Dark Souls Page 712

• Page

of 1195 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 31 Jan 2013 13:41:27 16,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As a melee character it took me ages, never did quite get to him with my faith build but I'm fairly convinced faith is probably the easiest path for dealing with Nito.

You are a factory of sadness.

• senso-ji 31 Jan 2013 13:43:13 5,795 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nito is one of the easiest bosses in the game. There are so many different ways to tear his life bar down it's ridiculous.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 13:43:23
    @Architect_z I didn’t have a problem with Nito really, just have to smash him as quickly as possible before he can do too many devastating attacks and summon too many skeletons. That being said, I was probably about SL100 when I killed him.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 13:48:56
    Has anyone noticed how NG+ is actually quite easy? I know the moves that each character is going to do before they do it and know the movesets of my weaponry so well that I’ve managed to get the Lordvessel and now traversing New Londo Ruins within 4 hours of starting... Died fewer than 10 times.
  • puddleduck 31 Jan 2013 13:51:22 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The first half of Ng+ is generally pretty easy. 4Kings, O&S and onwards can be tricky depending on SL. Once you go through into the next + and beyond the later bosses start packing quite a punch. You even have to consider dodging the 4K rather than just 2H your sword and going to town.
  • Elathron 31 Jan 2013 14:10:56 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - Hmm. I'm unsure what to recommend, the best thing I found was Logan's Big Hat, but that has its downside in that it blocks a lot of your view from a close up perspective (and makes manual archery/aiming nigh on impossible). I guess one of the Skirts would be the best thing to augment magic defenses? I guess most armours suck at magic defence, my tactic is to simply make the caster run out of spells if I have no more GMB's left. Most casters will spam relentlessly until they're left with nothing, at which point they'll attempt to run away and black crystal out of there. That's the time to come running up behind and prove that the sword really does beat the pen...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 31 Jan 2013 14:56:07 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron - How do you aquire logans hat?
  • quadfather 31 Jan 2013 15:05:13 11,860 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @Elathron - How do you aquire logans hat?
    Kill him when he's hollow isn't it?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Mr_Sleep 31 Jan 2013 15:15:58 16,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Indeed, you have to free him from his various cells, defeat Seath, buy all his spells and then you'll find him where one first meets Seath.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 15:16:21 31-01-2013

• puddleduck 31 Jan 2013 15:30:15 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was using it last night along with Dingy Robe, Maiden Skirt and Tattered Cloth Manchette. Very high elemental defence, but I did have to stick the wolf ring on after a while as I was getting bored of fighting tanks :p
  • Architect_z 31 Jan 2013 16:05:49 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - My first character has Logans big hat, and I never followed his storyline. I didnt follow Logans storyline until my 3rd playthrough.
    Any other way to get it?
  • Elathron 31 Jan 2013 16:18:14 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - As others have just mentioned, compelte the Logan story by first rescuingn him from Sen's. Then visit him at the FL Shrine before he progresses to get captured after your first encounter with Seath. You'll find him at the bottom of the cell block tower in a cell, all on his lonesome. After you open the staircase to the Crystal Gardens, you'll pick up the key to his cell in one of the chests - at which point you should go back to his cell and release him. Warp to the Duke's bonfire and he'll be sat in one of the annex library rooms waiting for you. Buy all of his spells and he will start to go a bit mental...
    Finally, after you kill Seath, go back and talk to him and he won't recognise you. Again, warp to the bonfire then progress back to where you met Seath - and watch out for his castings... They hurt, a lot.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Elathron 31 Jan 2013 16:19:35 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - I think you can just kill him to get his drop, but you need to follow the story to get some spell and his catalyst?

• Dr_Mech 31 Jan 2013 16:21:48 1,003 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also if you go back to where he was sitting in Duke's Archives in that little annex you'll get the rest of his outfit and his Catalyst, which is considered the best in the game if you've got above 40 intelligence and it doesn't cut your spell casts in half like the Tin Crystal Catalyst.

Due to being a Sorcerer character and wanting all the spells I've had to follow his questline completely this playthrough.

Apparently the Tin Crystal Catalyst will drop at any time but in order to get his hat you have to follow the entire quest line up to the end, since it will only drop when he is hollow.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:25:42 31-01-2013
  • Elathron 31 Jan 2013 16:28:47 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - Ahhh, I forgot about that. Logan's Catalyst is one of the best, always the one I use on my "invaded" character. I think at 99 int it has either 255 or 285, but I'll correct that when I get back home later. The TCC is only the best because it deals the damage faster (and hence stuns enemies quicker), but having more castings does = more damage.

• Architect_z 31 Jan 2013 16:28:58 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Architect_z 31 Jan 2013 16:29:38 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron - Cheers matey, I'm gonna smash him for his hat! Muhahahaha
  • Dr_Mech 31 Jan 2013 16:39:57 1,003 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Like I said be warned it might be that the hat doesn't drop so be prepared for disappointment.

Yup checked both Wikis and the hat will only drop once he goes hollow.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:41:05 31-01-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 31 Jan 2013 16:43:12 16,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm fairly sure I did once have it before too on a previous build, before I'd followed his plotline and everything. Must be a random drop, maybe they patched that out.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 16:46:30 31-01-2013

• Dr_Mech 31 Jan 2013 16:45:37 1,003 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well there is only one way to find out...we'll wait for Mr _z to report back on whether he gets the hat or not.

Also As a Sorcery character I am just blitzing through the game, 65 SL and not got much left to do however I still have 7 Bosses left (8 if you include one of the hydra).

The fact I fought Three Kings instead of four proved how ridiculously powerful that combination of spells is. Oh and I need 2 more Demon Titanite to max out Queelag's Furysword which I know where to get.

Enemies that give me real trouble on my melee build like the Titanite Demons proved to be barely any trouble on this character but things that proved to give me very little trouble (like Capra) on that character proved most troublesome on this one.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:49:23 31-01-2013
  • Architect_z 31 Jan 2013 17:59:16 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ooooo i like that. Mr _z ^_^

Getting Logans big hat is not the biggest deal, because ironically I wear the crown of dusk? (the one that buffs your magic/miracles but means you're more likley to get owned by anything with magical attacks).

I should really wear the crown of the dark sun (Gwyndolins head gear) as it boosts the magic/miracles but doesnt make you weak to magic, but being a cleric character, I like to completley own fools with miracles, and the dusk crown increases magic damage more.
  • hypoBla5t 31 Jan 2013 18:24:32 1,360 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hi all, sorry to ask another question today. I've decided to go with the PC version for a while as the graphics are mega.

I want to try a faith build with heavy armour as it's one of the few I haven't done yet. Can anyone recommend a good one or linky one? Thinking maybe going for Grant?
  • teamHAM 31 Jan 2013 18:33:18 2,758 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @hypoBla5t

Take 30 or 50 faith, nothing in between. Use good miracles, an Occult weapon with a Divine as backup. Also if you are going for Grant you will need a lot of Strength so until you get all the way up there take a strength scaling weapon as a backup backup to your other weapons.

Leroy's set works nice for RP purposes if you want a heavy faith build. Likewise Sanctus is a nice shield that heals health and works nicely in tandam with two-handing Grant.

So yeah;

Vitality: Personal Preference
    Attunement: 19 or 23 if you are wanting to make full use of Miracles but sprinkle them as you go, don't spend consecutive levels in it
    Endurance: Eventually 40, especially if you are going Grant
    Strength: 50 if you are going Grant
    Dexterity: Minimum levels. Enough to wield your favourite shield or backup weapon
    Resistance: Base level
    Intelligence: Base level
    Faith: 30 or 50

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• puddleduck 31 Jan 2013 19:30:04 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You'll want the Canvas Talisman until faith 30. I think at faith 40 the Darkmoon Talisman starts to be the best Talisman in the game.

Strength/Faith always seems the natural combo, but really since Dexterity increases your casting speed up to 40 (I've heard up to 45 but not sure) Dex/Faith is a good combo. You just can't use Grant of course.
  • Elathron 31 Jan 2013 21:42:48 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    But you don't need 50 strength for Grant if you're only gonna 2H it... Bear that in mind because those extra souls can be spent on other things. I know everyone here is bound to call me a heretic after this, but there are a lot of benefits to increasing endurance beyond what you normally would if you're going for a Grant build. It weighs in at a whopping 24*insert what you think the denomination is here* so even a >50% build is hard to create without sacrificing your defences and secondary weapons.

• puddleduck 31 Jan 2013 21:46:05 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sod Grant. Just make an Occult Claymore for a pure faith build.
  • teamHAM 31 Jan 2013 22:30:55 2,758 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    24*insert what you think the denomination is here*
    Gigaflops

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Dr_Mech 31 Jan 2013 22:50:06 1,003 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    Sorry but the Claymore lacks the flatten effect that both Grant and Dragontooth share.

While Occult Claymore = more efficent. Grant = vastly more fun, nothing is quite so satisfying as successfully landing the 2handed R2 on a Black Knight and watching them eat dirt/stone/whatever else the ground is made of at that point.

You know once I've done my Sorcery run...Imma thinking of becoming a Onebro, now I'm not sure if I should become a starter equipment only Onebro or just a regular one, allowing me to use the reinforced club.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 22:52:43 31-01-2013
  • hypoBla5t 1 Feb 2013 07:31:49 1,360 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    That sounds pretty good man, what kind of stat distribution would you go for? Start with a Cleric yeah? And lastly, would you go and get the claymore early and start using it ASAP?

EDIT:

This looks ok, maybe with an occult/divine great scythe or claymore?

Vit 30: Not your highest priority
    Atn 16: 4 slots
    End 40: Maximum stamina. Good load
    Str 10-20: Depends on the occult weapons you use. 16 is suggested (20 for washing pole)
    Dex 10-20: Depends on the occult weapons you use. 16 is suggested (18 for bows)
    Res x: Minimal for starting class is fine
    Int 8 or Minimal for starting class
    Faith 50: Highest requirement for miracles. You damage stat.

Thoughts?

Edited by hypoBla5t at 08:12:37 01-02-2013
  • puddleduck 1 Feb 2013 08:14:40 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, especially seeing as you can make it a divine claymore fairly easily and early on after taking out the Butterfly. The beauty of the Claymore is that you can use it once your strength is 16. Obviously you could work towards using the Grant at strength 50, but it'll take a while if you're specifically targeting using Faith as your primary offensive stat for most of the early/mid game. Also, it has a nice moveset, and is really a cracking sword.
  • Page

of 1195 First / Last