Dark Souls Page 682

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• sport 3 Jan 2013 14:06:47 12,043 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New SL1 speedrun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu9hZZNEEcY - I could watch these all day
  • teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 14:18:19 2,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it seems ENB is completely burnt out on Dark Souls and is going to be scaling down his videos and VLog's. Saw he got a lot of abuse just before Christmas aswell which was completely out of order.

It's a real shame as he is one of the better people to watch for this particular game and he has put a lot of effort into researching and piecing together all the lore as well as guides for beginners to the game.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• Paulie_P 3 Jan 2013 14:27:43 394 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan Thanks, I'll look that up as well. I know I can do it, I just need the right conditions to unfold at the start of battle and that'll be me set!
  • teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 14:33:06 2,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Goodfella

EpicNameBro

• Architect_z 3 Jan 2013 16:14:58 2,293 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Alot of abuse?
  • Dr_Mech 3 Jan 2013 16:47:18 940 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tonight, when I get home from work I shall conquer Sen's Fortress, this shit will not beat me, once I'm done I'll then proceed to burn it to the ground, laughing as the fire spreads into the forest. God I hate that place, more than I hated Blighttown.

Sif looks like it will be one of those fights like Stray Demon where you have to just wait for hits and slowly wittle her down.
  • teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 18:46:57 2,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Alot of abuse?
    Yeah he just got some hate because he made some comments about DSII on Youtube. It was completely disproportionate and he did say he was going to stop posting videos because of it before Christmas.

• teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 18:48:34 2,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Tonight, when I get home from work I shall conquer Sen's Fortress, this shit will not beat me, once I'm done I'll then proceed to burn it to the ground, laughing as the fire spreads into the forest. God I hate that place, more than I hated Blighttown.

Sif looks like it will be one of those fights like Stray Demon where you have to just wait for hits and slowly wittle her down.
    I <3 Sen's Fortress. Awesome area. Just a shame it isn't a little bigger. More levels. More traps. More firebombs. Love it.

• erekose200 3 Jan 2013 19:08:06 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guys, a little advice please.

I'm a new member of the Darkmoon covenant and although I'm on my second run through I am very a much noob when it comes to invading. Anyway, everytime I invade a player, not only do they appear to not be there but every single enemy is untocuhed and in starting positions and there are no sounds or signs of fighting. Is this some kind of glitch? I realise they could be hiding but surely they would have downed some of the enemies... it also seems unlikely that over 5 worlds in a row would be hiders.. Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Edited by erekose200 at 19:08:38 03-01-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 3 Jan 2013 19:16:03 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @erekose200 Where have you been invading and what is your soul level?
  • Elathron 3 Jan 2013 19:40:41 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @erekose200 Errrr... I have that problem sometimes. If there're no dead enemies then they're by a bonfire or at least near to one. There's a few pages on the wiki dedicated to hiding spots, either that or you may be unlucky enough to have invaded a chameleon user every time: if you don't find anyone, smash all the things that look like this:
    Undead Asylum Frightened Dog Statue
    Anor Londo = Golden Pot
    The Catacombs = Aged Pot
    Firelink Shrine = Mossy Pot
    Undead Burg/Undead Parish = Barrel
    Quelaag's Domain = Cocoon
    Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith = Demonic Statue
    Ash Lake = Mushroom Child
    Darkroot Garden/Basin = Small Tree
    New Londo = Dark Pot
    Tomb of Giants = Giant Skull
    Sen's Fortress = Silver Knight Statue
    Depths = Inanimate Slime Pile
    Blighttown = Broken Made Pot
    Painted World = Impaled Corpse
    Valley of the Drakes = Moss Covered Vase
    The Duke's Archives = Wooden Podium
    Kiln of the First Flame = Fire-blasted Pillar

(taken from various sources)
    Failing that, there're a few places where you can escape the fog doors to compound invaders. Darkroot Garden PvP area is one of these palces.

Edited by Elathron at 19:59:28 03-01-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• erekose200 4 Jan 2013 01:07:36 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Dukes archives is where I was invading and I'm level 152. I just never really bothered with invading before, being more into the PVE but then I liked the idea of punishing invaders (after getting smashed one to often by them) so I joined the Darkmoon covenant and now I'm still getting smashed... just as the invader now! Love this game!
  • erekose200 4 Jan 2013 01:08:43 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wondering if it is worth playing Demons souls next. I never played it before and I'm wondering how much of a step back it is compared to DS..
  • Dr_Mech 4 Jan 2013 01:24:53 940 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok well...

Never has a game featured both the "oh yeah, sword to the face, eat it!" emotion and the "oh my god I'm a monster" emotion in the same fight. I beat Sif and the last part of that fight is heartbreaking, though you all know this but..damn...it became less a 'beat the boss' and more 'put her out of her misery', especially when she falls over and just flails on the floor.

I think having a +10 Knight shield, +10 Butcher's Knife, +6 Elite Knights armour, 36 Strength, 20 Vitality and 23 Endurance helped with that fight though, was able to absorb what probably is normally an unblockable attack (the double sword spin, first part can be blocked but not the second). It would cost me all my Endurance to do it though.

Edit: And that is Sen's Fortress done...unlike Blighttown I have no reason to go back there, got what I needed and now in the wonderful land of Anor London...with huge knights...wonderful

Edited by Dr_Mech at 05:54:45 04-01-2013
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 4 Jan 2013 08:18:25 365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @erekose200

Definitely should play Demon's Souls, it's even bleaker and more atmospheric. The main difference for me is the lack of an open world (not a bad thing, just different) and fewer unique weapon animations, otherwise it's equally as good.

Possibly better, because it doesn't have the Bed of Chaos.
  • Architect_z 4 Jan 2013 08:54:25 2,293 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - Aye its an emotional fight that one, depending on how you do the DLC areas, you can unlock a different cutscene for the Sif fight which is kinda emotional aswell. Also (if youre in human form) during the fight with Manus (DLC BOSS) you can summon a special friend to help you.

Demons Souls rocks. Its harder and more punishing, but so much more rewarding, especially defeating the bosses.
  • Architect_z 4 Jan 2013 15:56:50 2,293 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    HEHEHEHE, I love it when you invade someone, and in the panic they start walking backwards, and you see them backstepping towards a cliff edge.

Oh they must feel like such a dumbass after falling to their death.
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 4 Jan 2013 16:05:59 365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I invaded someone in Oolacile once, went looking for them and couldn't find them. I took one of those lifts down to check downstairs.

Next thing I know, the guy came out of nowhere, went for a plunging attack and missed, then went plummeting past me and splatted on the ground below. :)
  • Big-Swiss 4 Jan 2013 18:09:11 7,948 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hate invaders, I hate them so much, i can really feel the anger rising inside me as soon as I hear the summoning sound......

anyway, I'm now on my third run, I'm level 132, and the second run was awesome! I only need the knights honor trophy and then I platined the thing! yay!

But I can see myself sticking around and just do some MP. Perhaps I will turn into a annoying invader. Well at least I have managed to be on a level now, that you really have to fight me to kill me, and I do win from time to time, probably about 50% wins at the moment.

it is a bit the downside, having a allaround "get the plat trophy" build makes me have a decent much fun guy, but not really overpowered on anything
  • Big-Swiss 4 Jan 2013 18:13:43 7,948 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Garlvinlandblueblood wrote:
    @erekose200

Definitely should play Demon's Souls, it's even bleaker and more atmospheric. The main difference for me is the lack of an open world (not a bad thing, just different) and fewer unique weapon animations, otherwise it's equally as good.

Possibly better, because it doesn't have the Bed of Chaos.
    Bed of Chaos is one of the easiest bosses for me! but of course I do the "fuck it, I'm homeboning this one". perhaps it makes me too casual, but in the end, when I'm at the bed of chaos I am anyway in a hurry to finally face gwyn
  • erekose200 4 Jan 2013 18:37:15 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well now is a good time to get DS I guess since it's cheap and the servers are still running.. I'll finish my NG+ and then take the plunge. Love it!
  • erekose200 4 Jan 2013 20:52:18 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My favourite recent moment was hiding in the woods as a tree and an invader walking right up to me only to get a Crystal soul spear in the head. Awesome!
  • Dr_Mech 5 Jan 2013 02:43:44 940 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok getting my ass kicked.

I'm not out of Humanity on the Smough and Ornstein fight, meaning I can't summon Solaire, I'm going for Smough first since I want Ornstein's armour, I honestly have no idea how to do this boss, this is probably the first genuinely frustrating boss fight I've had in Dark Souls. The others I could see where I went wrong through trial and error but nail it in the end (Stray Demon) or just had to be patient (Sif), since I'm heavy armour wearer I'm not quick enough to dodge, should I just downgrade my armour to light for this fight and be all about taking the occasional poke as and when I can?

Now my Xbox is the older model and I don't have the wireless thingy for it so I'm playing offline, so I can't even summon for help from you guys.
  • erekose200 5 Jan 2013 03:25:50 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone else get the bug where, despite being hollow, the game randomly forces you to invade someone and as soon as you materialise you get the 'disconnected from world' message?

Pretty random.
  • Lotos8ter 5 Jan 2013 07:13:56 2,324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - trial and error won't get you through that fight, it can be brutally hard for newcomers. You need to be reasonably mobile, you can't really tank the fight; good lightning + physical armour is essential - the Silver Knight Set is a good choice in AL and if you have any twinkling titanite, then upgrade the main chest piece a couple of times.
    Weapon wise, something +10 or above should see you through. Charcoal resin to add fire damage is great if you have it, Pyro spells work well too. I saw a speed run where a guy used the Crystal Halberd also found in AL to kill them quickly...

Tactics - pillars are your best ally, but watch out for their weapons clipping through them sometimes. You need to create distance and keep an eye on both O +S and use the pillar to stop O being able to glide straight at you. Once O is out of direct contact, go for a hit on Smough, then adjust your position, rinse and repeat. Watch some Youtube vids so you can recognise their movesets.
    Good luck

Fiat Lux

• Page

of 1190 First / Last