Dark Souls Page 694

• Page

of 1205 First / Last

• teamHAM 15 Jan 2013 10:15:34 2,986 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok, so in the last few minutes I have defeated Black Dragon Kalameet, with a tail cut!

So I now possess the wicked looking Obsidian Greatsword! :D

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• quadfather 15 Jan 2013 10:16:29 12,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM - What's the stats on that sword?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• teamHAM 15 Jan 2013 10:23:19 2,986 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    480 physical at +5. Plus a better strong attack than the other dragon swords.

And the best thing about it, it only needs 20 str and 16 dex to wield. It's simply a powerhouse for a sorcerer or anyone else who runs with minimum str/dex.

• quadfather 15 Jan 2013 10:30:18 12,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm, it doesn't scale, but you can enchant it. Interesting Mr Bond...

• quadfather 15 Jan 2013 11:09:50 12,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's incorrectly called a axe - it acts like a sword

• Dr_Mech 15 Jan 2013 12:04:02 1,040 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck yes

Four kings down in New game plus, still haven't done Blighttown so no power within but I used Iron Flesh, Mask of the Child, Grass crest shield and a +5 Lightning Claymore.

Welp...down to Blighttown I guess...or Blighton as I keep accidentally calling it, Well it is kind of by a sea (of shite) and it has seen better days...so yeah...pretty close to Brighton.
  • teamHAM 15 Jan 2013 12:04:34 2,986 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Hmm, it doesn't scale, but you can enchant it. Interesting Mr Bond...
    802 damage with Crystal Magic Weapon. That's with 44 int and Logan's, and ofc CoD and BDCR.

Swap out Logan's for TCC, and it's 872.

Edited by teamHAM at 12:27:26 15-01-2013

• Architect_z 15 Jan 2013 12:17:42 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah I was gonna say you can buff the obsidian great sword. R2 attack is sweet too. ^_^
    Moveset is similar to the bastard sword iirc.
  • Deleted user 15 January 2013 12:37:50
    I've played this game an insane amount but still have trouble dodging Four Kings grab attack, I anticipate roll away usually two or three times and still somehow get caught by it lol. Anyone else have trouble with that?

Edited by DeCoR at 12:38:24 15-01-2013
  • Elathron 15 Jan 2013 12:43:29 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Dr_Mech
    Blighton as I keep accidentally calling it, Well it is kind of by a sea (of shite) and it has seen better days...so yeah...pretty close to Brighton
    *looks around at my colleagues*
    *looks out of the window*
    *will now never be able to call my surroundings "Brighton" ever again."
    *will now never be able to give money to one of the many homeless guys for fear they might shoot a toxic dart at me*

Can you tell where I am yet? Haha. I love that; I wonder if the devs had ever visited this supposedly bohemian town before?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Dr_Mech 15 Jan 2013 12:46:41 1,040 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DeCoR wrote:
    I've played this game an insane amount but still have trouble dodging Four Kings grab attack, I anticipate roll away usually two or three times and still somehow get caught by it lol. Anyone else have trouble with that?
    I'm a tanky build so I just kind of...tanked through it both times. The key with them from what I've noticed is that they do a little 360 spin before going for the grab, so when you see the spin, get away...but like I said I've just whomped on them both times I've been in that fight.

Elathron wrote:
    @Dr_Mech
    Blighton as I keep accidentally calling it, Well it is kind of by a sea (of shite) and it has seen better days...so yeah...pretty close to Brighton
    *looks around at my colleagues*
    *looks out of the window*
    *will now never be able to call my surroundings "Brighton" ever again."
    *will now never be able to give money to one of the many homeless guys for fear they might shoot a toxic dart at me*

Can you tell where I am yet? Haha. I love that; I wonder if the devs had ever visited this supposedly bohemian town before?
    Ah you'll be fine just don't go onto the pier, I hear that is where the highest concetration of toxic dart guys are, however there might be a Firekeeper soul somewhere under it...might have to wiki to check.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 12:52:37 15-01-2013
  • teamHAM 15 Jan 2013 12:57:41 2,986 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    Can you tell where I am yet?
    Err...

Err...

Hove?

:)

• Deleted user 15 January 2013 12:58:29
    @Dr_Mech

Yeah when I see the spin I usually get out of there straight away but usually never make it lol. I don't know maybe because I use medium roll speed characters I just can't make it in time or something.
  • Elathron 15 Jan 2013 13:02:14 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Possibly. After all the Palace Pier is owned by Nobles Amusements; who've got more in common with the Bed of Chaos than I'd care to highlight. Funny thing is, the place is even swarming with flying bloodsuckers who will randomly drop poisonous filth from the skies (after they've failed to steal your chips). And there's even a hardened cadre of rotting, obese stone throwers who dwell in and around the outskirts. Plenty of Leeches too should you decide to go the other way. Not so sure about the fire-breathing dogs though, apart from when the clubs kick out on a Friday night haha.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Dr_Mech 15 Jan 2013 13:12:11 1,040 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Having looked at some videos, the grab move is apparently nearly completely unavoidable unfortunately.
  • Elathron 15 Jan 2013 13:14:05 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - :lol: the running joke down here is... It's Hove, "actually". Sheesh, some people are far too proud/posh of that fact!

• fiery_jackass 15 Jan 2013 14:24:26 477 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @sanctusmortis - I'd highly recommend the Heater Shield because it has a much higher parry frequency. I prefer it to the buckler shield although that one is by the games logic supposed to be a good parry shield
    I'd second Dan's advice and plump for the heater, although in heavy practice I've never noticed much of a difference between parry rates for it and for medium shields. Its damage reduction is much better than buckler/target etc. Plus it scores again in PvP as any player with much experience will be very wary of spamming attacks against someone with a buckler, perhaps less so with a heater.

Edited by fiery_jackass at 14:24:48 15-01-2013
  • Architect_z 15 Jan 2013 15:10:05 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The round shield? (the red and white one that drops from the skelly-bobs) is supposed to be pretty good aswell? I think it has quite alot of stability or something?
  • Elathron 15 Jan 2013 15:27:23 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just to throw my lot in, I've found that the Heater and the Grass Crest shields work equally well in PvE, PvP is all about knowing when your opponent is gonna strike. And if you miss too many parries then your erstwhile enemy will kindly remind you that your back is very exposed while you swipe your shield at thin air.

• onestepfromlost 15 Jan 2013 16:33:56 2,076 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    still getting pissed off with O+S not getting any humanity no matter how much i kill enemies. maybe my build is just pish.
  • quadfather 15 Jan 2013 16:34:42 12,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - what's your build?

And how are you attempting to get humanity?

• Architect_z 15 Jan 2013 16:44:07 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - Keep trying.

Tell us what weapons/armour you have, including (if any) upgrades done on them or modifications. Stats would also be helpful.

If you dont have any preference to who you kill first, try and go for Ornstein first, try and get biggie smoughs stuck behind a pillar, go primarily for ornstein. Lightning resistant armour and shield is preferable in this fight.
  • onestepfromlost 15 Jan 2013 16:51:48 2,076 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    build is sorcery type shield/ spear combo. grass crest shield +10 magic winged spear +5. Elite knoght leggings +8, hard leather gloves +9. still using tatterd cloth robe +6 unitl have enough endurance for eastern armor +4
    try to be mostly mobile focus on INT for weapon and magic scaling which may need upped as i only have it at 31

EDIT: as for humnaity i thought if i just keep killing the mobs in teh area then bonfire rinse repeat eventually ill get humanity? or am i totally wrong?

Edited by onestepfromlost at 16:53:37 15-01-2013
  • quadfather 15 Jan 2013 16:59:14 12,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    build is sorcery type shield/ spear combo. grass crest shield +10 magic winged spear +5. Elite knoght leggings +8, hard leather gloves +9. still using tatterd cloth robe +6 unitl have enough endurance for eastern armor +4
    try to be mostly mobile focus on INT for weapon and magic scaling which may need upped as i only have it at 31

EDIT: as for humnaity i thought if i just keep killing the mobs in teh area then bonfire rinse repeat eventually ill get humanity? or am i totally wrong?
    Could be the winged spear letting you down a bit

You should get humanity in any area by killing monsters while the boss is still alive for that area.

However, if you're not getting much, you'll get *far* more if you trudge back to the 1st bonfire in the depths, put on your gold covetous ring and whack fuck out of the rats for a bit - you'll get loads more

• onestepfromlost 15 Jan 2013 17:02:26 2,076 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    onestepfromlost wrote:

Could be the winged spear letting you down a bit

You should get humanity in any area by killing monsters while the boss is still alive for that area.

However, if you're not getting much, you'll get *far* more if you trudge back to the 1st bonfire in the depths, put on your gold covetous ring and whack fuck out of the rats for a bit - you'll get loads more
    can i trudge back? do i not need to finsih anor londo before i can get back.
  • Architect_z 15 Jan 2013 17:13:25 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - If you run back to where you entered Anor Londo, there is a demon guy, he wont attack you, but you can talk to him and he'll take you back to sens fortress.
    Your gear isnt too bad actually, should be enough to kill them, saying that i've never tried to kill O+S using magic weapons. Are your spells ineffective against them?
  • onestepfromlost 15 Jan 2013 17:20:56 2,076 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    well what i have been doing is killing smough with soul arrow, then big O kicks my ass. I think im just being shite. previous times ive killed O first but then smough usually squishes me too. I think its probably just me :p
  • Architect_z 15 Jan 2013 17:25:46 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have faith dude, you can do it. Like I say, kill O first, once his ass is down, keep your distance from S, and go easy on the attacks, dont spam attacks when theres an opening, get 1 or 2 shots in there and back away.

USE THE PILLARS!

I've said that to everyone who has trouble with this fight.
  • Moshbag 15 Jan 2013 17:44:26 106 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - I'm sure it's been said by someone else, but my advice would be to put your white sign down outside the fog gate and try and get summoned. Not only will you come away with humanity to body up and get your own help, you will get lots of souls to maybe level up, and you may even get some pointers during the fight as to what strategies work. This is what I would do anyway (going all the way back to the Depths or killing endless guys to get humanity just sounds like a big chore to me).

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

• Page

of 1205 First / Last