Dark Souls Page 665

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• Dangerous_Dan 19 Dec 2012 16:55:25 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck
    It's magic damage, the description wrong.
    The magic damage is 1.8 times magic adjust rating.
    Here's a table which shows you your magic adjust rating depending on talisman and faith level
  • quadfather 19 Dec 2012 16:55:53 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    @quadfather

Those buffs are great but Gold Pine resin also works well if you don't want any magic; greatly increases the chance to stagger, plus it's easy to farm. I was once wrecked in PvP by some bastard coating a +15 halbred with one (another awesome and under rated weapon for strength builds).
    Interesting. As you could pump str + end + vit far more if you sacrifice the int and/or faith....

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 19 Dec 2012 16:57:29 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron I've linked the table to what kind of talisman at which level of faith is best.

The damage for sunlight blade is 1.8 times magic adjust.
    The damage for darkmoon blade is depending on the darkmoon covenant level.
    Ranging from 1.8 to 2.1 at level 3.
  • Elathron 19 Dec 2012 17:05:19 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - Ta, I thought I was missing something. Also, the spell's description (DMB) says that the more sin the victim has committed, the greater the damage? Exact words are "the deeper the animus, the greater the damage inflicted" if I remember rightly? Any proof of this or is it another typo...

Edited by Elathron at 17:05:30 19-12-2012

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 19 Dec 2012 17:05:35 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hm, can't decide on a greatsword...neither can I decide on whether to use pine resin or go for enchanted +5

• Dangerous_Dan 19 Dec 2012 17:07:54 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron As far as I know it scales with the darkmoon covenant level which is a measure of how many ears you offered - in that sense it scales with the kills.
  • Elathron 19 Dec 2012 17:11:40 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - I 'spose that makes sense O_o
    I also found that I got shot up to rank +1 in the cov when I gave Lautrec's ear (I know it was his as it was the only one I had on me). Not sure how that ended up happening??? I'd joined the covenant before in a previous playthrough, but having murdered Gwyntrannydolyn in 5 playthroughs I wouldn't have thought any of my previous ranks would have been retained :confused:

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Dangerous_Dan 19 Dec 2012 17:18:58 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That Lautrec fella must have been a real bastard then. ;)
  • mothercruncher 19 Dec 2012 18:23:09 7,846 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Darkmoon buff is noticeably stronger than the Sunbro buff, but you need to level up in the Covenant to get it there. It's worth it.

Why not plan for a NG playthrough with Vit/End/Str, +15 weapons and fire/lightning buffs and then plan to pump another stat for faith/magic buffs in NG+ Quad?
    From experience, with the stonking weight of strength weapons, you're going to want to prioritise boosting End more than with other builds, might spread yourself too thin adding a fourth stat early on.

Edited by mcmothercruncher at 18:24:18 19-12-2012
  • Puppaz 19 Dec 2012 21:47:54 338 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got bored waiting for summons/invasions in the depths so invented a new game!
    Rat tossing!
    Simply equip the dark wood grain ring and forward flip over the corpses of rats to initiate a rat-toss. One highlight was seeing how far I could get them from the trident-wielding Mage area, into the boss area down below.
    I need a hobby.
  • mothercruncher 19 Dec 2012 22:18:15 7,846 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Get that sent to From. With the promise of dedicated servers now for DS II, we could have a killer new multiplayer activity, kinda like an evil, twisted Mario Party :)
  • FanBoysSuck 20 Dec 2012 09:26:28 1,540 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan Both wikis say otherwise dude
    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/sunlight-blade
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Sunlight+Blade

Thanks for the link to the chart though!

I'll probably go dark moon blade after I've unlocked the last few covenants(forest hunters,sun bro's and dark wraiths) so it's not a major issue anyway.

For the emperor!

• Dangerous_Dan 20 Dec 2012 09:39:03 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Interesting, thanks for clearing up my mistake. Don't remember where I heared it wrong then.
    But if it's lightning damage then I'm intrigued because in PvP at higher levels the character's magic defense is often quite a bit higher than the lightning defense.
    It may also have that slight stun effect of lightning weapons.
  • Architect_z 20 Dec 2012 09:40:29 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I do find the darkmoon covenant/buff strange. I'm a darkmoon+3.
    In PvP, I use both sunlight weapon and darkmoon weapon, with 50 faith on a Baldur+15.
    If anything, I'd say sunlight weapon is more powerful than the dark moon buff, maybe the covenant-scaling (if you like) doesnt make a noticeable amount of difference, im not sure.

Been using a Shotel+15 with darkmoon buff on it, its almost too unfair, people get so confused when i'm taking off 500-odd damage while their shield is held up.
  • FanBoysSuck 20 Dec 2012 09:43:54 1,540 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Elathron Ah right I'm miss remembering then. This thread moves so fast!

Looks like I'll be using my +15 uchi for the rest of this play through then, with buffs coming into play on NG++. I don't believe I'll have to go into NG+++ to get that bloody Knight's Honor trophy!

For the emperor!

• FourSevenZero 20 Dec 2012 12:43:36 82 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    @FourSevenZero Nice to see another ENB fan around. His video's get me through the day at work ;)

Someone mentioned an ultimate strength weapon earlier in the thread that scales S for strength as well as one or two other stats that scale lower. Enchanted something I think. It may be worth trying that out.
    Yeh, loving the ENB, he makes it look so easy ;)I watch him and Kazmeiras, he's done some good series' and he's pretty funny.

I'll check the wiki for that weapon, cheers.

I tried out a few weapons I had stashed away, the Greatsword looks v. cool but yeh it is pretty slow, I did like the thrust attack though and I've started to upgrade it :) and I tried out the firey MSG I made it wasn't bad faster than the GS and it has the jumping attack like the Butcher Knife which never gets old! But then I tried out the Dragon's Tooth ...bloody hell that was fun! I'll be upgrading that it's a beast :)

And so I went back to the Sanctuary and took a companion with me who used a lot of pyro doing a load of damage which I'll try next time, but didn't get too far because I rolled off a bloody cliff dodging an attack (and I'd already walked off a cliff looking for summon signs!) not my night and turned it off in humiliation!

Going to farm some humanity and head back!
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2012 12:49:37 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dragon tooth! I've never used that. That might work well with a str build

/reads up

• Architect_z 20 Dec 2012 13:06:03 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I used the dragon tooth as my primary weapon in my first ever playthrough. Had to use it 2-handed though, because I didnt have the strength stat required. Unfortunatley its not amazing in PvP, however its so much fun to use in normal mode, especially the R2 attacks, they crush black/silver knights in one hit. The weapon is also buffable. In NG+ you can kill the asylum demon (at the start) in one hit (with weapon at +5).

Also when dragon tooth is at +5, buffed and when using jumping attacks, you can kill gwyn in 4 hits (on your first playthrough)

Edited by Architect_z at 13:07:37 20-12-2012
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2012 14:10:05 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't pvp, so it might be viable for me

• Architect_z 20 Dec 2012 14:59:42 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm loving PvP at the moment, I invade mainly in the painted world, so if you're near SL120 and in human form, I might just be after your ear (souvenir of reprisal).
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2012 15:03:51 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd probably like it too, if I was any good at it. Honestly, I'm woeful :)

• quadfather 20 Dec 2012 15:12:30 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I haven't even killed anyone

At all

Lost them all!

• Buztafen 20 Dec 2012 15:38:07 16,531 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ive died probably 8 times out of 10 in PVP battles...but those 2 times out of 10 when it all goes my way, they are oh so sweet. :)
  • Puppaz 20 Dec 2012 16:09:07 338 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best PVP so was probably having next to no HP left then hitting someone with a lightning bonewheel shield, which knocked them off a ledge, then jumped down to finish with a plunging attack
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2012 16:50:10 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    See I always panic too much, and end up just doing standard flailing attacks that end in the invader shrugging their shoulders at my buffoonery.

If I could relax a bit more, I'd probably last a bit longer and remember things like plunging attack, roll attack etc etc.

As it is, I'm lucky not kill myself by accidentally flinging my character into a gaping chasm

• Architect_z 20 Dec 2012 17:26:36 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The best thing to do is keep calm, chances are, they might suck at PvP. It can be intimidating because they are all red and armour clad with big glowing weapons. And because they are invading you, its easy to assume they are more skilled or know something you dont.
    But keep calm, keep your shield up, check their armour and weapons. As a defence rule set, i'd if invader has:
    Heavy weapon (great sword/axe/hammer etc) -roll to evade attacks.
    Light weapon -shield should be ok
    Medium weapon (katanas/straight swords/halberds) -be prepared to roll but your shield wll be able to handle a few hits

Heavy armour -stab away at it until depleted
    Light armour -get one hit with a heavy weapon and keep spamming
  • teamHAM 20 Dec 2012 18:05:50 3,152 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PvP is a great idea but with the invention of the lagstab unfortunately it's a bit of a dead duck. 90% of invaders just run around fishing for backstabs, or with the DLC, come in spamming dark magic. The number of times I've had my opponent 10 yards in front of me totally under control to flashing behind me in 0.1 seconds performing a one hit kill is ridiculous.

But as a general tip, play the waiting game. Some invaders buff up as soon as they spawn, which means you just gotto last the duration of their DMB/SLB and that's it for that invasion. Also in places like ToG, Sen's, Crystal Cave the invader can make a mistake and leave themselves open or just flat out kill themselves. Easy souls.

Also, use spells to your advantage. Like Wrath of Gods in Sen's or ToG. Things that you might not do in an organised duel are passable in an invasion tbh. After all they did invade you, and more often than not the invader is better equipped than you are, so that really makes any bitching redundant. Places like Undead Parish are a now a hotbed for PvP ganking grief-fest, with low levels being invaded by souped up twinks with Obsidian Greatsword, dark magics, fully upgraded elemental weapons and so on. So fight fire with fire!

Edited by teamHAM at 18:07:22 20-12-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Puppaz 20 Dec 2012 18:25:40 338 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ive found Black flame is useful for my lvl 30 dex build, it pretty much destroys people who block constantly
  • Page

of 1218 First / Last