Dark Souls Page 719

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• onestepfromlost 5 Feb 2013 14:58:54 2,117 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @Dr_Mech - The sanctuary guardian's tail is annoyingly simple to get. Just come back to the Garden when you've killed Manus and you'll find some of his jolly chums have moved in.
    didnt even realise you can get the guardians tail, had no luck at all with the other tail type boss in the DLC, his tail is never low enough to bloody hit!
  • onestepfromlost 5 Feb 2013 15:00:47 2,117 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Two hours..TWO HOURS...and still no boss kills.

Have a guess who I'm fighting.

That's right...Kalameet, I know his attack patterns but it is a case of fucking up once and you're done for, not to mention I'm doing this solo because I feel I have to redeem myself after needing help with Artorias. First hour was tail cutting, eventually got that using Great Combustion and my maxed out Ascended Pyro glove (go glove, lovely glove).

Still when I get back from work at 8:30ish today I'll give him another shot, Homing Crystal soul mass did bugger all damage so left, farmed a wee bit, bought a second could of Soul Spear which did a fuckton of damage to him, will be slinging Crystal and regular soul spears like they're going out of fashion.
    crown of dusk, bellowing dragoncresst ring, crystal soul spear, cystal soul spear, crystal soul spear, crystal soul spear, panic, soul spear, x8, panic again, cystal homing soulmass x10, and relax
  • Elathron 5 Feb 2013 15:24:23 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - Hehe. You wait until you reach the lofty heights of 90+int... You won't need that many spells at all, for the most part the bugger was flinching every time a CSS hit him inna chops :lol:
    EDIT - He also bleeds nicely seemingly, however his regen. does put a dampener on that so you have to build the dmg fast - good luck :D

Edited by Elathron at 16:17:08 05-02-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• senso-ji 5 Feb 2013 16:00:32 6,042 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech

Coat a strong weapon with Gold Pine resin, he doesn't like that (like all Dragons in the game).

Edited by senso-ji at 16:00:47 05-02-2013
  • teamHAM 5 Feb 2013 16:37:11 3,151 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kalameet has no worthwhile weakness against lightning. When I was first fighting him I used all forms of damage and lightning was pretty much the weakest. He certainly doesn't have a weakness to lightning anywhere near as strong as the other dragons.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• senso-ji 5 Feb 2013 16:40:21 6,042 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been helping others with Kalameet and lightning damage buff on a weapon does make a difference. Maybe not a huge one, but it does help. Kalameet is tough, though.
  • hypoBla5t 5 Feb 2013 20:37:36 1,572 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What SL are people DLCing at then?

I've had a few cracks at Artorias tonight, almost done him a couple of times, not disheartened though as I'm SL81 at the moment - I reckon if I went away and put 3 each into VIT, END and FTH it'd be much more manageable. Is SL90 too high though?

Already half planning a pyro / sorcery pure INT build as well, can't wait to crack on with that!!
  • SomaticSense 5 Feb 2013 21:09:47 9,145 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd say 81 is too high to be be honest. But it all depends on whether you wasted levels by putting points into stats you ended up not using.

I'm normally around 50-60 when I take it on using a focused build with no wasted stats. Usually I'll get the Lordvessel and do Ariamis before then venturing into the DLC.
  • puddleduck 5 Feb 2013 21:12:52 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do it as high as you want :)

It can be fairly tough, and in Ng+ it is much closer to the Demon's Souls NG+ in that it's tough almost regardless of SL.
  • SomaticSense 5 Feb 2013 21:17:14 9,145 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Remember, the bosses in the DLC have much more HP than their equivalents in the vanilla game. So even though you don't seem to be danaging them as much, it doesn't necessarily mean you are underlevelled.
  • Tuffty 5 Feb 2013 22:41:18 1,746 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I beat Artorias by myself! Only took me ohhh about 14 times! Turns out the Balder Side Sword +10 is pretty good! :D
  • Telepathic.Geometry 6 Feb 2013 06:14:42 11,558 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Elathron: Eh? I thought that after level 50 intelligence, it didn't change much, like the way the endurance stat maxes out at 40... Am I completely wrong in that assumption?

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Elathron 6 Feb 2013 09:14:22 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry - You'd think it doesn't matter much but the TCC with 99int has a magic adjustment of 315; making it even more powerful than it was at 50int where it was sat at about 270/80m/a. The difference here can be demonstrated on an undead soldier, an increase of 400 damage with a CSS says that the points weren't wasted!!! My char also benefits from doing over 1800HP of damage (on average) with the dark bead noob-combo, but I dislike the spell so I mainly use CMW and the other Crystal spells. I'd say that a higher SL cahracter does suffer from points giving less return, but, the reward for finishing a stat is actually greater than you'd think. Personally I reckon everyone should try a character who goes as high as he/she can on the SL route; high level PvP is a dman sight more challenging than it looks as all the tank armour in the world isn't going to stop a 99st great(insert weapon here) from slamming you to the floor!
    EDIT - Also, you mention endurance - on my main it's now 89. It's the next thing I intend on getting to 99. The reasoning is that I'll be able to equip my char how I want with far less restriction than previously. The fact that he has skin which is more difficult to bleed than a Rhino's is just an added bonus.

Edited by Elathron at 09:22:51 06-02-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 6 Feb 2013 09:22:55 2,412 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you're a faith build, you can use great magic barrier to help you in the kalameet fight.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 10:10:58 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For some reason, I now have two str/faith builds going...what's going on?!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Elathron 6 Feb 2013 10:14:07 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - You saw my piccy of the man-at-arms :p

• Architect_z 6 Feb 2013 10:29:10 2,412 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does anyone know if any of the DLC bosses suffer from bleed damage
  • Elathron 6 Feb 2013 10:41:42 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - The living ones do. Haven't managed to bleed Manus (never get the chance to build the meter up due to his relentless nature) but all the others bleed to a greater or lesser extent.

• quadfather 6 Feb 2013 11:07:33 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - I wouldn't rule it out :)

One of them is around 25/25/25/25 (vit,end,str,fai), and the other one (bizarrely) is around 25/25/16/16 - yet this one is already in anor londo. Which is strange for me - I normally level like mad before going that far

Though the latter one has rubbish kit.

I really shouldn't play DS late at night after a few beers :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 6 Feb 2013 12:06:10 2,412 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - Right, as i'm sucking at Starcraft 2 at the moment, i'm gonna go do the DLC with my bleeder build. ^_^
  • Dr_Mech 6 Feb 2013 14:54:45 1,050 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right so...

Killed Kalameet solo, came back from work and nailed him first try, yay!

But fuck Manus, yeah I did him solo but four fucking hours of the same boss fight, I wonder why people say Kalameet is harder, Kalameet has huge tells of his attacks, Manus has practically none and two of his Dark magic attacks have the same tell, the 'dark magic rain' and the 'dark magic implosion' both look the same but you've got split seconds to decide to dodge or to use the pendant.

Tried some invading in Oocile Township but for every 1 fight I had against an honourable person, I had 5 that were just gankers with two or three people just waiting to wail on you and they weren't just co-oping either, they were summoning red sign phantoms as well since I died just as they summoned one.

Though I had one very strange invasion.

Picture this, you spawn in a guys world and there is three Solaires (one normal and two golden phantoms)...they made no move to attack me but just praised the sun, so I broke out my channelers trident, did my dance and left.

Praisin' ain't easy.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 20:52:48 06-02-2013
  • MrV333 6 Feb 2013 15:00:44 108 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I must have one of the most leisurely 1st play throughs of DS, I'm farming for chunks before Gwyn having started this char in Dec 2011.
    Got past O&S with Elathron's assistance last year some time and am finally about to finish. SL 104 hahaha... I do love the game but feel I haven't quite played it as intended....
  • Elathron 6 Feb 2013 15:10:06 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @MrV333 - Sheesh dude!!! I thought I hadn't seen you on in a while, but that long? I'm still playing a few hours (lol) every week if you need any assistance buddy... Speaking of that, still gotta try to summon Dr_Mech tonight to drop a few gubbins off :confused:

• Dr_Mech 6 Feb 2013 15:18:37 1,050 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ah the sunbro isn't anywhere near the required level yet but I will get on that fairly shortly.
  • Elathron 6 Feb 2013 15:26:30 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - SO long as the level is closer it shouldn't be an issue. But then, we worked out I could summon you with my 134?

• Architect_z 6 Feb 2013 15:42:02 2,412 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - I once got summoned for co-op, I was dressed as ornstein, in full armour, with his spear, and the person who summoned just happened to be a replica of smough. The person who invaded us must have been really confused

Edited by Architect_z at 15:46:22 06-02-2013
  • Dr_Mech 6 Feb 2013 16:38:11 1,050 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah the Sunbro is only 118 so he might not be close close enough.

Architect_z wrote:
    @Dr_Mech - I once got summoned for co-op, I was dressed as ornstein, in full armour, with his spear, and the person who summoned just happened to be a replica of smough. The person who invaded us must have been really confused
    All I can picture is a Smough and Ornstein roadtrip buddy movie now.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:39:17 06-02-2013
  • MrV333 6 Feb 2013 16:42:53 108 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Elathron I'm cool for help atm, want to finish this off then have some fun trying different stuff in ng+.
    No doubt will have some shenanigans some time soon.....
  • puddleduck 6 Feb 2013 17:12:04 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech

Haha

I'm seeing Ornstein trying to get Smough laid with hilarious consequences.
  • Page

of 1218 First / Last