that you could have ;)

Edited by puddleduck at 23:45:34 21-02-2013
  • bantamenace 21 Feb 2013 23:51:35 73 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks Puddleduck - I will grind at Solaires bonfire for a bit - I am a strength build - looks like a fire weapon may be the way to go - how would it be possible for you to go e me a weapon? How is that possible? RSVP thanks !
  • puddleduck 22 Feb 2013 01:28:31 1,853 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well if you summoned me into the game, I could drop you anything I have in my inventory. I won't be about now until Sunday though.
  • TOOTR 22 Feb 2013 04:38:14 9,493 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrV333 wrote:
    Gwyn down on 3rd attempt, NG+ commenced!

Finally!

I did it!
    Congrats. It's a fantastic feeling of achievement eh? :)

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• bantamenace 22 Feb 2013 07:44:38 73 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Puddleduck - Aaah! I see! I didn't realise you could gift weapons! I'm afraid I won't be around on Sunday....I have a prior engagement....at Wembley Stadium! Up The Bantams!
  • EMarkM 22 Feb 2013 08:07:46 3,173 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yay! Go Bantams!!

Erm...squawk?
  • Lotos8ter 22 Feb 2013 08:24:14 2,350 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @bantamenace - what weapon are you using? O&S are a big step up and can seem very unfair until you learn their moves. For me its using the pillars to create a small window of cover to block attacks from one, whilst you get a hit on the other. Its normally easier for newer players to target O first then move onto fatty afterwards. Don't get greedy, create distance, heal and work out their moves. Fire weapons are great, but a +10 longsword/axe is perfectly doable. Keep us updated - if you have a look through the thread its littered with (most of) us wailing about them two at some point or other in our DS careers.

Fiat Lux

• Architect_z 22 Feb 2013 11:30:40 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @bantamenace - Just club them to do death!
  • Buztafen 22 Feb 2013 12:49:15 16,058 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @bantamenace If you're strength orientated have you got a black night weapon such as Black Knight Sword or Black Knight Halberd? Upgrade those a little with some Twinkling Titanite from the Giant Blacksmith and they do some serious damage to O+S. Of course any weapon upgraded will do well but these weapons start with a higher damage output.
  • MrV333 22 Feb 2013 13:15:55 108 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @TOOTR Thanks! Yeah, got the pounding heart and sweaty palms fighting Gwyn but only took 3 or 4 attempts. Starting NG+ is cool, battering the asylum demon in seconds etc.. Initial cockiness lasted up to capra... They DO hit harder on NG+....
  • sid92 22 Feb 2013 15:23:07 580 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    does anyone have a char that they had done BB glitch before patch that has a sunlight straight sword im making a straight sword build and im going to use it but i just cant bring myself to kill solaire for it. I was just about to but i spoke to him to get the summoning stone and hten i just could'nt do it.
  • Architect_z 22 Feb 2013 15:44:59 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @sid92 - The best straight sword is the Balder Side Sword. Sunlight Sword is good if you're a faith build mind. Have you completed the game before?
  • Elathron 22 Feb 2013 15:49:00 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z Why is the S-S-S the better option for a faith build? Sorry if I'm being dumb, I've got a +15 and the shorter attack range is pretty limiting (apart from in PvP where the fast att. speed confuses hornet ringers)... The Estoc is also fairly similar to the B-S-S in terms of DPS, it's just got a different attack style (R2 does what R1 does and vice versa).

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 22 Feb 2013 17:57:07 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    S-S-S hehe sweet. It scales A with occult scaling and has a higher damage output compared to the other straight swords.

I keep seeming to invade someone in the painted world who uses an estoc and a buff, and they are simply unbeatable.
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Feb 2013 19:16:47 16,838 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Magus is down. That is all. There has been much rejoicing.
    May I just say well done sir. I never did manage to beat him.

You are a factory of sadness.

• mumtoucher 22 Feb 2013 19:37:23 263 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks Mr_Sleep, it was tough. What a battle though, probably the most intense gaming of my life.... Absolutely incredible this game, hats off to From.

4 kings and gwyn left.
  • sport 22 Feb 2013 20:17:20 12,499 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did it lads. I'm officially a onebro \o/
  • MrV333 22 Feb 2013 20:32:31 108 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @sport Wow, good work!
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last