Dark Souls Page 689

• Page

of 1210 First / Last

• Elathron 10 Jan 2013 19:45:20 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - Go for parries when you kill the DW's and try to get the overkill bonus... From what I can tell it increases the drop rate as I keep getting 2 chunks at a time etc. Also had 2 slabs in 1 week using this method, try to get 410 item find however, it's a remarkable difference...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Dangerous_Dan 10 Jan 2013 19:49:40 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck Slabs, the Stray Demon in the Undead Asylum when you return there, drops one, there is a story reward one if you continue the Siegmeyer quest line, the crystal lizards in the great hollow drop them quite often, but only there, and there is one in the DLC.
  • FanBoysSuck 10 Jan 2013 19:55:32 1,524 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah the overkill bonus, I'd forgotten about that! I may switch up my tactic of 2 backstabs with the uchi for the buff! Any tips on how to get to 410? 1humanity boosts me from 350 to 358 so I figured getting another 8 wouldn't make a difference.

For the emperor!

• FanBoysSuck 10 Jan 2013 19:57:49 1,524 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @FanBoysSuck Slabs, the Stray Demon in the Undead Asylum when you return there, drops one, there is a story reward one if you continue the Siegmeyer quest line, the crystal lizards in the great hollow drop them quite often, but only there, and there is one in the DLC.
    Cheers but I've got all those and I fucked up onion bro's quest on my second playthrough, I just need 1 so I can take my BSS up to 15. It should be better than my uchi now my strengths up to 28, especially 2 handed.

For the emperor!

• Dr_Mech 10 Jan 2013 19:59:19 1,043 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kingcuong wrote:
    Vaatividya on YouTube has an AMAZING lore series. I just found him today! Well made and very informative.
    Is that the "prepare to cry" lore series?

Having watch that series it made me thinkg "christ does nothing end happily in the souls series?!"

The game just loves subverting the 'Good Deeds' the player does doesn't it?

The only one that had a possibly, even remotely happy ending is is Solaire if you save him, since he links the fires in his own world, even that is dubious as to whether it is a happy ending or not.

Also the Dark Wraiths have a very slim chance of dropping Titanite Slabs, I managed to snag one off them in my first farming run.

Edit:
    Also this image did make me chuckle.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 20:40:19 10-01-2013
  • FanBoysSuck 10 Jan 2013 22:18:19 1,524 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The slab finally dropped!

I'm strangely glad it took 10 hours, I've gone up loads of levels and I've had chance to experiment with weapons. Turns out the murakamo does more damage than pretty much anything else with my 45 dex / 28 str so I went for that to 15. Looks like I've finally got something that will deny kalameet one handed!

For the emperor!

• blackbriar101 10 Jan 2013 23:15:12 34 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Has anybody in this forum tried to purchase the digital version of Demon's Souls from the US PSN and had any issues regarding online connectivity, I'm aware the servers were shut down some time ago but there is still some online elements intact. I'm in europe and i'm considering getting the game via a US account and US PSN card etc.
  • Paulie_P 10 Jan 2013 23:34:15 416 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally beat that Capra Demon, only used one flask too and did it Mano-a-Mano not using the fling dung monkey method!
  • FanBoysSuck 10 Jan 2013 23:51:01 1,524 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Did you seriously farm for ten whole hours to get a slab?

I think I'd go insane after a fraction of that.

Edited by Goodfella at 22:36:13 10-01-2013
    Not in one go, my TV times been limited due to the better half having super flu over christmas and taking over the sofa but yeah it works out around that mark going on the odd hour I've had chance to play. It's been split up by going through the dlc as well.

Kalameet is down! Onto meeting baby Sif and Manus!

For the emperor!

• puddleduck 11 Jan 2013 00:16:45 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THe only thing I have left to do for the plat is get all miracles... which I thought I'd done on a different character, so I was pretty annoyed when I got Priscilla's dagger expecting the final "ding!"

Reckon I might create one last char to do that once I'm done with Far Cry.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 11 Jan 2013 05:38:36 11,396 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The platinum for Dark Souls was, in my opinion, a bit annoying, whereas the Demon's Souls one was spot on. Demon's Souls was pretty much all about getting your mitts on the pure bladestone, and everything else was relatively okay...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Telepathic.Geometry 11 Jan 2013 06:37:06 11,396 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By the way, I've recently downloaded the Artorias of the Abyss shit, and am planning to go in with my usual warrior mage glass cannon. +1 strength to help me wield basic a crest shield and a longsword, which I will magic up to the balls. To start with I'll do my best to nick Havel's ring, nab the elite knight set and upgrade the whole set and invest in intelligence up to 50, and after that, endurance as far as 40.

So!

Am I missing anything? Is there anything in particular that a guy should be takin' with him down into the abyss? Fire weapons? A good magic shield? I don't really wanna know too much, but a tip would be nice...

• FanBoysSuck 11 Jan 2013 07:48:15 1,524 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    By the way, I've recently downloaded the Artorias of the Abyss shit, and am planning to go in with my usual warrior mage glass cannon. 1 strength to help me wield basic a crest shield and a longsword, which I will magic up to the balls. To start with I'll do my best to nick Havel's ring, nab the elite knight set and upgrade the whole set and invest in intelligence up to 50, and after that, endurance as far as 40.

So!

Am I missing anything? Is there anything in particular that a guy should be takin' with him down into the abyss? Fire weapons? A good magic shield? I don't really wanna know too much, but a tip would be nice...
    A shield with lots of stability. Dark magic does physical damage and almost takes up the entire endurance bar when you block it. That is on new game plus though. Make sure you've got a light source as well, you'll need it for a very handy item. Most enemies down there seem to be weak to fire although that may just be my fully upgraded pyro glove. It clears groups very quickly.

For the emperor!

• Telepathic.Geometry 11 Jan 2013 08:15:04 11,396 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /takes notes

Cheers FBS! I'm goin' in!

• quadfather 11 Jan 2013 08:36:51 12,849 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 11 Jan 2013 08:39:25 12,849 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Goodfella - faith only?

• Dr_Mech 11 Jan 2013 09:19:58 1,043 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    Finally beat that Capra Demon, only used one flask too and did it Mano-a-Mano not using the fling dung monkey method!
    Gratz!

That is probably the hardest early fight out of the way, the boss you fight in the depths, even though I had trouble with it (took me 4 tries, compared to Capra's 2) is actually really easy once you know the strategy for it.

There is probably only one fight harder than Capra in the game IMO and is a pain in the arse to do solo, trust me you'll know the fight when you get to it but you're some way off.

Key word of advice for your next boss...when he charges you, get out of the way, even blocking will get you insta-killed. Learned that the hard way. Oh and go for his tail first.

I'm on the home stretch now it seems Priscilla down (tail cut off too!), Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage, Centipede Demon and Bed of Chaos down. Just Pinwheel, Nito and Seath left before the final boss.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 09:21:30 11-01-2013
  • quadfather 11 Jan 2013 09:33:36 12,849 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    @quadfather

The person who did the speed run has already bettered his time since ENB's videos:

This is unbelievable. Have you all seen it?

I've never seen anyone do demon's ruins without lowering the lava?!?!

• quadfather 11 Jan 2013 09:34:06 12,849 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I've got a dex/faith build (43 faith so far). I guess there isn't really much room to make anything much different is there. :p
    Specific weapon build? Fists? Washing pole, titanite pole?

• Dr_Mech 11 Jan 2013 09:39:24 1,043 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ech I've seen footage of it...why do you think I'm putting off those two areas for last...especially since I have no light source...

Why I did the argueably harder Demon ruins/Lost Izalith first, even though the jumping arse monsters have a massive aggro range (they reduced it vastly in a patch) which meant I had to slowly work my way through that part with a bow for like an hour and I'll be doing Duke's archives next, Catacombs/Tomb of Giants looks like one massive ballache...

Oh and you could always try "The Boxer" challenge build, Strength/Dex/Viality main stats, Fists/Cestus/Dragon Bone fists only, no top allowed, everything else is ok.

Been watching a guy playing Dark Souls using that challenge, he even managed to beat O+S solo with it.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 09:42:32 11-01-2013
  • Dr_Mech 11 Jan 2013 09:53:14 1,043 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    It's great as a sorcerer, homing soul mass just kills enemies before you see them. :D

You'll get a form of light source not long after entering but it's not the best option. You can use cast light spell if you have 14 INT, or you can get the Sunlight Maggot head gear in Lost Izalith.
    Don't have the required int and...I kind of ballsed up the questline that leads to getting that item...(he wasn't in Lost Izalith at all).

So yeah..not great...
  • teamHAM 11 Jan 2013 10:01:18 3,036 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:
    It's great as a sorcerer, homing soul mass just kills enemies before you see them. :D

You'll get a form of light source not long after entering but it's not the best option. You can use cast light spell if you have 14 INT, or you can get the Sunlight Maggot head gear in Lost Izalith.
    Don't have the required int and...I kind of ballsed up the questline that leads to getting that item...(he wasn't in Lost Izalith at all).

So yeah..not great...
    There is one Sunlight Maggot available on every playthrough regardless of what you do.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Cannon_Fodder 11 Jan 2013 10:03:56 219 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was going to say, I didn't think the Sunlight Maggot depended on the quest line, more the outcome of the quest line changes depending on what happens to the Chaos Bug.

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• quadfather 11 Jan 2013 10:23:23 12,849 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can't you trade for one too?

• Page

of 1210 First / Last