Dark Souls Page 707

• Page

of 1217 First / Last

• Architect_z 27 Jan 2013 14:40:56 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CITIZENS OF THE DARK SOULS FORUM!

Please help this poor quadfather, his character was never blessed with the upbringings ours had. Please look into your hearts, and donate 1 balder side sword to this man. Maybe one day, he will feel as priviledged as we are. Call now!
  • Mooney 27 Jan 2013 14:48:17 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lmao!
  • MatMan562 27 Jan 2013 15:00:15 2,541 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So I managed to kill Capra Demon (I think that was his name). He wasn't too bad overall, it was just the combination of his attacks with the dogs that made him so hard. My tactic was to run around him, avoiding the dogs, up the stairs and then turn round to kill the dogs before he got up the stairs. Naturally, this led to a couple of occasions were I lasted about 2 seconds. But once done it was then just a case of being patient and/ or luring him up the stairs to fall off the top. I took the final third of his health down in one go after realising it takes a long time for him to attack after falling off the ledge. I feel pretty good about doing that so quickly. After the first attempt I thought it would take me hours.

I don't like the sound of what's next though.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Red_Bool 27 Jan 2013 15:32:32 1,174 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice going MatMan! First time it took me a couple of evenings (!) - I think you'll do just fine in the next section, just take it easy and don't panic :)
  • onestepfromlost 27 Jan 2013 15:35:46 2,107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah good going mat, dont want to scare you but wait till you are fighting 5 of them at once :p
  • quadfather 27 Jan 2013 15:40:53 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @MatMan562 - that's good going. It'll give you a bit of a breather now so you can enjoy what's coming.

Then it'll get bastard hard again, and then whe you think it can't get any harder, it'll fuck you even more :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 27 Jan 2013 15:41:40 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - you've made it into a psychological mental stumbling block for me now :)

• onestepfromlost 27 Jan 2013 15:43:36 2,107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    its ok quaddy i dont have one either
  • quadfather 27 Jan 2013 16:05:19 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can join my club then. I reckon this lot are liars and don't have any, and they're just jealous that I have two

• Mr_Sleep 27 Jan 2013 16:30:58 17,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have managed to lose over 100'000 xp in the TotG today, fuck me I hate that area. Need divine weapons too for the boss, I'd forgotten all about that, so I'm giving up for the day!

You are a factory of sadness.

• puddleduck 27 Jan 2013 16:33:42 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've had loads of Balder Side Swords. I'm always getting them. They're all sword like. Just love how they feel. It's err, curvy... and pointy. Yeah, I'm a real BSS pro. It's like warm apple pie.

(For the record I do actually love the BSS, great sword :) )

Edited by puddleduck at 16:34:18 27-01-2013

Edited by puddleduck at 16:34:48 27-01-2013
  • Dr_Mech 27 Jan 2013 16:41:06 1,047 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    So I managed to kill Capra Demon (I think that was his name). He wasn't too bad overall, it was just the combination of his attacks with the dogs that made him so hard. My tactic was to run around him, avoiding the dogs, up the stairs and then turn round to kill the dogs before he got up the stairs. Naturally, this led to a couple of occasions were I lasted about 2 seconds. But once done it was then just a case of being patient and/ or luring him up the stairs to fall off the top. I took the final third of his health down in one go after realising it takes a long time for him to attack after falling off the ledge. I feel pretty good about doing that so quickly. After the first attempt I thought it would take me hours.

I don't like the sound of what's next though.
    Gratz, the next boss is considered the second easiest in the game, so don't fret too much. You should learn his attack pattern fairly sharpish.

The area can be a bit of a ballache though since it is kind of labyrinthian in places, one clue I will give you if you get lost is follow the mice (not the rats, the mice) they will guide you the way.

quadfather wrote:
    You can join my club then. I reckon this lot are liars and don't have any, and they're just jealous that I have two
    That is one more than I've got...I have suffered a similar fate with the Channeler's Trident, farmed for two hours at 410 item discovery...did I get one to drop?...did I fuck...

Gave up on it and completed NG+ instead.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:44:00 27-01-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Jan 2013 16:41:45 17,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Actually, does anyone know of any divine weapons that don't have a big requirement. I'm kind of stuck with having to level up five times on faith if not. Be a pain in the arse.

• Mooney 27 Jan 2013 16:42:01 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This one goes out to puddleduck.

Can't believe I finished this game, but so glad I did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76iPvmAclM0
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Jan 2013 16:42:47 17,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Gratz, the next boss is considered the second easiest in the game, so don't fret too much. You should learn his attack pattern fairly sharpish.

The area can be a bit of a ballache though since it is kind of labyrinthian in places, one clue I will give you if you get lost is follow the mice (not the rats, the mice) they will guide you the way.
    Oh and be careful where you tread!

• Mooney 27 Jan 2013 16:43:52 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Havel the rock can go fuck himself.

Cunt.
  • Dr_Mech 27 Jan 2013 16:49:14 1,047 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mooney wrote:
    Havel the rock can go fuck himself.

Cunt.
  • puddleduck 27 Jan 2013 16:58:53 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mooney

Ha ;)

What a video. Love a bit of yatta in the afternoon :D
  • Dr_Mech 28 Jan 2013 08:39:05 1,047 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Started a Sorcerer playthrough now with all the knowledge of good farming spots gained from the first time around was able to speedily level.

Squishy as all hell (19 vitality and endurance, no poise, still wearing the starter set) but sweet christ the damage!

Farmed Darkroot basin a lot, bought all of the spells from Griggs once I'd rescued him along with the two rings. Capra proved troubling but I switched to using a +5 spear instead, as my broadsword was bouncing off the walls on the ledge. Poked the dogs to death in one hit since I'd buffed with Magic Weapon then proceed to open up on Capra with Great Heavy soul arrow and 500 damage per hit!

Been thinking about combining several magic boosting items and Power Within using a base Pyro glove to see how high I can push the magic damage.

Of course one boss is going to prove very troublesome since he is flat out immune to magic...
  • Tuffty 28 Jan 2013 08:55:59 1,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a severe case of DS withdrawal symptom so I went ahead and bought the Artorias DLC. Now, if only I read beforehand of the conditions you need to access it! XD Just rang the 2nd bell in Blighttown on NG+ so I'm gonna have to blast through Sen's and Anor Londo to fight this golem with that pendant in Duke's Archive (apparently). Can't wait to explore a new environment again.

Edited by Tuffty at 09:01:24 28-01-2013
  • quadfather 28 Jan 2013 10:00:32 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tuffty - Re the DLC: Remember that feeling at the start of dark souls when you first bought it and started playing? You know, the constant feeling of pure dread not knowing what the hell is going to happen next?

Yup, welcome back :)

• FanBoysSuck 28 Jan 2013 10:35:17 1,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I have managed to lose over 100'000 xp in the TotG today, fuck me I hate that area. Need divine weapons too for the boss, I'd forgotten all about that, so I'm giving up for the day!
    Are you referring to Nito? His big weakness is fire.

For the emperor!

• Elathron 28 Jan 2013 14:30:24 1,189 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well. A nice weekend of punishing the guilty. At one point in Darkroot Garden, 3 people tried to gank me as soon as I got in. Gankers? Meet my Occult Great Scythe +5... With some underhand tactics to get the treedemons involved, I sliced all 3 of the accused into neat little chunks. You should have seen the summoner run as soon as I'd killed both of his phantoms. Funny how they can gank, but get them on their own and these players really are shockingly sh*t at the game. Funnily enough got abuse from all 3 of them (surprise surprise).
    Other than that I guess I had the usual mixed bag after I got sick of seeing "invasion failed". Fought a huge number of forest invaders, some were quite cool, one guy seemingly has the ughi/iaito combo down to a "t". He had one in either hand and knew exaclty when to parry for his Hornet Ring riposte. How people manage that with such regularity is beyond me as I've been doing this for a long time, but still only get the parry 25% of the time in PvP!!! And to get told that I was spoiling the game engine with a character that's at too high-a level was amusing. It's 450 and on NG+15 I replied, even at that level I get 3 hit KO'd by mid-game mobs so 450 is not too high-a level!!!!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 28 Jan 2013 15:19:05 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ng+15, lol :)

• Elathron 28 Jan 2013 15:42:39 1,189 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - On my main, yeah :p I just get bored of slaying the forest cov, so I get to the kiln... Then... You know. Gwyn just seems so tempting with that music. And then I kill him. Oops. 15 times now with my main :lol:

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 28 Jan 2013 15:48:48 13,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - heheh, like your style.

Have to say, I get bored now and again, and then all of a sudden, I've rolled another char! yay!

• Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2013 16:12:28 17,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Are you referring to Nito? His big weakness is fire.
    It's more his minions that caused me some consternation. Not having divine weapons mean they respawn and my only other beating of him was when I had enough faith to take them all out with a sword and then focus on him. I have gone and done BoC instead, what a cunt he is.

Oh and I went into the DLC for the first time, oh my, that took a bit of figuring out! Weak but God damn does the first boss pack a punch!

• puddleduck 28 Jan 2013 16:32:40 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep

If it helps, the punches only get harder :p
  • onestepfromlost 28 Jan 2013 16:47:55 2,107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah the next boss after that took me ages to get the better of.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2013 16:55:26 17,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It was quite pleasant to have new bosses to fight, wasn't too painful, the first five times it seemed totally unfair and then the next five I sort of figured out a strategy. Then I died a few more times, went away and picked up the ring that boosts lightning defence and then another five or six goes and it was down.

I'll say this too, I'm loving the Silver Knights sword with crystal magic weapon on it, it's my go-to boss weapon.

• Page

of 1217 First / Last