Dark Souls Page 726

• Page

of 1210 First / Last

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 10:50:06 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This has gotta be the best 15.99 I have ever spent on a game, it's funny how I literally spend years looking forward to diablo 3,, was a huge D2 player back in the day, and this just absolutely butt rapes it from an amazing height. I personally thing you can compare them (both ARPG's Right?) this has a better story too, without really doing naything but hint at one. Amazing. Thank god for the steam sale.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 11:22:47 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's demon's souls as well, if you have a ps3

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 12 Feb 2013 11:27:53 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd agree, Demon's/Dark Souls was the game I was always waiting for. I got so bored of gaming for a long time. All the generic games that have been released, and I gave Demon's Souls a go and i've been hooked ever since. Never loved a game as much as Dark Souls. (Even though Demon's is better).
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 11:29:05 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's mad isn't it. I've had both games on the go since they came out, on and off. And still playing both of them.

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 11:47:23 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a PS3, is it worth it / as good as dark souls, arrrgghh you guys are going to ruin my life / girlfriends life :D
  • mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 11:49:24 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry for lack of spelling/punctuation - i know it drives some people crazy, I am on alot of Diazepam atm, makes it very difficult to type. (all above board signed off work)
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 11:51:10 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's at least as good as Dark souls. Some prefer it over dark souls (me), and some don't. But it's an extremely good game.

It's a little bit harder, and has more atmosphere. No bonfires - levels work in a kind of hub/world system. Fantastic level design though (imo)

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 11:56:44 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oooo I'm intrigued,, I feel exactly the same as you Architect, I have been in the same situation floating from one generic game to the next, I mean it's made me elevate myself from forum lurker ffs. Can't wait to be involved in the eventual exploration of the sequel too. Some really great Jap developers coming back into the foreground with from and platinum.
  • FanBoysSuck 12 Feb 2013 12:54:53 1,525 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you love Dark Souls you owe it to yourself to try Demon's. I'd say Dark was better in pretty much every respect although I'm not going into why as it's been discussed in both this thread and the Demon's one (and I mean a discussion, not an argument, these games always bring the best out of people for some reason!).

The reminds me, i've gotta get the soundtracks ripped to my phone. I love the Nexus music so much :D

For the emperor!

• puddleduck 12 Feb 2013 13:19:44 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Demon's Souls made me go from lurker to poster. I reckon 95% of my posts are in these two threads :p

Demon's is a tighter, maybe more gamey experience? Dark is more ambitious, and more expansive for sure. Both are awesome, and if you play and love Dark it seems wrong not to at least give Demon's a bash... if only to lob a bit more money From's way ha

I'm sure they won't, but if they somehow cocked up Dark Souls 2, I think I'd give up gaming and go live in a cave such would be my heartbreak!
  • Architect_z 12 Feb 2013 13:49:26 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dark Souls has more variety and a higher quantity of armour/weapons/spells/miracles etc.

But what Demon's has that Dark doesnt, is the horror element. There were far more *gasp* moments in Demon's. There was also more stratergy, boss fights have an element of procedure, instead of in Dark Souls the 'keep attacking until theirHP is 0'.
    The enemies were harder to take down. Its a harder game in general.

But the main difference, is Atmosphere. All the levels in Demon's have a great sense on exile and lonliness. They really make you both wonder and fear whats round the corner, or whats down that staircase etc. The world is so beautiful and scary at the same time.

I totally reccomend it

Edited by Architect_z at 13:49:50 12-02-2013
  • mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 14:00:48 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mid way though lost izalith and some twat invades me, whilst i'm fighting those big squid things, he proceeds to run in and cheaply kills me.... some real twats in this game. I'd of relished a fair fight.

Oh well, back in I suppose!!

Is there a technical term for ppl such as these so I can curse them in the future?

Edited by mumtoucher at 14:04:25 12-02-2013
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 14:12:48 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I guess "Griefer" is the most apt.

Doesn't matter what you say though, they'll still keep doing it.

This is why I normally play offline

Crap, but there you go

• Cannon_Fodder 12 Feb 2013 14:17:53 219 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Is there a technical term for ppl such as these so I can curse them in the future?
    I send them this video, each and every time (along with people who have hacked their chars):

Edited by Cannon_Fodder at 14:18:50 12-02-2013

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• Elathron 12 Feb 2013 14:18:22 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mumtoucher - It wasn't NPC Kirk was it? And yes, griefer is the title for those invaders who fight dirty and will take advantage of any situation. Advice for fighting them - wait 'til they bow for you to return it. Back off and give them space to do so though. If they don't and they close in instead - use EVERY cheap trick in the book to show them who's world they've invaded. That is unless they're a hacker, at which point - switch off the console.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 12 Feb 2013 14:23:54 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Cannon_Fodder - cracking video :) I'm amazed at the amount of vitriol without using many swear words. Bravo!

• quadfather 12 Feb 2013 14:25:48 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - what kinda hacks are we talking about here?

• Elathron 12 Feb 2013 14:38:41 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - Check out the top of the book of the guilty (both on XBL and PSN). These are the stats of the players who inhabit pretty much the top 100 spots:
    SL1
    99 everything.
    Infinite casts of every chosen spell.
    60,000HP (this is the max HP allowed by the game for the bosses too incidentally - have fun reducing that!)
    60,000stam (pretty much infinite)
    99,9999,999 souls

Also, there are hacks that involve TWoP, turning it into an AoE spell that deals magic damage that scales with the adjust/faith of the player. There are others, such as those who will adjust the armour that they wear in order to circumvent the obvious stat increases, but again it's kinda obvious when an SL450 does 1DPS with a buffed CMW Zwei. The worst one of the rares though are the players who've made themselves truly invisible. You can only see their weapons and their stmaina regen (if they use any). However, some hacks have their uses - a friend jtagged his save file so that the pair of us could wear the Elite Cleric set - which is awesome and a real shame they removed it from the game (well, the pickup was removed but the item is still 100% functional).

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 12 Feb 2013 14:41:41 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - sigh, what's the point of that - It's ridiculous. It has to be mindless kids that do it. Can't see anyone with half a braincell wanting to ruin the experience for both themselves and everyone else.

Ah well, at least I'm not them :)

• Cannon_Fodder 12 Feb 2013 15:00:09 219 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather While we're on the subject, I'd like to take the chance to shamelessly post a video I made over a year ago after I encountered one of these hackers on Xbox Live.

Funny thing is, afterwards he messaged me saying "Well played" as if it was a fair fight. He then went on a rant about how he had found two magical shields which he wielded in both hands and at that point I just reported him and moved on.

• quadfather 12 Feb 2013 15:06:05 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Cannon_Fodder - haha, great video.

I suppose knocking them off a ledge is about the only thing you could do.

In fact, maybe we should all roll faith characters, equip wrath of god and invade these fucker's and lob them off cliffs!

• Cannon_Fodder 12 Feb 2013 15:13:49 219 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That's pretty much it. You either rage quit or roll around until they make a mistake.

I fail to see how they can take any enjoyment out of being so OP. Here's hoping From Software don't mess with the formula too much though as a result of these sad, sad people. I like how the system works, I just wish it wasn't as easy to tamper with.

• puddleduck 12 Feb 2013 15:30:38 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just to point out though. Someone invading you in Lost Izalith and killing you whilst you take on an enemy isn't really what I'd classify as a griefer...

Maybe unsporting, but then that's being a red invader. Griefing is hacking or waiting with 2 other people to just wallop Blue Phantoms by spamming Dark Magic/WoG. Or people invading with low SL characters in the Burg with a BB glitch character.
  • mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 17:56:55 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I only have the four kings to go now, should I complete dlc before gwyn - was thinking of saving it for ng+ a little new stuff to look forward to, not really sure how it all works at the end. Also any advice on where I should go with my faith build in ng+ dex or str ( I have the grant but also love some of the katanas ) suggestions would be greatly appreciated - may want to dabble in a little pvp too at some point. Plus any glaring things I need to not miss before 'moving on'

Oh and EGDS thread officially friendliest thread on the Internet, thanks guys.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 18:07:34 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mumtoucher - there's a few questions there alright!

I suppose you could save the dlc. But I think its a tad harder than the standard content, so maybe its worth giving it a go now?

Regarding the build, what are your current stats looking like?

Also, there's a bit of a checklist to do before entering ng+. Like kindling all the bonfires, clearing up all the lizards for ore, maybe even killing all the npcs for their unique items etc.

Can't really comment on PvP, as I don't do it. But everyone else will chip in no doubt

Guideline for ng+ is that it'll be easier to begin with but significantly harder around o and s / 4 kings stage.

Also, you could dabble with different covenants for stuff / items / levels

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 18:11:06 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Video above was great, justice was served, kudos to you my friend.

What concerns me is that this guy's name had 1971 in the title, therefore this may insinuate he's 42. Now I'm 32 and personally have never understood the logic of cheating in a videogame. except gta etcetc. Surely hacking video games is a retarded teenager/child's thing. Maybe he has issues in the downstairs dept, or has never been laid. I pity him. What a total chump.
  • FanBoysSuck 12 Feb 2013 18:12:14 1,525 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    So I only have the four kings to go now, should I complete dlc before gwyn - was thinking of saving it for ng a little new stuff to look forward to, not really sure how it all works at the end. Also any advice on where I should go with my faith build in ng dex or str ( I have the grant but also love some of the katanas ) suggestions would be greatly appreciated - may want to dabble in a little pvp too at some point. Plus any glaring things I need to not miss before 'moving on'

Oh and EGDS thread officially friendliest thread on the Internet, thanks guys.
    I'd do the DLC before going to Gwyn, it's pretty damn hard, Manus especially. You'll also pick up some incredibly useful items there including a blue slab, titanite slab and pendant. I'd even go as far as saying it best to do it before the 4 kings, the extra darkroot/Sif stuff is really cool if you're into the story.

For the emperor!

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 18:13:40 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't quite remember off hand around this

Vit 25
    Acc 16
    Str12
    Dex16
    End 35
    Int8
    Res none spent
    Faith 35
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 18:19:33 12,869 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What fanboysuck said to be honest.

Also, how are you using the grant with only 12 str? Or are you not using that.

Either way, with those stats you can easily switch to dex as you haven't pumped str that much

• Elathron 12 Feb 2013 18:49:45 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Here's the set I'm on about btw...

• Page

of 1210 First / Last