Like it :)

I have another one too -

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Elathron 4 Feb 2013 16:24:33 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I think all of us should go on a Dark Souls night out. lol
    Fancy dress as your fave dark souls character and we'll invade some pubs. ^_^
    Yeah, I'd be up for this. Although, judging by my wallet (and my paltry 20 endurance) I'd probably end up wearing the tattered set :D Although I would absolutely love to dress as Solaire!!!! Funny thing is I know a Polish Blacksmith named Andre who occassionally makes a commissioned suit of plate mail... Small world, although I don't think I could afford the £3/8k pricetag for a suit of plate (half plate/chain Crusader/Templar style armour in Solaire's case). I wouldn't wanna go drinking in London anyways, it'd be better in a medieval castle or summit, go to one of those Banquests that get randomly thrown in the summer (then we really could dress up and fight in armour too :lol: ).

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 16:26:07 996 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sadly the only Dark souls character I have the same build as would be Smough...well a mini-Smough.

*sighs*
  • quadfather 4 Feb 2013 16:26:25 11,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - if we're talking cards on the table, I do a yearly larp event/adventure, so I actually can come in full costume :)

but I think we should just have a beer and be sensible. At least for the first hour anyway :)

Where is everyone based? Cheshire, North West here

• Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 16:28:08 996 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm Larping you say...my tis been a while since I did that. Use to go LARPing down Chislehurst caves back when I was a younger lad.

Though it would be hilarious if we all had both the money or the skill to make proper Dark Souls character costumes and turned up at The Gathering (which IIRC is the yearly one?)

Based...oddly enough..in London, well outskirts of London (Croydon) but london none the less.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:28:34 04-02-2013
  • Architect_z 4 Feb 2013 16:28:17 2,374 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I want the knight solaire hoody. ^_^
  • Elathron 4 Feb 2013 16:29:30 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Newhaven (East of Brighton), East Sussex. Also known as "Black hole" and "Royston Vasey".

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 16:34:55 11,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Hmm Larping you say...my tis been a while since I did that. Use to go LARPing down Chislehurst caves back when I was a younger lad.

Though it would be hilarious if we all had both the money or the skill to make proper Dark Souls character costumes and turned up at The Gathering (which IIRC is the yearly one?)

Based...oddly enough..in London, well outskirts of London (Croydon) but london none the less.
    Yeah, I used to do it a lot, a long time ago. Finally went again 2 years ago with the intent of just doing some photography, and it was such a laugh I ended up monstering for them for most of it. So last year I rolled a character and will give it another go this year and see how it goes.

Be fun if we did it in character I guess.

Could probably rent some stuff for a weekend, and then customise it to be ds related - be cheaper

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 16:35:29 11,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So Cheshire, London and Sussex so far. Couldn't be farther apart :-/

• teamHAM 4 Feb 2013 16:58:41 2,748 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some guy hand made this. Pretty impressive no?

Edited by teamHAM at 16:59:07 04-02-2013

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• puddleduck 4 Feb 2013 17:13:28 1,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm in Bristol, but having just lost my job I'm more broke then the frame rate in Blightown :(

I have family in London though, so either's good with me. Much pricier night out in London for sure. If you'd asked me a month ago, I would have been very keen before I was financially lagstabbed.

Edited by puddleduck at 17:14:14 04-02-2013
  • EMarkM 4 Feb 2013 17:14:07 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @EveryWho'sAsked I've done the action mentioned in the *tip* above, so...trying not to reveal spoilers (typing on phone) I can now get to where the big pig was, have opened the gate from the other side, and have tackled a number of new enemies that look like knights with fancy clothes & armour.

I have been into a large room where one of these attacks you from the left as you enter, and have done a bit of exploring around outside there.
  • puddleduck 4 Feb 2013 17:15:43 1,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That big room (or church if you want to be accurate heh) has a lift in the back left hand corner that might take you to somewhere familiar... Also if you head to the right of the church and take a right turn before entering it you should stumble across a bonfire and a friendly face :)
  • EMarkM 4 Feb 2013 17:17:28 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @puddleduck Ah, cool, intriguing. Say no more!
  • Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 22:29:55 996 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok Elathron, slapped my summon sign down by where the Firekeeper's soul normally is in the Undead Parish church. Hopefully we can get this to work.

Edit: Well couldn't get it to work so once Elathron went to bed (sensible move). I thought well sod it, we'll do this the hard way.

Basically discovered if you equip a crappy weapon, in this case a shortsword, hit her three times in quick succession while she's invisible it does barely any damage but will knock her out of the invisibility, switched to my Enchanted Greatscythe and got the tail that way. YAY!

Edited by Dr_Mech at 01:17:38 05-02-2013
  • Elathron 5 Feb 2013 08:57:57 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - Hehe, sorry about that dude :confused: Had to get some kip so I could be here writing this message now! Sometimes the DaS servers are crap and we'll get constantly put into different "zones" - making it impossible to summon. I think it should've worked with both characters but the netcode was against us - you're 128 and the ones I ahd in were 134 and 150 respectively. The 150 I think was just out of range (not when it had a gold sign down though - that was odd) but the 134 was most certainly within the criteria of being a summon. I think it was just against us haha.

• puddleduck 5 Feb 2013 09:04:03 1,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Try to use areas that are less "busy." You'll find the undead burg and church will be pretty busy and less likely to be put together. Me and DD always struggled most to get the summons working there.
  • Dr_Mech 5 Feb 2013 09:05:52 996 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah well, no worries, my Knight's Honour chevo guy will be a sunbro, he has the faith for it so that should help out.

It was greatly appreciated though Elathron, hopefully once I get the Sunbro in the 150 range we can try again and see if we can get it to work, if not, guess I'll do things the proper way :).

Ah we tried the Ceaseless Discharge fog gate and still couldn't get it to work.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 09:07:17 05-02-2013
  • Elathron 5 Feb 2013 09:14:30 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @puddleduck We even tried just before ceaseless, however my character wasn't that far in (who was 134) on NG+. He's got a lot of areas unlocked but I can't for the life of me remember where he's at in the game (apart from pre-lordvessel). I think we'll have to try somewhere like Blighttown or Darkroot Garden bonfire (lots of people, not that much traffic there - gereat for invading - which, you can do to me if all else fails as Dr_Mech's avatars are a lower level than most of my chars I've realised).

EDIT - Pardon the "Tony the Tiger" moment up there ("gereat for invading")...

Edited by Elathron at 09:19:15 05-02-2013

• quadfather 5 Feb 2013 09:18:30 11,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @puddleduck Ah, cool, intriguing. Say no more!
    How are you getting on? :)

• Elathron 5 Feb 2013 09:20:33 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - No worries dude, I seem to be the resident general store in this game, I don't mind sharing the wealth I've accumulated =D

• puddleduck 5 Feb 2013 09:25:55 1,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @Dr_Mech - No worries dude, I seem to be the resident general store in this game, I don't mind sharing the wealth I've accumulated =D
    He has a lovely selection of top shelf material too. You ain't seen nothing until you've seen Smough in a bikini.
  • Elathron 5 Feb 2013 09:36:10 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @puddleduck That's 7 shades of ew. At least until I get to hold his amazing chest with both hands...

• puddleduck 5 Feb 2013 09:56:55 1,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just don't buy his special edition Ceaseless Discharge video...
  • quadfather 5 Feb 2013 10:01:09 11,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ban this sick filth

• puddleduck 5 Feb 2013 10:10:34 1,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Queeflag and Queeflana's video is a particular highlight.
  • Dr_Mech 5 Feb 2013 12:01:20 996 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Firstly..eww..

Secondly
    Headed into the DLC area (I boughts it yay!), was trying for the tail cut on Sanctuary guardian when I saw my weapon did a massive 190ish damage, tried several times and thought, fuck it lets just kill this mofo.

I summoned help for Artorias because fuck that guy, seriously, he's like Gwyn on steroids and while Crystal Soul Spear did a fuckton of damage and old reliable homing Crystal Soul mass wasn't cutting it, me and a Sunbro took him down though, praise the Sun.

Now working my way through Oocile Township, am in NG++ at Soul level 128.
  • Elathron 5 Feb 2013 12:03:06 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - The sanctuary guardian's tail is annoyingly simple to get. Just come back to the Garden when you've killed Manus and you'll find some of his jolly chums have moved in.

Edited by Elathron at 12:03:41 05-02-2013

• EMarkM 5 Feb 2013 12:52:32 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:

How are you getting on? :)
    It'll probably be Saturday morning before I get another go :(
  • Dr_Mech 5 Feb 2013 14:33:31 996 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Two hours..TWO HOURS...and still no boss kills.

Have a guess who I'm fighting.

That's right...Kalameet, I know his attack patterns but it is a case of fucking up once and you're done for, not to mention I'm doing this solo because I feel I have to redeem myself after needing help with Artorias. First hour was tail cutting, eventually got that using Great Combustion and my maxed out Ascended Pyro glove (go glove, lovely glove).

Still when I get back from work at 8:30ish today I'll give him another shot, Homing Crystal soul mass did bugger all damage so left, farmed a wee bit, bought a second could of Soul Spear which did a fuckton of damage to him, will be slinging Crystal and regular soul spears like they're going out of fashion.
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last