Dark Souls Page 692

• Page

of 1211 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 14 Jan 2013 13:24:48 17,185 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ummm, I'm trying to get the DSfix thing to work, I did have it working once before but I fancied tooling around Lodran again only to find that it wont work. My problem is that it's currently putting the main game screen into a quarter at the top while the HUD is still full screen.

Hope that makes some sense as it's a bit weird to explain, it's like it's resolution is set to a quarter yet I've got it set to 1920 x 1080 so I'm a bit confused. I've tried looking on various websites but though people seem to have the same problem no one actually answers it.

You are a factory of sadness.

• sport 14 Jan 2013 13:26:54 12,775 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @Architect_z

longsword - 10, 10
    balder - 10, 14

so neither as you've only got 9 dex :/
    Curses. I wish I had the wiki at work. Might just upgrade the pyros hand axe. ^_^
    Reinforced club is the way to go I reckon. Does good bleed damage too.
  • quadfather 14 Jan 2013 13:39:01 12,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Ummm, I'm trying to get the DSfix thing to work, I did have it working once before but I fancied tooling around Lodran again only to find that it wont work. My problem is that it's currently putting the main game screen into a quarter at the top while the HUD is still full screen.

Hope that makes some sense as it's a bit weird to explain, it's like it's resolution is set to a quarter yet I've got it set to 1920 x 1080 so I'm a bit confused. I've tried looking on various websites but though people seem to have the same problem no one actually answers it.
    I think this is caused by having the AA set to ON in the options. Also, whatever option is next to AA (I can't remember what it is), that needs to be OFF too. Then try it again

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 13:39:27 12,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @Architect_z

longsword - 10, 10
    balder - 10, 14

so neither as you've only got 9 dex :/
    Curses. I wish I had the wiki at work. Might just upgrade the pyros hand axe. ^_^
    Reinforced club is the way to go I reckon. Does good bleed damage too.
    or a lightning battle axe :)

• senso-ji 14 Jan 2013 13:42:48 5,968 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Architect_z

Reinforced club - a lightning +5 version does 242 physical and 242 lightning damage. I'd imagine a chaos +5 version does even more.
  • Mr_Sleep 14 Jan 2013 13:43:56 17,185 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Excellent, thanks guys, I'll give it a go.

• teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 13:45:23 3,061 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    @Architect_z

Reinforced club - a lightning +5 version does 242 physical and 242 lightning damage. I'd imagine a chaos +5 version does even more.
    Yeah Lightning Reinforced Club is pretty much right up there for a level 1 Pyro.

Shame the moveset is utter utter shite.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• sport 14 Jan 2013 13:59:35 12,775 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Someone made a spreadsheet :-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmgW2ivv3kbgdGQ5SU00azJBcGZxR1VNaUNkZF9oTVE&hl=en#gid=0

Lightning reinforced club and a Fire battle axe \o/
  • Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 14:00:34 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What about the Estoc? Or Shotel? too much dex required I tek it?
  • Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 14:01:51 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    IS there any reason you have to be a pyro? Can I not be a level one Warrior or Bandit?
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 14:02:31 3,061 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    What about the Estoc? Or Shotel? too much dex required I tek it?
    IIRC Estoc is 12 and Shotel is 14 dex.

• teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 14:03:02 3,061 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    IS there any reason you have to be a pyro? Can I not be a level one Warrior or Bandit?
    You can be what you want, but you have to start as the Pyromancer class as that's the only one that starts at Level 1.

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 14:04:48 12,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wanderer has 10 strength and 14 dex (level 3), which obviously isn't level 1, but we're talking two measly levels here, and 10 str and 14 dex opens up a lot more weapons

• teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 14:09:09 3,061 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Wanderer has 10 strength and 14 dex (level 3), which obviously isn't level 1, but we're talking two measly levels here, and 10 str and 14 dex opens up a lot more weapons
    True, but a Level 3 run doesn't sound as cool as a Level 1 run now does it :)

• Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 14:12:54 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Hahahahaha agree with both statments, its only 2 levels and low level invasions would still be possible. But completing Dark Souls on Level 1 makes you sound like such a badass.
  • sport 14 Jan 2013 14:13:15 12,775 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Yeah this. I think technically, the sorcerer at level 3 is actually the weakest from a stat point of view, but this is all about SL "ONE" :-)
  • matrim83 14 Jan 2013 14:13:30 5,590 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I am starting a new build and wanna try a weapon that I havent before (means no Iato, Uchi or Balder side sword). I am looking at the Flamberge or the Washing Pole but also open to suggestions. Some STR (16 currently and thats as high as it will go) and mostly DEX (plant to end up at 35+) build.

What do you guys recommend?

Valar morghulis.

• Mr_Sleep 14 Jan 2013 14:15:14 17,185 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The turning off AA worked by the way, thanks a bunch.

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 14:22:52 12,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sport wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Yeah this. I think technically, the sorcerer at level 3 is actually the weakest from a stat point of view, but this is all about SL "ONE" :-)
    ok ok goddamit! We're bad enough masochists as it is for playing the damn game, never mind at low level! :)

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 14:23:29 12,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Cool, glad it worked.

Looks nice on a high res doesn't it

• teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 14:27:18 3,061 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    So I am starting a new build and wanna try a weapon that I havent before (means no Iato, Uchi or Balder side sword). I am looking at the Flamberge or the Washing Pole but also open to suggestions. Some STR (16 currently and thats as high as it will go) and mostly DEX (plant to end up at 35+) build.

Well for a start the Washing Pole requires 20 strength. But it's basically just a longer version of the Uchi/Iaito anyway.

I made a Chaos Flamberge + 5 for my sorcerer and it's ok. Requires 16/14. The range doesn't seem as good as it should be for a greatsword. IIRC the light attack is like a Falchion and the heavy attack is like the Claymore. If you experiment with the moveset you will see what I mean. It also has bleed which is nice.

Partizan is pretty neat. The Silver Knight Spear is pretty good too. Also has a passive holy property so you can use it in Catacombs. Or you could try Ricard's Rapier, Silver Knight Straight Sword, Falchion, Claymore, or if you are feeling brave, the two tracers from Ciaran (assuming you have the DLC).

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 14:30:59 12,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:

Washing pole only has 60 durability, if that's an issue to you. It's also only available from Shiva, so you'd need something else in the interim

It's also quite like the other curved swords you've already used :)

Flamberge is at Sens, and only scales C with dex until you take it to +14, at which point it's B.

Actually, thinking about it, the washing pole only scales D until you upgrade it - but only to C

If you're going for ~35 dex and don't want to use the Iaito, Uchi or BSS, i guess you need to look at what you want - do you want massive damage? If so, I'd recommend the Murakumo - you'll need more strength (unless you 2-hand it), but it's the most damaging curved sword.

The Server in blighttown might be valid too, but again, unless you take your strength over 16, you'll have to 2 hand it

• Dr_Mech 14 Jan 2013 15:15:34 1,043 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oooh do a Castlevania build.

Get both the normal Whip and the Notched Whip, make one Divine (for Catacombs) and one fire (for general use), wear the Warrior's set and get whipping!
  • Mr_Sleep 14 Jan 2013 15:23:49 17,185 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Cool, glad it worked.

Looks nice on a high res doesn't it
    It does, though not quite as nice as I'd hoped. I will probably need to go and fiddle more with the ini to get it looking lovely. It's certainly an improvement over the vanilla version though :-)

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 15:38:04 12,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - yup, I fiddled with the ini to change all the resolutions - in the end I just stuck with 1080 and it looks a treat.

Well, as much as polishing a console port can look anyway

• Mr_Sleep 14 Jan 2013 15:58:13 17,185 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think that might end up being a problem until someone starts to re-texture the thing too. There's only so much people can do to improve it. Not sure the modding community is likely to bother really, it's kind of as good as it's likely to get I guess.

I'm obviously a bit rusty at the game, I died trying to kill the first armoured boar thing. I guess I should have just cheesed it from above with some arrows or something. My short sword did nothing to him at all. I'm so out of practice on my cheesing skills!

• Cannon_Fodder 14 Jan 2013 16:02:49 219 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There was a rule of thumb to do with the resolution size in the ini, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

If you have a native res of 1920 x 1080 and play the game at that res, set it a bit higher than that (I don't know what the most common resolution higher than that is, 2560 x 1440?) and it should look great. I believe play with these settings but then shove the game into windowed mode as I like to be able to tab out at times.

Edited by Cannon_Fodder at 16:03:59 14-01-2013

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 16:05:05 12,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I think that might end up being a problem until someone starts to re-texture the thing too. There's only so much people can do to improve it. Not sure the modding community is likely to bother really, it's kind of as good as it's likely to get I guess.

I'm obviously a bit rusty at the game, I died trying to kill the first armoured boar thing. I guess I should have just cheesed it from above with some arrows or something. My short sword did nothing to him at all. I'm so out of practice on my cheesing skills!
    Tell me about it! I've not played for a little while either, and regularly get kicked to hell and back. I tried to do the crystal caves the other week and I rage quit it :)

• Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jan 2013 16:29:20 11,404 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tried to bomb through Sen's Fortress while very sleepy. I'm sure you can guess how that turned out...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Page

of 1211 First / Last