Dark Souls Page 666

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• quadfather 20 Dec 2012 18:26:22 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - much obliged - I've played this game for over 300 hours but happily admit that I'm completely useless at PvP. Nice to have a bit of a plan!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 20 Dec 2012 18:29:40 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM - thanks for the info, much appreciated! I have to admit I normally play the game exclusively in human form but not connected to the net. I might just go online and saunter through a few levels online and see what happens. After all, I'm hardly likely to be any good at it, if I repeatedly avoid it

• quadfather 20 Dec 2012 18:43:49 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does anyone else feel like they live in this thread, or is it just me? I need to get out more :)

• mcmothercruncher 20 Dec 2012 19:35:43 5,772 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Real life's overrated- there aren't enough sexy spider ladies and plague babies.
  • teamHAM 20 Dec 2012 19:41:57 2,412 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Go outside? Nah. It's cold and dark. There are plenty of places in Lordran that can fulfill that requirement :)

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• Puppaz 20 Dec 2012 19:47:56 303 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, screw real life, eventually one of those rats will drop humanity, and you'll be sorted
  • creepylizard 20 Dec 2012 20:18:39 786 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I went outside outside today. It was rubbish
  • Puppaz 20 Dec 2012 20:26:16 303 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather what lvl are you? If you're on PC i can drop a red summon sign somewhere if i have a character near your level to practice pvp, will give you time to prepare etc.
  • azurelas_2 20 Dec 2012 20:47:09 1,095 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anor Londo is a bitch.
    And fuck Laurel and Hardy.
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2012 21:47:29 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Puppaz wrote:
    @quadfather what lvl are you? If you're on PC i can drop a red summon sign somewhere if i have a character near your level to practice pvp, will give you time to prepare etc.
    Much obliged.

On the pc I've got a level 80 which could be fun PvP. Steam username quadfather. Failing that I've got various on ps3

• Puppaz 20 Dec 2012 21:57:24 303 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather Have a level 62, or level 101, think I may have the lvl the 62 a bit, I'll get on it! :D

Where do you want me?

Edit: lvl 70 now, so will be ok I think. Bear in mind it's a weedy faith-end build :D

Edit2: Stupid damn iphone app

Edited by Puppaz at 22:32:30 20-12-2012
  • Tuffty 20 Dec 2012 23:40:51 1,408 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've beaten Dark Souls! I AM THE GREATEST VIDEO GAME PLAYER OF ALL TIME.
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2012 23:51:59 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've just realised something that makes the obscurity of this game even more unreal.

On rolling a new strength char, I chose a bandit. And as I was clearing out the undead asylum I noticed that you can hear the stray demon after killing the asylum demon.

I know this isn't anything new, but what with all the talk recently about how cryptic dark souls is, I realised that this is a fucking sublime touch. You've already beaten a massive adversary, and just as you're leaving, you heat the heavy thumping footsteps of something else. So its already sown the seed of doubt pretty much straight away, whether youre aware if it or nit.

Fucking sublime

Edited by quadfather at 23:53:12 20-12-2012

• quadfather 20 Dec 2012 23:54:44 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    I've beaten Dark Souls! I AM THE GREATEST VIDEO GAME PLAYER OF ALL TIME.
    YAY! Go you! Congratulations! Now do ng + :)

It's a great feeling, isn't it

• Tuffty 21 Dec 2012 00:08:57 1,408 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doing that just now! This game <3

Think now I'll have fun being human most of the time, leaving behind summon signs to help out other players. Before reaching the end I helped out a player take out O&S and he sent me a message afterwards where he seemed really grateful! Also, now that I've beaten it, I feel obliged to read up on anything that I might have missed in my playthrough and see if I can get some good gear I missed out on. Although, I'm guessing for my pyromancer who uses dexterity weapons a lot, there's no point in me creating stuff like greatswords and that is there, seeing as my strength stat isn't high enough to wield them?

I kinda wish there was an option to join someones game directly. I only say that because a friend of mine is playing it at the minute and he cannot, for the life of him, get past the twin gargoyles. He doesn't have any humanity so he can't reverse hollow and summon, I think he used up all his gold pine resin...he just seems in a bind, whereas I could join his game and help him out.

Edited by Tuffty at 00:15:54 21-12-2012
  • Big-Swiss 21 Dec 2012 08:24:07 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I did it!

and now I'm back in the asylum!

but something does bother me, I got 100'000 souls on me after the end of ng, and now I can't use them. and I fear the new powerfull demon is going to kill me before I reach lordran and if he kills me twice, they will all be gone!! I want to use them now :(
  • Big-Swiss 21 Dec 2012 08:26:33 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wait a second, perhaps I can use them, silly me, I just saw that almost all options at the bonfire are gone, and just automatically thought I can't do anything. no weapon upgrading, no repairement, no kindling, no human form, but perhaps upgrading skills does work, have to check tonight.............
  • FourSevenZero 21 Dec 2012 08:59:22 82 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Tuffty Your mate could help others with the boss fight first, he'll get Humanity for the victory, gets practice can level up, upgrade and he's golden :)
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2012 09:00:05 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    I've just realised something that makes the obscurity of this game even more unreal.

On rolling a new strength char, I chose a bandit. And as I was clearing out the undead asylum I noticed that you can hear the stray demon after killing the asylum demon.

I know this isn't anything new, but what with all the talk recently about how cryptic dark souls is, I realised that this is a fucking sublime touch. You've already beaten a massive adversary, and just as you're leaving, you heat the heavy thumping footsteps of something else. So its already sown the seed of doubt pretty much straight away, whether youre aware if it or nit.

Fucking sublime
    Dude, the moment you leave your cell if you look to your right you can see the Stray Demon stomping around through the barred windows. :p
    True, but first time playing you'll think, "wow, he's a big Bastard". Then when you fight asylum demon you'll think that it was the stray demon you fought.

Even more sublime

• quadfather 21 Dec 2012 09:03:50 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    I did it!

and now I'm back in the asylum!

but something does bother me, I got 100'000 souls on me after the end of ng, and now I can't use them. and I fear the new powerfull demon is going to kill me before I reach lordran and if he kills me twice, they will all be gone!! I want to use them now :(
    Congratulations!

I think you'll survive ok-the asylum demon will be easy compared to what you've been through recently :)

• senso-ji 21 Dec 2012 09:41:49 5,330 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Big-Swiss

Asylum Demon second time round is actually easier than the first time if you use some upgraded weapons. It shouldn't be a problem unless you do something stupid.
  • Tuffty 21 Dec 2012 09:47:27 1,408 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Big-Swiss As someone who has just started NG+ I can confirm that the Asylum Demon is a pushover when it met my Quelaag Furysword. Killing it is no problem, a stark contrast to when I fought it for the first time all that time ago! Makes you feel like a badass :)
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2012 09:55:14 10,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just a heads up, we're on page 666 :)

• Big-Swiss 21 Dec 2012 10:27:09 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @quadfather

well, let me be honest, I often summoned held for the last quarter of the game, also because I coudn't get any weapon to more than +5.

oh well, I'll find out
  • Page

of 1190 First / Last