Dark Souls Page 697

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• Architect_z 17 Jan 2013 17:30:26 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron - It was what drew me to Demon's Souls in the first place, I was looking for a new game, basically a survival horror game but with melee weapons. I read the amazing review of Demon's Souls on EG, and i've never been happier with a game that no ones heard of. Hehe. The Souls games are esily my favourite games of this gen, and probably all time.
  • Elathron 17 Jan 2013 17:51:18 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - Ditto m8, it's the only reason why I'd buy a PS3 now! It's a real shame that it's not on PC, although I'm sure it'll be there at some point (not holding up my hopes though)... I'm really hoping that the next game has as much attention to what matters most - or more. Woe betide them if they "dumb down" the visceral nature of this beast!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• teamHAM 17 Jan 2013 18:03:32 2,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Same really, I've even considered getting a PS3 just for Demon's Souls. I won't now, at this stage in the cycle, as the missus will have my bollocks on a plate. But yeah, not a great idea to release it on PS3 only. I will just have to continue juicing up for the rest of the year waiting for DS2.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Elathron 17 Jan 2013 18:05:50 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:

the missus will have my bollocks on a plate.
    I feel your pain. I'm about to have the whole "WHY HAVE YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY????????" & "WHERE'S MY SPIKEY BASEBALL BAT!" at the end of the month :lol:

Edited by Elathron at 18:06:09 17-01-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• teamHAM 17 Jan 2013 18:10:23 2,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    "WHY HAVE YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY??????

Why have you bought another Call of Duty?? :D

Elathron wrote:
    "WHERE'S MY SPIKEY BASEBALL BAT!"

I'm glad I don't live in your neighbourhood! :D

Edited by teamHAM at 18:10:33 17-01-2013

• Elathron 17 Jan 2013 18:18:34 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @teamHAM - Lol. I also get my gamerfix playing CoD. And I'm not ashamed to admit it haha. Although, it's not my neighbourhood - more just my Mrs when it gets close to her birthday...
    Ugh, I just can't wait til Monday, I'm praying they fix my tintinet - I know for a fact it's an external wiring issue but they want to go through the motions of checking that it's nothing I've done. Tempted to bribe the guy to do the work on the day... Very tempted.

• teamHAM 17 Jan 2013 18:22:04 2,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Elathron

Yes I am very disappointed you have not been around for dual invasions/forest PvP goodness. Would be a laugh.

Yeah I played all the CoD's up until MW3. I had that a day then sold it. And I haven't played Blops2 at all. I played Blops1 and World at War and all those. I also had BF3 until they decided to go "premium" and really started ripping people off.

• onestepfromlost 17 Jan 2013 18:23:54 2,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I actually asked for a ps3 for my 30th so i could play demon souls essentially. i have he other exclusives but that was the main one.
  • Architect_z 17 Jan 2013 18:52:44 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Demon's Souls will not dissapoint. Its much more difficult than Dark Souls, but the bosses and enemies fill you with fear, and the levels make the game extremley atmospheric. Its worth it if you have time and money. ^_^
  • ZuluHero 17 Jan 2013 20:01:38 4,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought demons souls was a bit easier actually, due to the more linear levels and hub world. It was much easier to figure out where you were going. You just worked your way through each world, 1-1,1-2, etc, killing each boss at the end of each stage. Plus you could cheap shot the bosses far more than in dark. I remember killing the last boss of 1-4 with arrows and he never even attacked me, in a similar way to the guards in new londo.

I even completed it on my 1st play through in 25 hours. Really great game though :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 20:02:57 17-01-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 17 Jan 2013 22:09:44 2,378 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think it depends on the person. Demon's Souls requires more patience. If you've got enough of that then it's actually not that hard - and of course being smart about it.
    Also people who played Dark Souls first have an easier time with it.

Oh and! World tendency. If you play it online and the world tendency is all white then it's really easy. People should try the same level in pure black tendency - will be surprising...

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 22:11:05 17-01-2013
  • sanctusmortis 18 Jan 2013 00:11:58 9,627 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FUCKING SHITTY SNAKE HEADED BASTARDS!

So yeah, Sens Fortress. The bloody cobras have led to my double death (death 1 just before mimic with Lightning Spear, 2nd knockback into blades whacking me into depths). 16 humanity and 8000 souls wiped.

Not happy.

Edited by sanctusmortis at 00:30:58 18-01-2013
  • ZuluHero 18 Jan 2013 00:48:25 4,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan

Yeah, was mostly white, so it was a bit easier I guess. And I played Demons before Dark :)

/hardcore flex :)
  • Dr_Mech 18 Jan 2013 01:06:27 996 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    FUCKING SHITTY SNAKE HEADED BASTARDS!

So yeah, Sens Fortress. The bloody cobras have led to my double death (death 1 just before mimic with Lightning Spear, 2nd knockback into blades whacking me into depths). 16 humanity and 8000 souls wiped.

Not happy.
    Welcome to Sen's house of fun (for the enemies, not for you), Probably my least favorite area of the game, you can run through it quickly once you've done it a few times and opened up the shortcut but first time through, it is a massive pain in the arse.

Sens is where the Drake sword really comes a cropper due to the Snake headed bastards (the male ones specifically, the female ones hit really fecking hard but they have no poise) having HUGE physical damage resistance AND huge poise, meaning they're almost impossible to stagger unlike virtually every other man-sized NPC in the game.

Best bet, get yourself a decent stability shield (Knight's shield +10 should do you), equip a bow with decent arrows and be cunning, pull the enemies into their own traps.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 01:06:39 18-01-2013
  • ZuluHero 18 Jan 2013 01:23:30 4,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just ran the gauntlet in sens. you can actually get to the very end with very little fighting. there are loads of traps you can use against the enemies there.
  • quadfather 18 Jan 2013 09:30:54 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Same really, I've even considered getting a PS3 just for Demon's Souls. I won't now, at this stage in the cycle, as the missus will have my bollocks on a plate. But yeah, not a great idea to release it on PS3 only. I will just have to continue juicing up for the rest of the year waiting for DS2.
    You really should. Everyone in this thread should play demon's souls. In fact, everyone in the fucking world should play demon's souls.

As it's been said, it can be both harder or easier, depending on how you play. But if you've played dark souls to death and haven't played demon's, you simply must!

If only for the atmosphere alone. (and combat, and speed, and levels, and emotion, and proper weapon scaling, and a darker setting etc etc)

Christ, you can borrow my ps3 if you want and play it - it's that important!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• teamHAM 18 Jan 2013 09:45:25 2,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Christ, you can borrow my ps3 if you want and play it - it's that important!
    Sure, sounds like a plan. Maybe we should do a swap for a week. Instead of Wife Swap... Console Swap! :)

On another note, snowed in! So a day of Dark Souls! yey.

• quadfather 18 Jan 2013 10:05:26 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be honest, I reckon the price for a ps3 is worth it for Demon's souls alone. For the price of a (albeit very) heavy night out, you could have a console and possibly the greatest action rpg of all time

• Tuffty 18 Jan 2013 10:20:06 1,500 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I converted another friend of mine to playing Dark Souls! He's out to get it today.

I see what you guys mean about bosses being harder on NG+. Even though Quelaag was manageable it still took a while to beat with my Divine Iiato + 10. Even died.
  • teamHAM 18 Jan 2013 11:04:58 2,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    To be honest, I reckon the price for a ps3 is worth it for Demon's souls alone. For the price of a (albeit very) heavy night out, you could have a console and possibly the greatest action rpg of all time
    Since I had kids my average night out is a walk down to the local Co-Op to get nappies. I might pick up a pasty if I'm feeling like a devil.

• teamHAM 18 Jan 2013 11:06:07 2,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    He's out to get it today.
    What have you DONE?! You've sent him in to the SNOWPOCALYPSE! You surely know now he will never return.

:)

• quadfather 18 Jan 2013 11:07:32 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Since I had kids my average night out is a walk down to the local Co-Op to get nappies. I might pick up a pasty if I'm feeling like a devil.
    ok, in your case, not a night out, but maybe the cost of a few weeks worth of nappies then :)

Either way, you simply must play it!

• sport 18 Jan 2013 11:10:22 12,522 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Tuffty wrote:
    What have you DONE?! You've sent him in to the SNOWPOCALYPSE! You surely know now he will never return.

You can pretend he's entered the Painted World.
  • quadfather 18 Jan 2013 11:11:07 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Tuffty wrote:

Actually, imagine crazy weather in Dark Souls 2. Howling winds that affect movement when jumping/running etc. That'd be fun on thin cliffs :p

Flash floods that cover up areas temporarily.

Rain that obscures vision

• teamHAM 18 Jan 2013 11:15:12 2,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aye that would be awesome.

• Architect_z 18 Jan 2013 11:52:47 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:

So you still know how to party!!! \m/
  • Architect_z 18 Jan 2013 11:55:11 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - I think (and this might sound really stupid) but some of Demon's souls atmosphere owes alot to its weather conditions. Nothing gives a sense of lonliness like the wind. And in the valley of storms, there was alot of wind! Probably just the storm beasts farting, but either way it gave a good atmosphere.

I'd like a snow level, not like the painted world but a proper snowy level, with falling snow and shit.
  • Tuffty 18 Jan 2013 11:57:42 1,500 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Tuffty wrote:

Oh God! It's like Laurentius all over again!! :o

I do like the sound of a weather system too.
  • quadfather 18 Jan 2013 12:06:36 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - Yeah, snow too. That'd be good.

Yeah, the wind noise in world 4 and all the flapping flags and bits of debris flying through the air was really cool

Be nice to see something like the rain reflecting off the ground that it's fallen on after a rain shower too

• sanctusmortis 18 Jan 2013 13:02:00 9,627 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm past the archers (another double death x_x ) and at the bonfire now. Is the Black Knight Shield a good enough option that should be reinforcing it? Got the Lightning Spear now, already at +3 with it. Need more mats!
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last