Dark Souls Page 717

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• Elathron 4 Feb 2013 10:45:29 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @hypoBla5t - If you've killed the 4 Kings, and therefore also Sif - you cannae get to the DLC?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• teamHAM 4 Feb 2013 10:50:48 2,404 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wut

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• Elathron 4 Feb 2013 10:53:51 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I thought you had to keep Sif alive for the "portal" to appear? Or am I completely off the mark here and have been keeping myslef sans fur coat for no reason?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 10:57:46 940 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No you just need to keep sif alive purely if you want the heartbreaking alternate intro cutscene.

As long as you've done the correct sequence to make the DLC happen then ye should be ok.
  • teamHAM 4 Feb 2013 11:04:11 2,404 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Elathron

You are drunk with Darkmoon victories my friend.

:D

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 11:21:53 10,543 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What about my bloody ring of sacrifice?!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Elathron 4 Feb 2013 11:22:26 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @teamHAM Mwuhahaha. There's me who went a whole (half)playthrough without doing the DLC as I thought because I'd killed Sif it were impossible. Typical me haha. Ugh, got trolled so many times it ended up being funny. Asides from coming up agianst the usual persons trying to Dark Bead at point blank range - it's getting amusing rolling out of the way for 10 minutes before the person runs out of spells then panics like a mule in a knackers yeard - there was a fairly mixed bag of foes. Getting harder to DM invade though, it seems people don't indict as often as they used to.

• Architect_z 4 Feb 2013 11:57:10 2,293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - Never used a ring of sacrifice. But what happened to you is pretty funny. Guess you'll have to get uncursed. I think the red dude in New Londo can remove the curse by sticking his finger up your characters butt
  • Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 11:57:40 940 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    What about my bloody ring of sacrifice?!
    Got no answer for that sadly unless using a regular ring of sacrifice doesn't nullify the curse effect and therefore the soul retrival thingymabob doesn't take effect unless you were using a Rare ring of sacrifice in which case all I can say is...it was a bug?

May be after one of you fellow Xboxians to do some item trading and by that I mean switching items from one of my characters to another since one has the channeler's trident and the other needs it because he is my Knight's honour achievement character, while one wants Priscilla's Dagger and the other has it.

Just curious but as long as they've picked up the weapons they don't need to keep it hanging around do they? Otherwise it will be the pain in the arse of getting Priscilla's Dagger on my Int/Dex build.

After that just need to finish up Boss soul crafting and I'll snag that achievement. The Sorcery equivilent was a hell of a lot easier since all but three of the spells are bought from vendors and involve just following one questline to the very end to obtain.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 12:03:20 04-02-2013
  • Elathron 4 Feb 2013 12:11:46 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech I'll remember to add you tonight lol. I'll drop off the gubbins you need for the cheevos, plus any slabs/sub-slabs that you require :p

• Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 12:16:45 940 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers, just want the Channeler's Trident on one character and Priscilla's Dagger on another, the last remaining non-boss soul weapons I need are either drops that aren't as heinously rare as the Channeler's Trident, treasures or bought from people (Silver Knight Shield, Silver knight spear, Silver knight sword, Velka's rapier and Crescent Axe).

Still if you want to drop those on me then not going to say no. Just want the Knight's honour achievement, not really fussed about anything else, got the Sage one because I was a playing a sorcery character and just got all the spells I needed since they're all somewhat useful.
  • quadfather 4 Feb 2013 12:23:22 10,543 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - I think you're right - perhaps if you get cursed the ring doesn't work. Good point.

Ah well, I went all the way back to belltower, got cleansed, went all the way back and then promptly died to a fucking dukes archive archer bum fest, so lost all the fucking souls anyway :)

And then proceeded to fall off the paths in the crystal caves

AGAIN.

• onestepfromlost 4 Feb 2013 12:35:19 1,962 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah i think if you get killed by curse (ie seath) then you need to wear a rare ring, i think if he kills you with one of his normal attacks the normal ring would have been fine i think
  • Elathron 4 Feb 2013 12:45:15 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So, it seems the young Pinwheel was born in India (before he travelled the cosmos and stole the rite of Kindling and raped Nito for his powers).

• EMarkM 4 Feb 2013 12:47:08 3,133 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:

Now it gets quite interesting :)
    It's taken its time, but it's gradually drawing me in.

Bit like Dragon's Dogma: it took me a while to get into that too, and look at how much I love it now!

Was getting a bit depressed starting from the same bonfire again and again, and often not even making it to Taurus. Alright, I'm STILL at the same bonfire for now, but things are definitely coming together more.
  • Architect_z 4 Feb 2013 12:54:34 2,293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron - (the picture) I lol'd
  • Elathron 4 Feb 2013 13:02:36 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - So did I :-P Apparently it's one of the events from the Indian Rural Olympics. Tell you what, they look a damn sight more intersting than our own games - like the "how many bricks can you suspend from your teeth wihtout them shattering out of your jaw" event.

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 13:20:06 10,543 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

Now it gets quite interesting :)
    It's taken its time, but it's gradually drawing me in.

Bit like Dragon's Dogma: it took me a while to get into that too, and look at how much I love it now!

Was getting a bit depressed starting from the same bonfire again and again, and often not even making it to Taurus. Alright, I'm STILL at the same bonfire for now, but things are definitely coming together more.
    It'll fully click soon, don't worry. And then you'll be a lost cause like the rest of us.

Tip - when you get past the taurus demon, examine underneath the bridge where the dragon is. They'll be a ladder that you can kick down. This helps.

• Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 14:18:42 940 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok, got a question to ask.

Spirits of Vengeance I'm assuming are Darkmoon blade covenant people right?

Was waiting in Anor Londo to do some Jolly Cooperation (hey just because I'm a Chaos Servant doesn't mean I can't be engaged in friendly coop). Got invaded twice by the same guy. First time he eats Homing Crystal soulmass twice and dies, second time I think "Fuck it, lets not use spells, Imma breaking out the Channelers trident, let us not just be all about teh magic, plus he's probably learned to dodge now."

So he rounds the corner, we both size each other up for a moment, doing the backwards and forwards thing when I go "Fuck it, Dance party time!" So I break into the dance, at which point he backs waaaay the fuck off. I'm guessing he never encountered anyone using the Channeler's Trident before and didn't know what the dance does.

Long story short I'm guessing he must have been fairly low level because his attacks with a lightning claymore did bugger all damage and when I hit him with the heavy one handed attack the spin motion after the main thrust seemed to be enough to nearly drain all his endurance.

So yeah...ended up killing him again with a Channeler's Trident +4.

Felt kind of bad about it because he must have been a lot lower level than me which just doesn't seem fair.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 14:19:13 04-02-2013
  • lukejones 4 Feb 2013 14:21:59 398 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @hypoBla5t SL75 will be fine. Challenging, but fine.
  • lukejones 4 Feb 2013 14:22:48 398 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech To be fair, it’s his own fault for invading. I’m rubbish at PvP so just avoid invading people altogether. The only time I’ve done it I got destroyed.
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Feb 2013 14:27:28 16,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just had an invader, he essentially kicked my arse for the most part, he seemed to be using that attack that was shown a few pages back as I was blocking but he was still able to hit me when next to me. He had a huge lightning weapon, halberd I think.

This is on my NG+ and I wasn't really very prepared for invasion as the claymore is pretty rubbish against someone with the flipping ring of flipiness, same with magic attacks but he fucked up once and I practically one shotted him with a soul spear and then got a partial hit in with my claymore and he was down. Very satisfying :-)

You are a factory of sadness.

• Elathron 4 Feb 2013 14:45:11 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - Spirits of vengenace are blue, who are similar to the Dark Phantoms (of the Firest Cov) except that you can't indict them. You killed somone with a Channeler's Trident? That's good going to say the least seeing as how u.p. it is :confused:

Edited by Elathron at 14:45:42 04-02-2013

• EMarkM 4 Feb 2013 14:59:48 3,133 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather Re: tip - think I've done that OK - quick route from Burg bonfire to "a big tail"?
  • Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 15:32:17 940 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You now have two options, either continue under the bridge and avoid said big tail or if you wait uptop by the side wall on the section with steps that lead onto bridge, wait for it to take off to land on said bridge and book it past as hard as you can which should lead to a bonfire.
  • Architect_z 4 Feb 2013 16:02:09 2,293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think all of us should go on a Dark Souls night out. lol
    Fancy dress as your fave dark souls character and we'll invade some pubs. ^_^
  • quadfather 4 Feb 2013 16:05:01 10,543 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup - you can go underneath the bridge, but there's some annoying rats there that will probably toxify your arse if you're not careful

I always stand at the bridge in the middle on the right where you're safe. And then fire 1 arrow at the dragon which makes him land right near you. Soon as he lands, absolutely run like fuck past him as Dr Mech says

@EMarkM - whereabouts are you now then?

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 16:05:34 10,543 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I think all of us should go on a Dark Souls night out. lol
    Fancy dress as your fave dark souls character and we'll invade some pubs. ^_^
    I'd be up for this! I'm a massive pisshead! \o/

Please don't say London...

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 16:06:44 10,543 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I could even wear my ds t-shirt to identify myself!

• Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 16:14:12 940 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right I'll be on from about 10pm tonight Elathron, Xboxlive name is DrMechano.

Also if we're talking T-shirts
  • Page

of 1190 First / Last