Dark Souls Page 700

• Page

of 1202 First / Last

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 09:52:28 12,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had another crack with my str char last night (zwei +14). Forgot where I'd left it.

Can you guess?

Fucking archers :)

Managed it though and thought I'd give O&S a go, solo, hollowed, 2 handed, fuck it.

Died straight away!

Tried again though and if you can land the 2-handed jumping attack on ornstein (when he's not pirouetting around like a twat) it takes off a third of his health.

Would have been fairly straightforward if smough wasn't booting me the fuck around the screen.

So I did it again with solaire - much easier - 3 hits and ornstein is completely dead. But fucked up smough :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 10:49:30 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe i've not researched enough, but are there any weapons which scale well with both strength and dex?
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 10:51:38 17,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Maybe i've not researched enough, but are there any weapons which scale well with both strength and dex?
    Greatsword of Artorios?

You are a factory of sadness.

• onestepfromlost 22 Jan 2013 10:57:55 2,070 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    claymore is C/C str/dex. if thats what you mean? or yeah GS of astoria

Edited by onestepfromlost at 10:59:06 22-01-2013

Edited by onestepfromlost at 10:59:45 22-01-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 11:02:17 17,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's what I meant! :-D I seem to have suggested it was the greatsword of stella.

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 11:03:59 12,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    astora does c/c/-/c. But it's pants later on
    if you switch dex to faith, you can get the grant, which is b/-/-/a

• Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 11:04:36 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - If Dex is high enough, probably the Murakumo would be good. You need quite alot of Str to wield it anyway.
  • Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 11:07:00 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather, I've always wanted to make a build which can use the grant. If I remember correctly, the first character I completed the game with, was a strength faith build, and hes in NG+, I might have to make a Grant build, I did manage to aquire it on my first ever playthrough luckily. ^_^
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2013 11:08:36 12,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks pretty cool to me -

Grant +5 195/195/0/0 B/-/-/A

I'm quite enjoying my massive bashing weapons at the moment. I've never done a strength build before (apart from my first character, which I spooned anyway), so it's fun twatting things with heavy things :)

• onestepfromlost 22 Jan 2013 11:13:05 2,070 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Or amybe the large or great club if you wnt to go all smashy and concentrate on the str
  • senso-ji 22 Jan 2013 11:17:30 5,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One of the best strength weapons is the Chaos Zweihander +5. Only needs 24 strength to use, has great range and at +10 humanity, it does over 700 damage (fire+physical).

I've been using it when I've been invading the guilty and it's great.
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 11:18:57 17,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Speaking of good weapons, what's a good choice for a sorcerer?

• Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 11:19:55 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather - Aye, my first playthrough was a strength character, looked like a right n00b. I basically played as Havel without a shield. lol.
    -Havels Armour
    -Dragon Tooth+5 (2-handed for the entire playthrough once I picked it up)
    -Grass Crest (For stamina regen)
    -Sunlight Weapon (Dragon Tooth+5 when buffed is seriously powerful)
  • Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 11:23:39 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - Moonlight Greatsword / Butterfly Horn....I havent made a sorcerer build.
    Moonlight Greatsword is a sweet weapon, and got some cool attacks. Purely magic damage, so you have to have high intellegence to wield it.

(Beware, if you use the moonlight great sword in PvP, make sure the person you are fighting doesnt have Great Magic Barrier in use. It renders the weapon almost useless, I got backstabbed by one the other day while using GMB, it didnt even take a 10th of my HP).
  • teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:24:21 2,953 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Are you going as a DEX or STR hybrid (40) or minimum str and dex? Because that makes a difference to what weapons you should be aiming for.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 11:25:48 12,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    The balder side sword (you know, the one that never drops for me :) ) is good - if you take it to magic, and then enchant it, it scales A with int -

Enchanted Balder Side Sword +5 144/148/0/0 E/E/A/-

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 11:26:49 12,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @quadfather - Aye, my first playthrough was a strength character, looked like a right n00b. I basically played as Havel without a shield. lol.
    -Havels Armour
    -Dragon Tooth+5 (2-handed for the entire playthrough once I picked it up)
    -Grass Crest (For stamina regen)
    -Sunlight Weapon (Dragon Tooth+5 when buffed is seriously powerful)
    Same here - I had full black iron armour, randomly upgraded, with a black knight halberd, and I think that was it. Stats completely all over the place - 25 resistance I believe :p

• Architect_z 22 Jan 2013 11:31:05 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quad - ^Hehe, yeh i looked at my characters stats the other day. God knows how I managed to actually complete the game. I was wearing the ring of favour and protect, and my HP and Stamina were still stupidly low.
  • teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:32:31 2,953 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    The balder side sword
    Doesn't exist. It's just a figment of your imagination.

• onestepfromlost 22 Jan 2013 11:35:55 2,070 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    im using a enchanted +4 (going to +5 when got blue slab) winged spear, for my sorcerer build. got pretty minimum str dex, 13/15 i think. pump the rest into int and end( the end for better armour) seems to be doing the job so far. enchanted winged apear scales A with INT. not tried balder side sword but might give it a look. advantage of spear is you can keep shield up while attacking.
  • sport 22 Jan 2013 11:37:17 12,739 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    The balder side sword
    I have a balder side sword with Fire+10 :-)
  • Elathron 22 Jan 2013 11:37:28 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Grant is a fantastic weapon if you're used to dodging and play PvE a lot. The only downside IMO is the massive wweight of the weapon (at 25 it takes up a huge amount and your power to weight ratio sufferes as a result). Also, don't be fooled into wearing low poise armour to mitigate the equip burden. You'll need as much poise as you can get to prevent your attacks getting interrupted!!!
    It's slightly underpowered when compared to the damage of an occult/divine large/great club. You may well also find that using a demon's great hammer with a buff will do far more damage (again for less weight I think?). But saying that, it's one of the better weapons for getting past a guard, more so than the GSoA even! One hit is usually sufficient in NG+ to stagger a black knight - the 2nd will almost certainly finish him off.
    EDIT - A good strength/dex weapon would be the halberd or the scythe IMO. Either that or a pike/partizan...

Edited by Elathron at 11:38:46 22-01-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 11:39:40 17,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    The balder side sword (you know, the one that never drops for me :) ) is good - if you take it to magic, and then enchant it, it scales A with int -

Cool, cheers. I think I had that once on a strength build but it's hard to tell as I probably just discarded it :D

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 11:39:51 22-01-2013

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 11:41:08 12,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    The balder side sword
    /whimper

• Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 11:41:44 17,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Are you going as a DEX or STR hybrid (40) or minimum str and dex? Because that makes a difference to what weapons you should be aiming for.
    I'll be using Dex I think, probably not going to get too high with either, I want to use more magic as I've always played it with primarily a weapon focus.

• quadfather 22 Jan 2013 11:42:07 12,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:

Cool, cheers. I think I had that once on a strength build but it's hard to tell as I probably just discarded it :D
    To be honest, I think a fair few weapons scale A with Intelligence on the Enchanted path, so you might be able to pick and choose

• teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:42:57 2,953 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sport wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    The balder side sword
    I have a balder side sword with Fire+10 :-)
    No. No you don't. Don't lie. How many cookies did you accept to make that statement?

• teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:44:06 2,953 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    Grant is a fantastic weapon if you're used to dodging and play PvE a lot. The only downside IMO is the massive wweight of the weapon (at 25 it takes up a huge amount and your power to weight ratio sufferes as a result). Also, don't be fooled into wearing low poise armour to mitigate the equip burden. You'll need as much poise as you can get to prevent your attacks getting interrupted!!!
    It's slightly underpowered when compared to the damage of an occult/divine large/great club. You may well also find that using a demon's great hammer with a buff will do far more damage (again for less weight I think?). But saying that, it's one of the better weapons for getting past a guard, more so than the GSoA even! One hit is usually sufficient in NG+ to stagger a black knight - the 2nd will almost certainly finish him off.
    EDIT - A good strength/dex weapon would be the halberd or the scythe IMO. Either that or a pike/partizan...
    I have a level 100 or so that doesn't really do anything good and was wondering what to do with him. He does have some faith and a lot of STR and END too. So Grant is the answer then! :)

• Elathron 22 Jan 2013 11:46:25 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - hehe, damned right! Everyone should have a Grant build. Sheerly to take out the frustrations of life upon!

EDIT - PAGE 700!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Elathron at 11:46:48 22-01-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 11:47:07 17,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:

To be honest, I think a fair few weapons scale A with Intelligence on the Enchanted path, so you might be able to pick and choose
    Sweet, I do recall seeing quite a few when I was doing my faith/dex build and always thinking that I wish I'd gone down the enchantment line! I just don't want to spunk too much in one direction with a weapon with a good one sat around the corner. Although I never really get that sick of grinding for stuff on DS :-)

• Page

of 1202 First / Last