Dark Souls Page 715

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• quadfather 1 Feb 2013 19:35:09 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Elathron wrote:

EDIT - Quaddy, if you see this, it's not a hint to start another build...
    Too late, hes already started. Taurus down!
    Must. Resist.

Even me with my shiny goldfish attention shiny blindsinded brain realises that I CANNOT start another char at the mo! Got 4 currently, and that doesn't include demons souls chars :D

Though I do have my last remaining mule bb character, so...

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Mr_Sleep 1 Feb 2013 19:46:00 16,838 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep - aye, you've got to look on the funny side :)

Cool, I'll add you on steam later - got ds for pc too, so that works
    I do have it on the xbox but my Gold recently expired, I don't have the DLC and I'm not sure I can go back to the non-super PC version. So, erm, yeah, PC ahoy.

You are a factory of sadness.

• teamHAM 1 Feb 2013 19:50:33 2,739 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am also teamHAM on Steam and have Dark Souls for it aswell as Xbox, so feel free to add me for any jolly co-op.

@Elathron

Yeah it does suck big time. Now I just have a huge rectangular hole in my ceiling, with a bag over it =/ Hopefully next week someone will sort it out for me. At least I got heating/water though.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• quadfather 1 Feb 2013 20:04:37 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cool, I'll add you both. Haven't been on the super duper pc version for a while. Be fun to check what characters I've got.

Which reminds me, what's a quick way to check what my progress is with the trophys? Compare with someone else? This the ps version I'm on about. I guess you can track the pc version via steam

• quadfather 1 Feb 2013 20:51:29 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right, I've had a few beers now. Time to go home and wreak some dark souls havok I think :)

• Tuffty 2 Feb 2013 00:24:00 1,498 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love how getting to access the DLC area is even obscure. So I've finally reached it and pretty sure I died in the first 30 secs XD It's a real "oh hey I see you've put over 100 hrs in this game now, you think you're comfortable right? NOPE!" But I love it for that. Honestly, it's stuff like this that doesn't make me worry for the sequel. It shows that From Software has a commitment to really challenge players and to challenge them in such a way that it rewards as much as it infuriates. Haven't beaten the Sanctuary Guardian but I'm getting there. Will give it another crack tomorrow morning.

New Dark Souls content to playthrough <3

Edited by Tuffty at 00:25:35 02-02-2013
  • onestepfromlost 2 Feb 2013 03:47:56 2,039 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    the first dlc boss threw me a bit at first but after a attempt or two i got him sorted, sorcerty is good for boss maiming
  • Architect_z 2 Feb 2013 08:12:14 2,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I really should try the DLC again, i've only completed it once. Could be bastard invader there too. ^_^

Might use my blood build. I wonder if Manus is affected by bleed damage. Probably not.
  • Dr_Mech 2 Feb 2013 08:45:51 990 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    As an example of my shitness with bosses, I know exactly what the endless discharge (snicker) is going to do, it's telegraphed and obvious yet I was hit every single time in my last play through. Luckily I had 10 estus otherwise I would have been dead. I find it funny more than anything.

Maybe I'll give it a go over the weekend. I'm tempted to go and smash up some blacksmiths before I finish things so I can get the ring at that point.

True, we should, I'm Mr_Sleep on steam so add me up and we can always do some co-op at some point :-)
    Actually Ceaseless Discharge isn't meant to be fought in a stand up fight, the reason you were getting hit is because his tentacle slam attack both has a lot large hitbox than it appears and is unblockable.

There is one official way to make the fight ridiculously easy (as in it isn't a glitch or an exploit but put there by the developers) and a 'proper' way to finish the fight. Basically Ceaseless Discharge is a gimmick fight much like the Dragon God in Demon Souls.

Pondering what builds to try next, done Tanky McTankerson and Spell slinging, might try a Dex build next. I do wish I was online so one of you guys could drop me the one item I need for Knight's Honor that isn't easily available (still need the Channeler's Trident, Velka's Rapier and the Crescent axe...but those two are just treasure/bought from NPCs).

Edited by Dr_Mech at 08:50:05 02-02-2013
  • Elathron 2 Feb 2013 12:21:17 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - I'm on now buddy if you need any help? Elathron is my gamertag on XBL

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• teamHAM 2 Feb 2013 12:25:06 2,739 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    There is one official way to make the fight ridiculously easy (as in it isn't a glitch or an exploit but put there by the developers)
    It was changed in the latest patch.

• Elathron 2 Feb 2013 12:53:41 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ceaseless just requires a little love. He looks so sad, so he puts his appendage down on the stones for us to beat until he spurts his hot goo all over his dead sister...
    Dark Souls, meet Mills and Boon :D

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• onestepfromlost 2 Feb 2013 14:10:39 2,039 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron meh got a assessment to hand in for monday so prolly wont be on all weekend :(
  • quadfather 2 Feb 2013 14:19:12 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Started the strength/faith build this morning. Yes, I know I've already got a strength/faith build already, but that's on the ps, and today I'm on the pc :)

Anyway, did the normal master key/astora's sword to get going, but this time, as I'd found some twinkling titanite, I thought I'd try something different and skip taurus and red dragon.

So legged it past Havel, and got the lizard in the basin (up to 4 twinkling now) and ran past the tree's and titanite demon to get straight to Andre. Upgraded Astora's sword to +2 and just needed a few souls to get it to 3. That's not bad for half an hours work - at the parish/forest areas to choose from now, with +3 astora's sword, and levelled strength and faith (and dex to equip shortbow), also got the leather armour from the basin too.

Level 9 to boot! And I haven't died yet (apart from deliberate sword suicide run)

/just tempted fate.

• teamHAM 2 Feb 2013 14:30:15 2,739 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Add me Quaddy and soon we can do some jolly co-op on the PC if you like. To be fair I haven't done a great deal at all on the PC version since I got it.

• quadfather 2 Feb 2013 16:11:50 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM - I sent you an invite last night mate, you've yet to respond :)

• teamHAM 2 Feb 2013 17:06:44 2,739 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather

Sorry mate, accepted now :)

• quadfather 2 Feb 2013 17:48:50 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cool. Though I'm off to the pub now :)

• senso-ji 2 Feb 2013 18:55:28 5,789 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The type of new glitches found in this game are just crazy sometimes:

Edited by senso-ji at 20:51:33 02-02-2013
  • puddleduck 2 Feb 2013 20:35:55 1,853 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Err what... So he's basically applied darkmoon blade to the stone greatsword which when he then does the TWOP move with and it shoots out damage???
  • senso-ji 2 Feb 2013 20:51:15 5,789 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks like it :) Although it seems that you need to have quick fingers to apply the buff, so I don't anticipate this being a problem in PvP ;)
  • puddleduck 2 Feb 2013 21:02:41 1,853 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It does seem like a lot of effort for something that can basically be replicated with far more damage by something like WOG.
  • Dr_Mech 3 Feb 2013 10:05:15 990 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yay!

Mates Xbox just packed up (his second one but both were the first run models he bought for ridiculously cheap second hand) and he decided he'd rather switch to PS3, so he has kindly given me his old wireless thingymabob.

Now just got to sit through the Xbox updating, then Dark Souls updating, then make an Xbox live name for myself (have 3 months live membership waiting and ready) and I'll finally be able to get online with Dark Souls.

Look forward to joining some of you cads for jolly cooperation!

Wonder if Havel_the_Rock is taken as an xbox live name...(the answer is probably...)

Edited by Dr_Mech at 10:06:11 03-02-2013
  • Elathron 3 Feb 2013 10:47:59 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - Dude! That's excellent news! I'll be on inna sec if you fancy some invader-bashing?

• Dr_Mech 3 Feb 2013 11:15:25 990 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right I'm on now as DrMechano and...I just won my second PvP fight!

First PvP fight I rolled straight into the DLC version of homing soul mass and must have looked like a right noob...

Second fight was a guy in full giants armour using a lightning washing pole (unusual choice) and a greatshield of artorias. Tried meleeing him and got back stabbed for my troubles but then broke out homing crystal soul mass and thought, fuck it, hopefully he's too slow to dodge, which he was.

Both of the invaders bowed though which was nice.

soul level 102

Edited by Dr_Mech at 11:17:47 03-02-2013
  • captbirdseye 3 Feb 2013 12:11:59 4,781 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any recommendations on a fast dps thief build? Was thinking high dex and End? Getting a bit bored with my tank and Pyromancer just feels like cheating as its so easy.

Edited by captbirdseye at 12:37:03 03-02-2013
  • EMarkM 3 Feb 2013 12:23:33 3,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, finally beat Taurus Demon and progressed a little further. Shot the dragon's tail a few times for a nice gift, got poisoned by some rats a time or two, and wondering where best to go after that bit.

Think I'm around level 18 or so. Str 12, Dex 16, Vit 14 and End 13. Something like that anyway. Just had a minor power outage, thankfully not at a vital moment!

Game did restart me at beginning of Undead Burg rather than at my bonfire, though. Cue a few minutes of confusion and bewilderment.
  • captbirdseye 3 Feb 2013 12:39:23 4,781 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    So, finally beat Taurus Demon and progressed a little further. Shot the dragon's tail a few times for a nice gift, got poisoned by some rats a time or two, and wondering where best to go after that bit.

Think I'm around level 18 or so. Str 12, Dex 16, Vit 14 and End 13. Something like that anyway. Just had a minor power outage, thankfully not at a vital moment!

Game did restart me at beginning of Undead Burg rather than at my bonfire, though. Cue a few minutes of confusion and bewilderment.
    Your next fight are the two gargoyles on the top of the church. If you spoke with the knight after the Demon you can summon him in human form for easy kill.
  • EMarkM 3 Feb 2013 12:41:17 3,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @captbirdseye Right-oh. That wild boar thing at the top of the stairs looks pretty intimidating meanwhile - doesn't help that the place is full of archers and swordsmen!
  • captbirdseye 3 Feb 2013 12:45:57 4,781 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @captbirdseye Right-oh. That wild boar thing at the top of the stairs looks pretty intimidating meanwhile - doesn't help that the place is full of archers and swordsmen!
    You can pull the mobs in front of him and then go up the stairs on your right side and take care of the archers. The boar is pretty easy as all he does is charge and turns pretty slowly which gives you plenty of time for a few slaps.
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last