Dark Souls Page 710

• Page

of 1219 First / Last

• Dr_Mech 30 Jan 2013 11:34:07 1,050 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Currently using an Enchanted Winged Spear +1 at the moment, trouble is while I know where and who to farm for Titanite Chunks and they drop those chunks with some consistency, the only place where Blue titanite chunks drop with easy access is the Golems in Darkroot and they drop it very rarely.

By this stage of the game my Strength build had a +15 Butcher's Knife.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 11:34:31 30-01-2013
  • Architect_z 30 Jan 2013 11:38:09 2,438 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've found most dex scaling weapons, scale A when enchanted. Alot of strength based weapons scale A with faith. I don't really understand why theres a difference between enchanted and occult, I wonder why they produce different damage outputs due to scaling?
  • quadfather 30 Jan 2013 11:40:52 13,414 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Mugenmonkey has an armor optimizer now. not sure how good it is but it's a start :p

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/
    Superb!

From memory, this is my new strength build.

I'm not sure how you tell it if you don't have a weapon or shield not fully maxed out. I.e, my zwei is on 14, but the choices are either Zwei, or Zwei 15

I'm loving the look of the char though - shadow leggings are quite unique looking

Have to be badass looking, obviously.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 11:42:32 3,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There are a couple in Crystal Cave and Great Hollow but yeah the Darkroot Basin is my preferred option, because the golems are not far from the fire and with 410 Item Discovery the drop rate isn't too bad and is worth sticking at.

Normal Titanite Chunks show up in quite a few places including near the start of the game whereas the blue ones (or any coloured ones for that matter) you have to go to specific places.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 11:43:32 3,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I've found most dex scaling weapons, scale A when enchanted. Alot of strength based weapons scale A with faith. I don't really understand why theres a difference between enchanted and occult, I wonder why they produce different damage outputs due to scaling?
    Afaik, all weapons that can be taken down the enchanted path, scale A with Int when maxed out.

• quadfather 30 Jan 2013 11:43:48 13,414 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Currently using an Enchanted Winged Spear +1 at the moment, trouble is while I know where and who to farm for Titanite Chunks and they drop those chunks with some consistency, the only place where Blue titanite chunks drop with easy access is the Golems in Darkroot and they drop it very rarely.

By this stage of the game my Strength build had a +15 Butcher's Knife.
    Yeah, my int build is struggling with chunks a bit. I had to hunt down the exact 100% drops just to get it half decent. Now I guess it's farming time :/

I did find a fair few from lizards though - I think it was the great hollow - had a good run and didn't fuck it up as much as I normally do

• Architect_z 30 Jan 2013 13:44:32 2,438 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM - How come only some weapons scale with occult as B then? C in some circumstances? Thats whack
  • quadfather 30 Jan 2013 14:00:52 13,414 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    thought the clubs scaled a?

• Architect_z 30 Jan 2013 14:10:00 2,438 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quad - If you mean faith scaling A weapons theres plenty. The painting guardian sword scales A and thats a dex weapon. However, the claymore is still probably the best Occult+5 weapon
  • teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 14:19:15 3,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @teamHAM - How come only some weapons scale with occult as B then? C in some circumstances? Thats whack
    Dunno mate, feel free to prove me wrong I'm sure I looked it up a while back and basically they all scale A with int if you can max them out enchanted.

• quadfather 30 Jan 2013 14:35:08 13,414 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That can't be right, can it? For faith, that is

let's have a look at the wiki

• Mr_Sleep 30 Jan 2013 14:41:53 17,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So, second boss of DLC down, oddly it was a purely magical attack that won through. Getting the sorcery ring was a big help I think. Took him down just after his second charge up. It was a bit dicey at one moment. I thought he was down and relaxed for a moment but he still had about 1 HP! That would have been a classic DS death :-)

On to the next boss and, well, I might need to think about this one oh and putting a spell caster on the run to the boss is just cunty.

You are a factory of sadness.

• puddleduck 30 Jan 2013 15:07:36 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech

Is it not quicker to take on the ones before Seath? There's at least 6 of them in that green grass area outside the Duke's Archive? Buy a load of homeward bones and keep transporting back each run.

If you're desperate to farm a load of stuff, can definitely be worth going to the Great Hollow with the Serpent Ring, however I recommend checking out the video online of all their locations and doing the cheating thing of just reloading the game each time you miss one. With the serpent ring equipped you can get a ton of chunks in various colours.
  • teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 15:48:21 3,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    On to the next boss and, well, I might need to think about this one oh and putting a spell caster on the run to the boss is just cunty.
    If you are referring to the run to Manus, just run up the slope before the run over the bridge and you can get the jump on the caster and take him out in one go. Once he's dead you can jump off and run down the hill unimpeded.

• Elathron 30 Jan 2013 16:05:16 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Hehe, where've you been then buddy? My Tintinet has been fixed thank Gawd so I can come help punish the guilty if ye want at some point?
    Point for everyone here though, when was the last time you got the Dark Moon cov ring to work? I must've worn it for hours and not a single summons - kinda makes it redundant?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• puddleduck 30 Jan 2013 16:16:31 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Most gankers will have headed to the forest due to most invaders/blue phantoms hitting up the forest. As such most people probably don't bother with Anor so it's probably pretty quiet in general? Blue Eye orb still works in some places reasonably well though. Had a fair few in the Catacombs. God knows what they must have thought when I parried them, and then rolled away every time haha
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Jan 2013 16:24:10 17,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    If you are referring to the run to Manus, just run up the slope before the run over the bridge and you can get the jump on the caster and take him out in one go. Once he's dead you can jump off and run down the hill unimpeded.
    Indeed I am, I keep trying to be subtle in what I'm posting about as I realise some people may read this thread who haven't even played it yet. Probably somewhat pointless :-)

Thanks for the tip, that'll save me a lot of pissing about. I was able to deal with him with crystal soulmass but it has the likelihood of going wrong quite a bit I reckon.

I was fully expecting Manus to be a spellcaster or some such. I set up my character to run in there and deal with him in a more sorcery way, then I got stomped!

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 16:27:49 3,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

Hah nice! It's been a while so yeah I am up for it soon. Not sure about tonight or tomorrow but Friday evening is probably a sound bet if you are around?

• Architect_z 30 Jan 2013 17:16:58 2,438 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bacon?
  • onestepfromlost 30 Jan 2013 18:58:33 2,117 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i think i got most of my titanite chunks when i was soul farming, best place i found was using the bonfire after O+S in Anor Londo. Start at that bonfire with covetous gold ring, go down lift kill two royal giants, and silver knight. using symbol of avarice, thats about just over 9k souls in a couple of mins and the royals drop large titanite chunks. probably rather regularly with find rate up.

EDIT: as for the blues yeah i spent a good hour farming the golems in darkroot basin to get my spear and bow to enchanted +4

Edited by onestepfromlost at 19:02:08 30-01-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Jan 2013 20:32:21 17,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Manus can do one.

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 20:38:27 3,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hehe horrible bugger aint he.

• captbirdseye 30 Jan 2013 22:08:47 5,476 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darkroot Garden the best place for farming at lvl 42?
  • onestepfromlost 31 Jan 2013 01:32:17 2,117 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Manus can do one.
    once i summoned a certain someone to distract him a bit i managed to kick his ass!
  • Mr_Sleep 31 Jan 2013 01:38:12 17,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think that is my only option but I couldn't find his summon sign! My build simply doesn't have enough to face him.

• puddleduck 31 Jan 2013 04:22:55 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thought that maybe with how long this game has been out most of the people left might be fairly honourable... if anything it seems the opposite :/

Can't even count how many how backstabbed me as I bow tonight! Granted I'm invading them as a blue phantom, but it's in Kiln and they're clearly waiting for PvP. Not even counting the ones who happily have a fight for a bit and then just go straight for a backstab once they're losing. Maybe I'm just crap now.

Probably shouldn't be using my sorcerer/dex char, as Faith is much more effective in PvP.

Edited by puddleduck at 04:23:41 31-01-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 31 Jan 2013 05:50:02 2,378 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck Fewer players online makes it more likely that you get connected to some really laggy opponent because the pool is smaller to choose from. And you have a better internet connection now, right? That makes lagstabs more easy for them.
  • puddleduck 31 Jan 2013 07:25:26 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan

Sort of. Slower connection after moving but still wired instead of wireless. Was starting to come back ad I carried on. Even took out some of the ganking pairs who were waiting. Managed to get the parry working ok as well. Couple of obvious lagging backstabbers but oh well. Been trying the moonlight butterfly horn as my secondary weapon which was interesting. Nice mixing up range with the iaito. Probably use my faith char in future though. Sorcery is great in pve but faith definitely has a more useful repertoire for pvp.
  • hypoBla5t 31 Jan 2013 07:34:33 1,580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hi guys,

Got the PC PTD edition for Xmas and have got the new spangly graphics etc, I'm worried that there's going to be no-one to invade or so some jolly co-op with. Should I just delete some characters on my xbox and buy the DLC instead?

Cheers.
  • Big-Swiss 31 Jan 2013 08:15:28 8,249 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just usually fight way too defensive.
    Which works not bad, I let them swing, and then, when their condition is down, I come in swinging and they can't block my attacks anymore that well. Often we end up draining each others health down, and I often have the advantage, and prepare myself for the final attack for victory. But give them too much time and they heal themselves and I have to flusk myself too and we start from scratch, and then I end up losing, but was acctually suposed to win clearly.
  • Page

of 1219 First / Last