Dark Souls Page 657

  • Page

    of 1217 First / Last

  • Telepathic.Geometry 13 Dec 2012 00:15:21 11,451 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Red_Bool Yeah, and that's taking into account that it's considerably harder the second time around too... :)

    || PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

  • Puppaz 13 Dec 2012 04:07:27 332 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I spent much of today invading people in the depths, and even infected a couple with eggs.
    I'm such a git.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 13 Dec 2012 06:31:26 11,451 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If I were still a member of the Blades, I'd sort you out. :)

    || PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

  • Big-Swiss 13 Dec 2012 07:24:06 8,204 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    I did it! :D Finished my first playthrough! In the end I got so annoyed that I summoned someone to help me in the fight, but in retrospect I wasn't really totally happy with that choice either. While the other was distracting Gwyn I got in enough blows with my Balder +15 for the fight to end in less than 20 seconds...
    Still... I did it! :D

    ...and then I continued playing...defeated the Asylum demon, Taurus demon, the gargoyles, rang the church bell, killed the tit demon near Andre and then I got cocky and went straight for the Capra demon...and I got him the very first try!! :D I survived the initial onslaught without taking a single hit!
    Unbelievable how the 2nd time round you can do in one hour what took you 4 weeks the first time ;)
    CONGRATS! WELL DONE!
  • Red_Bool 13 Dec 2012 07:59:37 1,174 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Big-Swiss - Thanks! :D I actually continued playing out of curiosity - to see how much harder it would be. Apart from a couple of dumb moves (I still can't parry; that dragon will still kill you...) I didn't run into any trouble yet. Enemies do deal a whole lot more damage, but if they can't hit you that's no real issue ;)
    It'll be interesting to see how long I will continue in NG+, this is the first time a game has intrigued me this much to just continue...
  • mcmothercruncher 13 Dec 2012 08:27:01 7,493 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Many congrats RB. Unlike most games, finishing this one is a genuine achievement :)
  • Big-Swiss 13 Dec 2012 09:07:39 8,204 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I started with my list, and logically did totally diffrent stuff.

    first I tried to get that sorcerer weapon, so I could study that dance for me to perform after finishing the game. took me 30 minutes before it finally droped.

    I then offered myself to be summoned to help and to collect golden coins, since I need 3 more for the upgrades.


    And that then took 3 hours. (always seath)

    Perhaps a good read, perhaps not, cause I can't type english, but I was palmfaced a few times while trying to help other guys.

    - some guys still don't realize they have to heal you
    - some guys want to kill seath with bow and arrow
    - in combination you got guys staying at safe distance, never healing cause they don't need to and do 15 points damage per arrow. while I'm working my ass off for nothing.
    - being the golden boy of the bunch is cool
    - very much invading going on
    - I'm finally on the level to be the invader rescuer for other people
    - some invaders are impossible to kill
    - and again, I always thought I was a bit slow in terms of how the game works, but O believe a lot of guys are weirder. they heal you like 9 times before the boss, even tho my health is almost full, and then they run out of estus during the boss battle.
    - I got summoned into many NG+ games, but I'm only NG, that was weird and hard.

    In the end, I got exactly one gold coin ;( but many many souls, also from all the invaders I helped to kill. But honestly, perhaps 3 times I was just not good enough and dies while we acctually had the upper hand on seath, the rest of the times we dealt with "no-healers" and with poor guys who dies during the first seconds of the boss battle.



    So after 3 hours or maybe even 4, I got fed up, levelled up and went to the tomb of giants.

    I managed to find the bonfire:

    and now some questions again and some spoiler stuff:

    one chaos storm and one fire storm, and the ember was mine, killed all giant skellettons like that in 5 seconds - awesome!

    why did that dude push me into the hole? did I so somethign wrong during the game? had to kill him then afterwards. Is there a way to be friend with him next time, does he sell cool stuff?

    The woman with the two gurads from firelink shrine was there too, but I had to kill the guards, I got something from her, but now she is gone, where is she? I'm sure she sells cool stuff too, no?

    and again, can I teleporte to this bonfire back? don't want to try that out before I know, just too long of a way to get there



    I have to say, I hated the tomb of giants up until now, but yesterday with those short story based situations, I really liked it!!
  • Puppaz 13 Dec 2012 09:18:47 332 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Big-Swiss The dude is Patches the Hyena he does become a little merchant in firelink later on. Depends on what you answered when he asked "are you a cleric or something?", as he doesn't like them it seems. He'll usually still be up there, where he pushed you in. Next time you talk to him he'll ask if you forgive him in an odd way, so long as you say yes it will all be hunky-dorey, I think if you said you were a cleric he'll now aggro towards you.

    The lady with the two gimps is over in the church at the undead parish, where the fire-keeper soul was. She'll only stay there for a while before she dies and leaves some stuff, so get over there quick if you want to catch her (and get a nifty miracle if you are faith)

    And yeah, the bonfire near where you meet patches is a teleport one in ToG
  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 09:42:37 13,144 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    I did it! :D Finished my first playthrough! In the end I got so annoyed that I summoned someone to help me in the fight, but in retrospect I wasn't really totally happy with that choice either. While the other was distracting Gwyn I got in enough blows with my Balder +15 for the fight to end in less than 20 seconds...
    Still... I did it! :D

    ...and then I continued playing...defeated the Asylum demon, Taurus demon, the gargoyles, rang the church bell, killed the tit demon near Andre and then I got cocky and went straight for the Capra demon...and I got him the very first try!! :D I survived the initial onslaught without taking a single hit!
    Unbelievable how the 2nd time round you can do in one hour what took you 4 weeks the first time ;)
    Congratulations. Now pray for help against the 4 kings :p

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Dangerous_Dan 13 Dec 2012 09:43:26 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Big-Swiss I'll put a sign down below Petrus, it reads: Be wary of miscreant. I also put that message below Lautrec.

    Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 09:44:37 13-12-2012
  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 09:47:19 13,144 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Puppaz wrote:

    The lady with the two gimps is over in the church at the undead parish, where the fire-keeper soul was. She'll only stay there for a while before she dies and leaves some stuff, so get over there quick if you want to catch her (and get a nifty miracle if you are faith)
    You can keep her alive if you quickly go and kill Petrus the cleric at firelink shrine now she's left the tomb of the giants, as it's him that kills her if you let him live


    And yeah, the bonfire near where you meet patches is a teleport one in ToG
    Sure?

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 09:48:32 13,144 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Duke’s archive with my magic char. Did most of it, so killed all the blue golems in the garden for some blue chunks then had to face the crystal caves.

    Jesus H Christ, I was dying for fun. Forgot where the invisible paths were, got fucking pulverised by the large golems, and when I finally made it over, the fucking clams fucked me up repeatedly.

    Finally made it 1 time to seath who promptly one shotted me as I was trying ineptly to get his tail.

    So I've probably lost the chance to stun him with the crystal now?

    Ffs – bad night :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2012 10:33:05 3,116 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No you can still stun him with the crystal but you gotto run past him. When you go through the fog gate you will be opposite the crystal (so it's behind Seath) so just run behind him to the crystal and then just wait for him to faff about and come back to you and he still stuns himself.

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 10:41:04 13,144 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cool. nice one.

    should be a doddle then :)

    If I can just fucking get back to him! Fucking place is worse than totg. Though I haven't been there a while, so I'm out of practice in this area. Plus magic weapons are not ideal. Might have to have a shufty and see what else I've got.

    Or start another character :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Tuffty 13 Dec 2012 10:56:15 1,710 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For Seath I ran to the crystal, let him get as close as he could get to me, then smashed the crystal. Let's you get quite a few hits on him.
  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 10:59:55 13,144 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aye, that was my plan. Waited till he was about to do his attack and then I spooned the run to the back of him for his tail and he swiped me in one hit :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Red_Bool 13 Dec 2012 11:26:27 1,174 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was wondering: How far should one level the Estus Flask? I have it at +3 and now in NG+ I already found another firekeeper soul.

    Btw: It's funny how in NG+ I'm paying more attention to what everybody has to say. The first time around it was just one big mystery wtf was going on and why I was doing what I was doing (I guess I was just to pre-occupied with surviving ;)).
  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2012 11:28:49 3,116 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That run from the bonfire is stupidly easy. You don't need to take anything on at all. Just run past all the golems in the garden, into crystal cave. follow the route to the first invisible path. go in a straight line to the long beam where the first golem used to be, go down to the end of the beam onto the big hill of crystal, drop down onto the next invisible path (so the other big golem is under you). run in a straight line past the butterfly on left. once on solid ground run past all clams into fog gate. ;)

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2012 11:29:15 3,116 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    I was wondering: How far should one level the Estus Flask? I have it at +3 and now in NG+ I already found another firekeeper soul.
    Maximum is +7. I usually get it to +5 in NG, and then I only have to get 2 more in NG+ and it helps with the tougher enemies etc.

    Edited by teamHAM at 11:30:00 13-12-2012

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 11:34:59 13,144 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    That run from the bonfire is stupidly easy. You don't need to take anything on at all. Just run past all the golems in the garden, into crystal cave. follow the route to the first invisible path. go in a straight line to the long beam where the first golem used to be, go down to the end of the beam onto the big hill of crystal, drop down onto the next invisible path (so the other big golem is under you). run in a straight line past the butterfly on left. once on solid ground run past all clams into fog gate. ;)
    Yes, I can now, but last night (after 5 pints and not being in crystal caves for over a year) I had completely forgotten the paths :)

    Now the fog gate is there, yes, I can ignore those fucking infuriating clams

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2012 11:39:17 3,116 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Yes, I can now, but last night (after 5 pints and not being in crystal caves for over a year) I had completely forgotten the paths :)

    Now the fog gate is there, yes, I can ignore those fucking infuriating clams
    5 pints is absolutely no excuse :p

    But yeah those clams are annoying especially as they just pile into boss area on your first go :p

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • FourSevenZero 13 Dec 2012 11:41:01 82 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I started the DLC the other night, I got past the first boss, what a git! but I'm not doing much damage there, a bit shocked as I'm SL72 with 36str and a Butchers Knife that does over 400 damage or is it 500?!! Either way it chops everything else up :) So I've decided to try a bit of co-op for souls tonight to level up a bit, and maybe get the humanity to open the shortcut and clear Izalith before heading back in!

    They weren't kidding with the Prepare to Die line :)
  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 11:52:16 13,144 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Yes, I can now, but last night (after 5 pints and not being in crystal caves for over a year) I had completely forgotten the paths :)

    Now the fog gate is there, yes, I can ignore those fucking infuriating clams
    5 pints is absolutely no excuse :p

    But yeah those clams are annoying especially as they just pile into boss area on your first go :p
    Yup - it was one of those runs that just goes hideously wrong and you just steam roll through it all in the vain hope that something might go your way.

    Well, something did go my way, in the shape of a badly timed run, seath twatting me in the face and surrounded by clams pecking at my head

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Red_Bool 13 Dec 2012 11:52:48 1,174 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Red_Bool wrote:
    I was wondering: How far should one level the Estus Flask? I have it at +3 and now in NG+ I already found another firekeeper soul.
    Maximum is +7. I usually get it to +5 in NG, and then I only have to get 2 more in NG+ and it helps with the tougher enemies etc.
    I would have gotten it to +5 as well in NG if it weren't for my own stupidity (and the lack of explanation) - it said it could be used to reinforce your estus flask, so the first 2 (yes, I made the same stupid mistake twice!) I just used instead of taking them to a firekeeper...which I found out after talking to one and got the option to reinforce...Doh!
  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 11:53:14 13,144 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FourSevenZero wrote:
    I started the DLC the other night, I got past the first boss, what a git! but I'm not doing much damage there, a bit shocked as I'm SL72 with 36str and a Butchers Knife that does over 400 damage or is it 500?!! Either way it chops everything else up :) So I've decided to try a bit of co-op for souls tonight to level up a bit, and maybe get the humanity to open the shortcut and clear Izalith before heading back in!

    They weren't kidding with the Prepare to Die line :)
    Killer first monster isn't it? :)

    There's plenty more deathly surprises coming :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2012 12:09:04 3,116 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FourSevenZero wrote:
    I started the DLC the other night, I got past the first boss, what a git! but I'm not doing much damage there, a bit shocked as I'm SL72 with 36str and a Butchers Knife that does over 400 damage or is it 500?!! Either way it chops everything else up :)
    Yeah, you will do crappy damage in the DLC, everything seems to take less damage, especially bosses.

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • SparkyMarky81 13 Dec 2012 12:26:52 567 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Red_Bool I've had pretty much the same experience playing NG+ but I have been warned that things will get tougher as you get into the 2nd half of the game.

    I do worry I may have spoiled my NG+ slightly by killing an invader who went and dropped 1.5 million souls, which I spent on levelling the hell out of my sorcerer. Since then nothing has even worried me, let alone killed me.
  • FourSevenZero 13 Dec 2012 12:30:42 82 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    FourSevenZero wrote:
    I started the DLC the other night, I got past the first boss, what a git! but I'm not doing much damage there, a bit shocked as I'm SL72 with 36str and a Butchers Knife that does over 400 damage or is it 500?!! Either way it chops everything else up :) So I've decided to try a bit of co-op for souls tonight to level up a bit, and maybe get the humanity to open the shortcut and clear Izalith before heading back in!

    They weren't kidding with the Prepare to Die line :)
    Killer first monster isn't it? :)

    There's plenty more deathly surprises coming :)
    Yeh, I wasn't expecting that! Reminded me of my first encounter with the Centipede Demon who punched me in the face as soon as I walked through the gate and one shotted me! Erm, okaaay I'll try that again then, good feeling when they go down :)
  • FourSevenZero 13 Dec 2012 12:33:07 82 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    FourSevenZero wrote:
    I started the DLC the other night, I got past the first boss, what a git! but I'm not doing much damage there, a bit shocked as I'm SL72 with 36str and a Butchers Knife that does over 400 damage or is it 500?!! Either way it chops everything else up :)
    Yeah, you will do crappy damage in the DLC, everything seems to take less damage, especially bosses.
    Okay, not just me then, cheers! I guess I'll just level up a bit and grin and bare it ...must man-up :)
  • Puppaz 13 Dec 2012 12:46:52 332 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Puppaz wrote:

    The lady with the two gimps is over in the church at the undead parish, where the fire-keeper soul was. She'll only stay there for a while before she dies and leaves some stuff, so get over there quick if you want to catch her (and get a nifty miracle if you are faith)
    You can keep her alive if you quickly go and kill Petrus the cleric at firelink shrine now she's left the tomb of the giants, as it's him that kills her if you let him live


    And yeah, the bonfire near where you meet patches is a teleport one in ToG
    Sure?
    Pretty sure!
    Made me paranoid so I went back and checked, yup. Just warped from Firelink to ToG, ended up at the bonfire below the place with Patches.


    Edit: Decided to try a new character, for some reason always get stuck in dex-int or str-faith, so making a dex-faith character. I think its because notable weapons suggest faith matches str, but there's no reason not to have a dexy faith build I think. I just prefer the lighter weapons now anyway.

    Edited by Puppaz at 12:49:27 13-12-2012
  • Page

    of 1217 First / Last

Log in or register to reply