Dark Souls Page 693

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• MrV333 14 Jan 2013 16:30:06 108 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fell off a ladder by fully depleting my stamina bar mid climb in Sen's the other day.... First time I'd seen that character animation in over 14 mths playing DS... Very slapstick!
  • Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 16:32:38 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @matrim83 - Depending on your build, you could try a few different combos of weapons. The Marakumo or whatever its called, is supposed to be pretty sweet. Its a great curved sword which scales well with dex.
    Normal katanas tend to be better than the washing pole. Washing pole is cool because its ma-hoosive. But it has rubbish scaling, and the length can be more of an issue than a benefit.

Flamberge isnt really amazing.

I'd recommend going for a Great Scythe. Its one of the most powerful/buffable dex weapons. ^_^
  • Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 16:33:24 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @MrV333 - How did you even manage that?

Edited by Architect_z at 16:34:00 14-01-2013
  • MrV333 14 Jan 2013 16:43:19 108 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z Lizard dude froze mid way up ladder due to some collision bug. Only way to get past was punching from below which only did about 17 damage per hit. I didn't think that depleting the bar fully would do anything except freeze me briefly....
  • sanctusmortis 14 Jan 2013 17:19:13 9,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Using the farm spot in Darkroot to round my character out a bit, and practice ripostes. Not going too bad. Going to power level strength for when I ditch the Drake Sword. Killed 3 Black Knights (burg, parish and darkroot) and not a drop, damnit. I'd have settled for anything, but squat. At 7 humanity too!

Edited by sanctusmortis at 17:19:55 14-01-2013
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 17:25:22 3,151 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah Great Scythe is very good.

Anyway, so I tried to cut Kalameet's tail tonight. Looks like this one is going to take a while! hehe

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 17:32:49 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM - Cutting off Kalameets tail is extremely difficult. I think he goes on his back legs during the fight, ideally thats when you need to attempt. But forget Seaths tail, Kalameets is rediculous.
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 17:45:12 3,151 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I done Seath's tail fairly easily, but this is a whole new ball game.

Note that I can rip through Kalameet with my spells. So killing him the normal way isn't too bad. I really want the tail on my sorcerer since I figured it will only get harder to get the tail in NG+ and beyond.

So I will plug away.

• matrim83 14 Jan 2013 18:16:44 5,597 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Holy crap the falmberge sucks so much ass. Its soooooooo slow. I guess thats that.

Valar morghulis.

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 18:17:58 13,358 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Using the farm spot in Darkroot to round my character out a bit, and practice ripostes. Not going too bad. Going to power level strength for when I ditch the Drake Sword. Killed 3 Black Knights (burg, parish and darkroot) and not a drop, damnit. I'd have settled for anything, but squat. At 7 humanity too!
    Looks like you've got the same luck as me - I try for ages to get a balder side sword and the guys on this thread get so lucky with it, they've started taking the piss out of me for it :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 18:18:40 13,358 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    Holy crap the falmberge sucks so much ass. Its soooooooo slow. I guess thats that.
    Could try the marukumo?

• Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 18:23:05 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Marukumo is about as fast as the flamberge isnt it?
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 18:24:27 3,151 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Looks like you've got the same luck as me - I try for ages to get a balder side sword and the guys on this thread get so lucky with it, they've started taking the piss out of me for it :)
    If you still haven't got it then surely someone else that plays on PS3 can drop it for you? Or don't you do things that way on the PS3? ;)

• teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 18:24:57 3,151 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    The Marukumo is about as fast as the flamberge isnt it?
    Yeah it's a lot bigger than the Flamberge but by no means a fast weapon.

• Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 18:27:21 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got a spare baldur, what SL are you?
  • onestepfromlost 14 Jan 2013 19:15:12 2,117 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really need to get back to this, gave up after the millionth death to O+S, no bloody human ity for summons either.
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 19:25:10 3,151 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    I really need to get back to this, gave up after the millionth death to O+S, no bloody human ity for summons either.
    In under 20 minutes farming mobs a humanity will appear in your counter. You can then use this to summon.

• sanctusmortis 14 Jan 2013 19:27:21 9,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So what's a good shield for ripostes? And where is it, more importantly? Currently using the Knight(?) Shield from the corpse behind the Darkroot Black Knight.
  • Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 20:00:35 2,403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @sanctusmortis - I'd say the black/silver knight shields. Both shields are good all rounders, you can parry with them, they provide 100% physical block and high damage against elemental attacks.
  • onestepfromlost 14 Jan 2013 21:10:17 2,117 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    In under 20 minutes farming mobs a humanity will appear in your counter. You can then use this to summon.
    Or even get summoned/kill boss to earn humanity. :D
    to be honest i havnt really summoned anyone apart from the npcs and havnt been summoned before its something havnt played about with. ( i know you are all about to tell me im missing out on a mjor part of the game big style) :p
  • quadfather 15 Jan 2013 09:05:09 13,358 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    If you still haven't got it then surely someone else that plays on PS3 can drop it for you? Or don't you do things that way on the PS3? ;)
    I have a grand total of 2. One on my dex build (finally) and one on my pre-patch mule/bb char. It's just the drop rate for me on New chars seems outrageously unfair :)

• sanctusmortis 15 Jan 2013 09:50:16 9,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, I'm nearly ready to quit the farm and head for Gargoyles and Quelaag. Got the darkwood grain ring by betraying the Forest Covenant, and offed all the uniques. Is there any way to sell spare equipment, because I have tons of useless crap that I store in a Bottomless Box...
  • quadfather 15 Jan 2013 09:54:48 13,358 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Well, I'm nearly ready to quit the farm and head for Gargoyles and Quelaag. Got the darkwood grain ring by betraying the Forest Covenant, and offed all the uniques. Is there any way to sell spare equipment, because I have tons of useless crap that I store in a Bottomless Box...
    There is a way of getting rid of stuff later for some souls, but it's not for a while yet - just stash it all in your box for now

• quadfather 15 Jan 2013 09:56:14 13,358 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I've been playing dark souls for too long. On the way to work this morning, I walked past a van that had a generator running inside it. I swear it sounded exactly like the rumbling noise that the chaos eaters make in lost izalith...

• Moot_Point 15 Jan 2013 10:01:52 4,598 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    So what's a good shield for ripostes?
    The buckler. It is a small shield that has the faster animation for ripostes. The thief class has this at the beginning, but they drop from the Balder Knights (Rapier) in the Undead Parish.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Dangerous_Dan 15 Jan 2013 10:12:38 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @sanctusmortis - I'd highly recommend the Heater Shield because it has a much higher parry frequency. I prefer it to the buckler shield although that one is by the games logic supposed to be a good parry shield.

Other important stuff:
    Get in the face of your enemies while parrying. The closer the distance to them the easier it is to parry, a longer valid time frame.

Parry rather too late not too early. If you are too late you still get in a so called "partial parry" which does not parry the enemy but protects your from a lot of the damage and does prevent getting stunned. If you parry too early you are just screwed.

Here's the narrated expert's guide:

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 10:14:06 15-01-2013
  • Page

of 1218 First / Last