Dark Souls Page 725

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• Elathron 11 Feb 2013 16:03:02 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - Farm the moths in the caves (same rate as Darkwraiths with regular slabs so good luck!) , there's also one in the DLC - where the enchanted ember would normally be...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• mumtoucher 11 Feb 2013 16:10:55 265 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was using the stones. GRRRRRRRRR

decided to log out take a break make a nice cuppa. NO FUCKING MILK.
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 16:16:44 11,978 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mumtoucher - LOL

I see you're well on your way to having your soul destroyed like the rest of us :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mumtoucher 11 Feb 2013 16:22:50 265 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a truly great experience, soul destroying in fact - already cant wait for the sequel. Those invisible platforms are soooo soo sooooooo cheap!!!

There's nothing like wrath of goding those blue squid things at the bottom of the prison - never gets old.
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 16:28:23 11,978 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's the trick - you need to lash out back at some part of the game to make up for all the deaths :)

There's a funny montage video on youtube somewhere, where there's basically every death you can imagine. It's really funny.

I'll try and dig it out

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 16:31:57 11,978 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

1 min 49 is funny :)

Death 75 is cool too - that's happened to me :) (5:50 ish in)

Edited by quadfather at 16:36:39 11-02-2013

• Dr_Mech 11 Feb 2013 17:13:51 1,019 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    I was using the stones. GRRRRRRRRR

decided to log out take a break make a nice cuppa. NO FUCKING MILK.
    Yeah that path is a right bastard because it actually does two 90 degree turns in the path and where the turns are, the snowflakes don't hit so you can't completely judge the turn.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 17:14:05 11-02-2013
  • puddleduck 11 Feb 2013 19:22:19 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SYS64738

Should be on between 9pm-11pm tonight to give you some high grade, premium Sif soul. It's good shit, imported directly from Lordran itself.

Regarding the crystal caves, I think you can try firing arrows at the path to see where it is as well?

Edited by puddleduck at 19:28:02 11-02-2013
  • SYS64738 11 Feb 2013 19:33:04 1,654 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @puddleduck

As long as there's no horsemeat in it I take it;) don't have the Lordvessel yet, what area would you suggest to... uh.. hook up so to speak? Without constantly getting invaded that is...

9-11pm sounds perfect.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• puddleduck 11 Feb 2013 20:17:46 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SYS64738

Invaders... bah humbug to them. I'll see you in Anor then :) Remember you have to have the boss alive wherever we meet.

At the start of the level, just down from the stairs that lead to the first big gargoyle. Underneath there is a walkway tunnel that is where I generally used to put my summon sign when co-oping with double D. Can give you some Sif souls, and I'll check to see if I have a character that actually has some spare slabs and stuff around that SL? Can then go and unlock the level together and take out O and S after?

Also, remember if you do get invaded, there's normally a cooling off period before the next invasion unless you use the dried fingers.

Edited by puddleduck at 20:19:46 11-02-2013
  • hypoBla5t 11 Feb 2013 20:20:14 1,393 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had an incredibly productive (if that's the word) 2 hour on DkS today. I can't believe I'm still doing stuff for the first time after 200+ hours but here we go:

- Working on my first ever sorcerer build;
    - Freed Logan from the Archives for the first time ever for his crystal sorceries.
    - Cut off Seath's tail for the first ever time for the Moonlight Greatsword (which dominates - now just need some dragon scales).
    - Went and killed Dark Sun Gwyndolyn for the first time ever too and bought his crown for my build.

Awesomeness ahoy!!

SL 69 ATM, have about 24 VIT, 20 END and 42 INT (rest went on STR and DEX for 1H MLGS). What SL do you guys think I should aim for and what stats as a Darkwraith? Obviously I know I need 44 INT minimum, was thinking 50 if poss. then a bit more VIT and END yeah?
  • puddleduck 11 Feb 2013 20:28:57 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be a Darkwraith, you're really looking at being as low a SL as possible whilst still feeling you can win. The lower you are, the more people you can potentially invade.
  • SYS64738 11 Feb 2013 20:31:44 1,654 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @puddleduck

Thanks mate, sounds like a plan. Well for NG++ I rushed to Anor to get the trophy so didn't bother with places like the Depths or the Catacombs. But Anor sounds good and if you can help with O&S even better. Almost had Ornstein soloing it last night but then I slipped up last minute...

Don't think I need any other stuff, don't want to take too much advantage of your generousity;) only if you must get rid of anything at all cost:)

• puddleduck 11 Feb 2013 20:52:02 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SYS64738

Loading it up now :) Will create a chat room thing to communicate in game with. Also, gimme a few mins to check what char I've got where and with what spare etc...
  • SYS64738 11 Feb 2013 20:57:42 1,654 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @puddleduck

Cool, will be online in a few mins, hopefully my last save is actually in Anor, else I'll have to commute there first!

• senso-ji 11 Feb 2013 21:07:20 5,851 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    From level 1 to overpowered in about 10 mins. Not a speed run as such, but some interesting stuff, especially for those that want to get through the catacombs quickly:

• SYS64738 11 Feb 2013 21:50:19 1,654 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PLATINUM POPPED\o/

Thanks to puddleduck who donated a spare Soul of Sif, good man!

• FanBoysSuck 11 Feb 2013 22:04:02 1,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've had a nice snow day sun bro-ing it up. I left my summon sign at every boss from the gargoyles onwards and I'm about 2 medals off the second lightning spear.

I've come across a few frustrations though, my first was an invasion in the depths by some cunt with harvel armour and a lightning washing pole that must have been close to maxed. Couldn't touch him and his attacks did about 1/4 health bar damage through my shield. What a complete dick, PvP with honour dammit!

Second was being summoned outside quelaag. The guy ran off into blight town and spent 20 minutes doing the whole swamp before going to the boss. He then looked confused then I didn't follow him into the poison! Even worse was that he got one shoted by the boss when we finally got there!

Great fun minus a few morons ;)

For the emperor!

• Dr_Mech 12 Feb 2013 04:59:36 1,019 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been thinking on the subject of everyones favorite man of jolly cooperative action.

Now the dude beats you to all the locations he's sitting in, he gets there first, usually by a wide margin.

Now for every location but one this makes sense.

Just how the sweet fuck does he get to Anor Londo before me? The only conclusion I can come to is that the reason he isn't a summon for two other boss fights required to get there is because Solaire was too busy climbing the cliff and the very wall itself to get to Anor Londo.

So the dude not only climbs his way to the top but he sprints it past the two archers. No wonder the dude is having a sitdown by the bonfire, I would be too if I had just completed such a manly feat of action.

Does he brag about it? That isn't Solaire style...

Also..Knight's honour achievement get, yay!

hypoBla5t wrote:
    Had an incredibly productive (if that's the word) 2 hour on DkS today. I can't believe I'm still doing stuff for the first time after 200+ hours but here we go:

- Working on my first ever sorcerer build;
    - Freed Logan from the Archives for the first time ever for his crystal sorceries.
    - Cut off Seath's tail for the first ever time for the Moonlight Greatsword (which dominates - now just need some dragon scales).
    - Went and killed Dark Sun Gwyndolyn for the first time ever too and bought his crown for my build.

Awesomeness ahoy!!

SL 69 ATM, have about 24 VIT, 20 END and 42 INT (rest went on STR and DEX for 1H MLGS). What SL do you guys think I should aim for and what stats as a Darkwraith? Obviously I know I need 44 INT minimum, was thinking 50 if poss. then a bit more VIT and END yeah?
    The 'hideously overpowered for non-DLC boss content sorcerer equipment' usually goes something like this.

Head: Crown of Dusk.
    Chest, gloves and legs: Anything, depending on your armour preference.
    Ring 1: Bellowing Dragoncrest ring.
    Ring 2: Lingering Dragoncrest ring.
    Weapon 1: Anything enchanted or Moonlight Greatsword if you can use it.
    Alternate weapon 1: Sorcerer's catalyst or Logan's catalyst if you have it.
    Shield: depends on what you fancy.
    Alternate weapon slot 2: Pyromancy glove.
    Spell loadout: 4 slots.
    Slot 1: Homing Crystal Soulmass.
    Slot 2: Crystal Soul Spear (required 45 int).
    Slot 3: Soul Spear.
    Slot 4: Power Within.

That combination basically means you're two or three shotting non-DLC bosses with Power Within up since you get 20% additional damage from the Crown of dusk, 20% additional damage from the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring and 40% from power within. A massive 80% spell damage boost (if it works like that...not sure).

Edited by Dr_Mech at 05:11:33 12-02-2013
  • Architect_z 12 Feb 2013 08:45:11 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I prefer to smash people with clubs, and throw poo at them
  • Dangerous_Dan 12 Feb 2013 08:56:45 2,380 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    You shouldn't make a habit out of it.
  • Architect_z 12 Feb 2013 09:05:19 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:
    You shouldn't make a habit out of it.
    Too late, did it on friday night. Ended up in hospital with mild concussion. I think someone was unhappy with my poo throwing skills.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 09:17:29 11,978 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Couldn't even find my str/faith char last night. So rolled another cleric :) Capra next!

• quadfather 12 Feb 2013 09:29:32 11,978 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    From level 1 to overpowered in about 10 mins. Not a speed run as such, but some interesting stuff, especially for those that want to get through the catacombs quickly:

Nice vid - good weapon choice and decent run

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 10:00:11 265 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Awesome video,

Killed sheath last night - got the sword to on my first attempt, then found it to ne int based :( Now just dispatched the ceaseless discharge. May I ask, is it weird to be looking across at all those taurus demons and looking forward to the fight...... or am i feeling over confident and am being a little naive.

COMON YOU BASTARDS. WRATH OF THE GODS FOR YOU!!!

Will update in 10-15 mins with my progress and eventual pitiful demise I'm sure. The phrase out like a wet fart springs to mind.

Edited by mumtoucher at 10:01:50 12-02-2013
  • mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 10:11:29 265 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wet fart was an understatement as it turns out, I guess the only suitable description for my fate would be a bag full of smashed crabs.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 10:12:05 11,978 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Having fun yet? :)

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 10:26:23 265 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Loving every second of it quad, am I right I saw in an earlier post you are like I in you wear the armour that looks good? Rocking the silverknight with elite helm set atm - maybe this is my downfall but I dont care!!
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2013 10:32:43 11,978 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup, I just wear what I think looks good. I used to have full on upgraded armour, but that was ages ago.

Silverknight + elite is pretty sturdy armour though, so you're getting the best out of both worlds really

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 10:44:02 265 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Taurus demons dispatched and chaos ember is in my hands, now off to die somewhere else.
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last