Dark Souls Page 681

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• Dangerous_Dan 3 Jan 2013 08:40:21 2,380 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Chaos/Fire bow used with fire arrows does very good damage, especially the composite bow version regardless of how many stat points were put into anything - so a good weapon for low level chars.

Normal +15 bow, especially Pharis bow works great if you put enough stat points in dexterity and of course use it with the best physical damage arrow to maximize physical damage.

Magic or Faith bows have to be used with magic moon arrows and of course you should have a high faith or intelligence stat to give it a lot of damage, but of course only use the moon arrows.

Crossbows have never any stat scaling. So good at low levels and of course use your lightning crossbow with lightning bolts and your normal +15 crossbow with heavy normal bolts.

It's always about maximizing one damage category. Usually it's better to deal 200+100 physical damage than 200 physical and 100 lightning damage.
  • Architect_z 3 Jan 2013 09:00:35 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanx DD

Still confused about the moonlight bow? (is that what its called?)
    It does barely any damage even though my dex and faith ar really high.
    And I am using moonlight arrows too.

Might have to make a chaos bow for jokes.

Edited by Architect_z at 09:01:08 03-01-2013
  • Dr_Mech 3 Jan 2013 09:21:50 1,024 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sen's Fortres...grrr...I hate platforming (I'm kind of crap at it) and now this game throws it at me, spent two hours slowly working my way through the various boulder traps, making my past those swinging blades, the lift with spikes (actually spotted that one before it killed me since I got off at the floor due to 'Blightown waterwheel' thinking) and single pulling those damn serpent people...only to be killed by a firebomb...and what is the betting I was probably mere moments away from a Bonfire...

Also had a go at Sif, I hate her, I will kill her one day but not today...
  • Red_Bool 3 Jan 2013 09:38:12 1,173 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - Oh, you'll love Sen's eventually :) Here's a hint: learn to use a bow to draw out / kill enemies. If you hold R1 and then tap L1 (xbox) you get a 1st person view that makes aiming easier. Some of the lighting throwing bastards will actually fall off there ledges when hit enough times.

Actually Sen's is one of my favourite parts now. It has a Zelda-vibe about it once you get used to it. Also have you looked down at the 1st set of swinging blades? Only go down there if you have the rusted iron ring...

Don't start about Sif - I actually spent around 2 weeks beating him/her :( (not continuously of course ;))
  • Elathron 3 Jan 2013 09:43:32 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Haha, not quite dead yet! I'll be taking abreak from X-COM as I've poured 20 hours into it in 4 days... Problem is, it's nice and all that, but it's a bit samey :confused: I was hoping for a bit more diverrsity in the game but it sadly hasn't appeared yet :(
    I'll be back on DaS by tomorrow haha!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 09:52:09 2,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

I too have XCOM but I went through the "must play XCOM!" phase you are going through before Christmas.

Don't worry, it will pass, and you will soon be back on Dark Souls! :D

And when you are, PvP delights await!

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Elathron 3 Jan 2013 10:16:49 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Awesome :D And yeah, it is a "must play X-COM!" bug...

How goes the DM build? I've capped mine now at 125 (naughty I know but I wanted the 50faith, 30dex...) so we should still be able to invade and summon together if ye want to? All I wish for however, is to be able to wear slightly better armour - LAG DEATHS!!! - are getting on my nerves lol

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Paulie_P 3 Jan 2013 11:28:35 415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fighting the Capra Demon and I'm finding it really tough, attempted it about 10-15 times last night and was getting nowhere, then on the 15th attempt it clicked. I got into a good rhythm but then as I killed the dogs, my weapon broke, no big deal I thought, I'll just chip away at the demon using the rhythm I had going.

I got the health bar down to about halfway, I could see the light then ding-dong, the doorbell rang. My partner had arrived home, she made me hold the baby. I waited until the Capra demon was running round in circles as I stood at the top of the staircase and used that gap to take the baby.

Baby screaming in my arms as I try to placate her by bouncing my knee up and down as I whittle the demons health down to a quarter. Still thinking I might do it, baby and partner crossing the screen as I play, then the bastard catches a lucky blow and I'm dead.....still haven't been able to get the same rhythm going since then, sigh :(
  • sport 3 Jan 2013 11:33:20 12,723 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Paulie_P - have you tried the dung pie/firebomb method - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzKVrfCI_w

Before entering the the fog gate, you can get the Capra toxic by throwing dung over the wall. Thing is, this actually didn't work for me, but throwing firebombs in the same area managed to kill the dogs before entering, which made the fight easier.
  • teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 11:40:18 2,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

I was planning to stop at 115 ish. Are we in range of each other if that's the case? If not I can always put a few points more in.

I'm rolling Great Magic Barrier, Wrath of Gods, Gravelord Greatsword Dance, and Great Heal. I'll replace GH with DMB when I get it, and GGD is in there because I reckon it will work quite well if we are invading together. a 1v1 I wouldn't take it.

• Paulie_P 3 Jan 2013 11:42:32 415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @sport thanks I didn't think you could do that, so do you throw them through the fog? (i'll need to check the video later as I'm in work at the min).
  • sport 3 Jan 2013 11:43:31 12,723 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    @sport thanks I didn't think you could do that, so do you throw them through the fog? (i'll need to check the video later as I'm in work at the min).
    Not through the fog, over it - check out the vid later :-)
  • teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 11:49:30 2,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sport wrote:
    @Paulie_P - have you tried the dung pie/firebomb method - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzKVrfCI_w

Before entering the the fog gate, you can get the Capra toxic by throwing dung over the wall. Thing is, this actually didn't work for me, but throwing firebombs in the same area managed to kill the dogs before entering, which made the fight easier.
    I've done it. It's quite hard to get right as you have to be in the exact right spot and use a bow to project the throw, but it is possible.

Sometimes you can get it right first time in which case you need only four dung pies, however it can quickly get out of control when you swear you are hitting in the same place, and can easily cost more in dung pies than what you get from the actual boss kill.

In my opinion it sucks even when you get it right. Yes Capra is a pain but there's just no achievement in doing it this way, and getting the dung pie method right is just as much a pain! One well timed roll when you first enter the boss fog can save a tonne of grief (and souls).

• sport 3 Jan 2013 11:51:49 12,723 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have no shame in Dark Souls :-P
  • Paulie_P 3 Jan 2013 11:57:12 415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    One well timed roll when you first enter the boss fog can save a tonne of grief (and souls).
    This is what does my head in about the fight, I can make my way to the boss fine then within one or two seconds I can die if I mis-time the roll or if one of the dogs catches me. I was so angry on the attempt that I nailed it, that I had all that rotten luck happen to me during it!
  • teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 11:59:28 2,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    One well timed roll when you first enter the boss fog can save a tonne of grief (and souls).
    This is what does my head in about the fight, I can make my way to the boss fine then within one or two seconds I can die if I mis-time the roll or if one of the dogs catches me. I was so angry on the attempt that I nailed it, that I had all that rotten luck happen to me during it!
    It is one of the most frustrating bosses yes. Because you can't really even summon someone for it, because most of the time you will be dead before the summon can even make it through the fog gate.

It is a true test of your willingness to endure evil.

• Architect_z 3 Jan 2013 12:12:34 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Equation for killing the capra demon:

Roll to evade capra attack > Run to top of stairs > Kill dogs (repeat if dogs not fully killed) repeat.

Capra = Block 1st attack roll from others > attack when opening appears (be prepared to roll if Capra charges for an attack).

Easy as Pie

Edited by Architect_z at 12:13:59 03-01-2013
  • Paulie_P 3 Jan 2013 12:31:55 415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Architect_z what about when your partner crosses the telly and the baby tries to grab the controller?
  • mcmothercruncher 3 Jan 2013 12:34:19 7,069 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's great to see some new blood hooked on death, pestilence and really fucking big swords :)
  • Elathron 3 Jan 2013 12:36:05 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - 115 is fine, all things in DaS summoning include x% + 10levels... I think the only reasons we couldn't invade together are down to servers and connection speeds :confused: I guess the trick is to summon one another 1st to check we're in the right server? DM dual invading is quite easy anyway, as most people have a few sins at that level anyway we should have no problems. My best success rates have been in DRG and the Burg so we'll work our way from there I suppose?
    In regards to GLGSD, it's good but the blades can be a pain in the arse if they don't appear under the target! You might find another AoE like VoS (too many slots though IMO) or TWoP to be handier in a gank-fight.

• Architect_z 3 Jan 2013 12:45:12 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Paulie_P - Your own fault for not keeping them in line. Gotta lay down the law when you're playing Dark Souls. ^_^
  • sport 3 Jan 2013 12:47:53 12,723 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    @Architect_z what about when your partner crosses the telly and the baby tries to grab the controller?
    Parry the baby!
  • teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 12:49:56 2,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron.

Sounds good. We can try with me at 115 and if that doesn't work I will level up a bit more.

Sounds good we can start at the Burg or wherever I will let you decide.

I've got TWoP so we can always see how that goes. I'm not fussed. GLGSD looks cool but yeah I have seen it is a bit hit and miss like the Firestorm pyromancies.

• creepylizard 3 Jan 2013 12:50:08 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dr_Mech
    I was only jusr recently finishing up in Sens and I had the same reaction as you. something along the lines of "this is bloody ridiculous". And then I arrived at Anor Londo.
    Sens doesn't seem that bad anymore...
    So many silver knights.
    So. Bloody. Many.
  • Elathron 3 Jan 2013 13:07:28 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Well, I'm gonna stock up on the pyromancy, I think a double threat of pyro and faith spells can be pretty effective. Say one of us takes poion/toxic mist & the other takes poison throwing knives/dung pies - that would be brutal!!! My style of PvP is building up 3 meters (poison/toxic/bleed) on the opponents screen to make them uber paranoid - with 2 people doing the same, I can sense afew rage-quits looming on the horizon :D

With the dual invading though, how will we play it? Neither of us like being ganked so will we do the honourable thing or just nuke people as quick as possible lol.

• Paulie_P 3 Jan 2013 13:09:25 415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Architect_z oh i've tried - couldn't believe she rang the doorbell for me to let her in yesterday - I knew it was her so I just ignored her, she's got a bloody key!

@sport ok tried that, baby started spewing, this game is tough!
  • teamHAM 3 Jan 2013 13:13:21 2,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

Sure, we can sort out pyromancies/dung pies/knives. Sounds pretty fun. :)

As for the honorable thing. It's not like we are darkwraiths, we are Darkmoon Blades. We invade the guilty. Innocent lives are spared. Therefore justice should be administered at any cost.

Right... right? :)

• Elathron 3 Jan 2013 13:43:23 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Agreed. If they've sinned enough for the both of us to invade then sod 'em. Some proper pummellings should sort the miserable guilties out :D

• Dangerous_Dan 3 Jan 2013 13:56:50 2,380 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Paulie_P - sounds like you rescued a princess in another game. ;) What could maybe really help you with Capra is the wolf poise ring, that way the dogs won't stun you. It can be found in the woods, no need to defeat another boss for it.
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last