Dark Souls Page 686

• Page

of 1205 First / Last

• senso-ji 7 Jan 2013 19:28:57 5,923 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @fiery_jackass

It's a shame there isn't much Arena PvP - it cuts out 90% of what you mentioned, because the cheap tactics rely on match ups that are of differing levels. As soon as both players are SL 100 (or another equal number) then things get much more tactical, especially when you consider that most healing doesn't work.
  • fiery_jackass 7 Jan 2013 19:52:13 477 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:I'd be more than happy to use that combo against runners, backstabbers and general dick heads
    heh. This is like that bit when Yoda warns Luke that he can't go round using the Dark Magics for good, as it'll corrupt him
    senso-ji wrote:
    It's a shame there isn't much Arena PvP - it cuts out 90% of what you mentioned, because the cheap tactics rely on match ups that are of differing levels. As soon as both players are SL 100 (or another equal number) then things get much more tactical, especially when you consider that most healing doesn't work.
    yeah. I tried and tried the Arena, found it all a bit joyless waiting around for ages. Shame.

The "different levels" business is why I don't really bother with the Darkmoon Covenant. Far too many times I invaded some poor knacker with 500hp or something whilst I was a level 75. Darkwraith = better fun, plus you don't have to work for that weirdo.

Edited by fiery_jackass at 19:52:30 07-01-2013
  • erekose200 7 Jan 2013 20:33:33 81 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really don't get the problem with pursuers. Yes it follows you but it's slow, in very limited castings and easily outmanoeuvred..
  • erekose200 7 Jan 2013 20:46:56 81 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Goodfella

Haha.. here's a conundrum.. should you bow when greeting the guilty?!
  • fiery_jackass 7 Jan 2013 20:51:14 477 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pursuers is easy to avoid if you've room. If you're tight and the guy is spamming dark bead or waggling a CMW'd katana at you, it's trouble. Happily 75% of the time the invaders using it are total duffers. One cast of Great Magic Barrier and it's curtains for them, particularly when they switch to the ubiquitous Moonlight Greatsword without realising that it'll do precisely fuck all.
  • Elathron 7 Jan 2013 20:56:42 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Poor guilty sods; gotta love DM cov. I just invaded 6 guys who didn't realise that a glowing blue uchi means "run"...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Cannon_Fodder 7 Jan 2013 21:37:46 219 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Having no joy punishing the guilty tonight, haven't managed to invade a single person yet. Also managed to drop a point in Intelligence by mistake to top it all off, think it is time to put the controller down for today before I begin raging :(

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• teamHAM 7 Jan 2013 21:48:03 2,985 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

Seem to have missed you tonight. Let me know when you are next about if you fancy some more co-op/PvP.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Dr_Mech 8 Jan 2013 08:29:30 1,040 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well that is Four Kings down.

Just waded on in there two handing my +15 Butcher's knife buffed with Charcoal resin and wearing Havel's set, burned (both literally and metaphorically) the first one down in record time, infact the buff wore off on the last guy.

Yay for high strength and vitality for absorbing hits.

Now the slow, painful process of farming the Dark wraiths for Titanite Chunks, if I could get the Xbox online (will probably buy the wireless thing next payday but £60 is a bit of an outlay) I could get the patch that lets you buy them from the Giant Blacksmith (it would also mean my +15 Butcher's knife did even more damage as well apparently).

Edited by Dr_Mech at 08:31:19 08-01-2013
  • Cannon_Fodder 8 Jan 2013 08:42:34 219 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dr_Mech You can get them much cheaper on eBay and some online retailers.

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• Elathron 8 Jan 2013 10:15:36 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - :( I had an early night because I've been depriving myself of sleep of late... Many successful invasions around Darkroot, and at one point almost got ganked when a red phantom appeared from behind a wall. Guess he should've stayed put because he lunged to attack and went flying off the cliff by the bonfire :lol:

I'll be on again from the same time tonight dude!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• teamHAM 8 Jan 2013 10:40:37 2,985 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech

Just to let you know that you cannot buy Titanite Chunks from the Giant Blacksmith.

In Patch 1.05 I think they did make Twinkling Titanite available for purchase though at 8000 souls each.

• teamHAM 8 Jan 2013 10:41:54 2,985 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

You mean depriving yourself of sleep because you have been battering XCOM :p As I said I went through that phase when it first came out. I still have it and I think I'm on the last mission but I just haven't had the desire to get back into it for some reason.

I may be on DS tonight. Not 100% sure yet but I hope to be.

• Elathron 8 Jan 2013 10:45:31 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yup, chunks are farmable from the mid-game onwards - you cannot buy them from anyone sadly - before that time you shouldn't really need them anyway? Speaking of chunk famring... I got my 2nd Titanite Slab from a Darkwraith last night. They must have got rich all of a sudden because this is only the 2nd time in 14 months of farming that they've dropped one. Before the DLC I hadn't picked up a single one from them so whatever they've changed, I appreciate.

• Elathron 8 Jan 2013 11:14:06 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Guilty as charged (waiting for DM's to invade my world now haha). I'm also on the last mission, but have to shoot down 4 more UFO's in this playthrough.

Edited by Elathron at 11:14:45 08-01-2013

• Lotos8ter 8 Jan 2013 14:53:18 2,360 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    erekose200 wrote:
    @Goodfella

Haha.. here's a conundrum.. should you bow when greeting the guilty?!
    Yes - it might be people like me who killed Gwynodlin with a character and have permanent sin as a result.

Fiat Lux

• Architect_z 8 Jan 2013 15:33:39 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I always bow before splicing my enemies guts around the level.

Well I always bow if I can, by pure experience I know when and how far I need to be from the enemy if they feel like being cheap and running for a backstab.

However, as theres quite a few gankers in the painted world, I have to apply GMB straight away incase they come out of chameleon and spam dark magic, or run up to me and spam WotG.

As Bruce Lee said..."Never take eye off opponent, even when you bow!"

Edited by Architect_z at 15:41:09 08-01-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 8 Jan 2013 15:49:46 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I only bow if the other person is bowing and only in a safe distance. Had my own bad experiences.
    One guy bowed in front of me, so I did the same and just then he ran behind me and backstabbed me in the middle of my bow.
    The thing is a few invasions later I came to the same guy and when he bowed to me again I ran up to him and cut and smashed him into oblivion. No skill for evading or dodging at all.
  • Dangerous_Dan 8 Jan 2013 15:55:01 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So who are you siding with in the game?

with
    Gwyn, Frampt, Gwyndolin
    or with
    Darkstalker Kaathe
  • Architect_z 8 Jan 2013 17:57:27 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Goodfella - I was watching Dark Souls Rosie, (who if none of you have seen her videos, some of them are quite hilarious.)

She poses as the Bandit class in the dark root garden, she pretends to be one of the NPC's, and when invaders come near she one-shots them with a backstab.
    Its really quite funny.

Although i think its called "Indiana Jones Souls" or something. The guy is a complete jerk basically ganking round sens, but its so funny.
  • fiery_jackass 8 Jan 2013 18:04:43 477 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan
    with Darkstalker Kaathe
    red invaders are more fun. Never get a blue invader coming in dual-wielding bonewheels or an improbably large Axe
  • TheCrane 8 Jan 2013 18:05:52 100 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cannon_Fodder wrote:
    @Dr_Mech You can get them much cheaper on eBay and some online retailers.
    For a few seconds there I thought you could buy titanite chunks online!
  • quadfather 8 Jan 2013 18:11:56 12,270 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheCrane - same!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 8 Jan 2013 18:29:21 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am a follower of Kaathe.
  • mcmothercruncher 8 Jan 2013 18:41:18 7,105 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Poor Solaire, so obsessed that he's trying to drink pure sunlight these days...

• Architect_z 8 Jan 2013 18:53:18 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm a dark souls policeman - Blade of the Darkmoon
  • Dangerous_Dan 8 Jan 2013 18:54:37 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher I can understand trying to stay in your role but isn't referring to yourself in 3rd person a bit much? ;)
  • Page

of 1205 First / Last