of 1201 First / Last

• teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:51:37 2,939 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Speaking of good weapons, what's a good choice for a sorcerer?
    The balder side sword (you know, the one that never drops for me :) ) is good - if you take it to magic, and then enchant it, it scales A with int -

Enchanted Balder Side Sword +5 144/148/0/0 E/E/A/-
    Cool, cheers. I think I had that once on a strength build but it's hard to tell as I probably just discarded it :D
    To be honest, I think a fair few weapons scale A with Intelligence on the Enchanted path, so you might be able to pick and choose
    With a sorcerer scaling really is nothing to do with it, since pretty much all of the weapons in the game that you can take down the Enchanted path scale with A when they are maxed out. ;)

It becomes about movesets and which weapon you prefer really.

Enchanted Great Scythe, Partizan, Uchi, Gargoyle Halberd are all good choices as a backup to Moonlight Greatsword.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 11:51:47 12,139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - Aye, I'm on my 10th character build now :)

The latest is a build you're talking about - sorcerer - she's got an enchanted balder sword, with various homing soul mass spells and buffs. She's also wearing the tridents chest piece - it's actually not bad.

The other character is my new strength build

but now I'm tempted to start a grant build - 1) because I want to use a massive grant and twat things, and 2) I've never really done a successful faithy build

ffs, will this game EVER end?! I'm even having trouble with juggling time to play this and the only other game I ever play...which is demon's souls, lol

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 11:52:30 12,139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    trident = channeler, obviously.

• Moshbag 22 Jan 2013 11:56:43 106 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As a sorcerer with dexterity, you should be going for the Channeler's Trident, it's the best weapon in the game!

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

• Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 12:05:13 17,064 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:

Enchanted Great Scythe, Partizan, Uchi, Gargoyle Halberd are all good choices as a backup to Moonlight Greatsword.
    Hmm, I picked up the Partizan so that might be worth a look, have to up my strength a bit but could be a good go for a bit. I'm sick of the Uchi as that was my standard weapon for my faith build, the Great Scythe is good but I found it hard to come by. Can't remember where I got it.

10th build?!? Wow. This is about my fourth one that has got passed Capra.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 12:05:35 17,064 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Moshbag wrote:
    As a sorcerer with dexterity, you should be going for the Channeler's Trident, it's the best weapon in the game!
    Never had that drop to my knowledge, I'll have a try.

• Elathron 22 Jan 2013 12:07:12 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - Haha. It's only any good in co-op buddy :D And for doing some manic crazy man dance for sh!ts and giggles. In co-op it's a beast because of it doing the only AoE buff in the game...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 12:09:23 12,139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:

aye, but only 3 of them have actually survived long enough to make it into NG+ :)

It would probably help if I didn't read this thread every day. See, now I've got to create a fucking grant build!

Edited by quadfather at 12:09:50 22-01-2013

• Moshbag 22 Jan 2013 12:10:07 106 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yep, it's the only weapon that lets you do a dance, and so by default is better than all others.

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

• Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 12:20:14 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I love the strength build characters, but Dex characters are so much more useful, which is a shame.
    I wish upgrading strength would increase your equipment load, aswell as endurance. It would mean you could build a absolute tank, and actually wield half the weapons.
  • teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 12:35:27 2,939 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:

Hmm, I picked up the Partizan so that might be worth a look, have to up my strength a bit but could be a good go for a bit. I'm sick of the Uchi as that was my standard weapon for my faith build, the Great Scythe is good but I found it hard to come by. Can't remember where I got it.

Great Scythe is in the Catacombs. Here is how to get it.

• fiery_jackass 22 Jan 2013 12:46:03 476 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    definitely follow teamHAM's directions to the Great Scythe. It's my standard weapon (at +15) on my quality build. Great crowd control with the vicious 2-handed R2, lethal ripostes, nasty dead angles etc. Serves well on PvP and PvE. Never convinced that enchanted/chaos paths are worth it.

Still prefer the Balder SS for close-fought PvP but I'm moonlighting in the Forest Covenant at the moment and it's stopped being about finesse and mindgames and started being about delivering knockout blows by any shitty means possible.

On the heavy weapons side I go for Demon Great Machetes & Axes, occasionally Smough's hammer: mostly for visuals, I'm a superficial chap.
  • Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 13:11:33 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Great Scythe is a great weapon, buffable to which is cool.
    I had a dex/pyro who was a bleed expert.
    Had the gold tracer+5, and lifehunt scythe+5.
    You just hack away at people, and even if they are blocking, the bleed builds up, finish off the bleed build up with the lifehunt scythe, and boom! 1209 damage.

It was a fun build. ^_^
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2013 13:13:05 12,139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can bosses be bled?

• Elathron 22 Jan 2013 13:14:16 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - You can even swap out the scythe for P's Dagger. The benefit of that is that it doesn't build up the bleed on your own char and no-one expects a tiny knife to knock off 50% through a bleed pop!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Elathron 22 Jan 2013 13:15:08 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - Depends, but yes they can. However they seem to take a set amount of damage. Obvs only the "alive" ones can be bled. I think there's a list I made 100 pages ago haha.

• Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 13:18:58 17,064 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:

Great Scythe is in the Catacombs. Here is how to get it.
    Ah yes, cool, cheers.

• teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 13:31:05 2,939 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Can bosses be bled?
    Some can yeah.

Asylum Demon, Stray Demon, Demon Firesage, Sif, Smough, and I'm sure others.

• Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 13:44:27 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Taurus and Capra bleed aswell I think. Possibly O+S? It would be a nice thought
  • Elathron 22 Jan 2013 13:45:38 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - Smough defo bleeds. Also he can be poisoned/toxified. Much safer than going toe to toe haha!

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 14:00:10 12,139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jolly good

So, grant build and a lifehunt/p dagger build to boot ffs :)

• puddleduck 22 Jan 2013 14:05:14 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm always amazed by what Quad doesn't know :lol:
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2013 14:08:32 12,139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    Quiet you :)

• Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 14:09:51 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    Poor quaddy, I even have 20 spare balder side swords, and he can't get one.
  • teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 14:10:30 2,939 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Jolly good

So, grant build and a lifehunt/p dagger build to boot ffs :)
    That reminds me, some pinnacle of the human race invaded me the other day when I was level 10 or something in Undead Parish. He had Lifehunt Scythe, and it one shotted me, with shield up. It built up all the bleed required in one shot and add that to the actual swipe from the weapon and one shot.

:(

• puddleduck 22 Jan 2013 14:17:54 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Unless you're using a BB glitch character on consoles, the early level PvP is best avoided unfortunately.

@Quadfather

Heh, you'll always be my Demon Souls guru and one of the main reasons I even picked that game up :)
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2013 14:20:21 12,139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck - heh. well, trouble is, I've gone back to Demon's again, and because it's been so long, I'm having to ask Dan everything all again as I can't remember that game now either :)

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 14:20:48 12,139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    puddleduck wrote:
    Poor quaddy, I even have 20 spare balder side swords, and he can't get one.
    I have 2 now, I'll have you know :)

• Elathron 22 Jan 2013 14:21:40 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Hacker mate. That's not just BB glitching as even at low levels the scythe takes 2/3 solid hits to force a bleed, and even then it should only do 500Hp of damage (or 50%, can't recall). I imagine that if you'd hit him, you would've foudn that he took either no damage or that he had 65kHP. Only way to kil 'em is to knock 'em off a ledge - easier said than done!

• Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 14:26:06 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM - I've had alot of sucess with the lifehunt scythe. The R2 strong attack is just as fast as the light R1 attack. Plus its kind of swung horizontally. Never one shotted anyone with it mind, 2 attacks will take off 500 damage mind, even if shields up and the attack is blocked.

Unless you were (for some unknown reason) naked in the Undead Burg?
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last