Dark Souls Page 691

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• Seto 14 Jan 2013 09:59:53 671 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, after 60 hours of playtime (mostly messing around). I defeated four kings as a starter pyro to become a level one darkwrath.

After countless tries, swapping around and leveling gear, the good old maxed pyro hand did the trick.

And on a side note - I'm ashamed of how I abused my power and started invading other low level people (who mostly had no chance against maxed out gear).
  • Dangerous_Dan 14 Jan 2013 10:05:15 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's how it's supposed to be played ;)
  • Elathron 14 Jan 2013 11:24:36 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM It does indeed! I can give you a hand buddy, but not till after the 21st I'm afraid! I've got limited access but I can't write messages or connect to anyone else's game etc. I'm really at a loss as to what's wrong too, literally one minute everything was fine, then it just kinda wasn't :lol: It's nothing inside the house as I've checked it all - so I have no choice but to wait.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• sport 14 Jan 2013 11:25:27 12,697 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is anyone here a OneBro yet?
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 11:37:30 2,887 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @sport

say what now?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 11:38:41 2,887 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

Sucks. You don't have sky do you? I have sky broadband and its utter shite. After about 5pm BT throttle all the bandwidth in our area which means Sky customers etc get nuked down to about 1Mbps.

I will have a go at Kalameet today and see how I get on (probably bad) :p

• sport 14 Jan 2013 11:43:58 12,697 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    @sport

say what now?
    hehe, complete a DS run at SL1 (pyro only). Upgraded equipment fine but no levelling up allowed.

Edited by sport at 11:44:15 14-01-2013
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 11:46:02 2,887 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aah right. No I haven't but I might start one today!

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 11:50:07 11,992 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gah, that's easy - I can do that. Here, hold my beer

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• teamHAM 14 Jan 2013 11:53:53 2,887 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Gah, that's easy - I can do that. Here, hold my beer
    :D

• Elathron 14 Jan 2013 12:07:54 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - TalkTalk mate :( The avg. DL speed in my area is 4mbps with them, and yeah - BT throttle the line for every provider other than themselves. It's their line so they can do what they want I 'spose! However if my BB speeds don't imrove after the engineer visits, I'll be getting the fibre optic BB from BT anyway so hopefully that'll solve more problems long term anyway.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 12:09:32 11,992 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - you want to try living at the bottom of a valley mate. 4mbs would be a dream come true for me - we've only just stopped celebrating the fact we have electricity

• Scurrminator 14 Jan 2013 12:13:07 8,405 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I got this and am finally enjoying it.
    Did the undead asylum bit fine (didn't die) and then died a LOT trying to kill that first proper boss on the castle wall. But when I called in someone to help and we did it together it all clicked and am now loving it.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 12:16:25 11,992 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Scurrminator - it's brilliant when it clicks isn't it? Prepare yourself now for countless hours of addiction :)

• Dr_Mech 14 Jan 2013 12:17:59 1,021 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh dear...someone else has been infected by the Dark Souls bug.

I see what you mean about the early bosses in NG+ cleared all the way upto and including Depths with only one death to that fecking Hellkite Dragon who caught me out.

Decided since I got 40 in Strength, endurance and 31 in Vitality that I'll level another stat, so bumped up my attunement to get my inital slot free and been bumping up my faith.

I'll need both Faith and Intelligence to 20 in order to wield the non-cursed version of the Greatsword of Artorias.

Also bested Sif as well, nice chunk of souls in NG+, will probably try the other bosses I have easy access too though I want to get the Power Within Pyromancy and to bump up my Attunement some more to get an additional slot open so I can combine that with Iron Flesh before I do Four Kings

Edited by Dr_Mech at 12:29:38 14-01-2013
  • Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 12:34:19 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Level 1 Pyro challenge eh?
    I accept this challenge!

What kind of weapons can you wield as a level one pyro?
  • Dr_Mech 14 Jan 2013 12:42:00 1,021 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Level one pyro appears to have just enough Strength and Dex to wield the battle axe one handed and you can use the Balder shield as well.

That looks to be your lot out of any semi-viable weapons.

Oddly isn't the strength letting you down but the 9 Dex that stumps a lot of decent choices.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 12:44:56 14-01-2013
  • sport 14 Jan 2013 12:47:01 12,697 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently, a lightning club is a good option. Also, as you're not levelling up, you can put all your souls into upping your pyro glove fairly early on.
  • sanctusmortis 14 Jan 2013 12:48:22 9,628 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Now in the Darkroot farming souls with the Drake Sword. Had my first invader earlier, had to snigger when my internet cable popped loose as I strode out to face him and it dumped me into Offline :D Guess I'll not have that fight yet then... Wish I had another network cable with both ends unbroken, like. Losing Live at random kinda sucks.

Still, levelled nicely and considering which source of scales to hunt down so I can get the Drake Sword put up some levels. No longer utterly terrified of dying every battle, but can't parry to save my damn life. Literally, sadly. At least it's 100% physical resist.
  • quadfather 14 Jan 2013 12:48:48 11,992 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - well, -

Vit 10
    Att 12
    End 11
    Str 12
    Dex 9
    Res 12
    Int 10
    Fai 8

So you're looking at str 12 and dex 9.

Battleaxe
    heavy crossbow
    jagged ghost blade
    dagger
    caestus
    club
    mace
    morning star
    reinforced club

and your glove + other spells from 10 int

Interestingly, there's not one type of sword that you can use (with the exception of the hilt and the broken one) 1 handed. Quite a few 2 handed though

Edited by quadfather at 12:49:24 14-01-2013

• quadfather 14 Jan 2013 12:51:39 11,992 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Now in the Darkroot farming souls with the Drake Sword. Had my first invader earlier, had to snigger when my internet cable popped loose as I strode out to face him and it dumped me into Offline :D Guess I'll not have that fight yet then... Wish I had another network cable with both ends unbroken, like. Losing Live at random kinda sucks.

Still, levelled nicely and considering which source of scales to hunt down so I can get the Drake Sword put up some levels. No longer utterly terrified of dying every battle, but can't parry to save my damn life. Literally, sadly. At least it's 100% physical resist.
    for info, the drake sword needs dragon scales to upgrade. You cant buy these and theyre not that common at the start of the game

• sanctusmortis 14 Jan 2013 12:55:28 9,628 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's a Hydra I can kill, and then after that it's trying to get the Snuggly trade, from what I've read. It'll be a while, but it'll still be before I hit Lightning Spear...
  • Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 12:59:37 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - Nice. What about the longsword, or better, the baldur side sword?
  • quadfather 14 Jan 2013 13:03:58 11,992 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z

longsword - 10, 10
    balder - 10, 14

so neither as you've only got 9 dex :/

• Dr_Mech 14 Jan 2013 13:05:01 1,021 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:

Honestly do not bother levelling the Drake Sword, the upgrading is barely worth it and once you hit a certain point in the game (namely the hardest bossfight in the game apparently) it actually becomes nigh on completely useless due to the fact it does not scale with any stats.

Here is Drake Sword base damage:

Fully upgraded damage (requires 8 Dragon scales, 8 of which are available as rewards for killing certain things/loot in chests per playthrough, you'll have to farm probably the toughest respawning enemies in the game to get more without clearing an entire playthrough, well depending on the build depends how tough they are):

Now depending on which build your going for weapons at +10 which will probably outpreform the Drakesword and are fairly easily obtainable.
    Strength:
    Claymore: 206 + just the stats to wield it (20 strength, 16 dex) = 280 (if I remember correctly from my playthrough)

Dex:
    With Dex builds you're not looking at big hits, you're looking at lots of quick, little hits, something like the Rapier at +10 will probably do around 150 damage BUT you can attack really quickly with it.

Now for the other builds like Intelligence or Faith, eh someone who actually looked into faith or intelligence builds will have to suggest that but those usually require Enchanted or Divine weapons to get the most damage out of them.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 13:06:29 14-01-2013
  • quadfather 14 Jan 2013 13:05:11 11,992 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    There's a Hydra I can kill, and then after that it's trying to get the Snuggly trade, from what I've read. It'll be a while, but it'll still be before I hit Lightning Spear...
    Yup, plus there's one in blighttown too.

I wouldn't get too attached to the drake sword though - it's good at the start, but it gets very quickly outmatched, especially if you're levelling strength or dex and using weapons that scale well with those stats

• FourSevenZero 14 Jan 2013 13:08:22 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Those Dragon Scales are fairly hard to come by might be worth keeping hold of them for now, you never know, just saying :)
  • riz23 14 Jan 2013 13:23:20 1,276 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Another vote here for not levelling up the drake sword. It's an early game crutch to get you to a point where you can work out your build direction and have weapons to support it. I'm only SL50 with Dex/Int and I am running around with a +10 Scimitar & a +3 Magic Halberd. I plan to make that enchanted when I find the blacksmith to do it. At the moment I'm just farming titanite and humanity. Only really just worked out what the hell I'm doing! I've had the game for a year but I stopped playing it for ages as, well, I was just too scared! :)
  • Architect_z 14 Jan 2013 13:23:29 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Architect_z

longsword - 10, 10
    balder - 10, 14

so neither as you've only got 9 dex :/
    Curses. I wish I had the wiki at work. Might just upgrade the pyros hand axe. ^_^
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last