• quadfather 3 Feb 2013 13:03:42 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And you can lure him into the flames if you manoevre yourself right

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 3 Feb 2013 14:08:09 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @EMarkM - You can backstab the boar. Thrust your weapon deep into his anus.
  • Architect_z 3 Feb 2013 14:33:17 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Language! honestly!
  • teamHAM 3 Feb 2013 14:39:18 2,884 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nothing like a bit of boiled spam on a Sunday.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• EMarkM 3 Feb 2013 14:41:15 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Architect_z :: snort :: Will do!
  • Architect_z 3 Feb 2013 14:44:49 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @Architect_z :: snort :: Will do!
    Also, one thing to note, you can only do it on that boar. If you're unfortunate to find any other boars during the game, you cannot stab it in the anus
  • onestepfromlost 3 Feb 2013 15:36:16 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    so managed to squeeze a few hours in last night and finished my first play through. sure there was a few things i forgot to do before going on to NG+. tried the fina area a few times human, invasion central.

first one blasted me with pursuer while i was bowing, i think im not going to be the honourable sort anymore. the other one was an DM invader, good etiquette, totally smashed me though some curved sword. maybe a great sword with crystal weapon or something. think he might have had greater magic sheild or something as my spells or magic weapon did nothing so switched to lightning which also did bugger all. then he one shotted me! yay.

so i still suck at pvp.

Edited by onestepfromlost at 15:38:08 03-02-2013
  • Dr_Mech 3 Feb 2013 15:47:10 1,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whats this!

What is all this bosses dropping humanity and homeward bones nonsense!

Back in my unpatched game you were lucky to have the bosses drop anything, the miserable bastards, they would be like "oh no, I could drop a humanity if I felt like it...but I don't...ha!"

The jumping arse monsters in Lost Izalith nolonger have their massive aggro range! You mean I've been spending 30 minutes to an hour slogging through that LIKE A MAN and all these fancy update people could just saunter past? Blasphemy!*

Plus I've noticed they've made a few enemy placements slightly less dickish from the unpatched version. The archers ontop of the Tarus demon tower use to be positioned in that one was right ontop of the ladder, meaning it took split second timing to dodge, now they've shuffled them back a bit giving you more time to dodge roll away.

Not sure how I feel about all this 'slightly less dickish' thing the Developers have going on.

Hell I even got the Channeler's Trident to drop off the very first channeler in Undead Parish!

*while I may act insulted that they've made the game easier, a lot of the things they've changed I've noticed were mostly one of the few times I would say they were cheap damage/deaths (especially the archers, that was basically luck based if you didn't get hit or not).
  • Tuffty 3 Feb 2013 19:33:41 1,554 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holy fuck Artorias!! :o Such an epic fight and yet I barely make a scratch on him, even with my fully upgraded Quelaag Furysword. This could take a while.
  • onestepfromlost 3 Feb 2013 19:46:19 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i think he might have fire resistance? could be wrong. its all a matter of learning his moves and prolly better avoiding rather than blocking them, and trying to make him fkinch when he does his big black magic powerup thing, one or two times of him doing that and his hits could one shot you even through a shielkd they could take down your whole stamina bar and most health.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 20:12:42
    @Tuffty Just hang back and dodge his attacks a little to get a decent understanding of his moveset. He’s hellishly fast but if you smash him with a powerful weapon he won‘t take long at all.

If you’re trying to block his attacks, it won’t work. He has powerful dark magic and will cause you to stagger. Roll like you’ve never rolled before.

Edited by lukejones at 20:13:28 03-02-2013
  • Tuffty 3 Feb 2013 21:26:34 1,554 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Problem is that based on my dex pyro build, I really only have the Quelaag Furysword and a Divine Iiato +10 to speak of so this might take longer. Is it "normal" to do maybe 50 points of damage with each hit on him? Getting used to his attacks now but it's just it could take forever. Might be best to summon someone to help.
  • quadfather 3 Feb 2013 21:32:16 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    Problem is that based on my dex pyro build, I really only have the Quelaag Furysword and a Divine Iiato +10 to speak of so this might take longer. Is it "normal" to do maybe 50 points of damage with each hit on him? Getting used to his attacks now but it's just it could take forever. Might be best to summon someone to help.
    Have you got something with a bit more reach, like a spear? I find it really helps having additional range with something

• teamHAM 3 Feb 2013 21:36:43 2,884 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Tuffty

If you are a giant tank with godly stamina and a shield like GSoA, then just tank him. If not, go light. Keep 25% roll speed and learn to side roll his swings and combos. Two hand your weapon and wear a shield on your back like Sanctus or more effectively Grass Crest.

In terms of resistance, he is pretty much very resistant to everything. Physical damage, fire, lightning, and sorceries.

And, Artorias laughs at your Furysword.

:)

• Tuffty 3 Feb 2013 22:20:56 1,554 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather Just my Lightning Spear +5! XD
  • onestepfromlost 3 Feb 2013 22:42:30 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are your pyromancies doing much damage to him, i found with my magic its a question of not being too greedy with getting hits in, doge attack, cast one spell go back to moving about dodging, never try to hit him with two in a row.
  • Tuffty 3 Feb 2013 22:55:42 1,554 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ Good question, my great fireballs do about 200 dmg which is handy. I have great combustion which does about 120. I've fire tempest, fire orb and poison mist too. I wonder if I can stack up on fire spells to wittle his health down at least and use iron flesh too.....Damn, now I want to play it again! Damn you work!!

Edited by Tuffty at 22:56:53 03-02-2013
  • teamHAM 3 Feb 2013 23:33:19 2,884 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iron Flesh got nerfed so it's not nearly as useful as it used to be. It has huge limitations for the Artorias fight because it makes you so slow, and doesn't provide enough protection from his attacks to warrant the movement penalty.

• Telepathic.Geometry 4 Feb 2013 01:08:23 11,294 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    teamHAM wrote: And, Artorias laughs at your Furysword.
    I'll tell you what he doesn't laugh at, crystal soul spear... He cries.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Dr_Mech 4 Feb 2013 06:18:10 1,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    teamHAM wrote: And, Artorias laughs at your Furysword.
    I'll tell you what he doesn't laugh at, crystal soul spear... He cries.
    Nobody laughs at the Crystal sorcery spells, I swear they have innate armour penetration like the Rapiers do on ripostes.
  • hypoBla5t 4 Feb 2013 08:03:29 1,395 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Morning all.

Thanks for the tips on the pure faith build, got an occult great scythe +5 which is working out nicely. Started the build on Friday, had a few hefty sessions over the weekend and took him past 4 Kings, Seath and Nito so just the second part of Lost Izalith to go.

Anyways, I haven't played the DLC before, can anyone recommend what SL to start it at? At 75 at the moment, was gonna complete all of vanilla apart from Gwyn first then have a crack.
  • EMarkM 4 Feb 2013 08:08:16 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, the pig's dead. Permanently, it turns out, which I wasn't sure was going to be the case. Gate open. Died some more times.
  • quadfather 4 Feb 2013 08:55:00 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So I take my new str build to the dukes, put on a ring of sacrifice, go through the door and die as per normal but lose all my souls and end up cursed? The fuck?

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 08:55:47 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    So, the pig's dead. Permanently, it turns out, which I wasn't sure was going to be the case. Gate open. Died some more times.
    Now it gets quite interesting :)

• teamHAM 4 Feb 2013 10:38:30 2,884 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @hypoBla5t

SL75 is fine mate. Just wear your Sunday best.

• Page

of 1199 First / Last